Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1x1 with Unicorncob (rp)

Catpone Cerberus

Oliver swallowed and watched as the soldiers were overrun. While he didn't disagree with Jenna, he wasn't filled with much confidence either.

"So we just hide and hope they don't come after us?" he asked.

• Brohoof 1

"Not quite." Jenna said "This situation won't be solved by destroying, there's too many of them, we can only fight to defend ourselves." "It's all about that symbolism, my guess is that whoever sent that picture is trying to say that we need to go behind the enemy." "In there." she pointed at the portal again.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver blinked and looked at the portal. He swallowed as he thought about what that could possibly mean.

"Are you saying we have to go through the portal?" he asked, almost sounding scared of the idea.

• Brohoof 1

"I believe so, think about it." Jenna said "In story-media a solo person with a dog is usually a lone hunter or a traveler, the character is clearly hiding in the picture among what looks like tree's roots." "Then there's you, you yourself have acknowledged that your power isn't that useful in a fight, but it would be if we needed to find something, or stay hidden." "Even my abilities are lot more useful in defensive use than in offensive use." "I don't like the idea either, but it would make sense, and really, the only way to stop this would be to close those things, if that's possible." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver looked at the portal again and swallowed. He didn't like where this was going at all.

"So you're saying we have to go through the portal to find a way to stop them from opening up?" he guessed.

• Brohoof 1

"And to close them yes." Jenna said "But it will have to wait, we'll have to see if they ever stop coming, it'll be impossible to get there as long as there's a constant flow of them."  "That and we need to prepare, we don't know what's on the other side, the only thing we have to go on is what we see here, thus we only know that it's most likely cold and dark in there." 

• Brohoof 1

"Well they have to stop at some point, right?" Oliver asked, watching the portal still. "And how do we prepare for what's inside if we don't even know what's there? Apart from a lot of the undead, I mean."

• Brohoof 1

"Hopefully." Jenna simply said, at this point she couldn't be sure about anything, few days ago she was sure no reality breaking portals could suddenly appear in real life, yet here they were. "By preparing for as much as possible." "We need to gather as much equipment as is reasonable to carry, I have a lot here, but we need to go through it since I don't know if all of its functional, some of the things have been laying around quite a while." "We'll probably have to stay here for a day or two at least so that the area clears up a bit, I'll see if I can get any information during that time, who knows, maybe someone has visited that first portal." 

• Brohoof 1

"I hope my parents will be okay," Oliver muttered. "I don't want them to think I'm... y'know, gone."

He looked toward the portal again, then to where the figure was stood before. "Maybe that person we saw has been through it? They seem to know a few things."

• Brohoof 1

"Same, it doesn't help that my parents don't know about the whole powers thing." Jenna admitted "And maybe they did, or they just wanted to go look closer what was going on." "Speaking of, I wonder where they went, there hasn't been signs of them since the left our view."

• Brohoof 1

"I hope my parents are okay," Oliver muttered, looking down at his shoes. He looked back up at the portal again. "Maybe they went to get a closer look? Or they managed to get through the portal without being noticed?"

• Brohoof 1

"My vote is on the first one, latter would indicate quite a set of abilities." Jenna said, and as she said it, the back end of the forces was finally reached, and the flow of things from the portal stopped, so there was a end to that army, not that it helped the human army in any ways, as they kept slowly but surely retreating. "So they are not infinite? That's a good sign." She commented in part sarcastic manner. 

• Brohoof 1

"Well, it means there won't be endless zombies coming after us," Oliver pointed out, looking more relieved now. "Maybe, with enough people, we can fight back. Maybe more people with powers will help fend them off?"

• Brohoof 1

"As much as I want to share your optimistic thought, I doubt our situation is that good." Jenna stated "We have seen two of the countless portals that will appear assuming all dates in that letter are accurate, meaning that those who are able to do something about this are spread very thin." "There's clearly not that many of us who have powers, and from those who are, how many do have powers that actually help with this?" "And from those, how many are either too young, old or sick to help?" "Numbers alone also won't help, if bunch of trained soldiers can barely slow them down, what can untrained people do?" 

She looked thoughtful "I think I now know why the authorities have dealt with this like they have." "There isn't enough troops here because it was never the goal to stop them at the portal, they only sent just enough to slow them down." "Rest are most likely getting ready to defend the evacuation points." she kept a small pause before muttering "I hope they're not planning to nuke them." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver swallowed at the idea of the army using a nuke on the creatures. "Yeah, that'd be kinda extreme, huh?"

He kept looking on at the portal. "Still, it means there's only so many of them, and who's to say there's not a lot more with powers? I mean, we thought we were the only ones before we met."

• Brohoof 1

"That's part of the reason why I think there can't be many of us." Jenna pointed out "We have lived our whole lives and not once before this have met others with powers." "Even with the most optimistic estimate based on what I managed to find during the years I looked into it, we are talking thousands of people with powers, it may sound a lot, but when you spread it around the whole planet, it's not much." 

• Brohoof 1

"Maybe they're just really good at hiding it," Oliver guessed, shrugging. "We didn't know about each other's until we showed it, so who knows how many there could be around? And if we could get thousands together..."

• Brohoof 1

"Good luck going around the planet trying to gather everyone in time, many of which don't speak English most likely." Jenna pointed out "Ultimately it doesn't matter how many there exists, because there's only us three here...where ever that one went, and we know only handful of individual with powers to exist for sure." "Even if there was millions like us, if only ten shows up, those millions don't matter."  "Though it is surprising that the military doesn't have some kind of superhuman unit sent out." 

• Brohoof 1

"Well there's phones and social media," Oliver pointed out. "It can't be too hard to find any clues to lead us to more, right?"

He tilted his head. "Do you think they would have a superhuman unit?"

• Brohoof 1

"Isn't anymore, the military is blocking phone and internet connections as you may remember." Jenna pointed out "And yes I do, I find it hard to believe that the government wouldn't know about the existence of people with powers, and even harder to believe they wouldn't exploit it." "If there's any significant amount of us with powers, there's certainly a military program making some of us into super soldiers."

• Brohoof 1

"I guess so," Oliver muttered, biting his lip. "I just don't like the idea of people like us being forced to be soldiers. I don't feel good about hurting people."

He looked over again, wonderng what to do next.

• Brohoof 1

"It's not like any government ever has cared about the feelings of people." Jenna said as she took the normal binoculars and checked if she could see what was going on, it was hard due to the darkness but her eyes had gotten used to it at this point so she wasn't totally blind. The military's line continued getting pushed back and the flashes and sounds of gunfire started to get less intense as more and more soldiers went down or ran out of ammo, few helicopters flew in to help but that didn't do much.

The mystery person would make new appearance after some minutes, as in the distance they would be standing on one of the roofs looking down on the losing battle, there was about 5 buildings worth of distance between the wall and the hoard of whatevers, so it was only matter of moments until they would reach the wall. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver frowned and looked down at his feet. He couldn't argue with Jenna, as much as he didn't like the reality.

His nose twitched and he looked back up, smelling the air. "That person's back," he said.

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, seems to be standing on a roof." Jenna said still looking through the binoculars "Can't see any obvious sign of injury, so they are probably fine." on the naked eye one could see the person's shape, but binoculars were needed for any real detail "They turned around." the person moved to another roof, floating there in similar manner they had floated down from the wall, they then moved their arms to the sides, before moving them together in front of them at fast speed, as they did it, the building they had been on top of previously, along with a building on the other side of the street, were ripped apart and collapsed towards each other, crushing bunch of the hoard. "So that's what they can do." It didn't slow down the things for long though, as they simply climbed over the rubble.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver watched to see what the figure would do. When he saw the buildings collapse and crash together, his eyes widened and jaw dropped. "Whoa, they must be really strong. Good thing they're on our side, huh?"

• Brohoof 1