Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you like to be immortal?

I_wesley125

234 users have voted

1. 1. would u want to live 4 ever

• Live 4 Ever
    • live a normal life
    • Stare at the moon
    • how did i get here like seriously a minute ago i was looking up cat videos

If you were presented the opportunity to be immortal, would you?

You are immune to injury and disease, the only way you can die is if you kill yourself.

You are also granted the ability to kill yourself by thought, incase you lack a means to do so.

Would you take it?

If not, what would you change in order to accept it?

• Brohoof 4

Watching all your loved ones die around you?

Slowly doing everything until life is boring and nothing can excite you?

Being tested upon so scientists can find the secret of immortality?

Then again, with all that time you could do so much for humanity. You could find a cure for cancer, spend aeons working on scientific discoveries. Or you could spend all that time going to middle school until you meet a girl named Bella and fall in love and become sparkly.

Hmm. . .immortality would be a curse, not a gift. I wouldn't like being immortal. Not at all.

• Brohoof 13

Watching all your loved ones die around you?

Slowly doing everything until life is boring and nothing can excite you?

Being tested upon so scientists can find the secret of immortality?

Then again, with all that time you could do so much for humanity. You could find a cure for cancer, spend aeons working on scientific discoveries. Or you could spend all that time going to middle school until you meet a girl named Bella and fall in love and become sparkly.

Hmm. . .immortality would be a curse, not a gift. I wouldn't like being immortal. Not at all.

You would not get tested on.

OF course i would, imagine the benefic that humanity can make out of an inmortal person, it would lear the knowlige of all eras, i would be the perfect soldire, the one who cant die; of course, it has disadvanteges, he cannot have a family since all will die and he will not.

But still i would decide to do it xD

I would take it... I would totaly take it. and that's with alot of thought put into the subject. (i guess the whole watching people die around you thing doesn't affect me, cuz I have seen amany close family and friends die, and I never cried)

If I lived forever, I could gain enough knowleg to help cure sicknesses and desises. and help people

Not particularly. Oh, there have been times when I've desired it, and the truth is that cessation of existence in its entirety does not appeal to me in the least.

But neither does living forever. As others have pointed out, I would outlive everyone around me. As a certain movie called The Man From Earth points out, I would be forced to live a transient lifestyle, a nomad in essence, should I want to avoid being caught and found out for what I am. More to the point, I can barely stand to live life as it is now, with how soul-crushing it tends to be for me. I'm not sure I'd want to prolong that suffering beyond a normal lifespan.

• Brohoof 2

If I could still kill myself then sure. Im not sure I could remain around for an eternity... It would be a curse. Just a couple of hundred years for me to build up an army and take over, and then I would pass my empire on to one of my trusted luietenants. Maybe one of you guys <3

One question though. What is the thought that could kill me? I hope its nothing simple like a word... It would be impossible not to accidentialy kill yourself.

Does this have a youth clause? I wouldn't want to age to the point of dessication.

I'd take it. It's not as though I'm stuck with it if I don't want to be, since you included the kill clause.

One question though. What is the thought that could kill me? I hope its nothing simple like a word... It would be impossible not to accidentialy kill yourself.

I'm sure you'd have to go through a physical action. Like Highlander.

• Brohoof 1

If I could still kill myself then sure. Im not sure I could remain around for an eternity... It would be a curse. Just a couple of hundred years for me to build up an army and take over, and then I would pass my empire on to one of my trusted luietenants. Maybe one of you guys <3

It would be specific, like you couldn't accidentally think it, it would need to be intentional.
  • Brohoof 1

Yes! You could study and practice enough to become god-like, plus you wouldn't really get bored because new times always bring new things to do and world is always changing. Sure seeing everyone you die would hurt a lot, but you'd get used to it, it's just a natural cycle of life, just because we die before them doesn't mean they don't die or if we die after them. Times heals all wounds, including grief.I'd definitely do as much good as I can with that gift, because hey, you have ALL the time in the world to do everything and the ability for a single person or a group to be immortal definitely would benefit the humanity greatly if their goals are good and they don't get mad with power.

If I were immortal, it would be cool just seeing the evolution of my brothers and sisters. But seeing my friends and family dissapear before my eyes would be terribel. I would have to have different lovers too, because they would eventually die. There are pros and cons to it, but personally I would like to live my life for the next 40 or 50 years I have left.

If it would allow me to be a link to a past and my memories would be preserved, for the betterment of everyone yes.

Of course it would be sad to see those you love die. But since when was death ever sincerely worse than now? You're going to experience it anyway.

Agreed. While it may be cool to live forever, you would want to eventually get your

eternal rest.

Which is why the thread says you can choose when you die at any given moment.

I think we all have a dream of having super powers, the ability to negate pain and any form of injury or disease, but outliving the rest of the world? What would that do to a person's mentality? I couldn't stand back and watch people, even those I don't even know exist, die off of say, old age or some disease because it would leave me with a lot of guilt. And it would grow to the point where I would probably kill myself, which is another thing I will always avoid. So, I would have to reject immortality because it is just too much to handle.