Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Onward, a new Pixar movie.

CastletonSnob

Set in a suburban fantasy world, Disney and Pixar’s “Onward” introduces two teenage elf brothers who embark on an extraordinary quest to discover if there is still a little magic left out there. Pixar Animation Studios’ all-new original feature film is directed by Dan Scanlon and produced by Kori Rae—the team behind “Monsters University.” “Onward” releases in theaters on March 6, 2020.

• Brohoof 2

So far I am interested in seeing in this movie.  For starters it is always nice to get a Pixar movie that isn't a sequel nowadays.  Plus I just really like Urban Fantasy, and this looks like it might be up my alley.  Plus the premise of the two brothers going on a quest to see if there is still magic left in order to get to meet their dad who died when they were younger, sounds really promising.  Overall, I feel that this movie has potential, and I hope that it turns out well.

At first Disney/Pixar movie about elves sounded bit lazy and done to death on paper, but this could actually be worth of watching. Though I'm not huge fan of how Disney uses same (voice) actors over and over again. Tom Holland and Chris Pratt, oh where oh where I have heard those names before?... :scoots: 

Still, trailer looked quite nifty. They had me at pet dragon and trash eating unicorns ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Well anything from Pixar or Disney, I'm always interested. And Unicorns.. :LunaMCM:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like the gimmick of having fantasy creatures doing mundane things like texting, mowing lawns etc. it seems like every animated movie feels the need to comment on society or something. The last good pixar movie was Up just sayin

4 minutes ago, Olly said:

I don't like the gimmick of having fantasy creatures doing mundane things like texting, mowing lawns etc. it seems like every animated movie feels the need to comment on society or something. The last good pixar movie was Up just sayin

I VEHEMENTLY disagree with that statement, but to each his own. 

2 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

I VEHEMENTLY disagree with that statement, but to each his own. 

ff.PNG.e04f6c69c1d63037d53bb1856a5c34ba.PNG

can't wait for cars 7 

It doesn’t look awful I guess but definitely not interesting either imo. There just doesn’t seem to be anything new or creative here. It doesn’t feel like Pixar to me. :ooh:And considering the quality of the past bunch of Pixar movies, I don’t exactly have high hopes. :/ 

5 minutes ago, Captain Clark said:

It doesn’t look awful I guess but definitely not interesting either imo. There just doesn’t seem to be anything new or creative here. It doesn’t feel like Pixar to me. :ooh:And considering the quality of the past bunch of Pixar movies, I don’t exactly have high hopes. :/ 

Inside Out, Coco, Toy Story 4. Yeah, I'd say we're in good hands.

Just now, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Inside Out, Coco, Toy Story 4. Yeah, I'd say we're in good hands.

I haven’t seen Coco or TS4 yet. But I personally thought Inside Out was mediocre.

I find it funny that you conveniently left out movies like Good Dinosaur, Incredibles 2, Brave, Monsters University and Cars 2 & 3 from your list. Maybe we’re not in such good hands. :P 

Just now, Captain Clark said:

I haven’t seen Coco or TS4 yet. But I personally thought Inside Out was mediocre.

I find it funny that you conveniently left out movies like Good Dinosaur, Incredibles 2, Brave, Monsters University and Cars 2 & 3 from your list. Maybe we’re not in such good hands. :P 

Well, I STRONGLY disagree with that. But again, to each his own.

45 minutes ago, Captain Clark said:

I highly recommend seeing Coco!!!  It's an excellent movie!!!!

• Brohoof 1