Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you eventually want to see happen to Chrysalis?

Toastypk

What should happen to Chrysalis?  

25 users have voted

1. 1. What should happen to Chrysalis?

• Reformed
    • Tartarus
    • Destroyed
    • On the run or unknown
    • Other

This is something I've wondered about.

During The Mean Six I was wondering what would happen to Chrysalis, but nothing ever did. But what do you think should happen to her?

Some people have said she should be reformed like the other changelings, but some others say that would ruin her appeal if she did that. The other options I can think of are being sent to Tartarus, or she somehow gets destroyed, almost like Sombra.

What do you say?

• Brohoof 3

I really really don't want to see Chrysalis get reformed.  We have already had a lot of reformed antagonists at this point, and at this point it is getting old.  I say either have her imprisoned in Tartarus or just kill her off.

• Brohoof 4

My head says Dead or alive...as prisoner of tartarus. But my heart says should be reform and join her colony as their queen. So I guess I won't be disappointed either way. 

She's had too much screen time to be destroyed  and I don't want her reformed but she's also hit such a low point that she's got to break sooner or later. Maybe house arrest within the changeling hive.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a sucker for happy endings so of course I'd like to see her reform :mlp_please: However, I do agree that there've been a ton of reformed peeps already, so if not reformation then I wouldn't mind her having a final takeover attempt and then getting offed.

Edited by Beached Whale
  • Brohoof 2

Most likely, I see her teaming with Tirek. Tirek double crosses her. Steals her power. Understands what it feels like to be oppressed by a monster. Turns good with power of love and gets re-accepted into the hive. And gets an awful redesign along the way.

What I want? Chrysalis is weak and powerless without her hive. She is found and captured but refuses friendship or surrender. So Starlight or someone makes an offer. Stay in Prison/ Tarturus/ arts and crafts hour or graduate Twi's friendship academy. She passes, she's exonerated. Fails, and it's back to hell for her. That way we see her interactions with the rest of the student six and gain insight into who and why she is. We'd even have Throax try to guide her but fail, realizing the ways that helped him won't help her. So with Starlight's help, Chryssi goes against the grain and in her own off kilter way, learns the magic of friendship, without changing who she is to do it. 

After all, a true friend accepts you for who you are. 

So part reformation, part compromise between her and her former enemies. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

Most likely, I see her teaming with Tirek. Tirek double crosses her. Steals her power. Understands what it feels like to be oppressed by a monster. Turns good with power of love and gets re-accepted into the hive. And gets an awful redesign along the way.

What I want? Chrysalis is weak and powerless without her hive. She is found and captured but refuses friendship or surrender. So Starlight or someone makes an offer. Stay in Prison/ Tarturus/ arts and crafts hour or graduate Twi's friendship academy. She passes, she's exonerated. Fails, and it's back to hell for her. That way we see her interactions with the rest of the student six and gain insight into who and why she is. We'd even have Throax try to guide her but fail, realizing the ways that helped him won't help her. So with Starlight's help, Chryssi goes against the grain and in her own off kilter way, learns the magic of friendship, without changing who she is to do it. 

After all, a true friend accepts you for who you are. 

If she were to be reformed, this sums up my thoughts. Good job. 

Oh I don't know... marrys king sombra, has an alicorn baby named Shadow Storm who has a special talent for evil magic, she becomes the princess of darkness (like ozzy Osborn but in a totally cool and not weird way) and as such can bring out the darkness in other ponies, after Luna reaches out to help the poor girl she becomes nightmare moon due to Shadow Storms influence, they along with stygien create an evel layer where you have to become your evil self to enter. So along come the alicorn team midnight sparkle (as a pony), daybreaker, dark cadance (I'll come up with a better name later) introducing fury heart (flurry hearts dark rendition) to challenge nightmare moon, the princess of darkness, and the pony of shadows. Only to find they themselves embracing the darkness. The remaining ponies search far and wide to find a way to save their friends from the darkness. The come up with a plan to bring the one pony who has confronted midnight sparkle and triumphed not once, but twice. They summon SUNSET shimmer to equestria and going full on daydream shimmer she enters the dark domain bringing light, hope, and friendship back to equestria. End season 9. 

Or something like that would be good for chrisylis. :umad:

If you think about it, we surprisingly know next to nothing about her. We only know a series of incidents happened to her, but there is very little to work with that character. (I don’t even want to know her past either) I was excited at The Mean Six, but I was disappointed at the same time because the show seemed like they don’t know what to do with the character. Villains of MLP aren’t meant to come back, yet she is the very few to to do so.

I would really like Chrysalis to be awesome and threatening, but in this situation, there is a big chance of making her look like a fool. If they drag her character by making her constantly try to harm the Mane 7 and make her the permanent villain like Skeletor, she would be a laughing stock.

Flufflepuff is a brilliant fan character because it seems like one of very few ways to reform Chrysalis while maintaining her character. It is rediculous but works perfectly. Way better than to see Chrysalis sneak into mane 6’s breakfest table and put a dynamite between their sandwitches like Tom and Jerry. (and fail)

So my suggestion is make a new character who works like Flufflepuff. She doesn’t have to be like her, she can talk, she isn’t that fluffy, just make her a nice normal pony who genuinely cares about Chrysalis. (but not bland. She could be a blind pony. Or someone already exists could work as well.) My story would go like this (for example)

1. Chrysalis disguises herself as a pony, sneaks into Ponyville to take revenge on the Mane 7.
  2. She is forced to act nice to other neighbor ponies not to blow her cover. While doing that, some pony (let’s say pony A) becomes friends with her. (Chrysalis still grunts quite openly. It’s more funny and natural that way. She is almost out of patience at this point.)
  3. Pony A does something nice and shows friendship, Chrysalis is touched. She never experienced true friendship before, but shakes it off. (It would be funny if Chrysalis sees Thorax drinking tea in the castle and tries to stay calm)
  4. She tries to assasinate Twilight, blows cover, but Pony A is in her way. Pony A tries to persuade Chrysalis and Twilight, none of them listens.
  5. Chrysalis cares about pony A. She can’t harm her. She runs away and fails to revenge.
  6. Chrysalis becomes a lone wanderer, hiding from the empire, out there somewhere. Still holds grudge against the Mane 7, sends letter to Pony A occasionally.
  7. Chrysalis never turns into a colorful changeling. It’s like Vegita in Dragonball Z. She stays edgy.
Edited by Sepul-Coloratura
  • Brohoof 1

Tartarus or death. I wouldn't cry if she were to be reformed, but we have enough reformed villains. Also, not only is the reformation storyline beginning to grow repetitive, but the Changeling hive has already had their reformation storyline without Chrysalis. She had her chance to change and she turned it down, something no other villain has done yet. This late in the story of current-gen, I don't see the purpose of Chrysalis turning over a new leaf.  

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Tartarus or death. I wouldn't cry if she were to be reformed, but we have enough reformed villains. Also, not only is the reformation storyline beginning to grow repetitive, but the Changeling hive has already had their reformation storyline without Chrysalis. She had her chance to change and she turned it down, something no other villain has done yet. This late in the story of current-gen, I don't see the purpose of Chrysalis turning over a new leaf.  

Don't you think portraying even a villain dying in the show would be a bit morbid?

• Brohoof 1

34 minutes ago, TwilySparky said:

Don't you think portraying even a villain dying in the show would be a bit morbid?

It wasn't the first two times, and with all Chrysalis has done it would be a sigh of relief.

• Brohoof 2

I mean, what I want is for her to just keep trying and failing to screw with the mane six and Starlight, like the pony equivalent of Wile E. Coyote, but maybe that’s too much to ask. 

I am constantly disappointed in Discord; I would have thought by now he would have made sure Chrysalis would turn white and run at the THOUGHT of how Discord would react to Fluttershy being endangered in any way, yet here we are, with Flutters brought to tears by the Mean 6 and no Discord in sight...

Here's how I want her arc to conclude (That I know will 100% never happen):

Have an episode where Chrysalis kidnaps Starlight Glimmer, leaving Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Cadence (and maybe Spike) to save her and defeat Chrysalis for good.

I specifically chose those characters because while I would want to see Chrysalis have a climactic battle with the others, I think having her square off against Twilight and her family would be much more interesting since they are the characters that have been the most personally affected by Chrysalis as a villain.