Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Give 3 reasons that make MLP so successful

Dashy 4 Ever

Give 3 reasons that make MLP so successful

1. It's attracting to both boys and girls and adults as well :grin:

2. It's cute:wub:

3. It's unique compared to all the crap people would rather watch these dyas:pout:

• Brohoof 3

1. The fandom's popularity became a closed loop after a period of time. It was popular because of the size, which made it popular, increasing its size. You can tell where this is going.
  2. Demographic subversion. While older folks or men liking franchises intended for younger girls isn't necessarily a new idea, bronies are by far the most prominent. This, combined with the above point, really anchored the MLP Fandom's prominence.
  3. It's a genuinely enjoyable franchise. Unfortunately, children (young girls especially) get the raw end of the deal when it comes to entertainment a lot of the time, so MLP being as good as it is was not only shocking to the folks who watched it, but onlookers who witnessed bronies becoming a sensation.

It's not too often that something like MLP: FiM comes around, so it's pretty understandable how it grew to how big it was when you really think about it. :ooh:

• Brohoof 5

1. Great characters that viewers, young and old, can identify with.

2. Enjoyable stories with life lessons that viewers can appreciate and say they’ve gone through.

3. Unintentionally, it’s not something that only girls can enjoy. 

• Brohoof 1

1. The world - I feel like people overlook this one a lot. The world of Equestria is broad and fascinating. It doesn't always make total sense and it's rarely the focus of the show, but it's very consistent for a children's cartoon with over 180 episodes and a movie. In my opinion it's a pretty unique combination of fantasy/mythological and modern elements.

2. The characters - The mane 6 and supporting cast are all interesting characters. They're complex, they don't always get along, they live different and consistent lives and they fit their world perfectly. Sure, Lauren Faust and Hasbro didn't exactly invent totally novel characters, but they did make round and dynamic characters who were archetypes more than stereotypes and grew as the story progressed. The voice actors are all top notch as well.

3. The production value (i.e. everything else) - The animation is strong, if pretty simple in the earlier seasons. The sound effects and background music are great and well made. Daniel Ingram is a maestro who has produced dozens of songs for the show that range from good to stellar. Plus, the staff at DHX and Hasbro are great at putting little touches into the show that make it feel more real and engaging.

For sure its IP's popularity helped it succeed and the unexpected brony fans didn't hurt, but even without those two things, say, if the show didn't have the MLP logo and never really picked up a large adult following for whatever reason, I'm pretty certain it still would have been a very successful show.

Oh, and Lauren Faust is some sort of magical fairy who spreads super success pixie dust over whatever she touches, that helps too.

• 2 months later...

1. Awesome, friendly characters that make me chuckle and smile. A nice change of pace after all the A-HOLE characters i seen in other bad shows. TEEN TITANS GO. :unamused:

2. The vast, deep world of Equestria.

3. Fan content. I have a habit of scrollng endlessly through pony art on deviantart. 

its lighthearted tone
touching deep themes despite being lighthearted(thus appealing to adults aswel)
the comunity it developed(many of its viewers were attracted to it by the amazing fan-made stuff)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

It looks amazing,

The shows design has a timeless quality to it. :fluttershy:

it teaches brilliant lessons

Some were probably drawn to it due to Lauren Faust's involvement. :wau:

and it stars six beautiful ponies. :wub:

People probably thought Rainbow Dash looked cool. B)

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1