Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you reboot EqG for G5?

Toon4Thought

While many are assuming this gen of Equestria Girls will last past the series for some time, I think it's safe to say it will go away by the time G5 premieres. That being said, I think it would make sense for G5 to have an EqG of its own, and I personally think that if done right, it could easily exceed G4. So I want to ask, how would you handle it?

Honestly, I probably would introduce the new Humane 6 and show them in slice of life adventures before we get our first crossover with the pony world. This would basically mean Sunset’s backstory would be kept secret for a while, possibly with the occasional hint. She would go through the same basic redemption arc, which is when the magic starts happening. But there would be more pathos to her before this point, allowing us to more want to see her turn sides.

After which, play the same basic beats as G4 – they get magical powers, some leaks contaminate their environment and a few inhabitants – but pace it in a manner that makes it seem more gradual. Don’t make everything happen at once.

And, most importantly, get a good length format going. Simply said, neither 2 minutes nor 44 is sufficient.

• Brohoof 1

The first thing I would want to change would be the format.  While I have enjoyed what we have gotten so far, I would greatly prefer having a series consisting of 11 minute or 22 minute episodes.

What I would like to see from a G5 EQG series would be a show in the same vein of something like Cardcaptor Sakura.  This would be where the series would be a magical girl series with a heavy emphasis on slice of life elements.

I would have the show start out episodic, but would gradually get elements of a larger story arc.

• Brohoof 3

Keep the "JEM meets Sailor Moon" motif, make it an actual series with full or half length episodes, none of this 1-3 minute shorts nonsense

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I like your intention. I don't know which characters will be the New Mane 6 in MLP-G5 but I hope that Sunset Shimmer will be the same concerning her personality, like in G4. So, the same pretty, Multi-talented pony turned girl. But instead of a pony who ran off Equestria to become a she demon in the human world and to have her revenge against Equestria, she just ran off out of Equestria after she felt that the way Princess Celestia is training her to become a Princess, is just a way that doesn't fit with Sunset Shimmer. As soon as she in the human world, she meets the HuMane 6 and she is learning Friendship or Sisterhood. Sunset tries not to use her magic/abilities because she wants to learn about this new world low profiled. The magic however starts when an Equestrian Pony with present magic comes from Equestria to the human world, for example Starlight Glimmer. However some nasty other ponies/characters have found this portal too and are using the advantages of this new human world to their own benefits. That will lead to clashes with the HuMane 7 + Equestrian Guests against some Equestrian Villains. Or the villains can just exist of nasty humans who tries to fight off the HuMane 7. And please let the New Equestria Girls be a series of their own. So, if the New MLP episodes will be 22 minutes, then let the New EQG also be 22 minutes. And let them co-exist next to each other with some crossovers. For example something happens in the EQG world and for the conclusion you must watch MLP or vice versa. They did something once with CSI Vegas, Miami and New York and I really loved it. That makes sense because Sunset Shimmer will have an important part in it all.

Edited by Derpy Ole
  • Brohoof 1

As a nod to the X-Men, it would be about Magic users in the human world being persecuted on the political stage.  Some in the media and the government want to see the rights of magic users be restricted in the name of safety and security.  Sunset Shimmer would be the main protagonist as she has magic similar to Charles Xavier from the X-Men.  Her goal would be to recruit other magic users and to help paint a picture for society that showcases a positive spotlight for those gifted with magic.

• 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, Dec Browne said:

Put them in their twenties.

Yea, make it more similar to the ponies. Put them in the same university. Or, they can be childhood friends who just live close to each other, even if they go to separate universities or work in different places, but hang out together pretty often.

I think the school setting is overused. Then again, it may be because I watch anime and a lot of anime that I watch involves a school :twismile:. It does not help that both the Japanese and the USA versions of the school system are somewhat different from what my school was like, so it is a bit harder to relate.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2019 at 11:50 AM, Sepul-Coloratura said:

I'd get some inspiration from the novel 'The Invisible Man' and make an invisible version of human ponies by not making it.

If G5 does it right, we won't even need EQG version of it.

So, in other words, you wouldn't.

• 6 months later...

Depends on how the G5 ponies are. If the G5 ponies have longer manes and are more stylished (like like how Princess Luna looks like), I would do the same same for Equestria Girls: Make them smaller, more stream lined, and add tattoos and stuff, to make the appeal to the audience.

I would make their heads very large too, to have more area for make up.

I am thinking like a real Hasbro! B)

• 11 months later...
On 2019-04-07 at 6:25 AM, Megas said:

Keep the "JEM meets Sailor Moon" motif, make it an actual series with full or half length episodes, none of this 1-3 minute shorts nonsense

2 years later and I still think this take is pretty fair.

Though I'd rather just have a continuation of what they had

14 hours ago, Megas said:

2 years later and I still think this take is pretty fair.

Though I'd rather just have a continuation of what they had

I'd love to see "Equestria Girls: The New Class" with Sunset Shimmer acting as Principal. 

• Brohoof 1