Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

In Costume

Lord Valtasar

Nightmare Night is here. but not everypony has decided their costume yet, so it's up to us to help them do it, lets design some costumes for our favorite characters and OCs

For this event you have to draw a Nightmare Night costume for somepony, or just post some costumes you find so that people can check them and pick one for their pic, and don't forget to wear one yourselves, something appropriate for trick or treating that will come later
(make sure to mention it if you drew it yourselves to earn the art badge)
you have till nightmare night is over, good luck

• Brohoof 3

• The topic was featured

@Trix or Treat?

I'm not a drawer, so I won't be going for any badge here that requires me to make something. (That's what the Trivia events are for) I can request a costume, but "making" one? I sadly have no skill.

Still, as for my costume for when it's trick or treat time, well, would it be alright if Changeling Will Guide "shapeshifts" into something? I could work with making that kind of "costume"

Until I get an answer, I plan to have this represent my default costume:

5985e37bbb22a_ChangelinginaSpikeCostume.jpg.b679612e66a38444d35cbf06938d7418.thumb.jpg.7ff6d11df2bb09b51ed99dc80a89bfde.jpg

Edited by Will Guide
Mention
  • Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

@Trix or Treat?

I'm not a drawer, so I won't be going for any badge here that requires me to make something. (That's what the Trivia events are for) I can request a costume, but "making" one? I sadly have no skill.

Still, as for my costume for when it's trick or treat time, well, would it be alright if Changeling Will Guide "shapeshifts" into something? I could work with making that kind of "costume"

Until I get an answer, I plan to have this represent my default costume:

5985e37bbb22a_ChangelinginaSpikeCostume.jpg.b679612e66a38444d35cbf06938d7418.thumb.jpg.7ff6d11df2bb09b51ed99dc80a89bfde.jpg

of course, you can have any character in costume, it's just something to get us in the nightmare night spirit, the only rules are the standard Forum rules about NSFW

3 minutes ago, Amanita said:

I’m either having Amanita dress up as a bunny or a cat, can’t decide which I like better...

both sound great, when i can't decide on something i usually just ask someone "1 or 2?" witout telling them what each represents

22 hours ago, Trix or Treat? said:

For this event you have to draw a Nightmare Night costume for somepony, or just post some costumes you find so that people can check them and pick one for their pic, and don't forget to wear one yourselves, something appropriate for trick or treating that will come later
(make sure to mention it if you drew it yourselves to earn the art badge)
you have till nightmare night is over, good luck

Does it count that I have drawn a costume for myself? (in my avatar)

1 hour ago, Bas said:

Too bad I can't draw and don't have a OC either. :/

it doesn't have to be an OC, you can post any character dressed for nightmare night

9 hours ago, Bas said:

Uh; do I have to create the image or can I just grab something from the net?

both are ok, only if you draw one will you get the artist badge though

5 hours ago, megisawsm417 said:

Well, I drew my OC in a batpony costume, which is now my avatar, does that count?

of course

I just made some light alterations to my avatar. Lost a little too much weight and skipped today's spa treatment (the horror!). But we must all make sacrifices mustn't we? :mlp_rarity:

Not shootin' for a badge on this one, just havin' fun. :darling:

Edited by Cryptbiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

I don't have the art for two reasons:

1. I kept all the commissions and art requests in my profile in the Other section, which has been gone for months. I can't find the links, they're too far back

2. No one has ever actually drawn the costume 100% correctly either way.

Lektra is dressed as Princess Twilight who herself is dressed as Star Swirl, and it looks like it was built out of metal instead of sewn. Sparky is dressed as Spike, who himself was dressed as another dragon

I hope this counts. I really did lose over 50 links with no backup :(

Edited by Lektra Bolt

I technically have two images for this, but I'm gonna use this one. (It's technically not a costume; Pinkie Pie is stuck like this.)

mlpfim_kirin_pie_and_maud.thumb.png.8f5ef8fb2721bad50cdfb7fc53e09f39.png

Additional context:

Spoiler

mlpfim_kirin_pie_sad_pinkie.png

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

4 hours ago, Bas said:

@Ganaram Inukshuk I don't get it. Did she dress like an Aborigine?

The story I had behind my image is that... (spoilers)

Spoiler

Pinkie Pie got turned into a kirin (this hasn't been observed to happen in the show, but that hasn't stopped me from drawing it out anyway) and since she messed up the undo ritual, she's stuck like that; since Nightmare Night is upcoming, her being a kirin is being mistaken for a really elaborate costume.