mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

My username is my OC's name and both parts of my name came from two of my friends. Kyubiki is also my nickname and I got that name in my sophomore year of high school. It was during my science class and my friend gave me that name because they said I reminded them about Naruto. Tenchu was a few months ago when I was talking to one of my friends on Xbox. I was trying to make a different rp character and I was asking for ideas on a name that would work with Kyubiki. Throwing some ideas around my friend and I came up with Tenchu and it fit well with my nickname and it has now become my OC name Kyubiki Tenchu.

• Brohoof 1

I learned how to do sweep arpeggios on guitar really fast when I was 16-18, when I 'got my cutie mark'. Arpeggio sweeps are like this:

It's the name of a Metallica song. Nothing too interesting.

Dude. Righteous /)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Mine's from an old French video game where the currency was the "Blobule".

I added a "l" to make a pun with "blob" (a fantasy creature) and "bulle" (bubble in French).

Edited by Blobulle

It's Randy March's character name in WoW in the WoW episode in South Park... It was meant to be spelled "Valkorn" but I didn't do any research on the name and spelled it the way that seemed good to me so "Velcorn" was born... Been using that name as my gamer tag for over 4 years now I think^^

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My username consists of the word Obliveon, a word that comes from the name of a local band Technical Metal band I like and I thought the word would be cool to use instead of Oblivion so I picked it and the other word Vortex is for my passion to sci-fi and dark themes elements, thus a vortex this time.

Edited by ObliveonVortex
  • Brohoof 1

I was pressured so i thought 'Sunset Shimmer' and Master thus Sunset_Master but my reviewing persona is known as the King Of Depravity and that persona is a guy who loves anarchy and choas and reviewing, a basically more hyped up version of Silver Quill but a knack for world domination so yeah....

(edited)

Regulus is a star, one of the brightest in the night sky, 70-something lightyears away. It is actually a system of four stars in two pairs. The brightest of the four is much larger and burns much hotter than the sun. It is a bluish main-sequence star; it spins rapidly enough to have an oblong shape. Its companion star is a white dwarf. Farther away are two other main sequence stars, roughly similar to the sun.

In mythology, the name Regulus is from the diminutive form of the Latin rex, and means Little King. In times past it has been known simply as Rex, as well as by kingly names in other languages. I first adopted the name as a unique one on a Lion King forum, because it fit so well like that. But the name grew on me and I decided to keep it since.

The admiral part of my name doesn't mean much, but I consider myself the Admiral of my own Kerbal space program, so there's that.

That's me: Admiral Regulus. He who is obsessed with astronomy, science fiction, The Lion King, and all things feline. :P

You can just call me Reggy or Regs, though. :3

Edited by Admiral Regulus
  • Brohoof 1

Regulus is a star, one of the brightest in the night sky, 70-something lightyears away. It is actually a system of four stars in two pairs. The brightest of the four is much larger and burns much hotter than the sun. It is a bluish main-sequence star; it spins rapidly enough to have an oblong shape. It's companion star is a white dwarf. Farther away are two other main sequence stars, roughly similar to the sun.

In mythology, the name Regulus is from the diminutive form of the Latin rex, and means Little King. In times past it has been known simply as Rex, as well as by kingly names in other languages. I first adopted the name as a unique one on a Lion King forum, because it fit so well like that. But the name grew on me and I decided to keep it since.

The admiral part of my name doesn't mean much, but I consider myself the Admiral of my own Kerbal space program, so there's that.

cool, but my favourite star is known as Vega; Vega is the brightest star in the constellation Lyra, the fifth brightest star in the night sky and the second brightest star in the northern celestial hemisphere, after Arcturus. but cool backstory on the username

I needed to come up with a username for some site (can't remember, probably a forum) and I couldn't think of anything. After a minute of staring at the screen I just decided to throw 2 random words together and thus the name was born. I've been using it for a year or 2 now and I don't really intend on changing it. And yes I do know it's misspelled, but I like it better misspelled. IDK why but it just feels right.

• Brohoof 1

*Insert long, thoughtful explanation behind the meaning of the absolutely not-overused-at-all 'Shadow'* 

*Insert long, thoughtful explanation to determine a logical simbolism behind the blatant contradiction whereupon originated from the term 'Beam'*

Yep. My innovative perspective of the material world is sure to pass from generations to generations.

Well I used to be called Emerald Starlight (the name of my pony OC), but as my passion for MLP died out, I decided to make a name change.

I was most passionate about video games so I decided to rename myself Commander Shepard who is the main protagonist of the Mass Effect.

Mass Effect is a game I'm in absolutely in love with.

I even bought myself my own custom made Tali Zorah vas Normandy t-shirt (she's also on my PC's desktop and my iPod 5's wallpaper).

So yeah, I'm... VERY passionate about that game.

I'm not necessarily a Brony, but I stick around the fandom because allot of people in this fandom seem to have a passion for video games.

• Brohoof 1

My username used to be Asher Danger Dash:

I got that from a Rainbow Dash quote “Dangers my middle name, Rainbow Danger Dash”, and combined it with my name Asher.

But Scootaloo became my favourite pony, and I wanted a name that reflected that, plus I didn’t think Asher Danger Dash sounded very good and I wanted to revamp my profile in general.

I figured Scootaloo on it’s own would be taken as a username, so I tried to think of the closest thing to it and thought Scootaloodle sounded good and original so went with that.

Well That's a good question. Well For me, I started out as KirbyHamtaro ever since I was like around 9th grade or so, I didn't notice that Hamtaro was on the air on cartoon network so I started watching both Kirby: right back at ya and Hamtaro. I got into hamtaro when it was aired and noticed it on the lineup on my TV cable. The Name will live on through my memory so some people who recognize me as KirbyHamtaro will remember me.

KirbyFluttershy, the name I picked out was my idea to pick out ever since I got into MLP and liked Fluttershy. I'm still a huge fan of kirby so that's why I took the name of Kirby and Fluttershy and put the name together.

Long long time ago wen i was just starting out on the internet, my brother was like a godly sort of awesome, know-it-all figure to me. His username at the time was ShadowLakitu, which sounded so cool to me, and I wanted a somewhat similar one. I always liked Kirby, and... well, I was a child, so he decided the word Mini would roll but I could change it later.

Understandably, I never did XD

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My name is short for Leon Shiva, a video game character who's one of the main bosses in the Sega game franchise Streets of Rage.

sig-3842921.shiva010colors_by_rukunetsu-

The guy knows what he's doing. ;) He's the reason why I greatly increased my flexibility and learned how to do a (no hands) kick up.

Still weaksauce compared to him, obviously.

Oh, and the number 500 is also pretty cool.

Edited by LeonShi500

Pink comes from Pinkie Pie. She's so cute and happy and sweet.

And Bubbles comes from Bubbles from The Powerpuff Girls. When I was growing up, I was Bubbles, while my cousin was Buttercup.

And that still hold to this day. I'm the sweet, sensitive one, while she's the rough one with a bad attitude.

@, Great topic! So much so that we already have a thread for it! I merged yours with the older user name thread.

As for my user name, I can't help it, I love love. 

princess_cadance__did_you_say_milkshake__by_drpancakees-d5llwwy.png

• 2 weeks later...