Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

On 5/27/2019 at 5:34 PM, Illiad Easle said:

"Just as well, perhaps it'd be best if you just got some tools and materials instead of trying to fire the forge back up..."

Unsurprisingly, it seemed like the forge getting fired up were a sensitive topic to the griffon, who seemed to feel more at ease knowing that it wouldn't be worked on by another pair of hooves. Void could understand that. Poking at memories of a recently lost loved one were like dripping salt into an open wound. Null and her had been wrecks too whenever they started to talk about mom and dad for a long time. It had been years, but eventually they'd been able to get through to a point where they could reminisce and think of better times without bawling inconsistently, though it got harder and harder for Null to remember the good times, without them getting tainted by her anger and pain. It tended to be easier for her to not think of them at all. That weren't going to be an option anymore, thankfully.

Whilst sadly this griffon would be unlikely to have the same surprise waiting for her as they had, Void still hoped that she would get through, and one day be able to focus on the good times, rather than just live in the presence, where there were likely a crushing feeling around her heart whenever she thought of her sister, or got confronted by what she had done on a day to day basis.

Whilst she thought on this, the two of them had managed to get to the forge which like with the rest of the city, clearly had seen better days. With a key withdrawn, they'd soon be given entrance too, with Void going in second, followed slowly by Null.

The interior was a bit of a mess, tools and materials as well as half finished weapons lay strewn about the area, with only small paths to walk through. It seemed whatever they could want to find in a blacksmith shop, they could find here.

It were a mess for sure, but it were well equipped, there were no denying that. And with all these somewhat finished weapons too... *sigh* If only she had more time, perhaps she could make something of this. Sure she weren't a blacksmith, but Null and her had picked up a few tricks here and there on their travels, she were accustomed to stand at a scorching forge, and a good deal of the things were already past the worst part of their creation. A little trial and error and she were sure that she could have finished it.

Perhaps a skill to take to heart eventually, if things miraculously went well in the main city. Wouldn't hurt to learn more ways to use a forge in the long run, but that were somewhere in the distant, theoretical future. For now, she had some tools to pick up.

Looking around, she found the basic things she needed for her work. A sturdy pipe, a somewhat beaten up marver, a thin stick of metal and the tip of what she would guess had been part of a horned helmet or spiked shield that she could use to make a puffer, some thongs that would work well enough as a pair of jacks - once they got filed down - and a second pair to use as tweezers. It took a while to find a proper pontil pole, but one were hidden beneath a pair of safety goggles, which she also took with her, along with what she assumed were a leather apron. She'd have to fit it for a pony later on.

Sadly, she weren't able to find the last piece right now... Perhaps the griffon would see them, or know where to look?

"Go ahead and take what you need, she... she used to do some intricate and decorative work before all this, so she should have the tools you need somewhere, if not out here then maybe in the back."

She sat by the door, now holding the gauntlets close to her chest, "When you've got what you need, I'll take you to Carbon's for materials."

Oh, guess she had her answer there then... Poor thing looked all devastated, even from a distance. She'd go and try and hug it out, but honestly, she weren't sure if it'd help, and Void still weren't big on that sort of personal touch in all honesty.

"I c-can see there were a l-lot of skill and love in h-her work, even f-from what's strewn around. She m-must have been talented.

...S.Sorry, I didn't mean t-to poke at i-it. I uhm... I'll g-go look in the back. S-Still need a pair of s-shears."

Void wandered to the back, leaving Null to stand in a corner for the brief moment she were sure this would take. Turned out to be closer to a few minutes, in which time it would be possible to hear her rummaging around quite a lot, and after a time, returning with a big, surprised look in her eyes, and a pair of dusty, well worn, yet still perfectly functional diamond shears, next to an almost pristine looking pair of straight shears.

(Disregard what follows this in case something happened, and the room is empty when she returns)

"I-I... Usually I d-don't have diamond s-shears to work with. This w-will help out a l-lot actually, I t-think. And I uhm... I p-promise you that I will t-treat the tools with r-respect. They w-won't be wasted, or m-mistreated. HopefullyI can u-use them to m-make a lot of beings's l-lives better."

She wanted to assure the griffon that this weren't just something she'd use like garbage. Void would keep her word, and if possible, care for these tools, though some of the improvised things would have to be replaced in the long run. Even if it all did, she'd keep them around, out of respect for the griffon who once used them to make other beings's lives better as well. May she rest in peace, and not languish in Tartarus.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

The small griffon didn't outwardly react much to what Void was doing, other than fiddle with the gauntlets she had grabbed, until Void mentioned her sister. The griffon looked up at Void for a moment, then back down at the gauntlets, "She was, the best of our village, she came here to try and get our family a better life. I came to join her." she gave a weak chuckle, "I was terrible at it." She trailed off after that.

Once Void had collected what she wanted, the griffon nodded, "Mrs. Jerk seems to trust you, so I guess I can trust you too."

With that she got up to lead them out of the forge, looking back at it once more before closing and locking it. She led them down another road, the style of the buildings changed to be a bit more fancy, among those that remained standing, which were much fewer than in the previous area. She led them to a partially collapsed building that had a damaged jewler's logo in front. "Carbon kept most of his supplies in the basement, shouldn't be too hard to find..."

In fact the hatchway was fairly visible, only blocked by a few small pieces of rubble.

Opening the hatchway would reveal a small cellar area, there were a few damaged barrels that still had a bit of a gelatinous substance like what the chef had served the changelings, as well as a number of other jeweler's tools and materials, including a few bars of silver, gold in a few colors, small chests of jewels, and a few rods of glass.

@Illiad Easle

19 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

With that she got up to lead them out of the forge, looking back at it once more before closing and locking it. She led them down another road, the style of the buildings changed to be a bit more fancy, among those that remained standing, which were much fewer than in the previous area. She led them to a partially collapsed building that had a damaged jeweler's logo in front. "Carbon kept most of his supplies in the basement, shouldn't be too hard to find..."

Yet another ruin. What town had laid here before it got used as a base for these refugees must have been either abandoned or hit pretty hard. From what her feathery companion said though, as little as it were, Void got the feeling that this had been a place that hadn't been left without bloodshed. Perhaps not at all, for the unfortunate souls who had lived here to begin with.

How had it come to the point where Discord had caused all of this? He had seemed like such a jolly prankster, and yet somehow, in just three years, he had caused the world to become a shell of its former self... There were some story to this, she were certain of it, but whatever or not it put him in a better light than what were told, the results were still the same. A world of death and scattered survivors, not to speak of what must have happened in the other countries who had other demigods, or even actual gods. How had they fared? had some joined him? Had he resulted in some of them manifesting? If so, what then had they done? They hadn't... No, surely even Discord couldn't kill gods, right?

Then again, if all the followers went, and the deity had no worship to empower it... It were a scary thought, but hopefully nothing that would be their issue anymore. Void had already dealt with enough believers, demigods, and the tinge of the power of actual gods for several lifetimes.

20 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Opening the hatchway would reveal a small cellar area, there were a few damaged barrels that still had a bit of a gelatinous substance like what the chef had served the changelings, as well as a number of other jeweler's tools and materials, including a few bars of silver, gold in a few colors, small chests of jewels, and a few rods of glass.

Void went in in silence, not wanting to poke more at the griffon's sad memories of her departed sister, and got the few things she needed. Mainly the glass rods, a few small chests of jewels, and what gold and silver she could see. She hadn't much use of that metal herself, but even if the currency wasn't made by this anymore, gold at least had a usage for wires and stuff. Silver had once been adorned with pride on gear too, so perhaps it could come to use for someone else too? She didn't know, and frankly wasn't sure what to think. She just gathered it up, set it there, and then hopefully someone would pick it up and make use of it if they needed it. Though she did keep a bar of each metal she could see. Something told her that perhaps there were some use of this, as were her reasoning for keeping a few jewelers tools she found in the mix. You never knew what might come in handy here.

With everything gathered up though, she had to find a way to move some things around, as she didn't have her saddlebags anymore.

"Do y-you know if there's a-any saddlebags not in u-use around here r-right now? Or a r-rope? I could t-tie things up with t-that."

Saddlebags were easy. Stack it right, get on with it. Making some herself were trickier, but the leather apron on her back, jewel chests as the base on each side, tied together over her back, and then some proper stacking and tying up of the rest of things on each side. Done right, they should be fine to lay down too, in case she had to save some space.

A good deal of stuff she had with her now, and with some weight to it, but it would help her to get something done for others when she got the time. Long time planning might actually be something she had to consider now.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

The griffon looked momentarily stirred from her gazing into the gauntlets, "Bags?" she looked around then shrugged, "I suppose you could find them in just about any of the buildings around here, not many got to pack much before they left. Rope just the same, but we could just as easily get rope at the tents. I could help carry your stuff there."

If they were to look around, it wouldn't take long to find a decent set of saddle bags half buried in one of the adjacent buildings.

Once they had the bags or had passed items off onto the griffon, she would lead them back to the main area. Which was now a bit busier as the medics were moving the injured out onto the road and organizing them into groups for the transport. Those that could stand were, and the others were carried on whatever straight things could be found.

The griffon simply waved goodbye to them, returning the items if she had been given them, before heading back to the entrance to the underground area.

They could see their father walking about the wounded, checking on them and the medics in turn. He would wave to them with a smile if they caught his attention, but would quickly go back to organizing the injured.

If they waited long enough an earth pony, wrapped in a Trojan robe and a medic sash, would approach them. "You two are with the doctor yes? His daughters?", he'd look at his notes, "He's arranged for you two to go on the same transport as him and the other medical personel."

@Illiad Easle

22 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

If they were to look around, it wouldn't take long to find a decent set of saddle bags half buried in one of the adjacent buildings.

Void had decided to go look for some saddlebags, rather than burden the griffon with physical baggage on top of the emotional ones she were carrying around, and thankfully, she hadn't needed to search for long. A few times rummaging through what had likely once been some pretty houses, and she found some that were in pretty good condition that she could fill up with the essentials they had scavenged. Honestly weren't that heavy all things considered, even with the bar of gold, silver, etc. Guess after running a few miles with that goats head on an over-sized bust, one could get used to a lot of things. Hopefully that one hadn't been left unattended and just been allowed to spread. Sure they got some far worse things, but that one had been part of an altar that Null and her had stolen from a crazed lunatic making sacrifices to it. Whatever it were connected to, were best left without the ability to reach out to others, as they had seen it do when the lunatic had proven to be incapable of dealing with the two of them. It had been... Graphic.

But that were the past, and this were the present, where their time were steadily running out now, after all they had gotten hold of. Some productive time spent though, no doubt about that. Hopefully within a few days, if everything went right, Void should be able to have something set up, and ready for whoever needed her to make them blend in better with the regular society, but not having to use eye patches or heavens forbid, wooden false eyes. She had tried that one, and it not just looked bad, it felt very wrong.

The griffon simply waved goodbye to them, returning the items if she had been given them, before heading back to the entrance to the underground area.

They could see their father walking about the wounded, checking on them and the medics in turn. He would wave to them with a smile if they caught his attention, but would quickly go back to organizing the injured.

They had gotten to the pick up area pretty quickly after that, and the griffon had left without a sound. just a wave which Void responded to in kind, with a wave of her own, and then she were gone. Returned to the basement that the chef were in by the looks of things. Hopefully the chef would be able to cheer the poor thing up a little bit.

Void would see her father in the crowd once the hoof went down, clearly busy dealing with the injured and sick that needed to go on the transport, though he took a few seconds to acknowledge her presence. A sweet gesture, though hopefully they'd be able to have a long chat with him soon, and hear how it went when he talked about this whole ordeal with their mother. Void were frankly feeling quite anxious as she were thinking on that now, which were roughly the time that she were approached by someone.

If they waited long enough an earth pony, wrapped in a Trojan robe and a medic sash, would approach them. "You two are with the doctor yes? His daughters?", he'd look at his notes, "He's arranged for you two to go on the same transport as him and the other medical personel."

"Y-Yes, we're C-Calligraphy's daughters. It's uhm... G-Good to meet you? And g-great that he could g-get us with h-him. My s-sister isn't... N-Not so well. Is there... Is t-there anything I c-can do to h-help you, before the t-transport leaves? Just uhm... N-No magical things, p-please. We're, n-nulled."

It seemed their father had gone around and told at least a few of his daughters. Wouldn't be too long then until the word spread, and there might come questions in regards to them saying they were from Harrowmark. A potentially awkward situation that they could hopefully deal with another time, though for now, there weren't long until they could leave, and go to an actual city, rather than this survivor camp. Exciting, yet nerve-wracking at the same time.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

At the offer to help the unicorn simply sighed with a slight smile, "Believe me, you'd be helping us quite a bit by just staying in your area. We've got too many wandering about and disorganizing themselves as it is."

With that he went to flag down a stubborn earth pony in a cast who insisted he was fine and could make the journey on hoof. 

They wouldn't be waiting long before a rumbling could be heard from outside the walls, like dozens of giant propellers. As the sound grew louder the wind from the entrance picked up. 

Then the noise and wind gradually cut off, faster than they had grown, and the more official looking creatures of the group went out. 

Apparently the transports had arrived. 

It was only a few more moments before the same official looking creatures returned, accompanied by a pair of familiar creatures: two of the guards that had come for them in the lab.

Specifically, it was the griffon who had been carrying the large cannon, who wore a red scarf and sunglasses despite the low light of the lab, and now the moonlit road of former Deltrot. Next to her was the changeling, teal eyes and wings, a medic band on it's foreleg, and a set of medic armor. The griffon was talking with Delicate, and the changeling with their father. 

If they did nothing the griffon would turn to address the group of injured creatures they were a part of, "Alright, we've not much time, stay in groups, and we all get to Troy safely."

The groups would then begin to leave the walls for the transports outside, Void and Null's group last. 

Outside the walls were the transports, arranged in a semi circle with guards without to fend off anything trying to attack the wounded that were being loaded on. 

The transports themselves were huge machines, each shaped somewhat like a pegasus with its wings extended, only with large propellers in the middle of each wing, the creatures were being guided in to the center area of these machines, and carefully strapped to their seats. 

The first transport filled as they exited the city, its doors closed and the propellers spun up, carrying the machine out of the circle and into the sky, off to the east.

@Illiad Easle

On 5/31/2019 at 5:01 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"Believe me, you'd be helping us quite a bit by just staying in your area. We've got too many wandering about and disorganizing themselves as it is."

"Oh... I-I understand."

Void watched him as he left to deal with another pony who apparently didn't know the limitations of his current situation all too well, or were too stubborn to admit it.

It honestly made sense that Void would do best to not interfere in the work of professionals, but she just didn't like feeling helpless in situations like this. Even after all Null and her had gone through, she still had a want to help others if she saw they needed it, and being inactive like this felt wrong to her.

*sigh* Guess it were out of her hooves though... So best if she just led Null along towards the noise that seemed to draw the attention of most others who seemed to be getting ready to leave. Safe bet that they had to go there, though she weren't sure what to expect. It didn't sound like any sort of caravan that she knew o-

On 5/31/2019 at 5:01 AM, Illiad Easle said:

It was only a few more moments before the same official looking creatures returned, accompanied by a pair of familiar creatures: two of the guards that had come for them in the lab.

Specifically, it was the griffon who had been carrying the large cannon, who wore a red scarf and sunglasses despite the low light of the lab, and now the moonlit road of former Deltrot. Next to her was the changeling, teal eyes and wings, a medic band on it's foreleg, and a set of medic armor. The griffon was talking with Delicate, and the changeling with their father.

O-Oh dear Celestia, They were part of the transport? This weren't good. Nonono, not at all.

They had been part of the team that the consul had apparently sent to get them out, which meant that soon as the two of them would see Null and her, they could just grab them and drag them right back to wherever that alicorn were. Perhaps... perhaps that were why they were leading this caravan? Did he wait on the other end to apprehend the two of them? Sure, Void knew that it were inevitable that they'd run into him sooner or later, but they had just barely met their parents, and Null were in shambles. They weren't in any condition to properly meet the consul, and after the way the two sister had reacted to the team and their boss before, they had no reason to be lenient. Frankly it were more likely they'd be more harsh, considering how it had gone.

What were she going to do? Raise a hoof and wave at them? Go over and say *Hi, remember us? My sister called your boss a monster and the two of you freaks? Wanna be friends?*. Try to hide in the crowd, where they'd stand out as a sore thumb considering their coats were as dark as ink, which didn't blend in anywhere?

And there was their father, chatting with the changeling. Did he know her somehow? Were this some sort of tr- Wait, where were Null?

Void felt like her heart were in her chest as she suddenly realized that as she had focused on the lot of them, she had lost track of Null, who had for some reason wandered off to Celestia knew where.

Void were feeling panic settling in as she turned around, trying desperately to find her sister. Unbeknownst to her however, Null had gone to the last place she thought she had to look: Straight to the griffon from before. When she finally realized, Null already stood in front of the griffon that she had wandered slowly towards, and just looked up at her weapon. Her muzzle opened and closed, looking like she tried to say something, but no words came out, and her eyes didn't seem to signal much going on behind them. A massive change from the last time to pair had seen her, where she had more or less been frothing at them, to now when she were just hollow, with a glassy look in her depressed gaze.

Void would make her way towards them straight as she saw them, but it took time, as she were loaded up with things and there were a good chunk who were trying to get past and towards the transport. Still, Void reached a head above most ponies here. If they looked for her, they'd find her without much of an issue.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(Interesting)

The griffon nearly ran into Null before she stopped along with Delicate.

Delicate looked confused at Null's antics, while the griffon's eyes were hidden by her glasses. After looking Null over she turned to Delicate, gesturing towards Null, "Is she going on the transports too? Is her sister here?"

She then turned to face Null as Delicate responded, "I believe so, to both of your questions, will that be a problem?"

The griffon shook her head, "Not at all, it actually helps quite a bit." She spoke softly into the box on her shoulder, and a few moments later the changeling and their father came trotting up, the changeling spoke first, "Ah, good job Boss, I thought they'd end up around here. "

Their father looked confused, "My daughters? You know them?"

The griffon looked over at their father, "Your daughters? He'll want to speak with you too then."

"Who?"

"The Consul of course, maybe the leader at Troy as well."

The boss looked out at the crowd that was still being moved to the transports, "Find the other one,"

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

They wouldn't have to look long, though how they hadn't already seen Void were a miracle by itself, considering how she weren't crouching down or in the darkness. She were pretty much up tall and moving towards them as fast as she could, with a terrified look in her eyes. Something which had not lessened once she saw their father had joined up over there, which likely meant that he had unknowingly made their family relation known to the last beings who should be told. Sure her and Null would have eventually been tracked down, and she got that, but their dad shouldn't be dragged into this. They already lost him once because of the higher ups in Troy. She couldn't bear losing him again because of just another variety of the same polluted cesspool they had left all those years ago.

"W-Wait! Leave h-him alone! He have n-nothing to do with t-this."

Her voice was panicked as she got there, mostly-full saddlebags dangling down her side and weapons on her back. Null turned to look at her as she slowed up, but had until that point not changed what she were doing up there with the griffon to begin with. Sadly, it so far seemed like the griffon wouldn't draw her weapon, and whatever plans she instead had, didn't reach Null in whatever deep, dark pit she were situated right now.

"W-We'll go, okay? Just d-don't hurt him. Things d-didn't go too good, I k-know, but there's no r-reason to pull him i-into whatever t-thing the alicorn want to u-use us for."

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

The griffon looked surprised and confused at Void's interjections, so too did the changeling and their father.

The changeling spoke first, "Hurt him? Why would we ever want to hurt him?" he looked over at their father, "And if he is your father, as you claim, then he could be of equal importance."

"What's this about being a father now?"

Those gathered, with the possible exception of Null and Void, turned to face the newcomer, a visibly pregnant mare who the sisters might otherwise recognize as their mother, who was eyeing their father with a skeptical look, "'Cause I'm pretty sure you aren't due to be a father for another month or two yet."

The griffon sighed, "Look, can this be sorted out on the transports? We're running late as it is, and we need to be in the air before sun-up or we'll be covered." She turned to their father and mother, "Are your patients secured?"

Their father turned to their mother, who nodded, "Most of them at least, the last group should be boarding shortly if they aren't already."

The changeling nodded in response, "Then it's our turn to go, and I know Left already has half a mind to leave us behind after the..." he looked over at Null and Void, "Incident at the lab."

The griffon rubbed her beak before turning towards the sisters, gesturing towards the exit to the transports, "If you would be so kind?"

@Illiad Easle

18 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

The changeling spoke first, "Hurt him? Why would we ever want to hurt him?" he looked over at their father, "And if he is your father, as you claim, then he could be of equal importance."

"What's this about being a father now?"

Void had been in the beginning stages of trying to desperately think of a nice way to say that they thought these two would hurt their parents because they worked for Troy, when her thoughts were interrupted by a familiar voice, saying something which stung a little, as that yet again spoke of both their parents having lost the memories of Null and her. She had hoped that he had spoken to Septicity about it prior to them meeting, but sadly, it seemed she hadn't.

Still, regardless of that, she longed to see her mother ever since their father had shown himself to still be alive, and had told his daughters that she were also in this town, and she wasn't the only one who reacted this time. Null too started to turn and gaze towards the familiar form of their mother as the voice had broken, and honestly? Their mother had aged even better than their father had. Hard to even see a wrinkle, and her colors were as lustrous and vibrant as ever. She did seem to have gotten quite the... Uhm... W-What?

Those gathered, with the possible exception of Null and Void, turned to face the newcomer, a visibly pregnant mare who the sisters might otherwise recognize as their mother, who was eyeing their father with a skeptical look, "'Cause I'm pretty sure you aren't due to be a father for another month or two yet."

Void felt her jaw slacking and her eyes nearly bulge out of her head in sheer surprise. Their mother was pregnant?! Sure, she had been a young mother when her and Null had come to the world, but this were still about the last thing that Void had expected when meeting up with a mare whom they had thought were dead for nearly a quarter of a century.

Null would slowly walk closer instead and switch between looking up at the mare, and more straight forward to her swollen belly. She were getting a reaction to this presence certainly, yet it still didn't seem to draw her out from her shell. If it had, she might well have some choice words here, which would probably be the only thing said to her between Void and herself, as her younger sister were gawking like a deer caught in a headlight.

The changeling nodded in response, "Then it's our turn to go, and I know Left already has half a mind to leave us behind after the..." he looked over at Null and Void, "Incident at the lab."

The griffon rubbed her beak before turning towards the sisters, gesturing towards the exit to the transports, "If you would be so kind?"

"It... But y- I... Wha?"

Void felt like she were drowning in a sea of emotions and questions at this reveal of both a sorely welcome face, and a future relative. She didn't even bite notice in the comment from the changeling, nor cared how close said creature were. There were just this, and the more and more terrifying prospect that started to prod at her, in regards to what it would mean that their parents had another foal.

Not something with age or anything. Their mother were a smart biologist. She would surely know everything there were to make sure everything went well somehow. But... What of the aura? Null and her had both been born with this, and a two for two did not bode well for the little one. And what if this one became a unicorn, like their father? A unicorn who could not cast a spell, but simply absorb it, would end feeling as miserable as Null did. An instinct that were denied him or her. The two of them could try and help the little one cope, but what if their mother didn't believe them? Or what even if she did, and then somehow some skeletons from their past would pop up that would cast them in a horrible light, so they wouldn't get near the little one. Not to speak of the entire awkward family nightmare it were going to be to cross everything together.

The thoughts kept swirling around Void's head, blocking much else going on for her right now. Everything were just roaring forth, stealing her attention and stirring in the grand emotional pot that had started to fill up ever since they had entered Troy. Void didn't even realize that she had taken Null and followed the changeling to board the transport. The entire walk, potential disarmament, and why she now sat/stood where she were, were little more than a fuzzy blur, and all the way she had tried to start a sentence of some kind, and failed miserably at it.

Wherever they were situated now, Null would ideally be slung over her back, above the saddlebags, and they wouldn't be chained up in some sort of box. Though honestly, in her current condition, Void wouldn't really notice before the chains were grasping her legs and it would be too late to do anything. If this were not the case, she might need some help snapping out from this. A small slap, vigorous shake, or some other kind of physical interaction that were impossible to ignore, would likely do the trick. Hay, even throwing water or something might work, but it all depended on how much the guards or their father/mother wanted to speak with them. They might just enjoy some peace and quiet.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(The description for the transports themselves is the same as before, just with fewer crafts there.)

(To fill in the blur)

They were guided out of the city by the changeling, followed by their parents, then the griffon, they were joined by the rest of the medical staff, or at least those not on board the other transports, their parents were talking about something as they followed the two onto the transport that looked a bit different from the others, this one had the propellers facing upward, rather than forward.

The changeling and griffon helped them carefully into their seats on the transport, as well as fastened the safety restraints across their withers and barrels, with Void's bag and items stored below her seat. Null was sat next to Void, and their parents across the compartment from them. there were about a dozen creatures in the transport with them, including the griffon and the changeling, as well as a pair of Earth ponies that were strapped into some sort of peddled contraption, the sisters might recognize them as the guard mare they had first encountered in the lab, the one with the hammer, and the other who had accompanied them in the elevator out of the lab.

(Now for action)

A vigorous shake was exactly what they got as the pair of earth ponies started whatever contraption they were strapped to, the whole compartment shaking, or rather vibrating, as they did so, they soon had the sensation of being lifted, or rather that their seats were being pushed into them, before the force went a bit more sideways, towards the back of the transport, then the feeling went away, the vibrating didn't, and the sound of air moving could be heard.

Across the transport their mother was holding the amulet ad looking between the two sisters and the image it contained, she looked confused, worried, and a bit relieved, as well as a fair bit of concern. She started talking to their father, though they spoke too quietly for them to hear what was being said.

(Feel free to add their reactions to the transport, they'll be here for about an hour unless things go wrong.)

@Illiad Easle

On 6/5/2019 at 3:29 AM, Illiad Easle said:

A vigorous shake was exactly what they got as the pair of earth ponies started whatever contraption they were strapped to, the whole compartment shaking, or rather vibrating, as they did so, they soon had the sensation of being lifted, or rather that their seats were being pushed into them, before the force went a bit more sideways, towards the back of the transport, then the feeling went away, the vibrating didn't, and the sound of air moving could be heard.

Across the transport their mother was holding the amulet ad looking between the two sisters and the image it contained, she looked confused, worried, and a bit relieved, as well as a fair bit of concern. She started talking to their father, though they spoke too quietly for them to hear what was being said.

Void felt as if her heart were trying to escape through her throat as whatever contraption they were in started to shake around violently. It reminded her of some of the earthquakes that Null and her had experienced in their times, or perhaps a large stampede? Depending on the area and creatures living in it, it had sometimes been hard to tell.

However, as the direction got changed and she desperately clung to whatever contraption she had been placed in - first time in a long while that she were happy about being somewhat restrained - the familiarity went away from earthquakes and stampede, and more towards being stuffed in a sack, and thrown down a hill. A kinder approach than being thrown into a river, but still a harrowing, terrifying roll with bumps and unseen hazards lining the ground. Somewhat like this, where she had no idea what were going on, and couldn't figure out why it were shaking like this, or why everyone else were able to stay calm.

Her eyes darting around, she'd see Null, strapped in and not trying to work against the shakes and bumps, with her eyes fixated on their parents further away. By how things looked right now, Calligraphy were telling Septicity that they already had foals from times long pass that had been cleaned from their memories, and there were some conflicting emotions going over their mothers face. Void could imagine that a lot of that had to do with the information of the aura that plagued the two of them, and the understandable worry that their little one were going to suffer under this as well. Hopefully that would not come to pass though. There didn't need to be a third in their family that had to suffer from this.

Seeing as they seemed in full swing talking, Void just gulped and nervously looked around some more, to see who else were here.

Some she didn't know, but a couple beyond the two that had found them before did ring a bell, and completed the group of beings who had extracted them from the lab, whom Null had vigorously insulted before they ran away from the lot of them. Likely for the best that Null were broken right now and couldn't talk honestly. Who knows what sort of things would happen if she started to go at them again? Things already didn't seem like they would end well for them, so there were nothing good to come from poking the beehive.

And yet...

"So u-uhm... What d-does the c-consul want with u-us?"

She'd ask the one of the changeling and griffon who were the closest. The two others seemed to be busy with some sort of biking contraption, so they likely had a focus elsewhere, whereas these two might have some tangible information to a question that should probably have been asked a fair bit of time ago. Of course, not asking it then allowed them to find the parents they once thought dead, but that were besides the point. This had to be brought up sooner or later, and what had she to do right now? The transport thingie they were in didn't have an obvious way of telling how long it would take, their parents were talking among one another, and Null were unreachable. She had basically nothing else to do but to try and clear up some things.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

The griffon looked over at her from across the transport, but didn't say anything.

The changeling was near enough to her that he could respond, and turned to face her as well, "We... don't exactly know why, it's not our duty to ask, but he mentioned that it was critical you two be safely retrieved from the lab we found you in." The changeling fell silent, then continued, "He was... oddly happy when he told us where to look, happiest I've seen him since..." he shook his head, "He wasn't upset when you two escaped, said you'd turn up again, and you did."

The others in the transport seemed quite interested in their conversation, as all the other chatting had quieted,

Then a voice came from the forward wall, from a small speaker, "Attention, We'll be landing shortly, Brace yourselves, This thing doesn't do soft landings,"

While the voice was the same, it paused like it was two creatures speaking.

The rumbling of the cabin increased as they had a slight feeling of weightlessness, or rather that their seat wasn't pushing against them as much, then a loud thud which jolted all those in the transport as the rumbling finally subsided.

The griffon and the changeling set to work unbelting those in the transport, including Null and Void, as the door to the transport opened, then they helped the earth ponies out of their contraptions. The forward wall opened to reveal a pair of pegasi in a similarly complex contraption of straps, the pair were each working to undo the other's restraints, past them was a large window to the outside. Through which was an expanse of pocked sand and the sun rising.

Through the open door of the transport they could see more sand, as well as smooth sandstone paths that extended in a few different directions, small buildings and covered areas where transports similar to the ones they had just seen were stored, or they were the same ones, as many injured creatures were being unloaded and moving with the help of a number of guards in the mixed Equestrian/Trojan armor away from the building collection.

Further out from the compound they were in was the city, massive walls that had clearly sustained heavy damage nonetheless stood strong, light within showed that the city itself was still alive, and the injured creatures that could, were being taken there, while the others were taken to closer buildings to be treated immediately.

The griffon and the changeling, now accompanied by the two earth ponies and the two pegasi from the front compartment, all wearing red scarves over their distinctive armor, motioned for the sisters and their parents to follow them, as they too made their way towards the city.

The changeling spoke to them again, "It looks like you two at least will soon know exactly what the consul wants with you."

@Illiad Easle

The changeling was near enough to her that he could respond, and turned to face her as well, "We... don't exactly know why, it's not our duty to ask, but he mentioned that it was critical you two be safely retrieved from the lab we found you in." The changeling fell silent, then continued, "He was... oddly happy when he told us where to look, happiest I've seen him since..." he shook his head, "He wasn't upset when you two escaped, said you'd turn up again, and you did."

This were a very uhm... Neutral response in Void's mind.

It sorta depended on the point of view here, as on one hoof, if you wanted to look at the bright side of things, it certainly sounded like the consul wanted for them to be safely out, and wished for their presence to ask them something important. However, if you wanted to take a bleak look on it, it fitted just as well with him being a maniacal dictator that wanted his weapons extracted, and were thrilled to see that they made it out alive so that it did not go against his plans. Even that last comment seemed bad under that sort of thinking, as it would speak of an arrogance that the two of them had seen in other leaders too over the years.

Hopefully it would turn out to be the former, and not the later, but Void couldn't trust it. Not when it came to Troy.

"Attention, We'll be landing shortly, Brace yourselves, This thing doesn't do soft landings,"

A voice came out of a strange box, and soon after, the pressure from the restraints seemed to be lessened. Had they already arrived then? Seemed awfully fast. Then again, she had seemingly been out of it for a bit, so perhaps that jolt that yanked her out of it had occurred later on during said trip? Wasn't all that important, so she preferred to focus on how they got unbuckled and prepped to be left off whatever contraption they were in instead. Seemed fairly easy, and they weren't in chains, so there were that point towards a kinder outcome than they had first expected, yet they were still being escorted by guards, and something told Void that they couldn't get away as easy this time if they tried. Doubly so since their parents were trapped with them, and they likely all knew that the sisters wouldn't try anything that might end up backfiring on them. Especially their mother, considering her state.

Void weren't aiming to escape now though. She couldn't just run away from her parents and leave them in this situation, whatever it might be, and Null needed help that she couldn't provide. The only option right now were to face whatever happened, and then react from there. *sigh* Guess she might as well braze herself for it, as the transport were about to open up, and revealing wherever they had gotten to.

Through the open door of the transport they could see more sand, as well as smooth sandstone paths that extended in a few different directions, small buildings and covered areas where transports similar to the ones they had just seen were stored, or they were the same ones, as many injured creatures were being unloaded and moving with the help of a number of guards in the mixed Equestrian/Trojan armor away from the building collection.

Further out from the compound they were in was the city, massive walls that had clearly sustained heavy damage nonetheless stood strong, light within showed that the city itself was still alive, and the injured creatures that could, were being taken there, while the others were taken to closer buildings to be treated immediately.

So these were the sort of things they had been transported in? Likely they couldn't run on magic with folks being nullified, so... Machinery of some kind? It seemed ludicrous, but then again, they had met a stallion with metal wings and a mechnical spider he claimed were something called an AI in Ponyville. Clearly technology had exploded ahead here and there, though really, flying cargo holds like this just seemed too futuristic to be true.

The same could not be said of the town they were about to wander towards. The word to describe it best in here mind were *Fortress* from the looks of things. Damaged, yet sturdy exterior with lights to show that there were seemingly actual life behind the walls. Perhaps this were the capitol in Troy here in the new world? Void didn't know, nor had any idea what they might be facing if it were. The two of them had never been in other towns than the one they had grown up in within the borders of Troy, and hadn't the faintest idea what the old capitol even looked like, so she didn't know what to expect. Guess they'd find out soon.

The changeling spoke to them again, "It looks like you two at least will soon know exactly what the consul wants with you."

"I j-just hope it won't h-hurt dad and m-mom..."

Void sent a nervous glance towards her parents, and swallowed what felt like a golf ball lined with spikes as she followed the half dozen guards keeping track of them. This were going to be a testing experience to say the least.

Null were sitting on her back, on top of the strap that connected the saddlebags, and still kept her dull gaze on their mother at all times when she weren't blinking. What else went on didn't seem to matter to her, and because of her small amount of weight and Void's strength, the youngest of the two barely felt that there were any burden on her back. Only perk with your sister being this small were that it were easy to carry them around, and that were quite a silver lining to want to drag out of this, as Void would have rather had that they had evened out, rather than look like Void somehow stole Null's mass to add it to her own.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

The special guards they had around them looked amongst themselves with confused expressions at Void's comment, but didn't respond to it, other than the earth pony mare who had previously wielded a large hammer in the lab, who took up position to the side of their mother to talk with her directly. While their mother was initially a bit cold in her responses, she quickly warmed up to the guard mare. Most of the conversation was to assure her that they weren't in any danger.

"I'm just a bit worried about meeting with the Consul directly, He's seemed... different, and not just in the obvious way." Their mother continued, "I can see why others don't trust him quite as much as they did."

The guard mare nodded, "We were all changed by it, and the leader at Troy has been working hard to get the public opinion back in the Consul's favor, I know it's hard for Troy to accept an alicorn"

Their mother shuddered at the term,

"But he and Consul Hooves before him did great things for this nation, I'm confident he's still as capable as before."

Their mother sighed, and the guard chuckled, "I guess it doesn't mean much from someone on his payroll."

As they were walking, they passed what appeared to be a sort of jail area: a line of cells that had a few different creatures inside, most of them were docile. Right at the end of the cells there was a bit of a commotion as a medic was leaving the cell, "You can't leave her like this, she'll die!"

The voice was Pen's.

In the cell with the filly sized empty suit creature was the half mechanical doe that had once been Codex, who lay presumably unconscious on the cell bench, both of her mechanical legs looked damaged, and she had sustained quite the injury to the face.

The medic sighed, "There's nothing I can do, I have no idea how she even got in this state, let alone how to help, and assaulting the guards doesn't exactly put her high on the priority list."

The medic left despite Pen's pleading that it had been an accident.

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

21 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

"But he and Consul Hooves before him did great things for this nation, I'm confident he's still as capable as before."

Their mother sighed, and the guard chuckled, "I guess it doesn't mean much from someone on his payroll."

"I-If it means anything c-coming from me, I guess t-that... I-I mean, we've s-seen worse. Some a-alicorns go insane b-by the process. We've uhm... H-Had to deal with s-some like that. M-Most of them male a-alicorns. Whoever that c-consul is, he didn't s-seem like his mind w-were gone. I'll uhm... S-Suppose I'll have t-to give him t-that."

Void's stutter wouldn't be as strong as it were right now around her parents, if the guards, the town and the coming meeting with the consul of Troy weren't this close to heart. It couldn't help but shake her to the core.

It honestly left a bit of a sour taste in her mouth to defend the consul in any sort of way, since a high rank official in Troy were a problematic prospect, but this seemed like the right situation to point out the one thing that she supposed were hard to ignore, which were that the consul were at least of a sane mind. He might still be diabolical and evil, but the way he had acted at least didn't seem like he were out of his mind. Still didn't make her a whole lot more happy to meet him though. Often times, sane beings were far more dangerous than the crazy ones.

She really hoped that their mother wouldn't ask in to what they had meant when they said that they had to deal with some male alicorns before. Usually it weren't too bad, as often it were best to just run, but a few had made it impossible for them to not make some difficult choices, and the two of them usually lumbered around a lot of rather powerful, horrible cursed items... Combine that with their ability to cancel out magic and the aforementioned insanity causing said alicorns to not think or fight straight more often than not, and they had been able to go to quite a way with one, whilst another were just left behind with what they had saddled him with. They doubted he would have survived that item though. None of the others who had touched it had.

Others like the princesses and likely the consul, that would never work with. They had their minds there, and if worst came to worst, they would at the very least understand that whilst magic didn't hit the sisters, a boulder being thrown with magic would work like any regular one would. Dropping items on them were a surprisingly easy thing to get away with that didn't get affected by their field all that much.

21 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

The medic sighed, "There's nothing I can do, I have no idea how she even got in this state, let alone how to help, and assaulting the guards doesn't exactly put her high on the priority list."

"Wha- P-Pen? Pen, is t-that you? What is... O-Oh dear C-Celestia..."

Void stopped up as she had heard Pen's voice and looked quickly towards the cells, where she rightly so saw the small skin walker stand and have a discussion with one of the medics. At first she couldn't see about what, because somepony wandered in front of her and the angle weren't all that great, but it would quickly show to be an old familiar face. To some extend at least, as Void had only seen this one as being like a regular doe, not... Whatever this amalgamation of machine and deer were.

It most certainly caused her distress though. Deer were not changeling levels of uncomfortable to her - and yes, the changeling with them were still something that caused Void to feel her skin crawl to a certain extend - but it were still high up there.

That being said though, the state this one were in, and the fact that it weren't like she were a full deer, made Void less weary, and more worried. As one who had lost limbs and often had to try and use force to get any sort of medical help in her life, she could most certainly sympathize with this one, and from how it looked and how Pen spoke, it didn't sound good. Neither did it likely that she were using Celestia's name here, but she wouldn't care about that, nor what flaws the princess had when it came to science and messing with the brains of folks. She had still been a glimmer of good in their lives, and someone that Void had looked upon with reverence. It would take more than what little she had heard in the last day or so to change that.

"W-What happened? How can... Is t-there anything that c-can be done?"

The guards may push them along, but she'd struggle to be slow or resist to an extend if that were the case, and lean towards Pen to gain her attention. Pen hadn't exactly been a perfect being in the facility, but compared to everything else - barring Silver - she had been pretty good, and it seemed like this damaged doe robot were important to her. Perhaps there were something she could do? She weren't sure what though.

"P-Please stop. Pen s-she helped us s-survive in the facility."

She weren't sure if this would entice anything, but if the two oft hem meant so much to get out for the consul, perhaps it would work? Kinda? She had to try at least, because it felt like she owed Pen to at least attempt to help.

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

While the other guards in their group had moved to try and stop Void when she moved towards the jail, the griffon waved them off and moved to accompany Void herself as she spoke to Pen and the retreating Medic. "These creatures were with you in the lab?" It was a rhetorical question given Void had essentially confirmed it, but Pen nodded anyway.

Pen spoke up as well, "Vale," she motioned to the deer, "Was a scientist there, worked under Drs. Conegher and Bunsen, was Dr. Bunsen's assistant before the... event."

The griffon turned her head from Vale to Pen, "And you?"

Pen looked sheepish at the attention, "I was one of the anomalies they studied, one of my kind... I forget much of past events, I've been fragmented many times since the event. Vale made me a scientist after the event, after I saved her."

The griffon nodded, "The Consul will want to speak to you too as well then." She turned to the changeling, "Doc, get the deer stabilized, the Consul won't be happy if such a source of information is lost."

The changeling nodded and left the group, heading after the medic who had just left the cell.

Their father was rubbing his head, "Bunsen, Bunsen... I've heard that name before..."

Their mother looked similarly confused, "Conegher?"

"Someone said Conegher?" The reindeer guard that had also been in the lab with them approached the group, and looked surprised to see Null and Void, "You talk'n about my uncle Dell?"

Their mother continued, "Dell, Dell Conegher... he was a deer," she looked like she had a headache, and their father moved to comfort her,

"Don't try too hard to remember, you know how it is."

She sighed, "Yes yes, it will come, no need to force it."

The griffon then motioned for Void to return to the group, "They'll be fine, Doc's one of the best, now we need to get moving, the Consul is anxious to see you two again."

Provided they don't object, the group would then continue along the path that the other injured that could move were following, it would take about fifteen minutes to reach the city, the walls towering higher and higher above them as they walked. The wind picked up a bit as they grew closer, the air moving towards the walls, and the sand blew up the side, then away from the city at the top of the wall.

Soon they would reach the great iron doors that were the only access to the city, the doors stood a full two heights above even the griffon of their group, and here they formed a line as each of those entering the city were checked and registered by the guards at the door.  

@Illiad Easle

15 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

The griffon nodded, "The Consul will want to speak to you too as well then." She turned to the changeling, "Doc, get the deer stabilized, the Consul won't be happy if such a source of information is lost."

A glimmer of good had come of all of this then. Void hadn't been certain that she would even get over there, as the guards had at first tried to bar her from going that way, yet the griffon had made them stop trying to block her path, and followed her as she had gone over towards Pen and Vale.

What happened after that had been pretty seamless actually. Pen had been questioned about Vale and herself, confirming their roles in the lab - that Pen had been a scientist there were something new to Void - and then suddenly, there were help to be found by changeling that had followed them thus far, who were now tasked in making sure that Vale stayed alive. How they would even do that considering Vale were some strange amalgamation of flesh and metal she didn't know, but perhaps Pen would, and could guide them in this? Whatever the case, her part in this were apparently done for now. Guess they were even now then, Pen and them? She helped them escape, and now in turn, they too had helped her and her friend from a horrendous position.

A vague smile were briefly on Void's lips as she returned to the group again without causing any trouble. It felt good to have saved at least someone from that horrid place, even if it could not have been Silver. At least Pen were one of the seemingly good ones too.

One thing were unnerving her though. The mention of a doctor Bunsen. It were very likely just a coincidence, but their dad had made it sound as if they had worked with the kind of lab folks that had taken them, and their mother were a biologist with the last name of Bunsen...

No. No, it had to be a coincidence. Long as nothing else came up that made it sound as if  there might be a connection, then this could just be brushed off as a mere coincidence. Nothing to burden herself with.

That idea barely lasted a few minutes before her mother started to talk, and progressively made everything far, far worse.

Everything that were said and done just made Void feel more and more pale and sick to her very core. Her own father were speaking as someone who knew what were going on not only with the one named Bunsen - which might mean it were their mother, and The Grey had taken that memory from them too - but their mother then also knew the other doctor whom Void had no idea who were, but if he had been in the facility, that meant he had potentially been one of those who treated Null and her like dirt, which in her mind made him a cruel monster.

Oh, and speaking of said doctor, a familiar looking reindeer now also came forth and said that said deer were his uncle. So they had family ties all over the place connected to a hellhole that had some good qualities in them holding dangerous creatures and items, yet many, many bad things with kidnapping relatively innocent creatures like Null and her, experimenting on whomever they seemingly wanted to, and trying to make weapons strong enough to demolish Equestria. And her parents potentially had some connection to all of this.

She weren't focused on the doors as they approached, nor the wind, spectacle of things or anything. Void just kept having these thoughts swirl around her head until finally, she actually did get sick, and barfed on a piece of ground in front of her. Her head had been lowered to near the surface as it started as a reflex, so it would be contained on the spot, and should not be blown into someone else's faces.

Urgh, the smell were pretty bad though. That stew had done better staying in her stomach.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Fortunately, or unfortunately, she wasn't the only one who had lost their lunch on the way to the city, so it went fairly unnoticed among those not in the group, except for their parents who immediately moved to her sides to offer what comfort they could while they walked.

When their group finally reached the front of the line, the gate guards just waved them through, though they looked somewhat intimidated by the presence of the elite guards around them.

Entering the city had initially a similar vibe to their initial entry to Deltrot, a wide variety of creatures of all types all over, but with a much higher density here than Deltrot. The buildings were in much better repair.

While most of the injured creatures they were walking in with were being funneled off to follow signs marked with the symbol of the hospital, the guards that were with them led them in a straight path towards the center of the city. As they got closer to the center it got more packed with creatures trying to get around. They entered a sort of marketplace which was very loud with creatures of all types selling wares out of tiny stalls at what appeared to be exuberant prices, more than once the phrase "It'll cure the antimagic!" was tossed out.

In all the commotion they'd be able to slip away easy if they were so inclined.

But given they likely wouldn't be, it would only take them a little longer to reach their destination. It was a building on the smaller side, especially compared to the towering structures that stood around and behind it, with the exception of the building immediately to its right, which looked very official. The griffon led their group up to the door and opened it, motioning for the others to enter.

Inside the building was dark, not so dark as to not see, but much darker than outside. The same glowing crystals they had seen in the passage in Deltrot lined the ceiling to provide this even low light. The griffon motioned to some chairs that lined the walls, "I'll be back, wait here." Their parents moved to the chairs, and would encourage the sisters to sit between them, their mother would be first to speak as the guards that had accompanied them moved to the opposite side of the hallway, "So..." she trailed off as she looked Null and Void over, "You look well, all things considered. I'm glad to know you were able to take care of yourselves after... what happened."

@Illiad Easle

The comfort should have made her feel a good deal better, but considering the things that were roaming around her head right now, the presence of her parents just made things swirl around even more. Thankfully she didn't have anymore in her stomach that she could vomit up, and the sickening feeling would lessen some, but she'd still look noticeably ill and hang with her head as they wandered onward.

The first part of their travel into the town looked similar to the ruins they had left behind. Damaged buildings, sand, and beings of most races scrambling around in varied stages of damage. Soon as they got closer to the center however, things got a whole lot more lively than where they had been before.

A marketplace bristling with beings and varied stands, trying to sell a large assortment of wares and more or less trash. The shouting of what some of these things would cure and the prices shown (though Void were not sure if it were really that much considering whatever currency were worked with now had potentially changed value, but she worked from the number she knew) made her think of a few places near Saddle Arabia. A country they had been heading too, before some bad experiences from the bordering country they had traveled through had forced them to change direction.

Still, they had seen marketplaces full of what were essentially con artists selling snake oil. Useless items that would do nothing if you were lucky, or make you ill if you weren't. You should especially keep a distance if whatever were sold were supposed to be ingested, as that were highly likely to be just something stirred together in a rusty drum somewhere, and given a sales rep. Perhaps it weren't so bad here, but antimagic had sounded like a really complex thing for the affected ones to be rid off, when Void had spoken to the chef, so she doubted that these attention seekers would have anything that could actually deal with that. They were just trying to make a profit of a bad situation, and were she in a better state of mind right now, Void were likely to have commented on this, as she generally found that sort of behavior very wrong. Yet as it stood right now, she would just look around as they wandered, follow, and feel the battle between her queasy stomach and swirling thoughts unfold.

The thought of even trying to escape didn't even register to her as they wandered on, and eventually, got to a somewhat small building away from things, where the little family would be gathered up and guided through to what seemed like a sort of dim waiting room. Something told her that this were likely somehow connected to that larger one they had seen next to it, which indicated that someone important were housed within. The consul more than likely, though who knew? Might be it were some weird noble of some kind. Rich beings sometimes had larger and more extravagant housing than even the rulers of a given country, but still, the consul were the most likely of all creatures to be in there, at least to her.

Inside the building was dark, not so dark as to not see, but much darker than outside. The same glowing crystals they had seen in the passage in Deltrot lined the ceiling to provide this even low light. The griffon motioned to some chairs that lined the walls, "I'll be back, wait here." Their parents moved to the chairs, and would encourage the sisters to sit between them, their mother would be first to speak as the guards that had accompanied them moved to the opposite side of the hallway, "So..." she trailed off as she looked Null and Void over, "You look well, all things considered. I'm glad to know you were able to take care of yourselves after... what happened."

Void looked over at her mother as she spoke to her, and looked up, finding that Null still didn't take her dead stare off the mare. It seemed like she were so close to just breaking through, but if she did, how would she react to all of this? Not just their parents being alive and their mother being pregnant, but the possible connection to...

Void let out a raspy sigh and lifted Null down to the floor, where the small pegasi would continue to just look over at their mother, whilst her younger sister took off the saddlebags and sat down next to her.

"We d-didn't. Big sis took c-care of us both. I were a w-wreck, didn't know w-what to do or t-think. You were g-gone, our w-wounds were still fresh and I d-didn't move easy. B-Between the crying and my l-leg being gone, it... I were u-useless. Just w-wanted to go b-back and lay down with your c-corpses.

B-But Null she... She f-forced herself to t-take charge and p-push us on. She made m-me a peg leg, c-comforted me when t-things got bad, and d-did everything to g-get us away from there. S-She always took c-care of us, but she m-made herself take o-over your roles. B-Buried her own pain, her h-hatred. She... She d-didn't do well, even before she tried to..."

A tear fell from Void's eye and she winced as the subject got near what Null had done. Even now, she just couldn't get herself to just go and say it, but their dad likely already knew, and their mother had always been smart. The wound, the comments of how her sister were pained, it shouldn't be hard for her to guess what had happened. Even then, their father could have also told her, unless he were in denial. Void wouldn't blame him for that.

"I-If she comes out of t-this, she w-will yell. S-Scream, be f-furious. P-Please don't j-judge her for that. She just... T-There are a lot of i-issues.

But I u-uhm... I n-need to know s-something. From you. T-The Grey took your m-memories of u-us, but... C-Can you remember e-everything else? Do y-you... Do you k-know your names? Could you t-tell me, just so I-I know? It... I think i-it's important."

Exquisite Calligraphy and Septicity Bunsen. The two names that Void could never forget, yet she were fearing that their mother especially had forgotten hers. If she didn't say this at least, it would basically confirm Void's worst fear: The Bunsen that had been talked about before, were her. And Void didn't know what to think about everything anymore, if that were the case.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom (Thanks for putting their names up, I kept forgetting them.)

Their parents looked at each other, confused, before their mother shrugged, "Well, if it makes you feel better, I'm Septicity Bunsen, and he is Dr. Exquisite Calligraphy." She rolled her eyes, "He likes it when I say it, just 'cause he spent that time getting a doctorate and I didn't."

Their father looked a bit proud, yet chagrined at his wife's teasing.

"You needn't put yourself down." The voice was the very same one they had heard once they left the lab, it was the very same alicorn they had seen before, though he looked a bit more regal this time, and looked to only have the one pair of khaki wings rather than the six they had seen him with earlier. "Your new medicines have proven most effective as of late." He had a slight, yet honest smile, like the one that Celestia often wore. "However, you aren't here to have your work praised now are you? Boss was telling me that you are the parents of these mares?"

Their parents nodded, but seemed disinclined to speak up.

The Consul nodded, "Alright then," he looked over at the sisters, "If you two would come with me then? This shouldn't take long."

(If they move to follow him)

The Consul would lead them down the hallway into a nearby room which contained a desk with a large chair on one side and two chairs on the other, it was sparsely decorated with the only painting being a depiction of sand dunes with a cloaked pony sitting on top of one. He would take his seat in the large chair and gesture towards the others, "If you would." 

Whether they sit or remain standing he would continue, "I'll admit my bringing you here is not without its motives, but that is hardly the way to begin a discussion, nor will I attempt to obligate you into doing anything by a sense of debt from the rescue mission to facility Silver Sigma, as I see it you were owed that rescue after the terrible circumstances that brought you two there."

He steepled his hooves in front of his muzzle, "No. Instead, I will only ask for your help after I have done something for you." He raised an eyebrow, "What, I might ask, can I do to help you? Your parents aren't sure of their status for instance, trouble with their memory perhaps? I could help with that."

He would wait patiently for their response.

@Illiad Easle

17 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

"Well, if it makes you feel better, I'm Septicity Bunsen, and he is Dr. Exquisite Calligraphy." She rolled her eyes, "He likes it when I say it, just 'cause he spent that time getting a doctorate and I didn't."

Whilst it might not mean anything to them, for Void, this were a great relief to hear. They knew their names, which much surely then mean that the Bunsen spoken off earlier were in fact not her mother, but someone else. There were still the option of course, but it didn't feel as crushing and looming as it had so far, and it honestly made Void feel a lot better. Frankly for the best too, as if she were to vomit again, it would be on a floor this time, and whatever bile were left in her stomach were likely not going to be pleasant to clean up, nor smell to.

The doctor teasing helped to even bring a small smile on to Void's face. Sure, she were used to think that since their mom were a biologist - according to what she had told the sisters - she were the doctor, and whatever degree their father had Void weren't sure off, but this sort of playful interaction between them reminded her greatly of how they had once been acting around one another. They had always seemed like such a perfect couple back then, and it was good to see that hadn't changed at least, considering how much else had.

"You needn't put yourself down." The voice was the very same one they had heard once they left the lab, it was the very same alicorn they had seen before, though he looked a bit more regal this time, and looked to only have the one pair of khaki wings rather than the six they had seen him with earlier. "Your new medicines have proven most effective as of late." He had a slight, yet honest smile, like the one that Celestia often wore. "However, you aren't here to have your work praised now are you? Boss was telling me that you are the parents of these mares?"

The arrival of the consul stiffened that smile and again brought worry to Void's mind. As she had said earlier, he seemed sane enough, and currently, he weren't trying anything other than actually praising their mother for some work that weren't specifically said much about, though any praise were well deserved. Septicity had always been great as mixing up things, and when times had been tough on the sisters, she often had to come up with something that would work as a remedy to them, which weren't based on magic, or were several hundred miles away from their town.

Void kinda figured that she had gotten especially focused on that after she had lost her eye to that infection back when she were really young. Their mother had been unable to get any medicine there in time to save her eye, and ever since, it just seemed like she had an overbearing worry over her being, whenever she heard as much as a cough from any of them, and she'd start taking some samples back to her room to see if something were wrong.

...Now that she thought about it, they had gotten a lot of tests back when they were small. Odd...

But there weren't time to think of that, as the strange alicorn lead them away from said parents, and towards another room where he could speak with them in peace. Void hadn't planned to bring Null, but for some reason, she were seemingly drawn to follow the alicorn. Second he had moved she had started to follow him, and didn't stop until he did, whereupon she'd wander to about a meter from him and just stare up. Much like she had done towards the griffon, which were not a thought that made Void any happier as she were presented with a place to sit, which she accepted as right now seemed like a bad time to be rude. Whatever he had planned, it would not get asked nicer by her acting out of order.

Whether they sit or remain standing he would continue, "I'll admit my bringing you here is not without its motives, but that is hardly the way to begin a discussion, nor will I attempt to obligate you into doing anything by a sense of debt from the rescue mission to facility Silver Sigma, as I see it you were owed that rescue after the terrible circumstances that brought you two there."

He steepled his hooves in front of his muzzle, "No. Instead, I will only ask for your help after I have done something for you." He raised an eyebrow, "What, I might ask, can I do to help you? Your parents aren't sure of their status for instance, trouble with their memory perhaps? I could help with that."

"Yes! I... I mean, y-yes. If you m-make them remember. We... We'll d-do whatever you w-want."

It weren't like he couldn't make them do whatever he wished to already really. He had their parents, Null were stunted, and Void weren't willing to leave any of them behind to save her own flank. At least this way, perhaps their parents would remember them again.

Along with... All the other things... *gulp*

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

The Consul looked a bit surprised, and slightly concerned at Void's quick response. "I wouldn't be so hasty to promise as much as you have, that's how the Grey got creatures to join them... back when they still operated." he shook his head at the memory. "Regardless, restoring their memories would hardly make up enough in the karmic balance to justify what I would then ask of you, however..."

He opened a desk drawer and retrieved the diamond that he had gotten from Void earlier, "I know you said I could have it, but that could justifiably have been under duress, so I would ask it of you again, but with a purpose. I've been contemplating the curse you two bear since I met you the other night, and with a careful application of this gem it wouldn't be hard to make a fully functioning prosthetic for one of you, it could even replace an eye, or a wing, but it would take some time to produce."

He looked deeply into the gem, and the glowing light it held much like when it had first been ejected from the robot Silver. He seemed lost in his thoughts for a moment, "Do you even know what it means?"

He shook himself from his thoughts as he set the gem on the table where it stood on its point so long as it was out of Void's range, "Let's deal with your parents first, then we can continue, alright?"

His horn glowed for a moment, then a few moments later the door opened to reveal a very crystalline pony, she appeared to be made of pure diamond, except for the jagged flaw that sat just behind her mane, cutting across an otherwise flawless visage. She had no wings nor a horn, though she looked ever so vaguely like Princess Luna. She did a Trojan bow to them as she entered, "I am Selena, and while we've partially met before, she never got your names." 

If they attempted to approach her she would take a few steps back, "Sorry, while I look the part I am mostly a magical entity so I should stay out of the aura of your curse."

@Illiad Easle

12 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

The Consul looked a bit surprised, and slightly concerned at Void's quick response. "I wouldn't be so hasty to promise as much as you have, that's how the Grey got creatures to join them... back when they still operated." he shook his head at the memory. "Regardless, restoring their memories would hardly make up enough in the karmic balance to justify what I would then ask of you, however..."

"A-All I have is my f-family. Getting their m-memories back would m-make us one again. And if t-they could remember, perhaps N-Null could be saved t-too. There's n-nothing more important t-than that to m-me."

Whatever the cost, she would do it for the sake of her family. An ingrained thought that seemed to go through them all, from her parents being willing to risk their own lives to get their foals out of Troy, to everything Null had done for her over the years, starting with putting aside her pain to take care of her distraught younger sister.

Void had done many things too for the sake of family. Even killing to ensure the safety of her big sister a few times. Yet it didn't mean she considered them even, or that she should bargain for a better price when provided with the option to help with something that sounded monumental. Like her sister, and their parents before them, Void would jump at whatever ot took to help. Perhaps she had been a little too enthusiastic here, but she wanted to help, and besides, who would have known she would have been given the option for a better deal? That she weren't just forced to do as he wanted under threat, and were actually offered some help, were already weird enough for her. More than that seemed unthinkable.

She followed his movements as he went about retrieving something from the desk. A sight that would make Null's eyebrows rise a little, yet also give her a pained expression as Silver's crystal showed up, and reminded her of the seemingly innocent, metallic creature she had doomed to be overtaken by Panic.

As the alicorn spoke however, any thought of Silver were swept away, like sand whirling on the dunes. Void's jaw would start to slack, and her eyes go wide with shock and disbelief. At least for a few seconds, before she caught herself in it and stopped, as worries began to fall over her again as several issues with the additional offer for their help would arise. It sounded great at first, truly, but what help did a prosthetic make if it weren't functional? Or if it were magic? He might say it could get past their curse, but there were no guarantee of that.

These were but a few of the things that came to mind a little after the initial gawking and awe faltered, and she would have started to ask questions right there if it didn't seem like the alicorn were having a chat with either himself, or the gem that were starting to glow a little again. Certainly didn't seem like it were to her anyway, right? It wouldn't make much sense to her if it were, but then again, neither did it to speak to a piece of crystal. Though this one might hold Silcer's soul, so... This alicorn could speak with the dead? So many questions just piling up now...

15 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

His horn glowed for a moment, then a few moments later the door opened to reveal a very crystalline pony, she appeared to be made of pure diamond, except for the jagged flaw that sat just behind her mane, cutting across an otherwise flawless visage. She had no wings nor a horn, though she looked ever so vaguely like Princess Luna. She did a Trojan bow to them as she entered, "I am Selena, and while we've partially met before, she never got your names." 

If they attempted to approach her she would take a few steps back, "Sorry, while I look the part I am mostly a magical entity so I should stay out of the aura of your curse."

"...S-Silver?"

Voud had not expected the literal crystal pony to show up, and it were flabbergasting her a little to see something like this. Sure she'd seen golems before, and the ones made of flesh especially were hard to get out of her nightmares sometimes, but this wasn't that. She had never seen a golem able to speak, and as such, she wasn't sure what Selena here were, though from the look of that small flaw in her form, and the similarities to the crystal on the table, she could at least guess what part of her had been. And that were why as she staggered a few steps forward, she uttered the name of the one left behind. Something which got her a response that made Void stop up and step backwards again with her head hung in shame, eyes on Selena, and a dark red blush faintly planting tself upon her cheeks.

"S-Sorry. About e-everything...

I'm uhm... V-Void, this is my big s-sister, Null."

Null had given the crystal pony a look, but gotten back to the consul soon after again, on a safe distance from Selena.

"Uhm... C-Consul? Before we go o-out to them, I n-need to ask you s-something...

The prosthetic y-you're talking a-about... W-Would it work on N-Null? It i-isn't as important to m-me, since p-prostetic legs gets b-better, and I've had only o-one eye most my l-life, so I'm fine. But Null, h-her wing... It t-torments her not t-to fly. Would s-she uhm... C-Could she fly a-again, with the t-thing you're t-talking about?"

More than whatever or not it would even work on them, Void had to know whatever or not it could actually work to fix a disability, or if it were like her glass eye: Purely cosmetic.

If it could actually make Null able to fly somehow, that would be the single best choice to use this one chance on. Especially since Void couldn't even remember what it were like to have two eyes to see from, and her false leg did have good applications, like emergency storage, so she weren't impacted as much by this as Null had been when she were denied the sky.

If it would only be cosmetic though, she had to talk with her parents about it, as she would think that Null would consider a false crystal wing attached to her stump to be little more than an even crueler reminder of what she had lost than the bare stump were.

• Brohoof 1