Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most Underrated & Overrated Pokémon In Your Opinion

Venomous

Which Pokémon, in your opinion, are/is the most underrated and overrated? This can be due to lacking/great stats, design, or any other reason you can think of.

Avalugg isn’t an amazing Pokémon but in my opinion, it is underrated. Its design is awesome and I had a great time using one on my team in Pokémon X.

AD24DE63-ABEB-4AB2-98A4-B357CB2210F3.jpeg

As for overrated? Charizard. I think that it receives a bit too much attention and it’s annoying. 

E66AD00C-567C-49D0-8FC5-0905ABBD1C1D.png

• Brohoof 3

Underrated? Dusknoir, he's my favorite. I honestly think he's a really cool Pokemon design-wise and stronger in battle than many people give him credit for.

ac28b2d672f86e47cdc4954f3b684eb79367f5ee

Overrated? May be a surprise considering Dark is my favorite type, but Greninja. Greninja is an ugly insult to its own evolutionary line, and also overrated in battle. :dry:

Image result for greninja"

Edited by Ayyngel Dust
  • Brohoof 1

Delphox is an underrated Pokemon. I mean sure it isn't useful competitively, but it can be useful on my X and Y team. I actually like it's design. I mean at least it keeps it Fennec Fox look and not be too humanoid.

MH9LS-qpnzGWcWd4Pprj6ikdi4h86fC2jkQOWtAA 

Here comes a bit of an unpopular opinion (Though @Ayyngel Dust beat me to the punch) is Greninja is overrated (much like most Dark type Pokemon) to me. I mean I don't care too much for it's design and it's battle style is very gimmicky. That I just generally don't have much use for it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa2TyC8b-DWtxPO3UwKi2

I'm surprise that no one said Pikachu is overrated.

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

Any other pokemons that is not Pikachu is underrated for me.

deoxys is my favorite pokemon and it always seemed to be pretty underrated

6e9edd80ec73874b1d24f1c8d8774074d4036b49

in terms of overrated pokemon...the ones nintendo overuses to hell and back, pokemon like charizard basically

• Brohoof 1

Pikachu (by far), Bellosom, Mudkip, Arceus, and Dragonite are the most overrated to me, that I can think of right now.

So that means Raichu (who always plays second fiddle to Pikachu despite being infinitely cooler). Gengar (because he is best Pokemon), Slowbro and Pinsir (usually is put below Scyther for best gen 1 bug) are my underrated nominees, probably more.

Some ponies may disagree with me on what I'm about to say but here goes:

When it comes to competitive Pokemon battling with my fully constructed teams, my overrated pick goes to Landorus Therian Forme. I know this Pokemon has the most team versatility out of the rest but seeing it over and over and over and over again does grind my gears. I'm one of Trainers who likes seeing diversity in teams. It's what makes Pokemon battling much more enjoyable, especially when it comes to using your favorites.

Image result for landorus

The underrated Pokemon award goes to Primarina. I was not disappointed when I saw its final evolution. We got from what was considered the least liked Alola starter by others to a beautiful, majestic Pokemon. Its Z-Move is amazing too. Have a look and see for yourself. It's such a shame that a wonderful Pokemon such as Primarina doesn't get a lot of attention nowadays. It's heartbreaking when you think about it. Nevertheless, I still love Primarina. It may not be my favorite Pokemon but I'm so glad I had one beside me on my Pokemon Moon/Ultra Moon adventure.

Related image

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1

Overrated: Arceus, Charizard, Rayquaza and Umbreon (Pikachu is the mascot, it's normal that it's everywhere).

Underrated: Flygon, Luxray, Torterra and some eeveelutions like Leafeon.

2 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

Pikachu (by far), Bellosom, Mudkip, Arceus, and Dragonite are the most overrated to me, that I can think of right now.

So that means Raichu (who always plays second fiddle to Pikachu despite being infinitely cooler). Gengar (because he is best Pokemon), Slowbro and Pinsir (usually is put below Scyther for best gen 1 bug) are my underrated nominees, probably more.

You had me at Raichu being underrated and a mention of gengar 

which I honestly agree with mostly because they’re both some of my favorite Pokémon ever especially Raichu 

Most overrated Pokemon? That's an easy one. Charizard, hands down.

sadCharizard.png.97423b51c23ba897df6902a1c764c2f5.png

(I know a lot of people say Pikachu is overrated, but he's pretty uncommon in competitive play in the higher tiers.) A lot of people think he's an unstoppable beast, (Which, to be fair, isn't as popular now, but I digress.) whereas if you know what you're doing, he's pretty easy to take down. All you need is to have stealth rocks up, and if it's Mega Charizard X, just hit it hard with a Dragon Pulse or Earth Power, and if it's Y, just use a rock move and it'll fall over. Not to mention the fact that it's utterly stonewalled by Chansey and Toxapex. (The latter of which is extremely common in OU, by the way.)

As for underrated? Oof... that's WAY harder... can you give me some time to come up with this? :blush:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Overrated: Any “Legendary” Pokemon, be they Roaming or Non-Roaming. Most if not all are simply better stat-wise (with a few exceptions), Design, Non-Breedable, and just how ‘Ultra Rare’ they are to find and catch.

Underrated: Any Pokemon that’s not “Legendary”. Yes. Even Pikachu despite being the mascot for the franchise.

With respect to the Pokemon franchise, If someone or something is considered a Legendary under any circumstances (through the hearts of people or by the will of a Creator), it is ultimately overrated by default regardless of criticism (whether the criticism be about stats or Non-Legendary can beat Legendary, which some of them can, it ultimately doesn’t matter). Therefore, Legendary = Absolute Overratedness by Design and Breeding strictly prohibited for them. MewTwo pwns in Gen 1. There is only 1 MewTwo. There can only be 1 MewTwo.

I’m more familiar with Gen 1-3. Later Generations is where my mind goes static.

Everyone highly overrates Charizard, like everyone, I love the guy, he was, like most people my first starter as a Charmander, but Blaziken and Infernape both exist and are very underrated simply due to Charizard existing.

Underrated is a pokemon who was once KING of the pseudo-legendaries and that is Metagross the multi-limbed super computer, even after being given a mega a few years back, having one of the coolest shiny forms, being a steel psychic type which is GREAT typing, AND having some great abilities like Clear Body while having impressive stats to boot no one ever talks about him, plus his design is great.

Underrated? Trubbish, love the little guy~

1200px-568Trubbish.thumb.png.adb430371da996f8090874c0627c79fa.png

Overrated? pretty much any legendary ever, or any Pokemon considered to be "Top Tier"

Edited by fare67t

• 5 weeks later...

As far as type go I’ve always been a dark, ghost and steel type fan. I’ve been a huge fan of the fairy types since they were first introduced. 

One of the biggest things that annoyed me since I was a kid playing the games was people overhyping dragon type Pokemon. 

I love using Driftblim especially competitively. Very underrated Pokemon. Versilify has shown how much of a monster Driftblim can be if used right. 

The same goes with Steelix. Steelix is pretty good when used right. Steelix has been a favorite of mine since silver and gold back when I was a kid. I’ve argued since I was kid that Steelix is a good Pokemon. 

With the latest game I’ve ran into people calling Alcremie trash. Mine does fairly well, even when I’ve used it competitively. The same with Slurpuff. Mine did fairly good when I had mine in X and Y. I loved it. 

Gengar isn’t the only ghost Pokemon that exists and isn’t the only great ghost Pokemon out there. I do love Gengar but we’ve gotten tons of cool and very good ghost Pokemon over the years. 

Despite how much I love it, Sylveon isn’t the only fairy type Pokemon that exists. The other fairy types deserve some love too. 

Overrrated is easily Charizard, Mewtwo and Lucario. 

Leafeon is very underrated which is a shame because I’ve ran some fairly strong Leafeons over the years.

Also if we could get a Let’s Go Vulpix I’d be very happy. I’ve always found Pikachu and Eevee in general to be overrated. 

• 8 months later...

Jolteon boasts one of the highest speed stats in the game, and a not paltry 110 base Special Attack stat to pair it up with. It's not taking many hits, but it can dish out some punishment. Access to STAB Volt Switch also allowed it to help build momentum against an opponent, and many put HP Ice on there to give a pseudo Boltbeam combo. Z-moves didn't really give it anything it didn't already have, but when you are that fast, you really don't need much. I would Baton Pass +3 (sometimes +6) in special attack to it from another underrated mon in Volbeat and Jolteon would demolish the opponents from there. I'm always surprised it doesn't move up from RU, but it is frail so that is likely why it doesn't move. That only matters if it gets hit, and with the speed and power it has, it really shouldn't be getting hit (but maybe I'm one of those strange ones that gets lucky with where I put Jolteon into the fray).

• 2 weeks later...

When I first started looking around for Pokemon that would fit into this (underrated and effective) I found a lot that fit into one or the other, but not both. I also had to adjust with USUM, as a lot of my under/overrated opinions were still based on the ORAS meta. So I reviewed and took a look at some of the ones that I was pretty sure would still be where they are, mostly to see if any got some new tricks. A few did, but let's go over them one-by-one.

So Volbeat is one of three Pokemon that learn Tail Glow, the other two being Manaphy and Xurkitree. Tail Glow is amazing in that it gives a +3 to Special Attack. The crazy thing is that Volbeat also gets Baton Pass so it can pass on this good fortune to other members of the team. Nasty Plot is usually considered a powerful boost, so adding another level on top of that is insane. Volbeat can use it itself, and even has some interesting special moves to use it with, but the idea of passing that boost to others is just too appealing to me. Plus it gets Prankster, so all of its status moves are +1 priority. That leads to Prankster Encores of opposing status moves that forces them to switch out. Or Prankster Thunder Wave to paralyze an opponent. But knowing that you can Prankster Baton Pass a +3 special attack to an ally makes for a really amazing support Pokemon that is extremely underrated for how much it can add to a team.

shareit vidmate