Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

I wanted to go with something kind of ironic but nothing too extreme. I also wanted the name to be a reference, preferably one that many people understood. So I settled on King of Magikarps and now I use that name all over the place!

Expressing my passion for ponies and electricity was simply not enough for me before, so I added 'Super' and '64' at the beginning and end of my username to express my Nintendo fandom as well! Plus, I think it has a nice ring to it because it kind of sounds similar to 'Super Mario 64'. :lol:

Mine is an older username i've had for many years. Its a combination of Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Magic Knight Rayearth, my top 3 fav anime series at the time. I've kept it cause it has such a nice ring to it, plus I still like all 3 series. ;)

I chose my username based of the Roman Empire. On a new online text-based strategy game known as unification wars (Back in 2006). It prompted me to choose a name for my empire. So naturally I choose to call it roman, but it was taken, so was romansii, So I settled on romansiii and I have been using it ever since. For everything.

• Brohoof 1

Hi there!

My real life nickname is Boof! (I'm very very short and an avid kayaker.) So! Boofing is a kayaking move, wikipedia defines it as

"Boofing, in whitewater kayaking, refers to the raising of the kayak's bow during freefall, while descending a ledge, ducking behind a boulder, or running a waterfall. This technique is used to avoid submerging the bow of the kayak by ensuring it lands flat when it hits the base of the waterfall. The term is an onomatopoeia which mimics the sound that is usually created when the hull of the kayak makes contact with water at the base of the waterfall."

One of my buddies one day dubbed me Boof because it fit because I really am super short and we had been kayaking on the water that day, once I boofed down into the waterfall for some reason I was being silly cause he was filming and I screamed out BOOF! at the top of my lungs. That was about 11 years ago and it's stuck since then. Lol! Anything I name myself that is just for fun and goofiness usually has Boof attached to it. ;)

• Brohoof 2

Gather 'round children. Let me tell you a mystical tale of how I came to aquire my name.

bascially I play the Eldar alot in DOW. One day I went to a local Tournament and entered under the name "Steve" . Played 50 matches as Eldar. Won all of them and the Tourny. Was bestowned the title of Eldar Steve. The End.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My username origin kinda spontaneously spawned one day as Pure Kottan (Xbox Live). Then I lost that account for an unknown reason. Started a new one as Kottan Trooper, but I lost it as well. So I decided to make one called Kottanism, which later changed to Kottan Gin (I know, racist), then I remembered my username origin, so now it is Impure Kottan for everything. However, that was just the short version of the story.

Edited by Impure Kottan
  • Brohoof 1

Got mine around 2010 I think.

It was a normal morning like every else and I was making myself some toast. Managed to drop it on the floor and it broke. And that's how I got my username!

:blush:

• Brohoof 2

the reason why i chose my name is that rainbow dash is one of my favorite ponys and i figured that my screename would sound cool like how it is her "son" so yea ^_^

• 1 month later...

It's my forum name because it's my PSN. It's my PSN because, about four or five years ago, my family got a router. Gone were the days of continuously playing through the campaigns of Call of Duty 4 and Rainbow Six Vegas 2...no, now I could jump into the world of online multiplayer. But wait - I needed a Playstation Network account! I thought long and hard (that's what she said), and eventually decided I'd base it off my two main extracurricular activities: candlepin bowling and painting. The bowling was shortened to Bowl, the painting was shortened to Art, and I decided to add my favorite number to the end. Thus, the name BowlArt64 was born, and I've stuck with it in a few places on the internet. As a side note, most people playing with me on the Pee Ess Triple shorten it to BowlArt, whereas it's usually shortened to Bowl here.

My name came around about two years ago when i was making my xbox live account. The name i wanted was taken (if i remember right) and so i looked at the suggestions. One of them was nonfatenvelope, but i liked the sound of LowfatEnvelope better so went with that. Have been using it ever since :) (Speaking of names, recently i made another xbox live account for some reason and it gave me the name DiehardWalnut10. <- That shall likely be used in the future).

Oh I've had TONS of usernames.

A long, long, long time ago, I used to play an MMO and my name was something nooby like SuperShoker6. Yes, I menst shoker, not shocker.

So then I started using tht as my name in lots of places.

At that time I also used to have a YouTube account called Palistine87. I also started using that one too.

Then, later on, I went back to Shoker.

Then I tried, maybe once, Tack.

Afterwards, I wanted to try something else, which lead me to Croax. I liked it and all, but people kept confusing it for Cro-Acks. Which I didn't like.

Afterwards, I changed it to Croaks, and now I use that for everything.

Then as an April fools thing, I changed it to Elliptical Bratwurst Goose.

Then it went back to Croaks.

And now I changed it to Pilot, as a reference to the character in Romantically Apocalyptic.

But I still use croaks in other places.

Edited by Pilot

You take Magical, you take Horsey, and you take Thing.

You combine them together to make MagicalHorseyThing, fucking brilliant and creative aren't I?

Street Comedy, I just took the first two words that came to my mind and put them together.

(May or may not have already posted this, but meh oh well)

Originally I used Culex7, Culex is the genus of mosquito, but it was also a "secret" boss of one of my childhood favorites, Super Mario RPG. 7 Is my Birthday and Month, (07/07). I came up with TOMahwk recently, I was talking about Call of Duty Black Ops with my friend via texting and I miss-spelled Tomahawk, and so lo and behold I capitalized the TOM part (My name) and just left my miss-spellings be, as we all know poor grammar is cooler.

I use different names on the internet for different reasons. It would depend on what personality I wanted to play at the time. For this one though, I had a random inspiration from MLP, Inheritance, and Faust (the dude that sold his soul, not Lauren Faust). And that's how Equestria my username was made.

I've had this name for as long as I have used the internet, if you can believe it. It's short, memorable, and it doesn't have any numbers in it.

Also it kinda' sounds like the word "Chickens", I like chickens...

• Brohoof 1