Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it right to have multiple OCs if you cant decide?

Muffinnz

Yeah, I have plenty of OCs. Some are for me and some are for other people. Just pick one that represents you the most for your profile. You don’t have to represent all of them or get rid of all of them for it. Your OC needs their friends too :pistachio:

• Brohoof 2

This question implies a model that I can't quite get my head around in the first place, even though I've encountered it in roleplaying spaces before. By "OC", are you talikng about something like a "ponysona"?

Why would it be wrong? I have a stupid, crazy amount of OCs. Or are you talking about like, a Ponysona? Because I only have one Sona.

An OC is just any kind of character you create yourself.

A Sona is an OC that is supposed to be a representation of yourself.

So basically, all Sonas are OCs, but not all OCs are Sonas.

The ahuizotl in my avatar is my Sona. My Zotlsona if you will. She is just a cartoon version of me. But I have dozens and dozens of OCs that are not supposed to be me.

But even if you wanted to make multiple Sonas, there’s nothing wrong with that. It might confuse a couple people, but it’s nothing you can’t just explain to them.

• Brohoof 1

@Muffinnz

Is it right

Are you asking if it’s morally correct to use multiple OCs or if it’s okay to use multiple OCs? I’m assuming you mean the latter. The answer is yes, it’s 100% alright. There is no rule stating that you can’t create and or use various OCs. This applies to any fandom.

Picture stories like Fallout Equestria if there was such rule against multiple  OCs  :mlp_icwudt:. Go wild, make whatever number you’d like. You are not obligated to have a central OC either. Just make them and use to whatever use you see fit 

Yeah, I have tons of ocs. Now only one of them is my ponysona and the rest are other ocs that I have created. For the most part I have created them to interact with each other and my ponysona. It is just really fun to create them and imagine stories and adventures involving them. So yeah, It is totally fine to have many ocs.

• 9 months later...
(edited)

Its fine to have as many ocs as you want really even if they are like an oc to represent yourself (like a ponysona). Only thing is it getting confusing for others but nah. Some people have one main and some alts and some stick to one. But many is cool. Even having none is fine.

Edited by flurry

Uhhh, yeah it's totally fine! I uh... have multiple myself because I can't decide on who should be my Ponysona.

Right now it's Lightning. uwu

• 2 months later...
On 9/23/2019 at 9:37 PM, Muffinnz said:

Is it right to have multiple OCs if you cant decide which to use?

OC stands for Original Character. It doesn't mean "One Time Character" or "Pony Character", so the rules are very free to interpret any way you like!

I actually use "OC" instad of the more common but older Ponysona, since OC was the main word that Bronies called their ponies (Bronies didn't like the older generations, so they had to use unique and new words to describe already existing things)

• Brohoof 1