Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

Obviously a "ponified" spelling of a prominent figure in history of the USSR (I'll let you guess who it is ;) ) I'm not trying to make a political statement, or anything of that sort. I simply chose it because it sounds hilarious and kinda clever.

^Uh... Mikael G.? -shot-

I already said this in my intro, but I'll explain my username again just in case others missed it. My username is actually three words from the "Thu'um" language put together. Krein (Sun), Bah (Wrath), Thur (Overlord). This is also what I decided to name my first and main MLP fan character, so I decided to use the name here as well.

• Brohoof 1

My name has evolved with my roleplay character, and ended up on Millie Kittan because she is a cat...called Millie. Used to be Millis, but people assumed I just couldn't spell...

It will be changing in April anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I've always used the word Kaze as my online name.

Kaze = Wind in Japanese.

The 'Laydee' came from a Steam group I'm in, and as a way of showing you're in the group, you either put 'Sir' 'Mister' etc, as a forename. Laydee just looks better than 'Lady' :I

ERMM. Then Idk where the Dat came from. :B Put it all together and there you have it.

90% of people just call me Kaze anyway though.

Jokuc - I played a game called "Battle for Middle-earth" and when I was going to put a nickname I couldn't come up with something to I just typed like "jokucawefojap" but that was too long so I removed some letters and it became jokuc. I have been using it ever since.

Princess Pinkie Pie II - I was bored and I'm going to change back tomorrow or next day.

Well, one of the reasons that I chose this username is because I think that the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey is one of the greatest movies ever made. HAL 9000 is the "bad guy" from that movie.

The other reason that I chose my username is because I am a programmer. For me, HAL 9000 represents the worst kind of programming error. Focusing on functionality at the expense of user friendliness.

You are sending people in space, millions of miles away from home, and you forget to program the computer to never, under any circumstances, kill people.

Getting killed by your computer is the ultimate failure in the user experience.

Being called HAL helps me to remember to avoid those kind of mistakes when I'm coding.

• Brohoof 2

There's a really long story behind my username, but the short version of that story is as follows:

- GDO is my initials.

- 29 is a special number to me.

- Anagram is for the fact that I had another name that's an anagram of the word "Anagram".

Old play station 2 game I used to play. "The Bouncers". Main character was called Sion Barzahd. I was playing an MMORPG and tried that name. It was used. I literally pressed random keys and ended up with Barzahdorx. I took the ahd out of it... Barzorx. Not great, but it kinda stuck. This was about... 10 years ago?

//edit And just now I notice that I forgot the orx in this particular username. So whoops.

Edited by Barz

The Iris from my name, I had chosen for myself over 10 years ago. In my Latin class we were encouraged to choose a name from mythology to use, so I chose Iris, goddess of the rainbow, because I LOVE rainbows/pretty colors (and all flower-related names in Greek or Latin didn't sound pretty to me. My first choice was totally Flower, but I didn't like Flora or Chloris). Then I found out an iris is a flower - WIN. It became my favorite flower. I have researched very extensively the role of Iris in mythology and well as the iris flower symbolism in various cultures and I must say that it truly does define/represent me rather accurately. That was how it stuck. I added Melody to it because I have always been a very musical person (entering choir at earliest age possible, entering band/playing intruments earliest age possible, attending music camps) and so mostly by singing is how I "express" myself or "vent" my feelings. Long before MLP FiM was created, I was Iris Melody. I'm thrilled that it works so well as a pony name! My cutie mark is a purple iris flower - all symbolism included/intended - and I chose to be a pegasus for that same reason - link between Heaven and Earth, and totally gonna be a worker in the weather factory in Cloudsdale making rainbows!!! :D

I've been known online as Autumn for about five or six years now, but usually plain ol' "autumn" is taken as a username at larger communities. "Autumnalone" is nifty as a username because it can be read in two ways: Autumnal One or Autumn Alone, or so I thought when I drafted this handle all those ages ago.

I'm just used to using it, honestly. Couldn't imagine having any other name!

Darkshadow is a name given to me by Discord, after all, it is my evil name. Dash is my last name, for I was Rainbow Dash at one point.
  • Brohoof 1