Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What happened to the pets?

dragoonanime

1 minute ago, dragoonanime said:

After season 5 almost all of the pets disappeared from the show. I wonder why the writers no longer included them?

Simply because there was no requirement for them in any of the plots. It's obvious they still take their pets out to play regularly. Just not onscreen anymore.

30 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Moreover, Winona and Angel have limited lifespans.

Both of them appeared in the final season, though, as did Opal and Gummy. The only missing pets are Tank (since Season 7) and... that owl of Twilight's (since Season 5).

What did stop, however, was the once-a-season or so mandatory pet showcase, like in Maud Pie and Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash's turtle was already old. 
Owls have a life span of 4 years. Twilight owned it before moving to ponyville. 
Bunnies have a life span of  1-2 years. It is 100% certain that Angel died several times through the series and just names the main bunny all angel. 
Dogs can die as young as 7 years. Applejack probably just kept it on the farm all the time though. 
Gummy has always been around and the final episode, gummy got big. 
Rarity's cat hates rarity. She could had finally gotten rid of it finally after realizing her cat hates her or it just stays at home. 

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Star Petal said:

Bunnies have a life span of  1-2 years. It is 100% certain that Angel died several times through the series and just names the main bunny all angel. 

Quote, “1-2 years in the wild”. Otherwise they can live up to 10 years if domesticated. Assuming Fluttershy took good care of him, we could assume he lasted much longer than that.

Plus I very much doubt Fluttershy would keep renaming her pet bunny Angel (unless she named them Angel II, Angel III) or that every time his personality was the same :maud: . Also pretty sure the writers intended on this being the same Angel.

Post-coronation, yeah they probably all mostly passed or close to it.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Star Petal said:

Gummy has always been around and the final episode, gummy got big.

Alligators can live longer than any of the pets the rest of the Mane Six has ever owned. This means that Gummy is also middle age, like the Mane Six themselves (maybe except for Twilight, that is).

5 hours ago, Star Petal said:

Rainbow Dash's turtle was already old. 

Proof? Turtles live a long time.

Owls have a life span of 4 years. Twilight owned it before moving to ponyville.

If you want to be taken seriously, how about not posting obvious lies/huge mistakes?

Not according to the Internet. (And his character is unmistakable.)

• Brohoof 2

Well, I'm pretty sure the answer is obvious here...I mean, they are animals with limited lifespans. They most likely passed on, unfortunately. That's my headcanon at least. 

2 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Well, I'm pretty sure the answer is obvious here...I mean, they are animals with limited lifespans. They most likely passed on, unfortunately. That's my headcanon at least. 

By when - the epilogue? Probably (though Tank has a long time left in him). Not by the coronation, though.