Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Luna's hair

ManaMinori

Perhaps it's sleep deprivation that gets me thinking about topics like this, but has anyone wondered why it is that ponies don't suddenly combust when around Luna? There are literal super heated balls of space gas and plasma in her mane! And does she always smell like burnt hair from the stars in there? How hot do you guys think her hair is?

2 minutes ago, R.D.Dash said:

Her hair is a hologram, I don't know you are kind of overthinking it.

Its not really a 'hologram', its more an extention of her magic. Same with Celestia. When they gave their magic to Twilight, their mane's stopped moving.

Not sure why Cadance's and Twilight's mane's dont do that, maybe its age or their control of magic

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Spartan said:

Not sure why Cadance's and Twilight's mane's dont do that, maybe its age or their control of magic

Paraphrasing Starlight Glimmer: They're not 'Princess' princesses.

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Perhaps it's sleep deprivation that gets me thinking about topics like this, but has anyone wondered why it is that ponies don't suddenly combust when around Luna? There are literal super heated balls of space gas and plasma in her mane! And does she always smell like burnt hair from the stars in there? How hot do you guys think her hair is?

Do you know how big those super heated space balls of plasma and gas are? If that's what was actually in her mane, that much mass packed into such a tiny space you would end up with black holes.

1 hour ago, Midnight Solace said:

I thought as the two most powerful princesses, they both have wavy hair because of the amount of magic they possess. It's also possible that this effect only applies for naturally born Alicorns.

who said anything about the waviness of the hair? I didn't

• 1 year later...