Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wonderbolt Slipstream

Love is like a rhino: short sighted and hasty.  If it cannot find a way, it will make a way.

In a world of diverse sentient species like the Equestria universe, there will surely be all kinds of interspecies relationships, which is fine and dandy, but if the species are too different, then conception probably wouldn't be possible, so don't expect to see any scaled, fire-breathing yaks.

• Brohoof 1

The main issue would be procreation, but it's not the of every couple to have a child, so in theory that shouldn't be an issue depending on what the couple wants. Not to mention adoption should be a thing as well.

That said the idea of an interspecies relationship is one that I've always found intriguing, and would hope gets covered in some way in the show. I think the comics did once, but of course canon status is shaky. That said I like to play with interspecies couple with my characters a lot, so yeah. XD

Did anybody said interspecies (xenophiliac) shipping? 

This is my favorite kind of fiction genre to be true. 

Well, my favorite shipping involves human x pony  romance (I am a big fan of this kind of romance) but in canon I am a really big fan of Fluttercord. 

In a world with as many different fully intelligent species as MLP, interspecies relationships would be more than possible. We already have some canon evidence of them, like Spike, a dragon crushing on Rarity, a pony. Twi's short-lived crush on Flash when she's supposed to be a pony and he's human. I like to headcanon the Hippogriff's are the result of some Griffons and ponies getting together long ago, personally.

As others have pointed out, the biggest issue is procreation, as it's highly unlikely you could get children out of every single mix of species. But that's not really going to stop anyone, as in real life, there are couples who don't even want kids in the first place, couples who are completely fine with adoption or other means of having a child, etc. The ones who really want to be together but also want children will find some way, the ones who don't want kids...well, having a partner you can't get pregnant with at all is just a bonus then, isn't it?

Some people will bring up the "Moral issues" which I don't think actually exist. If both members of the relationship are capable of the same amount of intelligent thought and both considered adults, I don't see the problem. Discrimination against inter-species couple in a world like MLP, I think would be no different than discrimination against gay couples, or interracial couples in real life, and anyone who does discriminate would be considered a bigot.

So, yeah. I'm fine with interspecies couples, I wouldn't mind seeing them being explored a bit more or seen in the show. Not necessarily with the main characters, since I'd prefer the show to keep the Mane Six and other main cast out of Romance mostly, but with side characters it'd be cool.

I have a horrible headcanon that ponies DNA can combine with any spices in the universe. It's like the Xenomorph, but in a passive way.

Ponies are designed to sexually appeal to any creatures. (That's why so many humans are fixated to them.)

So, any other male creatures can mix with female ponies genes. By mating. (Of course ponies reproduce themselves also.)

There is also another headcanon where I saw somewhere else, using heart's desire can help make interspecial babies.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura

23 minutes ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

There is also another headcanon where I saw somewhere else using heart's desire can help make interspecial babies.

An interesting headcanon (no matter how strange that sounds). 

Open the spoiler at your own risk. (You've been warned)

Spoiler

I mean, I would love to go there and propose to Rainbow Dash (If you haven't yet noticed, there are high chances thst Rainbow is kind of xenophiliac (In my headcanon at least)) as soon as possible.

Edited by Totally An Admirer

I think that for some species, the main problem would be lifespan or size.

- Draconequus and Alicorns have a weird lifespan, Dragons apparently live thousands of years.

- Dragons (adults), Breezies and Sea Serpents would have size issues.

Interspecies shipping is not my cup of tea, but I don't have any problems with them as long as they make sense.

Everything is possible with magic. Discord can have kids with any species since he can turn into any creature. Similar spell can be casted on anyone else. I don't think that crosspecies are possible, though as we would see plenty of half pony or half gryphon breeds. But i think with tranformation spells anyone can be with anyone at least for the mating night.

On 9/19/2018 at 4:56 AM, Conred said:

Everything is possible with magic. Discord can have kids with any species since he can turn into any creature. Similar spell can be casted on anyone else. I don't think that crosspecies are possible, though as we would see plenty of half pony or half gryphon breeds. But i think with tranformation spells anyone can be with anyone at least for the mating night.

the magic and transformation spells is not equal to the birth of a species mating. The mating are from organisms of the opposite sex or hermaphrodites, usually for sexual reproduction purposes. 

All courtship and breeding behavior performed by two individuals of different sex to procreate, and culminating with copulation, as opposed to the possibility of generating offspring with only one (selfing of hermaphrodites, parthenogenesis).

In social animals it is extended to the breeding or care of common breeding; in some birds, for example, it would include the construction of the nest and the nourishment of the chicks.

A new living being emerges to earth. It comes out of the belly of its mother in the case of viviparous animals, or of the egg in the case of oviparous animals, either when a plant leaves the seed, or when a human neonate leaves the womb of its mother.

Edited by Van123