Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you more attracted to modest girls?

Sweet Dreams

Pretty much what the title says. Do you find modest girls more attractive? By which I mean, girls who wear little to no makeup, dresses or skirts instead of short shorts, and no crop tops?

Asking this as a girl myself, I find it kinda gross how much skin is showing on women these days, and teenagers too. I think it's a really bad example to girls, showing them what they 'should wear'. I usually dress more modestly than most other girls my age, so I was just wondering.

• Brohoof 13

If they choose to wear what they want to wear, that's their decision. I'm not really attracted to a regular girl or a modest girl depending on their clothing I focus more on their personality other than their looks or whether I'm attracted to them. It depends on the clothing that they wear, I'm okay with that.

Edited by Scootalove
  • Brohoof 5

It depends really. If a girl has a great personality yet dresses more...yeah...then I'll still give her a chance just like if a modest girl had a terrible personality. As a girl myself, I prefer girls who don't show their skin off too much, but it isn't up to me, it's the girl's choice. 

• Brohoof 1

I am currently trying to enter the dating scene, and there are a few things I am looking for in a girl. number 3 on that list is Modesty. My little saying is: "Modest is Hottest."

I'm sorry, but I really don't want to see all the cleavage/skin that you're showing me. It doesn't have to be a turtle neck (hate those) but I mean come on...make it look normal!

But yea...I know some people may find this stupid, but if a girl isn't dressed modestly, then for me, not even a candidate for my future wife.

• Brohoof 3

@@Sweet Dreams,

Funniest thing about how I work, and yeah I'm a guy haha, is when I see a girl of course I will be attracted to skin showing but that's only natural...however that is not what I find beautiful. The first thing I look at is always her face and eyes. If that gets my heart pumping, however she dresses or looks doesn't matter. If they wish to be modest, that's great...and if they wish to show a little, well so long as it makes them happy.  Personally, I think girls really shouldn't care what others think. They should wear what makes them the most comfortable and happy. No reason to go out of your way to impress someone ;) cause you'll be beautiful for being you to the right guy (or girl)

Edited by Aerodynas
  • Brohoof 5

I'm drawn to modest girls as friends, though I have some friends who are very fashion-oriented and love to show off. However, we both agree that some of the messages about dress code and body image advertised to little girls and teens are strange and contradictory. As she put it, they're supposed to be sexually available so that they can claim they get attention from boys, but not actually be having much sex - that would be slutty.

I'm not sure how true that holds for schools today, since I've been away for some time. She has a teenage sister, though, and probably hears quite a bit secondhand.

Edited by Cygnus

It depends really, I tend to like girls who are somewhat ladylike in public but a bit slutty in the bedroom. I don't mind a little bit of skin, but I think there are a lot of women who can seriously overdo it. I will admit that I used to like everything hanging out constantly but it dosen't appeal to me as much as it used partly because though I still have certain preferences personality has become more important to me and appearance less important. And with how many women are letting everything hang out it ironically makes them stand out less rather than more there really is a difference between a little bit of skin and lot of it.

• Brohoof 2

Modest girls are more attractive in my opinion. I just think they're awesome, though to be honest I never really think about what they wear.

I don't really care how people dress and honestly there is nothing wrong with wearing nice clothes but too much isn't really doing it.

Also, I think nerdy/geeky girls are the most attractive ones, just shows we all have different preferences. I don't know it's just something about modest girls that is very attractive.

• Brohoof 3

I prefer someone modest, yes. I find people that go out looking for sex and dressing as such to be very off putting.  But unfortunately nowadays, with the culture and such, it's actually very hard to find a modest and pure woman.
But modesty isn't the only thing attractive, if they have a bad personality, that would also turn someone like me away.
Of course I don't mind if someone is dirty in the head, I am too, I just hope they don't actually act out what they say. Otherwise, it's a no go for me. 
Yeah, I am one of those lame "Wait 'till marriage guys", get over it :P

So as the title says, yes, I find modest attractive, but I look for more than that. Otherwise, I would be pretty shallow.

Edited by Rainbow Dashey
  • Brohoof 1

I look less about dressing modesty and more ACTING modesty. Just because they show skin doesn't mean that aren't modest, though, it's less likely from my experience

Edited by Zekromic
  • Brohoof 5

Also, I think nerdy/geeky girls are the most attractive ones

I have really gotten to like them more and more in part because I have a strong nerdy side so you know common interests and all and some of them give off the sexy librarian vibe which is hot. If I had to say what I am most attracted to in a woman I would say that I like women who are strong and confident enough to just be themselves and not care about the arbitrary double standards that society often puts on women. I keep hearing women say things like "I am fat" or sleep with some guy thinking it will make him love and it is all just so ridiculous.

• Brohoof 1

For me Modesty is very attractive, I find very forward / crude? (bad choice of wording) girls quite unattractive.

For example, if two girls were stood in front of me, had about the same looks etc but one was perhaps a bit shy , wearing a nice dress or just your average sort of clothes and one was forward, flirty and wearing something revealing or 'naughty' I would go for the first one every time :)   

• Brohoof 1

I'd say yes the way a girl dresses to me really reflects their personality and who they are. I like girls who are honest and have a "trustworthiness" about them not ones who flaunt themselves to attract attention constantly. So yeah you could say I would prefer girls who are modest in some ways.

• Brohoof 2

If she wears sleazy clothing I'm like "That's hot, I want to play with her."

If she's dressed modest I'm like "Wow she's modest and mature. Girlfriend material."

So modesty is attractive on a deeper level while slutiness is only about primal, meaningless lust.

I'm a girl too, so I'll just state my opinion on girls who dress that way. Personally, I think it's their choice, but it makes them seem like flirts and just desperate for attention. Girls who dress modestly would clearly be more trustworthy and more 'girlfriend material' than girls who walk around in next to nothing.

I'd say yes the way a girl dresses to me really reflects their personality and who they are. I like girls who are honest and have a "trustworthiness" about them not ones who flaunt themselves to attract attention constantly. So yeah you could say I would prefer girls who are modest in some ways.

You basically took the words right out of my mouth :P

I got cheated on before... so yeah, loyalty and trustworthiness is something I put a lot of priority on when considering a woman.

You know what is something that really puts me off with a woman? Vanity. Humility is a major plus for me.

• Brohoof 1

On a base level of attraction, I'll say that it's very shallow. If you find someone attractive, you'll find them attractive no matter what they're wearing. However, when it gets into more emotional aspects of attraction, I find girls who feel the need to wear a ton of make up, or revealing clothing kinda trashy. In a prospective mate, I prefer someone who's well put-together and has a certain amount of tact which I don't associate with unreasonably revealing clothing. So I guess I could say that I am more attracted to more modest girls. Or maybe just girls who aren't trashy, lol.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I do have a preference for modest girls, actually. The more modest, the better. Makeup, high heels, lipstick, revealing clothes, and such are just unnecessary to me when it comes to girls. That isn't to say I won't be attracted at all to girls who do like to wear some of that stuff. If I am dating a girl who is not very modest, then I'll just tell them they don't need to wear all that stuff.

I try to focus more on the personality, though.

Edited by ~Zero~

As a girl myself I always wear t-shirts and sweat pants/jeans, so I hope guys like that. :P I honestly find it annoying how many girls- even 10-13 year olds- wear low cut shorts or really tight pants... It's like, come on, seriously?! You're 10, go watch nickolodean and stop liking guys urrrgh

• Brohoof 4

Pretty much what the title says. Do you find modest girls more attractive? By which I mean, girls who wear little to no makeup, dresses or skirts instead of short shorts, and no crop tops?

Asking this as a girl myself, I find it kinda gross how much skin is showing on women these days, and teenagers too. I think it's a really bad example to girls, showing them what they 'should wear'. I usually dress more modestly than most other girls my age, so I was just wondering.

I prefer someone modest, yes. I find people that go out looking for sex and dressing as such to be very off putting.  But unfortunately nowadays, with the culture and such, it's actually very hard to find a modest and pure woman.

But modesty isn't the only thing attractive, if they have a bad personality, that would also turn someone like me away.

Of course I don't mind if someone is dirty in the head, I am too, I just hope they don't actually act out what they say. Otherwise, it's a no go for me. 

Yeah, I am one of those lame "Wait 'till marriage guys", get over it :P

So as the title says, yes, I find modest attractive, but I look for more than that. Otherwise, I would be pretty shallow.

It's pretty much a combination of these two for me. I'd rather have a modest girl with a great personality than a "slutty" dressing girl with the intelligence of a stump, but that's just me. If a girl has to wear clothes that show the goods and be noticed then she more than likely has some underlying issues and a bad personality to boot.

As a girl myself I always wear t-shirts and sweat pants/jeans, so I hope guys like that.  :P I honestly find it annoying how many girls- even 10-13 year olds- wear low cut shorts or really tight pants... It's like, come on, seriously?! You're 10, go watch nickolodean and stop liking guys urrrgh

You're awesome  :fiery:

Edited by Octavia's Melody
  • Brohoof 1