Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Anyone like Shantae games by WayForward? I do!

Lektra Bolt

(edited)

Ever since I discovered this series I've literally been like

V2w

I've played every game. The first one I bought on Virtual Console due to how expensive physical copies are

I own Shantae 4 (Half Genie Hero) on both WiiU and Switch, with the Switch version being the Ultimate edition

I just really like the way she's so beautiful and strong.

It's platform action and story is spot on, funny too

Here's a news article from Nintendo Life that's got a lot of people speculating and me just foaming if it's true: 

Shantae in Smash? Nah, couldn't be right?

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

I enjoyed Pirate's Curse a lot, it's one of those games that can be enjoyed casually or for speedrunning. I haven't played any of the other games yet, but I have thought about getting Half-Genie Hero eventually. 

I really loved the art style to Pirate's Curse for some reason, hahaha

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Shantae 1 had an interesting over world, and it's the only game you could actually visit the Zombie Caravan as a town

Graphics wise, I liked Risky's Revenge and Pirate's Curse. I mean for Shantae herself

As far as art style (talking) Half Genie Hero has the best art IMHO

Story wise, Half Genie Hero has the the best story due to the higher budget. I just personally did not like how Shantae translated from pixel to modern graphics. Everything else was great, just her 3d model I did not like compared to Risky's Revenge and Pirate's Curse 

The download content adds a huge amount of replay value to the game and I still haven't finished all of it

This one thing did not detract from the game though, and I got the game twice :pinkie:

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

"Do you like the Shantae games?"

...My dude, you just opened a HUGE can of worms. I practically, absolutely LOVE the Shantae games. I'm probably the BIGGEST damn Shantae fan to ever be a part of this forum. >u>; I've even been supporting Shantae's DLC fighter inclusion for Smash since 2015, and even have a lot of Shantae fanart saved to this computer! :laugh: I've even got to encounter and take a photo with Matt Bozon during E3 2017! :P

As a final note, I'm extremely hyped for Shantae 5! And I'm still rooting for Shantae being a DLC fighter! :yay:

• 2 weeks later...

I do! My favorite Shantae game has to be Pirate's Curse and it's awesome soundtrack. I've played Risky's Revenge and Half Genie Hero and still enjoyed them. 

I've tried playing the 1st game on a handheld emulator, but it didn't seem to work right.  :huh:

Oh gosh I still haven't finished that! We have the reboot. God I really should finish the game is so good the characters cute 😍 on top of that I am learning to belly dance! So just another reason

• 2 weeks later...

I played Half-Genie hero and I loved it. I bought all the other older games that are available on Steam :D

Been playing through those as well and enjoying them and the retrofeel they bring. 

Also, looking really forward to Shantae 5 :D

I am also a HUGE fan of the music, it is great. I think Hypno Baron's Castle is my favorite for Half Genie Hero, but my overall favorite OST from the Shantae series is We Love Burning Town