Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the funniest MLP episode?

Passion Page

Yes, that Luna Eclipsed scene is pretty hilarious. I also like Twilight's frustration at nopony knowing who she's dressed up as. And the idea of Spike wearing a dragon outfit is funny too.

Over A Barrel has some hilarious moments, especially the Sheriff and Chief's reaction to Pinkie Pie's song. Another good Pinkie moment is her workout scene in A Friend in Deed. And she does lots of funny things in Pinkie Pride, my personal favourite being a particular conversation with Cheese Sandwich: "I have a Pinkie Sense"/"Yes, I sensed you did".

Pinkie's sister Maud is probably the most consistently funny character in the show. Almost every line she says is funny. "It's crunchy", "he was hiding in my pocket", "I threw it", "I'm not really into winning", "they're all about rocks". If she said it, it's funny.

The Return of Harmony not only has lots of Discord, but probably Twilight's funniest line in the whole series: "Spike, you're the new Rainbow Dash." I'm giggling now, just remembering it.

Sweetie Belle's cooking in Sisterhooves Social is great. And while on the topic of the CMC, pretty much all of The Showstoppers is funny, as is Apple Bloom trying to cope with all her talents in The Cutie Pox. Lots of funny CMC moments in One Bad Seed too, from the club house "thinking spot" to Rarity's emergency edible boots.

Funniest line in the entire series is in Hearts and Hooves Day — "Um, girls, can you explain why it looks like I'm getting married at the bottom of a pit?" — and that episode provides plenty of other laughs too.

Funniest line in a song has to be from Magical Mystery Cure: "Lookie here at what I made. I think that it's a dress." Applejack isn't usually one for making jokes, but that line cracks me up. Also her interrogation of Big Mac in Filli Vanilli is hilarious.

Flight to the Finish, I'm not a big fan of as an episode. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon are usually portrayed as mildly irritating teasers, but in this episode they get pretty nasty. When considering who they are as ponies, I usually just pretend this episode doesn't exist. But there is one great line from them when they're discussing how to stop the CMC: "But how? We already called them blank flanks." The ultimate one trick ponies!

• Brohoof 1

For me "Putting your hoof down" was a really funny episode. I just found Iron Will to be so funny because there were references there that I understood  :lol:

Feeling Pinkie Keen: All the slapstick.

A Dog and Pony Show: I thought Spike's fantasy sequence was hilarious.

It's About Time: Some of the dialogue is hilarious.

Too Many Pinkie Pies: The zaniness of it all.

Pinkie Pride: Do I need to explain?

Testing Testing 123: All the jokes hit bull's eyes.

• Brohoof 2

Mmmmstery on the Friendship Express for Pinkie Pie's ridiculous conclusions about who ate the cake. A Dog and Pony Show for Rarity's "whining" and Spikes fantasy sequence. And pretty much the entire episode of Lesson Zero.

@Rachychu, there was already a topic in existence for discussing funniest MLP episodes so I merged yours into it.

In the future please use the search feature to make sure a topic doesn't already exist before posting it.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I seem to be more into physical comedy/ slapstick than most fans, so I'll go w Feeling Pinkie Keen.  I liked Bridle Gossip but didn't think it was funny (although Flutterguy was a hoot).

Still the scene in Dog & Pony Show where R says "That's not whining, that's complaining.  This is whining!" is hilarious as is the scene in Winter Wrap Up where T sticks her head in the snake's nest.

- It's About Time: I thought Twilight looked funny in it and the fact that she got worked up about the future made it funny.

- Inspiration Manifestation: I thought Rarity crying and eating ice cream and chocolates was funny and the fact that Rarity went crazy and changed Ponyville and saying "I'm so excited, I'm so excited" was also funny. Not to mention Spike eating a book.

"Maud Pie" and "Trade Ya" were funny episodes.  Pretty sure I cracked up the first time I saw this:

And it has delighted me ever since. x3

Either my memory is failing me or i must not have paid attention to that one moment. So what was she trading for?

(edited)

The episode with Maud cracks me up as well as the episode is season 4 where rainbow dash and applejack go to the castle of the two sisters to see who the most daring pony is.

Edited by Seeker Dragonheart

I think Hearth's Warming Eve was the funniest one. Pinkie as Chancellor Puddinghead and AJ as Smart Cookie had some great moments of insanity and utter deadpan.

(edited)

Feeling Pinkie keen, Party of one, Lesson zero, The last roundup, Too many Pinkie Pies and Pinkie Pride are all very funny episodes  :lol:

Edited by Elchar

I liked all of the slapstick moments in "Green Isn't Your Color" as Twilight tried desperately NOT to blurt out the secrets intrusted to her by Rarity and Fluttershy. Twilight sticking her head in the dirt of a potted plant, and Twilight packing her mouth full of vegetables had me laughing out loud. Oh, and who could forget Pinkie Pie aggressively eating an apple at Twilight, or hiding in a basket of sponges?

"FOREVER!" 

• Brohoof 2

I still think Bridle Gossip probably keeps this honor after so long, but Applebuck Season, Feeling Pinkie Keen, Lesson Zero, Putting Your Hoof Down, Ponyville Confidential, Too Many Pinkie Pies, and Maud Pie are definitely up there.

• Brohoof 2

Goody! A recently bumped topic, and one for which I have a keen fondness!

Simple Ways is pretty darn FUNNEIGH. Rarity has to be my favorite pony for sporadic gut wrenching lulz (as opposed to the near constant giggles induced by Pinkie Pie). Of course, pretty much every episode (minus the ones that are purely for the feels, just the feels, and nothing but the feels - e.g. Magical Mystery Cure) has it's profoundly humorous moments. However, I would have to maintain that the funniest episode is Applebuck Season. "I'm High. Lets make muffins!" -said absolutely nopony ever