Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

On 3/14/2019 at 6:57 PM, DwhitetheGamer said:

He took off the cloak that he had on and took out his Sonic Pole, extending it a little and assumed a battle stance.  "I'm ready as well and have no problems fighting with obstacles." he said to Topaz.  There was no emotion in his words.  He was a mercenary, after all.

@DwhitetheGamer

"Alright, its the second round of the semi finals and Team Lotus is up by one. The next match will be Defiabt versus Copper!" Topaz announced. "Fighters, you may begin!"

4 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade looked around, seeing the treasure hunter had vanished and she was once again alone. She had barely broken a sweat. Were those apparitions weaker than the real thing? Or had she gotten stronger?

She took a deep breath, but kept her sword drawn as she looked around. She felt like whatever was going on wasn't finished yet.

The cave was empty aside from the flickering candlelight. The only direction to go was back the way she came in.

• Brohoof 1

Looking at Copper his eyes showed years of experience, placing his polearm on the back of his neck with his hooves drapped over it "Matters not, I am going to show why if you ever come to Crimos looking for a bounty..wh y you would fail. Prepare yourself." There was a strange stillness around him as his one wing began to flex out then back in, a feather fell to the ground below the moment it hit the ground Defiant was off "BEGIN." he pushed o ff the ground with his hind legs launching towards Copper

As he got closer to him he gripped his polearm and began to twist in the air like a drill trying to become a living blender, a suction of air could be felt tryin g to pull Copper in as Defiant was getting closer

• Brohoof 1

@Arid_Blitz

Copper's eyes showed years of experience as well, but in a different way.  He could tell this pony's movement was too linear, so he would be able to predict the action and prevent it.  How he got that?  From an older and far more experienced pony during his time as a mercenary.

Copper basically stood there, not affected by the suction coming from the polearm.  When Defiant got close enough, he swatted the pole arm away and attempted to punch his opponent's solar plexus with a surprising amount of un-hindered speed.  He remembered that speed generated power, and from what he remembered yesterday, he was going to need to put in a lot of speed in this fight.

• Brohoof 1

As he got his polearm pushed aside he let it go as it went and impaled itself near Topaz. Still twisting in the air he saw the punch coming. When he turned upside down he just narrowly missed the attempted hit "You are fast...B ut compared to me." he went to put one of his hooves down onto the now extended hoof. If he did he would bring his hind legs back down and aim to slam them d own upon Copper's head with his full weight behind it

• Brohoof 1

@Arid_Blitz

Maybe this pony's moves weren't as linear as he thought.  He was rather surprised by the coming attack, but barely managed to block it. "You underestimate how fast I really am," he replied, then attempted to grab the given hind leg, and if successful he would spin himself around with Defiant and toss the opponent back to where he started.

• Brohoof 1

"From what I have seen it has been slow." he said before allowing his leg to be grabbed, as they spun he just smirked after being released he flipped and landed on his hooves at his starting place. It was fast movements between the two but, Defiant was far from trying. "Well?" he s a id as if enticing Copper to com e for him this time "I'm waiting."

• Brohoof 1

57 minutes ago, Arid_Blitz said:

"From what I have seen it has been slow." he said before allowing his leg to be grabbed, as they spun he just smirked after being released he flipped and landed on his hooves at his starting place. It was fast movements between the two but, Defiant was far from trying. "Well?" he s a id as if enticing Copper to com e for him this time "I'm waiting."

"Things are moving quickly, but I'll do my best to keep you fans posted!" Topaz announced. "Things were looking evenly matched at first with a contest of speed, but now Defiant appears to be taunting Copper! Perhaps he was just the alternate for a reason."

1 hour ago, Arid_Blitz said:

Copper rolled his eyes at Defiant and resumed his battle stance.  This pony was really talking out of his flank, he thought.  It was too bad, however, that Copper was an Earth Pony who could use the entire arena to his favor.  He scraped a front hoof on the ground, looking like he was ready to charge.  But instead, a chunk of Earth would ricochet upwards from below Defiant's hooves and attempt to smack his jaw HARD.

@DwhitetheGamer

@Literally Snails

@Dynamo Pad

Watching th e other as he seemed to be reading a charge, he could feel the ground move as the piece shot up at his jaw. Moving back his head it flew past him upwards. As it came back down Defiant jumped up and kicked it right at Copper "Nice try, seeing what you magic you have you must think you have an advantage over me. A one wing pegasus who is unable to fly." He yawned some at Copper before rubbing the back of his head "If that is really all you can do...I'm afraid I dont see how you made it this far as a merc..let alone who taug ht you. You must be a disappointment to them."

He may of been drinking yeste rday but he could remember the conversations that Canteen, Melio, Copper, and Dynamo had. Knowin g this he could take a guess on what would make Cop per angry and actually try or make a few mistak es.

@Arid_Blitz @Literally Snails

The only reward that Defiant would get out of Copper was a raised eyebrow and a shrug, and he caught the chunk of earth with his hoof.  "Well, if you insist." he said simply and did the charge move again.  But this time it was deliberate, as Copper flung himself to Defiant at a speed that would take anyone, even Defiant, off guard.  And that was just his speed without any energy enhancements he could do.  He attempted to trip Defiant up and push him off the arena.

14 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

The cave was empty aside from the flickering candlelight. The only direction to go was back the way she came in.

Jade took a breath, decided it was safe to sheath her blade. The danger had passed, for the moment.

She walked back toward the cave entrance, in hopes of ending whatever was going on.

• Brohoof 1

On 3/14/2019 at 7:07 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

"I even promised Jade that we'd all go to the next round together. I feel like I let Jade down after what just happened."

"You shouldn't have made a promise like that. You're right that there was nothing you could do and there's no way you could have known either." Shining Armor said. His eyes were trained on the fight in the ring but his focus was on Dynamo. "Maybe this can help ease your mind. Part of leading this team meant that I had to research all of you as best I could. Ponies like Snow, they aren't like you and I. It doesn't matter to them when they die or what they leave behind. What's important to a pony like him is how it happens. The meaning behind it, the moment itself. Most ponies die when they have no other choice but Snow had a choice today. He could have survived but he chose to die. I think he saw this as an opportunity. One that he might not get again."

9 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade took a breath, decided it was safe to sheath her blade. The danger had passed, for the moment.

She walked back toward the cave entrance, in hopes of ending whatever was going on.

A yellow light flickered in the distance as she traveled through the cave. At first it looked like the light of day at the mouth of the cave, but it got bigger with each passing moment until it was close enough for her to make out details. It was Cumulus flying toward her, bathed in flames. His eyes solid blue lights.

• Brohoof 1

Seeing the increased speed the trip connected, sending him towards the outside he chuckled "Is this the speed you spoke of?" he sighed as he landed outside the ring. He got up jumped back into the ring next to Copper "I suppose I'll show you what Half of my speed is. Try to k eep up I dont want to be bored." he said as he seemed to disappear leaving behind a puff of dust. Not a sound could be heard from Defiant's movements before finally stopping halfway across the ring near his Polearm "I'll take this back Miss Topaz." before turning to look at Copper "I'll tell you now...I'm coming for you from the left. Only telling you to be nice...this once."

@Arid_Blitz

"Your arrogance will cost you," Copper simply said as he waited for Defiant.  Since he had harnessed his Earth Pony magic long ago, he learned the ability to detect movement on the ground the size of the entire arena.  He didn't need to be told, he would already sense it, and with his own speed, he could counter without a hitch.

Then he realized something.  This pony is relying heavily on his speed.  If he could make Defiant tire out, he should be able to capitalize.  But he didn't know how fast the one-winged Pegasus could go without panting, so he needed to wait it out.

4 minutes ago, Arid_Blitz said:

Not a sound could be heard from Defiant's movements before finally stopping halfway across the ring near his Polearm "I'll take this back Miss Topaz." before turning to look at Copper "I'll tell you now...I'm coming for you from the left. Only telling you to be nice...this once."

Topaz nearly jumped when defiant appeared next to her, taking the polearm from the ground beside her. "Um, o-kay..." she said, the hairs standing up on the back of her neck.

1 hour ago, Literally Snails said:

"You shouldn't have made a promise like that. You're right that there was nothing you could do and there's no way you could have known either." Shining Armor said. His eyes were trained on the fight in the ring but his focus was on Dynamo. "Maybe this can help ease your mind. Part of leading this team meant that I had to research all of you as best I could. Ponies like Snow, they aren't like you and I. It doesn't matter to them when they die or what they leave behind. What's important to a pony like him is how it happens. The meaning behind it, the moment itself. Most ponies die when they have no other choice but Snow had a choice today. He could have survived but he chose to die. I think he saw this as an opportunity. One that he might not get again."

Dynamo sighed as he had heard Shining Armor's remark. "I know, but...I just wanted to put Jade's mind at ease. She goes through a lot as captain. Even now, it seems like she and the Coach are busy training. Jade is my friend. I just wanted her to be assured that we'd be able to handle this." He says, watching as the fight was about to begin. "So, you researched us. I honestly wonder what you found out about me." He muttered, shaking his head as that wasn't important. He began to listen intently, thinking back about the first fight they just had in the round. To Dynamo, it felt like Snow could have avoided some attacks. Even with the loss of his magic, it still seemed like Snow knew what he was planning. "I guess it was his way of making sure we could still gain a victory. He must have had the same feeling as Arid had. Finding a worthy opponent that could be their final battle." He says, while starting to slightly understand how Snow had felt. "I may still never get why he did what he had to do. In the end, he was a true fighter in his profession." He turns to Shining Armor, before giving him a soft smile. "Thank you, sir. I'm still sad that he's gone and still bothered a bit, but what you said helped. I don't care what may happen next in these matches. I'm not going to lose anyone else on this team. Not when I know that there is something that I can do. I just hope Jade will understand when I tell her what happened here."

As the fight had begun, it seemed that both fighters were very proficient in being both fast and making decisive hits. Dynamo watched as Copper was mostly quiet throughout the fight. He had remembered they would talk from time to time, while sparring in the past. Seeing his old friend now, he concluded that this was when Copper turned into his serious mode. He was even surprised when Copper was able to use earth based magic. 'I can see how he can use the ring and sneak attacks to his advantage. Although, Defiant is still powerful with only one wing. Copper needs to figure out a way to turn this battle in his favor.'

15 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

A yellow light flickered in the distance as she traveled through the cave. At first it looked like the light of day at the mouth of the cave, but it got bigger with each passing moment until it was close enough for her to make out details. It was Cumulus flying toward her, bathed in flames. His eyes solid blue lights.

Jade was relieved to see what she thought was daylight at the mouth of the cave. Her smile wavered when she noticed something was... off about it.

Her eyes widened when the glow took shape in her vision. Her hind hoof took a step back in shock. She took a defensive stance, ready to block or dodge, dependant on what she was met with.

I thought he...?!

16 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

He turns to Shining Armor, before giving him a soft smile. "Thank you, sir. I'm still sad that he's gone and still bothered a bit, but what you said helped. I don't care what may happen next in these matches. I'm not going to lose anyone else on this team. Not when I know that there is something that I can do. I just hope Jade will understand when I tell her what happened here."

"It may have made sense to him, but that doesn't mean we're in a good situation without him. When we fight Rokata..." Shining Armor stopped and narrowed his eyes, "If we fight Rokata, we can never truly be ready. It may be necessary to-" Shining Armor stopped himself dead in his tracks and looked at Dynamo. "No, you're right. We'll win for sure now, thanks to him."

11 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade was relieved to see what she thought was daylight at the mouth of the cave. Her smile wavered when she noticed something was... off about it.

Her eyes widened when the glow took shape in her vision. Her hind hoof took a step back in shock. She took a defensive stance, ready to block or dodge, dependant on what she was met with.

I thought he...?!

When Jade took a step back, she felt a hard object collide with the back of her head, smacking her roughly onto the cave floor. She caught a glimpse of her second assailant when she hit the ground. It was Tatterhoof, wearing his red, penguin tailed, carnival ringleader uniform with his top hat and cane. His eyes also had the same blinding blue glow like all the others. But there was no way he could have possibly snuck up on her like that! He just appeared behind her.

"Heads up, darling. Show's on in five," He said, and moments after he spoke, Cumulus dove at her like a missile with his hooves stretched forward.

• Brohoof 1

Grinning so me at Topaz who was startled he turned back to Copper "Here I come." he began to take a step before he vanished without a sound again, if anyone was to keep up with his movements he rushed across the ring, stood on his hind legs and brought the polearm up to aim a stabbing attack at Copper's left side. "I'll slowly increase my speed till you arent even able to respond before I attack. TRY Not to die, I never get to have much chance to show off."

@Arid_Blitz

It didn't matter for now.  His words didn't amount to much at all.  Copper knew that he would be coming just from feeling it.  He used his Sonic Pole and aimed a stab of his own at Defiant's Solar plexus, effectively allowing the attack from the pegasus to hit as a result, making him grunt a bit.  "Ow," he said quietly.

The moment the sonic pole hit him he licked his lips "Oh you sa w?" he said as he went back from the force of it. However as he did he dragged his polearm with him seeing it already struck Copper. Hoping to drag it along his body to cause him more harm. Either way he landed a few feet away rubbing at the spot he was struck "Think you broke some thing. Well time to get faster I suppose...60."

• Brohoof 1

@Arid_Blitz @Literally Snails

"Hmph," Copper rolled his eyes and put away his Sonic Pole.  He then closed his eyes and enveloped himself in a yellow colored aura, but he didn't change his fur color.  After exactly two seconds he opened his eyes again, and then the aura faded.  He looked at his front hooves and nodded slowly.  "Okay... 35 percent sacrifice should do for now," he said to himself before looking at his opponent.  "Enough stalling, One Winged Angel.  I'm getting bored of how slow you're being."  He wasn't even trying to joke or taunt Defiant, though his voice might have said otherwise.

• Brohoof 1

Standing up on his hind legs he dragged his polearm along the tiles a Sccreee sound coming from it before he brought it up and drapped it over his shoulders "Well then.." he began to take a few steps before vanishing again. Instead of a straight line now he zig zagged his way across the arena before spinning like a tornado again. The Tornado went from left to right quickly getting closer and closer.

As it got right next to Copper he released the Polearm allowing it to continue spinning like a tornado as he Jumped up using the wind to send him skyward above the tornado. H e came down towards Copper like a missile, now th e other pone had two things to worry about

@Arid_Blitz 

Well this was unexpected, but then again, Defiant was a Pegasus after all.  He just stood there, his hooves planted on the ground, as if he was a literal magnet to the earth below him.  He kicked the polearm out of the arena, and then said to his opponent, "Just this once."

He enveloped himself around a dark red aura this time.  Now he was greatly increasing his speed and decreasing his defense.  One second he was there, and then the next, right when Defiant was close enough to where no reaction time was possible, he just disappeared, leaving no target for Defiant except for the ground.  He was now a couple feet away from the area he was in, switching back to his yellow aura.  He had a feeling this would piss off Defiant, so he upped the damage reduction to 60%.

Seeing his polearm fly off he chuckled "Fun." he watched the other move with incredible speed. Smashing into the tiles they began to move upwards as they cratered out. A tile flew in the air near Defiant as he looked to refind Copper the moment he did he twisted his body using his hind legs to kick big broken pieces of Tile at Cop per and into the air.

Twisting around still he landed on his hind legs finally "80." he took off from the ground jumping onto the tiles he kicked, bouncing from tile to tile he went high before diving down at Cop per, catching up to the tiles already flying at Copper. Getting closer he began to bounce from each tile before j ust disappearing. He was on the back side of a tile that already flew past copper, using his hind legs and s peed he kicked it sending it at Copper