Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nature: Cruel, or Mindless?

heavens-champion

(edited)

Have you noticed that lots of people throughout history describe nature as some kind of dictator? If you ask me, I don't think nature really notices what's going on. In fact, I feel like it's kinda mindless. How about you guys?

Edited by heavens-champion

IMO, "cruel" is human-made concept that has little to do with the objective reality. Nature, as a sum of a number of things, just exists and has some patterns we observe and call "laws", but it all ultimately comes down to basic biology, chemistry and physics. I don't see anything cruel in this.

It is an endless cycle that has existed for billions of years. It is something beyond our labels and petty borders, and certainly it is beyond our definitions of 'cruel', it all comes down to natural law, which is something in my eyes humanity must not tamper with.

Nature is nature. It isn't governed by conscience. It's a force of the universe that is left up to mankind to tame if possible, or get out of the way of if it isn't possible to control it. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Nature is nature. It isn't governed by conscience. It's a force of the universe that is left up to mankind to tame if possible, or get out of the way of if it isn't possible to control it. 

Oh. So it's mindless.

Edited by heavens-champion

what they mean by saying nature is cruel is that cruelty is natural within humans and other animals

therefore cruelty is innate in existence, and that's why history is plagued by so much of it