Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would the girls be more likely to get hearing loss?

ManaMinori

A lot of musicians who are exposed to high frequencies- guitarists, drummers, even vocalists- of many bands experience premature hearing loss. Given that the humane 7 are in a band, they too are exposed to such high frequencies. Given that during these times, they tend to pony up, and horse hearing is more sensitive than human hearing, premature hearing loss could happen much faster.

These days they have special earplugs meant for performing artists that can be connected to IEM. So no, I don't believe that they would suffer hearing loss. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Jeric said:

These days they have special earplugs meant for performing artists that can be connected to IEM. So no, I don't believe that they would suffer hearing loss. 

We never see earplugs in their ears

1 hour ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

We never see earplugs in their ears

Of course we don't. Honestly we barely see their ears to begin with until they transform, and we never see their ear canal. Those plugs are discreet, and could be made even more discreet considering their skin tones ;)

I'm going to say yes, due to most of their performances being done at school, and I've recieved some damage from the speakers being turned up way too loud in the old gymnasium when I was still going. I don't think they perform often enough in big settings for it to be a real big issue, and sure they're together now and seem to be relatively popular, but that could change when they move on to college and take on the responsibilities of adulthood.

If they were to suffer from hearing loss, it could prove to be problematic in certain situations. Also, it would make things awkward which is something either the writers themselves or Hasbro would prefer avoiding. Then again, this is an animated cartoon and we've seen that particular rules aren't applied.

Ha.  That's funny.  Yeah, I'm sure they would have have hearing loss.  And in the real world, Pinkie would have type 2 diabetes.  There's probably a lot of problems they'd have in the real world.  That's why fictional characters and their worlds are so appealing--they're exempt from real problems.  :laugh: