Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Predictions/Hopes for Smash Ultimate DLC Characters

PoisonClaw

Nonetheless, it is pretty up in the air, but my predictions are based on two things: That they'll be unique and that Nintendo are picking the characters from what I've heard.

My personal predictions:

• Geno/Sephiroth
  • Rabbid Mario/Rayman
  • Bandana Dee
  • Banjo and Kazooie

Who I want (otherwise):

• Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV)
  • Shantae
  • Rabbid Luigi
  • Birdo
  • Waluigi (not for the memes)
  • Vincent Valentine
  • Skull Kid

Who I DON'T want:

• Goku
  • Sora 
  • Minecraft Steve
  • Sans
Edited by Santa Barik
  • Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Will Guide said:

The creator flat out said no characters that originated outside of video games (such as Spongebob or Goku) have a chance to be official fighters for obvious reasons.

"Lucario first appeared as a central character in the film Pokémon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, and later appeared in the video games Pokémon Diamond and Pearl and subsequent sequels, also appearing in various merchandise, spin-off titles and animated and printed adaptations of the franchise."

Edited by Slasher Panzy

17 hours ago, This Whomps said:

Sometimes I can't tell whether people are genuinely serious or trolling when they request those two, but whatever the case I'm sick of people trying to push this shit, it's not funny or cool, and is either terrible or just straight up stupid

It's gotten to the point where I actually want Goku to make it into the game, but not the one they are thinking about.

I would find it pretty funny if after years of asking for Goku to make it into Smash, we get the one from the Famicom Mukashibanashi: Yūyūki as a playable fighter instead of the one from Dragon Ball Z.  Which would mean that while we would technically get Goku in Smash, it wouldn't be the Goku anyone actually suggested.  

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

39 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Me forgets another character I’d LOVE getting into Smash :muffins:. Someone with this AWESOME theme

Hide contents

If only. But hey, we got Ridley and Dark Samus so I'm content.

23 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

He’s still a character originating from a franchise whose source material are videogames 

Not to mention, Lucario is still a full fledged Nintendo character. Hell even Captain freaking N has a better shot than Goku

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Celli said:

If only. But hey, we got Ridley and Dark Samus so I'm content.

The Cunning God of Death is the shit, but Dark Samus is rather disappointing. Why they didn’t give her an assist trophy attack or two from Smash 4 :dry:? Still Rundas is a no brainer, as his ice attacks could add to the roster, as there aren’t many of those last time I’ve checked :huh:

4 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

The Cunning God of Death is the shit, but Dark Samus is rather disappointing. Why they didn’t give her an assist trophy attack or two from Smash 4 :dry:? Still Rundas is a no brainer, as his ice attacks could add to the roster, as there aren’t many of those last time I’ve checked :huh:

Cunning god of death? :laugh:

Also Rundas was a one off character in Prime 3 and I'm not sure he'd be added. Dark Samus was a recurring villain and the primary antagonist of prime 2 and 3 so she makes sense. Ridley was the best addition imo though since he's the biggest Metroid villain.  

9 minutes ago, Celli said:

Cunning god of death? :laugh:

Also Rundas was a one off character in Prime 3 and I'm not sure he'd be added. Dark Samus was a recurring villain and the primary antagonist of prime 2 and 3 so she makes sense. Ridley was the best addition imo though since he's the biggest Metroid villain.  

Ridley was given that tittle in a Japanese Metroid Zero Mission website if I’m not mistaken, plus in Punch Out’s Boxing Ring stage, the screen in the background gives tittles to each on-stage fighter. Ridley’s precisely that I mentioned earlier. Quite fitting for the most violent, yet intelligent Nintendo villain. 

I wouldn’t sell out Rundas that much. He remains one of the most popular side characters in the franchise, plus the criteria of playable characters is getting lax by the time (I mean, Duck Hunt, a random mook, and a character who never appeared in a Nintendo game so far. Hell, Cloud at least appeared in a spin-off or two :mlp_icwudt:)

4 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Ridley was given that tittle in a Japanese Metroid Zero Mission website if I’m not mistaken, plus in Punch Out’s Boxing Ring stage, the screen in the background gives tittles to each on-stage fighter. Ridley’s precisely that I mentioned earlier. Quite fitting for the most violent, yet intelligent Nintendo villain. 

I wouldn’t sell out Rundas that much. He remains one of the most popular side characters in the franchise, plus the criteria of playable characters is getting lax by the time (I mean, Duck Hunt, a random mook, and a character who never appeared in a Nintendo game so far. Hell, Cloud at least appeared in a spin-off or two :mlp_icwudt:)

True, he has been destroyed and came back because he can regenerate. And he's intelligent unlike the rest of his space pirates.

And perhaps.

I think Stylux would be a great Metroid addition, especially given that Nintendo seems to have big plans for him

Edited by This Whomps
  • Brohoof 1

29 minutes ago, This Whomps said:

I think Stylux would be a great Metroid addition, especially given that Nintendo seems to have big plans for him

The Prime Hunters erm..... hunters, were underwhelming in-gameplay despite their interesting backstories, so I don't see Silux making it in the roster before Prime 4, which may well be in the next release of Smash. 

Speaking of the hunters? Why is Silux getting more attention as a future nemesis for Samus? He has peeves with her by association with the Galactic Federation, while Weavel's condition was directly caused by her :mlp_huh:

27 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

The Prime Hunters erm..... hunters, were underwhelming in-gameplay despite their interesting backstories, so I don't see Silux making it in the roster before Prime 4, which may well be in the next release of Smash. 

Speaking of the hunters? Why is Silux getting more attention as a future nemesis for Samus? He has peeves with her by association with the Galactic Federation, while Weavel's condition was directly caused by her :mlp_huh:

They kept him alive and had him follow Samus’s ship at the end of Prime 3. Not to mention Nintendo said that he’ll have a big role in a future game 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Slasher Panzy said:

"Lucario first appeared as a central character in the film Pokémon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, and later appeared in the video games Pokémon Diamond and Pearl and subsequent sequels, also appearing in various merchandise, spin-off titles and animated and printed adaptations of the franchise."

Saying that Lucario is not a video game character in origin because of that is like saying that Roy is a character of Super Smash Bros Melee origin instead of Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade origin. You're taking promotional material for the game where the character is introduced and acting like that is their first main appearance. It's silly. Don't do that.

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, This Whomps said:

They kept him alive and had him follow Samus’s ship at the end of Prime 3. Not to mention Nintendo said that he’ll have a big role in a future game 

Some lights corresponding to each hunter got out of the Oubliette, hinting and later confirmed via word of god that every single hunter survived Gorea's attack. I'm just surprised that Silux is getting attention by the developers and not Weavel, who by backstory, Samus is to him what Ridley is to her. If you analyze, Samus is haunted by the space dragon, but she's in fact, the same hated arch eneny to another survivor of one of her onslaughts  (not that Weavel didn't deserved it, unlike her tho :dash:)

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, Bas said:

How did they get to Cloud, actually? Was there any FF7 game for Nintendo consoles?

Apart from that Symphony of the Night being PSX and Sega (?), I think Alucard would be pretty bad-ass, also considering Richter is already in the game. Alucard even comes with BAD ASS F*****UCKING* VAMPIRE MAGIC.

Hide contents

* "Firetrucking", obviously.

Cameos in Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy spin-offs are the only thing Cloud has going for him at the moment, though FFVII itself is coming to the Switch next year

15 minutes ago, Bas said:

The remake one? Or the original PSX stuff?

The original game, or to be more accurate, the HD version currently on PS4

1 hour ago, Bas said:

How did they get to Cloud, actually? Was there any FF7 game for Nintendo consoles?

Apart from that Symphony of the Night being PSX and Sega (?), I think Alucard would be pretty bad-ass, also considering Richter is already in the game. Alucard even comes with BAD ASS F*****UCKING* VAMPIRE MAGIC.

Reveal hidden contents

* "Firetrucking", obviously.

Technically, Final Fantasy began on a Nintendo Console, with the first Final Fantasy released on the NES. My guess is they went with Cloud since he's the most popular and recognizable FF character, plus there was that announcement for the FF7 Remake that has been in development hell ever since, so you also have potential marketing there.

Alucard is already an Assist Trophy in the game. 

Well id hope for:

Shadow the hedgehog (I know hes already a assist trophy but I can dream)

Banjo-Kazooie (Microsoft might let nintendo use the character, after all third party characters are getting to smash)

Crash Bandicoot (With N sane trilogy on the switch I think we might see him some day)

Tails (If shadow is too hard to put in because of the assist trophy i'll still love to see another sonic rep)

These might seem a little far fetched but i'm still hoping these characters will get in someday

Since they said they were going for really unexpected characters, I'm hoping they add someone from the Nes/Famicom era

Circus Charlie

Spoiler

or Bomberman

Someone from the Puzzle Genre would also be pretty great like Layton or Phoenix wright

They better add Travis Touchdown. No More Heroes made the Nintendo WII interesting to own. Before it was just E-T party games and a Zelda game. Without No More Heroes, the WII U wouldnt have been made....well...probably.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

Now that we have Banjo in the game (YEET) and Terry Bogard (I legit didn't know who he was until recently...) confirmed as the fourth fighter (as well as the confirmation of even more DLC fighters than the five in the Fighter's Pass), I think discussion here could continue.

There's apparently now a list for most requested smash characters by region, and I was sort of surprised by the results:

(By sort of, I mean not entirely)

Now that I've thought about it more after watching that, here's who I WANT in the game (by how likely they are):

High Chance of Happening: Geno (Super Mario RPG), Crash Bandicoot, Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia)

Could Happen: Bandana Dee (Kirby), Shantae

Not Happening: Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV), Prinny (Disgaea, of course), Terminus/Androxus (Paladins, because why not)

I definitely DON'T want $#!+ like Minecraft Steve, Doom Guy, or ESPECIALLY NOT MASTER CHIEF. None of them belong in Smash at all... Also please, NO Tracer or really any OW character... I mean I would say Doomfist would be the best fit of the bunch, but really, just no.

Edited by Angus Delaney

It's really obvious they're choosing characters based on both their legacy in the industry as well as fan demand

Genuinely surprised Lloyd was on top on the Japan list, figured Sora would sweep all 3 territories. I like Lloyd and wouldn't be against him, but being the final package of the current Fighter Pass would be pretty underwhelming even for someone who really wants him, he's another anime swordfighter and when we already have two it just sounds too much, not to mention I don't see him getting over Tekken's Heihachi who I think does a better job representing Namco's legacy. As for who I want, I'd love Sub Zero/Scorpion and Doomguy the most, since I'd love to see more Western(well, from the US at least :p) 3rd parties appear in Smash

A while back someone made a bunch of "fighter pass 2 packs" and one literally had all of the characters I want the most

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d107751af4a670c22d2493fbd25323db.png

And I was all like "fuck this is good" then I see Jill and am all like yesssssssss

tumblr_nc08vxe0T31sibomdo2_400.gif

I'd totally be all for Jill, especially if she sports her classic, blue beret look

Spoiler

Only thing that sucks we all know if RE gets a character Capcom is gonna go with fucking Chris

10 hours ago, Angus Delaney said:

None of them belong in Smash at all

Says who? At this point just about every imaginary rule Nintendo fans have made up, Sakurai has broken. Even he sees the franchise as a celebration of gaming. Those characters you mentioned very well have a chance of showing up, and I'm gonna go ahead and say it, even Master Chief. He appears as a skin in Minecraft, and if Cloud is any indication, a small minor cameo is all you need to be to be considered. Literally the only rule Sakurai has openly stated to enforce is that they have to be video game characters

• Brohoof 1