Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom

Illiad Easle

@Blitz Boom

44 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Ergh, Little sounds better. Let's go with that for now. You make sure stay hidden, alright? And I promise you Little, only way I'm not coming back for you, is if I'm dead, which won't happen. I've dealt with monsters before."

Little nodded before jumping up into the air, flapping a few times to get to the roof of the cave and hiding among the stalactites. Had Null not watched him ascend she'd never find him, even so if it weren't for the trail she could see with the eye it's be hard to spot him.

45 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Hey! You there. You with the creeps, the monsters, or the folks stuck down here? I'm here to sort out the mess."

The unicorn was startled by Null's sudden exit of the vent, turning to face her fully while taking a step back and pulling out his makeshift sword with his magic. Speaking of, his magic looked different than most other unicorns, almost like dark magic, but not quite, the aura was blocky and seemed to have incomplete runes floating in it.

Despite his defensive stance his expression was more of curiosity and reservation than concern, "Who... Where did you come from? How did you get in here?" The sword was pointed towards Null, but not exactly at her. Both of them standing in the hall it was clear that the unicorn was just about her height, if not a little taller when he stood tall, "And why should I tell you?"

@Illiad Easle

Null wouldn't know your garden variety unicorn magic from a witch casting spells with foci  unless she saw the accessories. Far as she were concerned, a unicorn were just a regular spel caster, with sometimes fancy colors, and at times used curses. Which she also couldn't tell were it before she did a bit of trial and error  or saw the bad effects.

On 6/18/2020 at 11:40 PM, Illiad Easle said:

"Who... Where did you come from? How did you get in here?"

"There's a big hole in your piping. How you think I got in, brainiac?"

Seemed like this one were up for a fight. Fine by her, she'd beat him up and get some aggression out if she had to. He was about her size, so for once, it wouldn't include her being at a height disadvantage. Guess it also took out a bit of the fun. The tall ones were kinda fun to beat up, since they kept thinking her size made her weaker. Oh well, they'd see how this went.

On 6/18/2020 at 11:40 PM, Illiad Easle said:

"And why should I tell you?"

Oh neato, another chance for her to show her winning personality, and customer charm.

"Because I'm here to solve a problem, and I don't mind beating information out of your pretty little head. So, we gonna dance, or are you gonna comply?"

Null tensed up, and stood ready with the nail bat down her side, prepared to slam this guy into next week.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

23 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"There's a big hole in your piping. How you think I got in, brainiac?"

The unicorn looked unsure, "But, Gemini's enchantments..."

23 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Because I'm here to solve a problem, and I don't mind beating information out of your pretty little head. So, we gonna dance, or are you gonna comply?"

The unicorn looked conflicted, but sighed, shook his head, and put his knife back at his side. "No, we've got enough problems as it is to go making new ones. But your being here may just give us the solution we've been waiting for."

He gave a friendly enough looking face, "I'll comply I suppose, provided you solution doesn't involve hurting any of us I don't think we'll have any issues with you. You can call me Arcade if you like, I don't know what you mean by the creeps, but I'm definitely not with the monsters, so I suppose that leaves me with the folks stuck down here. But given you've found a way in, it sounds like we could make our way out, finally."

There was the sound of movement behind Null, coming from the tunnels, like something a bit too large was trying to make its way down.

@Illiad Easle

Null put her nail bat back again, with a bit of a sigh. She had honestly hoped to finally have something to hit on, since she were starting to get real angsty to beat on someone, or something. Granted, this one were perhaps not the sort who she had the right to beat to death, as his vengeance meter wasn't flaring up like a light in the dark. Or she supposed, shadow in the pool? Eh, who cared? Unimportant terminology.

"I'm here to sort the mess out, and kill the monsters. Unless you folks are acting like monsters, I don't see a reason to go after you. I'll kneecap the first one who makes a short joke though. Getting sick and tired of that, and I'm years past the point of just letting it slide."

This guy should know where she were coming from regarding that issue. He wasn't as short as her, but it were close, and would still mark him as stunted in some way. More than enough for others to have made their fair share of short comments, references to him being a tiny annoyance, some degree of feeling other did not take you serious, etc. She still wished she could've beaten him up a bit, but that had more to do with her current mood than anything. It were really starting to itch in her to hit something. She had gone for weeks now with barely any real violence, after the gate had been closed, and a lot of stuff had accumulated in her mind that she'd like to get deal with. Expressing it through some quick and efficient violence, were the best way she knew how to just get the worst of those tensions out of her system. Or at least some of them.

"So, what's the status here? How many you got holed up, and what sorta mess are you dealing with?

And for the record, if there were any enhancements, they're useless against me. I can nullify most of them."

She used to say all of them, but with Troy proving there were some examples of things that could go through, she had to remedy that. Frankly pretty annoying, to say the least, as she now also didn't know what magic she could just safely go against, but that were a headache for many a future time. Right now, there were work to focus on.

A sound of something that sounded rather large made her ear vibrate, and she turned to look directly at Arcade, with a challenging grin on her face.

"Seems like I'm still getting something to beat up after all. Better watch out, Arcade. Wouldn't want you to end up with a punctured lung or something."

And with that little half-joke, half-warning about not standing too near her, due to her nail bat not exactly being a precision tool, she'd turn towards the sound, armed and ready for conflict. Of course, if he then tried to broad side her during the distraction, she had to amend her plans to beating him up after all. Potentially with the bat, but maybe up close and personal, using her hooves. It usually tended to be a rather *spur of the moment* thing when she got surprised, what kinda attack she went with.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

Getting sick and tired of that, and I'm years past the point of just letting it slide."

Arcade snorted, "You and me both. I was supposed to be normal sized, but guess who had their dwarfism magically treated at a young age? So instead they just lumped me with the younger ones when they moved us. At least Gemini recognized I wasn't just another foal in the group."

"So, what's the status here? How many you got holed up, and what sorta mess are you dealing with?

And for the record, if there were any enhancements, they're useless against me. I can nullify most of them."

Arcade thought for a moment, "I think we're down to just eight now, whatever was here before us got the rest of them. I was just looking for two of our group, you wouldn't happen to have seen them? A thestral colt and a white unicorn filly."

2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

I can nullify most of them."

Arcade looked surprised, "That would explain how you got in, and it makes it more imperative that we leave. Nothing is stopping anything else from getting in either."

A sound of something that sounded rather large made her ear vibrate

"Like whatever that is."

"Seems like I'm still getting something to beat up after all. Better watch out, Arcade. Wouldn't want you to end up with a punctured lung or something."

Arcade looked a little taken aback, but gave her her space, "I've handled myself this long."

It wasn't long before the sounds of movement reached the opening, though it kicked up quite a bit of dust from all the scraping along the walls it was doing.

Suddenly a head would pop out of the dust cloud, coughing, to reveal the dirt streaked and dusty face of assistant ambassador Dove.

Provided she wasn't immediately struck by Null, she'd greet them once she caught her breath. "There you are Event, Shard was getting worried when you didn't come back up, and well, I'm unfortunately the next smallest so they sent me to follow you."

She'd then take notice of Arcade, a curious look on her face, "Prince Blueblood? What are you doing here? And... I thought you'd be taller."

Arcade didn't look too pleased, but turned to Null, "Friend of yours I assume?"

Of course, if Null struck before recognizing Dove, things would turn out quite differently depending on how she attacked.

@Illiad Easle

On 6/22/2020 at 9:13 PM, Illiad Easle said:

Arcade thought for a moment, "I think we're down to just eight now, whatever was here before us got the rest of them. I was just looking for two of our group, you wouldn't happen to have seen them? A thestral colt and a white unicorn filly."

"...Yeah, I saw 'em."

So, this were kinda awkward... Though of course, she had to try and get this sorted eventually, now that she had found the group the two of them came from. Starting with finding a way to put it out there that didn't make Little sound like a merciless killer. Frankly, she'd just put it out there that it had been an accident, and would have done so right off the bat, if the noise hadn't taken her attention, and given her a chance at waiting to deal with this.

"Like whatever that is."

She did give a spare thought to that comment, which put Arcade a few notched up her list. Sure he were still in pummeling territory, but knowing he had a bit of fight in him when dealing with something that might be able to squash him like a bug, made him a little relatable. As did his former response to dealing with folks lording their height over those less fortunate. At least someone here who saw eye to eye with her on this matter.

Oh gods darn it, not the time for a pun!

Suddenly a head would pop out of the dust cloud, coughing, to reveal the dirt streaked and dusty face of assistant ambassador Dove.

Provided she wasn't immediately struck by Null, she'd greet them once she caught her breath. "There you are Event, Shard was getting worried when you didn't come back up, and well, I'm unfortunately the next smallest so they sent me to follow you."

She'd then take notice of Arcade, a curious look on her face, "Prince Blueblood? What are you doing here? And... I thought you'd be taller."

Arcade didn't look too pleased, but turned to Null, "Friend of yours I assume?"

Null had been raising the bat, ready to strike soon as she saw something poke out of the dust cloud that had some sorta shape to it. Weren't any good taking a swing if she missed, since that'd leave her open for a counter attack, so the first hit had to count.

Then sadly, it just turned out to be one of the ambassadors, and he'd get an unusual welcome alright. Mainly from Null, smashing her nail bat into the ground, and giving an annoyed, rising *Aaaargh!* sound for a few seconds, whilst holding her head.

"For the love of Xerthes. All I'm asking for is One fight! Is that too much to ask for?!"

The deity in question were likely too obscure for either of these two to know. Unless they somehow knew about the small island of Zhevrabahr. In itself a rather calm, pretty nice island paradise, which were filled with welcoming and curious creatures that bore striking resemblance to minotaurs, just with smaller horns, a slimmer build, thinner fur, and tails that were so long that they usually wrapped them a few times around their waists as belts, when not in use. Far as she guessed, it were an isolated tribe that had evolved slightly different due to the area not having much need of bulky bodies and thick fur.

However, one did best in never doing one of three things there: Show up with hostility in mind, desecrate their idols, or stay when the full moon bathed the island in light. If one did, Xerthes would arrive, and you wouldn't live to tell the tale.

Xerthes were a curious creature, that Null couldn't describe. Quite literally, as just looking upon the creature seemed impossible, due to it appearing to change perception, based on who gazed upon it. Judging by the idols around the island, they saw the creature as a large serpent, with four long, clawed arms down its sides. From the claws would drip blood of those she had slain, and in her maw were the empty skulls of her victims, whom the islanders explained were *consumed for their transgressions, for as long as she deemed fit*.

Far as Null were aware though, the deity, or whatever it were, didn't actually kill things herself. Her presence however, set the islanders in a heightened state of bloodthirst. which made formerly peaceful farmers, gatherers, etc. suddenly take up their tools and charging in to spill the blood of heretics and outsiders alike.

Null and Void had ended up there randomly, as they were trying to sail to a new shore, in a little dingy they had managed to steal in the midst of night, and the first few hours foudn the place to be incredibly lovely. Until they started to ask questions about the idols, which lead to the very open islanders to explain further, and even show them the site of the latest site, where a group of missionaries had attempted to land and spouted off words about their deity being a false god.

To say it had been a revolting sight, were an insult to the very word which would have hightailed it out of there and vomitted if it saw the scene.

As the moon were also coming a few days later, they kept their distance, gathered a few fruits, and got ready to set sail the very next day. At first they were getting a few assistants, until Xerthes had shown up, and manifested near one of her idols. Something which both Null had perceived as a large pony, with thundering eyes and shreds of ripped, bloody flesh stuck between her teeth, wearing a uniform of spiked steel, adorned with skulls. A mixture of varied olden depictions of things Null had seen before, and fairy tales from their younger years. Void had refused to ever say what she saw, but she did tell her sister that it made her feel very small and insignificant.

They had pretty much been told that they would gain no further help, because she wanted to see if they were fast enough to finish the gathering and repairs they needed in time for the next *Great event*, as she called it. Let it not be said, that the sisters weren't quick and efficient when motivated to be so. They made it out of there a good few hours before the full moon rose, yet even from afar, they could see hear the thunderous roar of the locals, going through with the ceremonies that were set up, if there were no outsiders, or heretics to hunt.

Whatever lands were within a few hundred miles of the place generally had sailors and authorities warning every being, to never get anywhere close to the place, and a multitude of signs had apparently been set up in the nearby waters over the years. All mysteriously vanished, while the tides kept bringing in the unfortunate souls that dared thread the place at a bad time, or with ill intent.

Back to the situation at hoof though, after Null had gotten the worst out of her system, she'd take a few deep breaths, before addressing the two of them.

"Yeah, I know this guy. I'm helping his party getting to New Las Pegasus, and stumbled over an entrance down to here while I were at it. Ambassador, you seem to know this one, so... Yeah, stumbled upon hi while checking out the place. Ran into a couple of foals that asked me to look for them. There's... Been an accident."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(Both of the ambassadors are mares btw)

Ambassador Dove and Arcade shared a look at Null's exclamation, and mutually decided to ignore it. Dove quickly set about to free herself from the hole while Null introduced her and explained their presence. Arcade nodded when he was introduced, "Before any confusion continues, I am not the late Prince Blueblood, I only look just like him. You can call me Arcade, I'm pretty much the leader around here, for the eight of us that remain," he turned towards Null with a bit of a concerned expression, "..or fewer."

Dove gave a polite bow, "I'm assistant Ambassador Dove come as a diplomat from Troy to New Pegas, I hope you don't mind our intrusion. We didn't know you were here when we arrived."

Arcade shook his head, "No need to worry, we're glad you found us, it means we can get out of here before we all die to the monsters below." he turned his attention back to Null, "So, you say you saw them and there was an accident... is it too much to hope that they are both still alive?"

@Illiad Easle

On 6/25/2020 at 7:41 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"So, you say you saw them and there was an accident... is it too much to hope that they are both still alive?"

"...Yes. Little's fine, but the filly... *sigh* Why try and sugarcoat it any more? The little one's dead. Something real bad happened, and things just kept going the wrong way. Little's heartbroken about it, but it's too late to change anything. Best I can do is make sure she gets out of here, and gets a proper grave. She deserves that. Besides, I've seen too many ghosts in my time to let a body just lay around after this sorta thing. It's never pretty."

Not everyone believed in ghosts, but Null could say with 100% certainty, that they were real, and some of those left alone for a long time, after a traumatic death, could end up real nasty. Poltergeists were the most common, with the option for a highway haunter pretty much also a fair option.  The real unlucky ones could go further, and up as as a foci for a spirit nexus. Far as she knew, took a real strong soul, with intense emotions that were out of control pretty much from the get go, along with a boatload of time, but it did happen. She had been stuck in one for three days before, and those things were dangerous for the psyche. More than that, if you weren't immune to the sort of magic those things could blast out.

She'd known of a family going around handling those things. Only met a few of them outside of Equestria, where apparently their headqaurter were. What was the name... The Macerby... Cabaret? Nono,

Macabre? Yes, that sounded right. The Macabre Clan. A bunch of real weird ones, where apparently the mares could interact with ghosts. Claimed to be going around where needed, and help the restless dead move on. All she and Void knew however, were that those ponies were freaking weirdos. First one they had met were this mare in her forties, dancing around,s singing some sorta jolly tune whilst literal spirits gathered around her, just for some sort of light to blast off from her horn, engulfing them, whilst this weird scream just echoed throughout the area. And afterwards? She had been cackling like a mad mare. As if the whole thing had broken her outta some sort of trance, and put her in an adrenaline rush. Claimed to be called Grave Singer, which yeah, sounded about right. Been talking about her werido family for a while before wandering on again, just after the rush seemed to have toned down.

And the second... Oh yeah, that one had been something. Big, brutish minotaur oaf, lumbering around mostly silently, and looking like he could crush diamonds with a mean side glance. He wasn't the issue though. Nono, the little filly with the dolly on his shoulder were. Constantly whispering to herself, or the doll - equally creepy if you asked her - and when they had wandered into the mess of ghosts that had kept the sisters trapped in the mansion, every single spirit tried to run away from her, with horror in their eyes. This little thing, scaring a bunch who had been locked in crazed mayhem for gods knew how long, just by being near them. And she knew it was her, and not the minotaur, because they didn't react before the little one got in sight.

Urgh, the memories of what happened when she finally stopped whispering and rose her head to look at the spirits,.. Even if the lot had kept Void and her trapped, she still felt pity to seeing the bunch of them either forcibly get thrown to the other side, or eaten. And she for one refused to believe the second option, because she liked to keep some semblance of sanity!

The two had left right after, even if the filly had started to look over on Null with a creepy little smile on her face that made the hairs stand on the back of Null's neck. It were like she were planning to say something. Or do something, which Null were not interested in either. Instead, the minotaur had just grumbled with a low voice, saying *If you're smart, you will run the other way.*. Which they straight up had done, and not stopped for three hours.

To this day, Null still had no idea who that second one were, but she knew two things: The insignia on her doll, made it clear she were from that clan, and the minotaur weren't there to protect the filly from others. He were there to keep Her, away from Them.

A small shiver went through her body as she recalled the face of this one. Even the memory...

"Anyway, I've told the colt to hide, while I went down to crush some monsters. Now, mind pointing me towards wherever they are, so I can start clearing out this dumb, and the seven of you can get outta here, and get on route back to Troy where it's safe? You ain't staying to point them anywhere though, ambassador. You're going back up there right away. The Consul would have my rear booted up on the sun, if I ended up dragging you into some murder cave."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Little's heartbroken about it, but it's too late to change anything.

Arcade had a sad expression as he shook his head, "I'd imagine, they were rather sweet on each other." He sighed, "All the more reason why we need to leave."

You ain't staying to point them anywhere though, ambassador. You're going back up there right away.

Dove nodded, "Wouldn't think of it, I'll head back up and tell the rest of the group, see if they can't get a carrier here to pick them up."

With that she'd turn to go back up the tunnel, shake her head, "Buck this." and teleport back topside instead.

Arcade motioned for Null to follow, "Let's get the others then, we can pick up Elef on the way." Arcade would lead through a number of hallways that would likely give Null flashbacks before entering a sort of cafeteria where a number of makeshift beds had been set up. In the room there was a young filly that looked like Princess Twilight, but as just a unicorn, a young filly that looked like Pinkie Pie, only with short straight hair and glasses, there was a slightly older but still small filly that looked like Rainbow Dash, only with white hair instead of rainbow colored, and finally, there were two sleeping foals, they looked only about three years old, a pegasus that looked like Luna with light blue hair, and a unicorn that looked like Celestia with pink hair.

The three that were awake would turn when Arcade opened the door, and approach when they saw Null, curious expressions on their faces. Arcade stopped them with a hoof, "Teal, Toupee, grab the foals, Ardee help me grab some supplies."

The three fillies would look between Null and Arcade as they started moving, "But, what's going on? Who's this?" said the Rainbow Dash looking one who was apparently Ardee.

"She's come to help, we're leaving."

There was a renewed vigour in their preparations, the foals were swaddled up and placed one each on the unicorn filly's backs while Arcade and Ardee gathered up what scant possessions they had.

As they started making their way out of the room there was a loud scratching sound on the far wall, like something was trying to get through, before large dents started to form. Arcade kept the fillies moving for the tunnel, but turned to Null, "Can I trust you to hold that back while I get them out? Buy us as much time as you can."

@Illiad Easle

On 6/27/2020 at 1:37 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"I'd imagine, they were rather sweet on each other." He sighed, "All the more reason why we need to leave."

Oh... Yeah, this just became seven layers more awkward and painful to think about now that it turned out the little dead one weren't just Little's friend, but potentially his sweetheart. Whom he had killed... By the gods, this kid were gonna end up with a lot of guilt just tormenting him through his life now. Hopefully he'd have some moral support, and some around him that he'd feel able to trust. Otherwise, he might end up like her, and that wasn't a fate she wished upon a lot of folks.

*sigh* This were gonna make judging him harder too, but there weren't much to do about it. It still had to be done, but she had to push that to the back of her mind for now. With the ambassador leaving, and thankfully teleporting - which just meant she were in less danger going outta here - Arcade and her had a job to do.

Arcade would lead through a number of hallways that would likely give Null flashbacks before entering a sort of cafeteria where a number of makeshift beds had been set up. In the room there was a young filly that looked like Princess Twilight, but as just a unicorn, a young filly that looked like Pinkie Pie, only with short straight hair and glasses, there was a slightly older but still small filly that looked like Rainbow Dash, only with white hair instead of rainbow colored, and finally, there were two sleeping foals, they looked only about three years old, a pegasus that looked like Luna with light blue hair, and a unicorn that looked like Celestia with pink hair.

"...No offense, but these folks are really messing with my head."

Seriously, every single face in here, made her think of someone she had seen in Ponyville. A young filly, looking like Twilight, just without the wings and therefor alicorn aspects, and a nerdier Pinkie Pie at around the same age. Then there were the oldest of the bunch from what she could see, which looked like that weird, rainbow maned one that had tried to talk to her in Ponyville, but then backed down and just zoomed off once she had seen Null missing a wing. Something which Null honestly appreciated now, as it beat the mare showing her hoof down her throat at the first meeting. Honestly a bit of consideration that she hadn't appreciated much in the moment, but had come to understand and respect more down the line. Hadn't seen her again since then, beyond just once at a distance, but she had planned to speak with her before it all just went haywire.

*sigh* Anyway, those were the normal ones. Seriously, that bunch were eerie, but fair enough. More creepy to her were the younglings, that looked like non-alicorned filly versions of the princesses Celestia and Luna.

...Had this place been attempting to clone ponies? The faces were telling her yes, and the ambassador had said before that Arcade looked like a smaller version of some prince, right? This were starting to make her question things. Including if the same might be the case with Little and that filly that he accidentally chomped on. Were they clones? Of whom? Some of those important ones she hadn't met, like Cadance, and Shining Armor? What were going on here?

She rose a hoof in greeting when one of the fillies got close and started asking questions. Probably another of the dead one's friend, who were going to have a really tough time when they found out their friend wasn't gonna come back.

At least they were a bit happy now, as they were told they'd escape. Hopefully this would be without further damage, though it were perhaps best if she had the chance to tell Arcade that they should avoid going around to get Little and the dead filly. Best leaving that to her, so they didn't have to see it. Just had to find an opening, which were not easy now that everyone were about to start packing.

As they started making their way out of the room there was a loud scratching sound on the far wall, like something was trying to get through, before large dents started to form. Arcade kept the fillies moving for the tunnel, but turned to Null, "Can I trust you to hold that back while I get them out? Buy us as much time as you can."

Also something large were about to smash through the wall. Freaking finally. This Had to be an enemy, right? The cold were starting to annoy her, and she still hadn't tried fighting like this. And she were really starting to need her violence fix.

She withdrew her nail bat, and nodded to Arcade as he started to lead the group out.

"I got this one. Make your way out, and get to the ambassador. I'll get the others once I'm done bashing whatever's on the way, into bits smaller than I am."

She'd let them leave, whilst she got ready to face the foe. It were time to smash some teeth in. Or whatever this thing had.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Arcade and the others were quick to scurry off down the hallway. One of them, the pink one, gave her a quick hug and whispered "Thank you" before running off with the others. Their hoofsteps were already growing faint when the first hole opened in the wall, a griffon's broken talon puncturing the wall and starting to tear away at it to come through. From the dirt and dried blood on its face it looked like it had been digging through for quite a bit to reach the wall it punched through. The effects of vampirism were quite obvious, it looked like the hunger had driven the beast absolutely mad. It started trying to grab at her even before it had made enough of a hole in the wall to crawl through, as it passed through the opening it was clear it lacked both of its wings, and the tattered remnants of a lab coat hung of its shoulders thoroughly stained with dirt and blood.

As soon as it was through the hole it would charge after Null with surprising speed and a loud screech.

@Illiad Easle

On 6/28/2020 at 11:36 PM, Illiad Easle said:

One of them, the pink one, gave her a quick hug and whispered "Thank you" before running off with the others.

A penance for hugs too. If this one wasn't a clone, or some sort of offspring/baby sister that no one had talked about about, then she didn't know what were the deal. Because everything about this one just screamed Pinkie Pie, just y'know, looking a bit nerdier. So maybe an imperfect clone? She really had no idea, whatsoever. Cloning were the sort of thing she had heard brief mentions off in passing, or read about in some of the books she sometimes found when Void and her had squatted somewhere, or in the dumpsters, which she tried to use when she were trying to get them to learn how to read and write. That and sneaking around outside of schools, which had proven risky, but ultimately the thing that had worked the best, considering they couldn't just wander into a classroom normally, the vast majority of times.

Going back to cloning though, it were but a concept and faint ideas, the times she had read about it. The possibility of someday in the future, being able to make another copy of a creature for whatever reason. Sounded crazy to her frankly, but she had no other idea what were going on here beyond that. The ones she had seen were too old for reincarnation to be a thing, except for maybe the princess fillies, so she considered that to be out of the window. Doubly so as she had been told that at least the princesses, were still alive. Hence, all she had to guess on right now, were cloning. She considered asking some questions there, but what did you know? Her guest for this play session had just arrived.

Which seemed to be a vampire griffon? Well, that was a first, but the way it were looking at her sadly weren't. One of the few vampires Void and her had met had been like this, and didn't stop until he got well and truly impaled. Had been a brief, almost serene look on his face as he drew his final breath, which were hard to believe when looking at how messed up he had been when lost to the curse. This one might too, but they'd see how much were left of the griffon's face to smile with when she were done playing.

"Hope you ain't squeamish."

The thought went to Nine before she charged in, way before the creature broke through fully. In fact, two seconds after she had seen the face, she had already been running towards it, bat at the ready, and jumped up rigt as she reached it, aiming to smash this bat in an upwards swing, hitting the griffon's lower left jaw. If it hit, this should be a jaw cracker to remember. Though if it didn't, they'd be off to stage two. What that were, they'd see. Fighting were sometimes more about improv than planning, in her experience.

They would likely have reached one another at about the same time, seeing the speed of the crazed, wingless thing that were about to go after her. Now it were just seeing how it'd go from here.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

It was a solid hit she got the griffon with, but the cracking sound came more from her bat than the beast. A pair of the nails had gotten lodged in the vampire, likely in its jawbone, and had torn themselves out of the bat, breaking off a part of the head of the bat with it. The bat was still mostly whole, but now had a sharper point instead of a rounded head.

The vampire used the momentum from her strike to go into a side roll, distancing itself from Null and leaving Null to one side of it's path to the door. However, for the moment, it was focused on Null. There were other sounds coming from the hole, likely if she took too long with the vampire griffon, she'd soon have other issues to deal with.

@Illiad Easle

Seriously? Bloody seriously?! One hit, and it already splintered. One, bloody hit! You'd think that a nail bat, stolen from someone condemned to Tartarus, would be able to take a few slams like this, and not break off in the first jaw it impacted, but nooo. Shoddy craftsmanship were apparently a stable down there too.

Urgh. She swore, first chance she got, she were gonna get this reinforced with a new wooden section, glued on with some good, solid wood glue. And then she'd get the whole thing covered in a layer of metal to properly reinforce it. It were gonna get heavier - how much depended on the metal in question of course - but at least then it'd take something to break it!

That were for the future though. Right now, she had an irate vampire griffon on her scent, and it sounded like it were gonna have some friends soon, so she better finish this one off before it took after the foals. Been enough young blood spilled tonight already.

So she'd charge in, pretending to aim for the creature's jaw again, yet this time, it would be a trap. She'd make the swing, but then let go of the bat before it left the ground area, which would just cause it to get dropped on the ground when she had been running. Then she'd spin and try maneuvering her wing to deliver a solid slash with the blades in the neck/face area. It wouldn't be incredibly powerful, or insanely accurate, even if she got it right, as she were still new at this, but it might catch the creature off guard, and slice its throat. Few things kept fighting once that happened.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

The griffon wasn't as distracted by her feint as Null might have liked, and as such wasn't caught completely off guard by her strike. She got a good cut in, but it was far from fatal.

There was the sound of someone teleporting in near the door, and the vampire griffon retreated a bit to reevaluate the new threat. "The foals are out, lets get you out too." he ran to get close to Null as the griffon started his approach, it was obvious when Arcade touched her that he was going to try to teleport them both out, but due to Null's curse he couldn't teleport either of them so close to her. Instead he pushed Null towards the door, "Run, I'll be right behind you."

Whether Null ran or not, Arcade now had the griffon upon him, while he was clearly somewhat experienced, getting a few good cuts in, the griffon was quicker to kill him.

(I assume Null isn't the kind to flee, even when told)

The griffon wouldn't start drinking from Arcade while Null still presented a threat, and so would charge after Null as well. 'I sense a very old, dark, magic here.' Nine chimed in as the griffon approached.

Suddenly there was a pop of dark magic, and an identical Arcade appeared not far from where his dead body lay. 'Well, that's new.'

The two of them were now flanking the griffon.

(Sorry if this scene is a bit weird, I couldn't think of a better way to reveal his true peculiarity. I'd recommend the series Confinement on youtube for an explanation of Arcade's ability.)

@Illiad Easle

On 7/2/2020 at 10:53 PM, Illiad Easle said:

The griffon wasn't as distracted by her feint as Null might have liked, and as such wasn't caught completely off guard by her strike. She got a good cut in, but it was far from fatal.

Grrr, she still needed more training with these darn things it seemed. If she had a sword on her, she could probably have done this nice and smoothly. But she had overestimated what she were able to do here, and now had to reevaluate how to go at this whole thing. Or just go in for another strike. That were likely the real end game here.

Sadly, before she got the chance, something happened that she weren't counting on.

There was the sound of someone teleporting in near the door, and the vampire griffon retreated a bit to reevaluate the new threat. "The foals are out, lets get you out too." he ran to get close to Null as the griffon started his approach, it was obvious when Arcade touched her that he was going to try to teleport them both out, but due to Null's curse he couldn't teleport either of them so close to her. Instead he pushed Null towards the door, "Run, I'll be right behind you."

Null got pushed a bit, but not too far away, and she certainly wasn't going to just run off. This idiot were not going to end up having his blood on her conscious too, just because he wanted to play a hero, after finding out that he couldn't use his little tricks near her.

So instead she started to charge in, readying the bat in a way so that the broken off, sorta sharp part were going to be the thing she tried to hammer the creature with this time, so she'd have less stuck nails, and more of a nice, satisfying thunk going. Perhaps even a noisy crunching sound if she got lucky, and crushed some bone. It were all in the swing really, and how well the strike would align with what were planned.

The griffon wouldn't start drinking from Arcade while Null still presented a threat, and so would charge after Null as well. 'I sense a very old, dark, magic here.' Nine chimed in as the griffon approached.

"NOOO!"

Null didn't get there in time to save him. Arcade would go in, and get himself killed like a bloody idiot, leaving her to watch the blood drain from his lifeless corpse, and the griffon towering over it's lunch, before turning to go towards her. It wouldn't get far though, as she were almost there, a tear feeling like it were burning the way down her left eye socket, and with a fury in her heart that felt like it were trying to melt the frost engulfing her spirit away. It wouldn't, obviously, but it were just a figure of speech, so to speak.

Not that she were focused on that, as much as just getting in close, and jump up, bat held high and aimed to slam down, crushing the griffon's skull. Wouldn't be much left there if it were up to her, and right now, she were too furious to focus on anything else than smashing this one into something a small, beaten up cube made entirely of pain, for killing someone that she both hated and missed, as he seemed like he were worth more than getting killed for someone who wasn't worth dying for.

Suddenly there was a pop of dark magic, and an identical Arcade appeared not far from where his dead body lay. 'Well, that's new.'

The two of them were now flanking the griffon.

Null did not notice that Arcade had come back to life somehow. In her current state of mind, she were tunnel-visioned on the griffon, with the want to smash it to pieces fueling her anger. If it bashed her aside, she'd get up, and continue attacking, even if it started to her her rather hard. Long as she could move properly, she'd be trying to destroy this thing.

Berserker moods like this were useful at some times, for some beings. Right now though, and with one of Null's size? Potentially not so much, though if it got bad, Nine were likely to *correct* that. He had proven to be able to affect her before, so this should not be outside of his capabilities, if he so thought it necessary.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

The griffon didn't stand a chance against Null's rage and Arcade's occasional magic bolt keeping it distracted. Nine was able to subtly guide Null's rage to be the most productive possible, and in the end the griffon was left with a thoroughly beaten head, and a large piece of the bat lodged in it's chest. The griffon dead, Arcade took a bit to breathe before the growing noise of the approaching danger stirred him back to movement.

Arcade would expertly grapple Null, holding her in such a way that she couldn't strike with her wings or forelimbs and so he could speak into her ear, "Calm, we need to move. You need to get Elef so we can all get out."

(If Null struggles hard enough in Arcade's grasp)

Arcade would struggle to contain the fiery mare, and the bladed wings would cut his throat, leaving another Arcade corpse on the floor, and a few moments later another Arcade in the room, who would wait for her to calm normally before leading the way. "You done? let's move."

(If Null relaxes in Arcade's grasp)

As soon as Null seemed to come to her senses Arcade would release her and start pulling her along to the exit, "Lets move, we can close the tunnel on our way out.". The noises would be upon them soon if they waited too long.

@Illiad Easle

At this point, the bat would just have to end up being thrown out, whilst she worked on a new one, because one enemy in, and it were already starting to fall apart. What wouldn't happen then, if she started to go against something with a thicker skull, like a minotaur? Or a dragon for that matter? This toothpick wouldn't make a dent.

Seeing as the griffon were down, and clearly dead, Null would start to heave heavily, as she calmed down a little by little, seeing as the target of her fury weren't moving anymore, and with the red fog away from her eyes, so to speak, she could start to get a look of her work. Which weren't the prettiest sight ever, but she didn't care. This creature had deserved it, and it wasn't like killing it for good wasn't the kind thing to do anyway, both to itself, and to its further victims.

There were still more enemies approaching though, that sound got through to her nice and clear. So she refocused here gaze and that path, and gritted her teeth. This was far from over.

11 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Arcade would expertly grapple Null, holding her in such a way that she couldn't strike with her wings or forelimbs and so he could speak into her ear, "Calm, we need to move. You need to get Elef so we can all get out."

Thankfully for Arcade, Null had calmed down enough that her response wasn't *kill* but rather, *tear away and prepare to hit*. So whilst she tensed up, and would do hers to pull away from him, she wouldn't outright struggle in a way that for example, included her wings. And when she turned her head enough to see what sorta mongrel had hold of her, she tensed up more. She frankly, almost froze in place, which would stop her from struggling in a way. At least for a few seconds, though the look on her face spoke less of joy over seeing him, and more heightened alert and a degree of fear, as she were sure that she were currently being assaulted by a ghoul, or perhaps some sort of revenant. Potentially a ghost, though definitely not a zombie. They didn't talk, in her experience. And no, liches did not count as zombies.

11 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

As soon as Null seemed to come to her senses Arcade would release her and start pulling her along to the exit, "Lets move, we can close the tunnel on our way out.". The noises would be upon them soon if they waited too long.

"What the- You're dead! What sorta game is this? Are you a ghost? Is this... It's all an illusion, isn't it? That's the only answer. Ghosts aren't warm, and you're not devouring my flesh. You- You tricked me!"

She were in shock, and trying to rationalize what were going on here as she spoke, and the best she had to think off since the varied undead options started to lose credence, were that this had ll been an illusion. That whilst she had seen Arcade push her away and go up there, he must have instead teleported away without her seeing it, and had a magical projection thingie fight and die in his stead. That's the only way this were possible, because she literally saw him get killed. Tartarus by darned, she could still see the body as he more or less dragged her out of the room, in a state where she were too baffled to struggle all that much against the determined guidance, if they could call it that.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

35 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

"What the- You're dead! What sorta game is this? Are you a ghost? Is this... It's all an illusion, isn't it? That's the only answer. Ghosts aren't warm, and you're not devouring my flesh. You- You tricked me!"

Arcade held up his hooves in a placating gesture as he closed the door to the hallway behind them, "I know, I know, it's quite a bit to take in. Being a clone isn't the only reason why I'm here. You're right, I died. It wasn't pleasant, it never is, but at least it was quick enough."

He sealed the door with magic before motioning for Null to follow as he trotted over to the vent that led to the tunnel to the surface. "The researchers called it regenerative immortality. The way I see it, I was dealt such a run of bad luck at birth some deity took pity and countered my accursed bad luck with the inability to die permanently. When I die I get a new body a few moments later, as such I don't have much of a self preservation instinct."

Once they got to the tunnel he motioned for Null to lead the way, "Not like I'm the only strange one here though, when I tried to teleport us I could feel the energy get drained away. That's quite the abnormality."

@Illiad Easle

On 7/6/2020 at 9:57 PM, Illiad Easle said:

Once they got to the tunnel he motioned for Null to lead the way, "Not like I'm the only strange one here though, when I tried to teleport us I could feel the energy get drained away. That's quite the abnormality."

Arcade would find that as he motioned for the mostly frazzled Null to lead the way now, that she had managed to get out of the confused state she had been in. Or well, more accurately, she were still heavily confused about what sorta weird thing Arcade were - that she were right about clones did not make it any more sensible - and had about twenty questions just off the top of her head, about what were going on with him, and the others. Yet she were more in control of herself, rather than just somepony you could move along as her brain more or less had an error message blast through it. And as such, she would do the first thing that she thought of when the explanations started to get to an end: She'd grab Arcade by the neck, and drag him in so close, that her eyeballs were nearly touching his, making it impossible for him to miss the furious gaze, that were burning in her eyes.

"Never - EVER - try and do that again, do you hear me?! I don't care if you think some deity actually cares enough about a mortal to keep them alive, for any reason other than their own fun, but I will Not have your blood on my hooves, when they stop holding a hoof over you. Am I clear?!"

Her other hoof were risen, shaking, as it took all her will power not to hit him right in the face. She were angry with him, yet from the tear forming at the side of her right eye, it should be somewhat clear that it wasn't as simple as her just thinking his action to be annoying. It actually hurt her to see him die before, but it were easier to direct her hatred at him for this. It saved her from thinking over Why this hurt her.

Pushing him back a little as she let him go, she'd turn away, and start walking down the path, to guide them forwards. If this were the tunnel she had gotten down here in before, she wouldn't lead them towards the surface though, but down towards the path where the colt were waiting for her. She didn't care if she had to fight whatever had neared before to get there. She were not intending on leaving him, if she could help it.

If this were a path she did not know, she would simply wander quickly along it, wanting to find familiar grounds, or get to whomever he had mentioned before. Whatever got her to get Little out of here the fastest, now that the monsters had breached through.

"If you want to sacrifice yourself, do it for someone who deserves it..."

She were half-mumbling it, but he should still be able to hear this, before she rose her voice up and started to speak more audibly.

"And you wanna know why your little trick didn't work? It's because I'm cursed. Magic doesn't work anywhere near me, and no, that's not a blessing. This world doesn't welcome those who tears apart their precious little spells."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"Never - EVER - try and do that again, do you hear me?! I don't care if you think some deity actually cares enough about a mortal to keep them alive, for any reason other than their own fun, but I will Not have your blood on my hooves, when they stop holding a hoof over you. Am I clear?!"

Arcade wouldn't try to escape her grip, but rather use it as leverage when he pushed back, his eyes glowing with his own fire, "No. I'm done letting others tell me How, When, Where, or Why use MY ability. You think you have any say in the matter? Before Gemini came along they killed me for sport, used me in dangerous experiments because I was so easily expendable. I've been beaten to death, burned and buried alive, drowned, dissolved, mutilated, eaten whole and torn to shreds. And don't get me started on what they did to me during the experiments."

He shuddered, letting go of Null's hoof so she could let him go, "I'll be the one who decides where and when I die now, no one else. As much as I appreciate your help don't think for a moment it gives you any sort of authority over me. I saw your scar," he pointed to a faint line at the base of her neck, just under her hairline, he lifted his mane to show he had the same, "You were in a facility once too, don't become them. Now," he sighed, the fire having gone out of him, "Can we get going? I've died here enough times already."

(Feel free to continue their conversation, or simply move on.)

"And you wanna know why your little trick didn't work? It's because I'm cursed. Magic doesn't work anywhere near me, and no, that's not a blessing. This world doesn't welcome those who tears apart their precious little spells."

Arcade looked a bit intrigued by the explanation, "Hmm, there might be something I'd like to try in regards to that, maybe later though."

When they got to the cavern where Null had left Little they'd find that, while the blood was still on the ground, the body was nowhere to be seen, a thin trail of the blood led to one of the holes through which running water could be heard.

In the meantime Arcade would look about, "I suppose it makes sense, Elef usually came here to catch rats and other creatures that come in occasionally."

Little would wait for Null to call before poking out from behind one of the stalactites and gliding down.

@Illiad Easle

On 7/9/2020 at 12:51 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"No. I'm done letting others tell me How, When, Where, or Why use MY ability. You think you have any say in the matter? Before Gemini came along they killed me for sport, used me in dangerous experiments because I was so easily expendable. I've been beaten to death, burned and buried alive, drowned, dissolved, mutilated, eaten whole and torn to shreds. And don't get me started on what they did to me during the experiments."

She weren't standing down from her point, nor her stance, as he listed off what ways he had been used for his ability, and experimented on. It'd be something to think on eventually, once there were time for it, and the steam had gotten out of her system somewhat though. After all, it would hit several points that she were very familiar with, including being seen as a mere test subject, for a curse that had befallen yo, which seemed to be a never-ending nightmare, even if others might see it as a blessing. Much like Arcade likely had, Null too had been met with those who claimed that her abilities were a boon, as well as those who wanted to take advantage of it. Sometimes those two were the same, though either way, she hated them. They only saw all the ways to use it, and never the pain and suffering it were to live with the backside of that medal.

"I'll be the one who decides where and when I die now, no one else. As much as I appreciate your help don't think for a moment it gives you any sort of authority over me. I saw your scar," he pointed to a faint line at the base of her neck, just under her hairline, he lifted his mane to show he had the same, "You were in a facility once too, don't become them. Now," he sighed, the fire having gone out of him, "Can we get going? I've died here enough times already."

"I am Nothing like them. They ruined my life, and they got what they deserved for that, and for everyone else they kidnapped and tortured."

She nearly growled this before moving on further down the path, not having it in her to face Arcade as she said this, as otherwise, she knew she'd start yelling about this in more details than she already had. And she really wasn't in the mood for a shouting match with the immortal clone stallion.

When they got to the cavern where Null had left Little they'd find that, while the blood was still on the ground, the body was nowhere to be seen, a thin trail of the blood led to one of the holes through which running water could be heard.

In the meantime Arcade would look about, "I suppose it makes sense, Elef usually came here to catch rats and other creatures that come in occasionally."

Null barely listened to what he were saying, and instead started to make a string of... Colorful curse words, which were more befitting a sailor than some regular pony. Which were also where she had learned it, in fact. Mercenary ship with minotaurs on it had taught her some valuable things. Cursing in interesting ways were one of them, as were the value of keeping her neck down, do as she were told, and enjoy the small things in life. Such as poisoning their meals, and learning how much force it would take for a minotaur horn to break, and become a semi-useful lock-pick and dagger. Among other things.

"- with a screwdriver! I wanted her buried.

*sigh* Have to be a memorial then. Little! If you're still here, come on. We have to go."

Little would wait for Null to call before poking out from behind one of the stalactites and gliding down.

"At least you're here. Come on, we have to get out before I cleanse out this place. The rest of the cl- Foals, are already out."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Arcade had an interesting expression throughout and a bit after Null's tirade, but didn't comment on it.

Little looked pretty upset, likely in no small part to Null's tirade and its relation to Rare's missing body, but also simply remained quiet.

17 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

"At least you're here. Come on, we have to get out before I cleanse out this place. The rest of the cl- Foals, are already out."

Little nodded, "I heard them go by, I wanted to join them but you told me to stay."

Assuming Null would take the lead for their path back Little would follow first with Arcade behind, once they had crossed the threshold of the T that Null had originally encountered, and once Null was far enough away, he restored the enchantment that she had unknowingly drained when she had first entered the tunnel, "They won't be able to follow us now, won't be able to find the hole, but I'll collapse the tunnel once we're out for good measure."

Once they exited the tunnel they were greeted by the rising sun, the rest of the young ponies, and those Null had arrived with. Dove looked relieved when Null came out, while Branch and the other guards looked only slightly less annoyed. Branch and Dove came over to talk to Null and Arcade as Little rejoined the other young ones, Branch spoke first: "I called in to Troy what we found, since we're so close to New Pegas they authorized us to send back one of the walkers, some of the guards, and our leftover supplies back with these foals. They'll get a resupply group out to us shortly after we arrive in New Pegas." Branch sighed, "It's not optimal, but saving a bunch of foals isn't exactly something we thought we'd do on this trip."

Arcade spoke up, "If it's all the same to you, I'd like to join you on your journey to New Pegas."

Branch looked surprised, "A young pony like you? You're not much bigger than Event here and frankly I'm hesitant to not send her back with the foals." 

Dove interjected before Arcade could get riled up, "Ma'am, he's got dwarfism, just look at his hooves. Besides, having an extra to help us will reduce the strain on the remaining guards," she turned to Null, "If Event is willing to vouch for him that is? She'd be the best judge of any of us."

The other guards were already getting the foals situated on the walker they had brought over, between the supplies they had left over and the supplies they had brought up they'd have plenty to get back to Troy provided they didn't run into issues on the way. Nine spoke up, "You should mention Little's vampirism to someone, wouldn't want it to become an issue later."

On 7/10/2020 at 11:31 PM, Illiad Easle said:

Little nodded, "I heard them go by, I wanted to join them but you told me to stay."

"Probably for the best. I get the feeling you're safer waiting until now."

Mostly because she wasn't sure what they'd do, once they figure out what he had done, and what he were, without her there to tell them to back off. Considering Arcade didn't have a reaction, he either knew and were okay with it, or didn't, and it wasn't all that obvious currently. Either way, would probably work in her advantage, as she likely had to unload the colt on someone soon, seeing as she had her own vendetta to handle in New Las Pegasus.

Thew path out of there were uneventful, though she visibly grumbled when she saw that Arcade sealed off the area down below again, and talked about collapsing the tunnel. She had honestly hoped to go down there and clean it out, as she intended. As that didn't seem to be needed though, and there were no foreseeable fight in sight once she got outside, she'd spare a thought to ask Nine to turn off the frosty heebie jeebies, since there weren't any more reason to have it going, and with her adrenaline starting to run down, it were beginning to nag her. She'd like to be able to feel the sun on her coat again.

It did varm a little - figuratively speaking - to see that the foals had all made it out alive at least, and had met up with the group she originally went with. Meant they were safe'ish (she didn't know these ponies enough to be entirely sure), and none of them had been picked off by something sprouting out the walls, or something similar. Normal ponies wouldn't have to worry about that ever happening, anywhere. Lucky little sheltered equines...

Anyway, Branch spoke up and seemed to get things on track, having already gotten word back and forth, and arranged for the foals to get back to Troy with some safety and supplies. Null were honestly impressed with the speed of this, but hey, no need to look a gift horse in the mouth, right? Be happy about the few things going right here. Especially when it included a bunch of... Well, freaks really, but whatever. Arcade and the lot of 'em would be on their way, and out of her mane, soon enou-

Arcade spoke up, "If it's all the same to you, I'd like to join you on your journey to New Pegas."

Awh dangit. Seems like she wasn't free to just go handle things without someone snooping in her business anymore, since she had a pretty good idea that he wasn't just joining up to see the town. And it frustrated her a little, that she actually felt a little glimmer of excitement over the prospect. Were she really so desperate for companionship that she'd be happy keeping anyone around who wasn't a complete haybrain? She'd ask that of herself some more now, but nope, Branch had to go and poke at something which frankly stung Null to listen to, since she were both included, and had been on the receiving end of this sort of bias before. Especially around Void, who had more often than not, been confused with being her mother, due to the size difference and familiar look.

Branch looked surprised, "A young pony like you? You're not much bigger than Event here and frankly I'm hesitant to not send her back with the foals." 

Dove interjected before Arcade could get riled up, "Ma'am, he's got dwarfism, just look at his hooves. Besides, having an extra to help us will reduce the strain on the remaining guards," she turned to Null, "If Event is willing to vouch for him that is? She'd be the best judge of any of us."

"Hey, up yo-"

She had been about to rise her voice, and looked annoyed at Branch, before she managed to cut herself off, prior to saying something she'd probably regret soon. It were just really annoying to hear this sort of judgement on another, just because he had also been *blessed* with seeing life from below everyone else. She'd likely still had done it, if Dove hadn't interjected, said something smart to diffuse things, and then asked Null directly for her opinion. Smart mare this one, she'd have to hoof that to her.

"I mean, yeah, he's affected like I am. Doesn't mean we're useless. Might notice I got into those tunnels and got up again, without being torn to shred. And might I add, I got proof I weren't just goofing around down there. Some messed up stuff lurking below."

She'd withdraw the bat, and did hers to show off to Branch that it had some broken parts, as well as *residue* from whom she had beaten into a pulp, whilst shielding the foals from the view. She weren't gonna have to hear she had given them nightmares. Y'know, in case living down there hadn't already.

That being dealt with, in a pretty kind way, far as she were concerned, Null would turn to Dove and answer her question.

"As for Arcade, I guess he can come along. Not the worst guard material I've ever seen, and we'll need the numbers, in case we cross something before we hit town. There's still a lot of open area to pass, and you're gonna need the hooves you can get to keep you safe."

She'd downplay this as best she could, but she were honestly glad that he were joining up. At least there'd be someone there she could speak with she supposed, and like she said, he weren't the worst guard material. Worst case scenario, he made for a reusable equine shield. Not a whole lot could claim that sort of title.

"You should mention Little's vampirism to someone, wouldn't want it to become an issue later."

"Yeah, I know. It's just not easy when they might just stake him out in the desert somewhere then. Hmm, maybe I can use this sight to get an idea of who can be trusted with this sort of info, actually... Hold on. Unless you have a better idea?"

She'd wait to see who were picked to go back with them, and then pick the one that seemed the least affected, provided that Nine didn't make for a better argument. In the meantime though, she'd go over to Little, and ask him to get over to her, so that they could have a somewhat private chat. Wouldn't be really private, since she couldn't take him away from here, but long as she didn't spoil anything, it'd probably be okay.

"Look kid, things ain't gonna be easy for you, but try to keep your cards close, and stay safe until you get to the main town, alright? The Consul is gonna wanna hear what went on down there, soon as he can, and you folks having been there can give him the best retelling. If they don't get you to the Consul, try and get one of the guards to say that Event Horizon said it's urgent that they hear your side of it too. That should hopefully help.

He'll understand, alright? Just tell him the truth about everything that went on, and let him know that I'll be there soon. I just gotta finish my errand first."

She tried to be as non-spoilery and calm as she could be, and hoped things would be fine here, though she had her reasons to be concerned, she'd say. Guess though, she didn't have much of a choice, but to just cross her hooves and hope for the best, until she returned. If it hadn't gone well... Something told her that she'd have someone to pass some harsh judgement upon. And it wasn't gonna be Little.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Branch was surprised by Null's outburst, and stepped back in revulsion at the remains of and on her bat, "Alright, point made, stars..."

"As for Arcade, I guess he can come along. Not the worst guard material I've ever seen, and we'll need the numbers, in case we cross something before we hit town. There's still a lot of open area to pass, and you're gonna need the hooves you can get to keep you safe."

Arcade looked appreciative of her vouching for him, and Branch and Dove seemed to agree with her sentiment, "Alright, you can come along then, try not to get yourself killed."

Arcade nodded, "Always."

"Yeah, I know. It's just not easy when they might just stake him out in the desert somewhere then. Hmm, maybe I can use this sight to get an idea of who can be trusted with this sort of info, actually... Hold on. Unless you have a better idea?"

Nine shook his head, "That sounds reasonable, I'll point one out to you once it's clear."

"Look kid, things ain't gonna be easy for you, but try to keep your cards close, and stay safe until you get to the main town, alright? The Consul is gonna wanna hear what went on down there, soon as he can, and you folks having been there can give him the best retelling. If they don't get you to the Consul, try and get one of the guards to say that Event Horizon said it's urgent that they hear your side of it too. That should hopefully help.

He'll understand, alright? Just tell him the truth about everything that went on, and let him know that I'll be there soon. I just gotta finish my errand first."

She was able to pull him a short distance from the others, which wasn't hard as he was already distancing himself without prompting. He nodded with a bit of hope at her explanation, "Will do Miss."

Nine spoke up, "That guard there, the thestral, she'll take care of him, she's suffered from vampirism too." If Null asked how Nine could tell, given she bore no obvious signs of vampirism, "It's something I retained from Luna called 'The List'. I can see what they've done before, things that have already been repaid."

Before she could go over to the thestral guard Arcade would come over to bid farewell to the foals, who would each embrace him before letting him leave, "I've got to help this mare who helped us now, you'll be safe with these guards. Make a spot for me wherever you end up, I'll be back with you before you know it."

Once he had farewelled the foals he came over to Null, a bit of a nervous but apologetic look on his face, "Look, I really appreciate what you did back there, if it weren't for you we'd likely have all died down there eventually. I'm sorry for blowing up on you back there, but anyone willing to come to the aid of the defenseless is someone worth dying for."

[Troy]

There would be a knock on the door of wherever Void was, opening it would reveal Selena who would immediately hold up a hoof, "No, I'm not here about Mercy, this is a wholly tangential affair!" Provided Void allowed her to continue, "Your sister found a bunch of young ponies in an abandoned facility and they're being sent here. I was hoping that you'd be willing to help with them? Vale and Pen would be there to help as well, but I thought having someone who'd gone through similar experiences would be helpful to them."