Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would fans feel if Novo had been voiced by the Queen of soul?

ManaMinori

That's right, I'm talking about Aretha Franklin. I know she'd had health problems for a while, but she was able to perform her final time in 2017, and Hasbro staff had been working on the movie long before then, so she could've easily lent her voice at that time. And while Queen Novo herself didn't get that much of a role in the film, I feel like she could've, if Aretha had been voicing her. Maybe even with time for another song. Does anyone think that that could've impacted the film or its turnout in any significant way?

I wouldn't think so. Considering how Hasbro does its business practices, the chances of the late Aretha Franklin being given the role of Queen Novo would've been slim to none as it would've meant shelling out a lot of money, finding time in her busy schedule to come in for voice recording, and a couple of other things that I don't know about all contributing to the same end result. Though it would've been something had it actually happened. Granted, it wouldn't have changed much in terms of how the movie turned out. That was on Hasbro's shoulders and to an extent Lionsgate for the lack of marketing.

If Aretha Franklin had voiced Queen Novo, the film would have gotten a ton of attention since she was a superstar but the reviews would only get a minor change. Lionsgate would be promoting this movie more often. You would see news headlines online and in the papers saying "The Queen of Soul is experiencing the My Little Pony phenomenon". The fan news sites (Equestria Daily, etc.) would definitely be reporting on it. I imagine Aretha would have a reporter at an interview or the premier asking her "what do you think about the bronies?"

Speaking of the bronies, it would be no surprise if the fandom were back the media spotlight with more fan art and fan fiction of Novo than what we currently see, and the MLP cons (Northwest Everfree or BronyCon) inviting Aretha to attend them; convention centers would see a ton of people show up just to see her.