Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

Nom de Plume was the first OC I ever came up with, when I was first finding my way around the fandom, and I'm a little embarrassed to admit she was essentially just a self-insert.  She was a writer, thus the name, which is French (I think?) for 'Name of the Pen,' or simply 'Penname.'  As a way to honor her and what she started, I used the name on my FimFiction account.  Her cutie mark is my avatar here, on FF, and on deviantART as well.  It's kinda become my go-to username for all sites pony.

Edited by Nom de Plume

Well my Vickram101 username was from the Good old days Of YouTube. Back In 2005 I sigend up and Vickram101 was one of the Username options. Since then I've used the name everywere.

My League Of Legends username Miyojin Mutou is a name I created when I now started FB back in the days. It's an amalgation of two name from two anime that I love. Mutou was from Yugi Mutou of Yu-Gi-Oh! and Miyojin is from Yahiko Miyojin from Rurouni Kenshin. That Name is Dead now so I decided to revive it on L.O.L. XD

My username actually started on a Minecraft forum called MCMines back in 2011. When I joined, I kinda wanted something that had the forum name in it. So I picked mcminer(Minecraftminer) and 2011(year I joined) I even kept it when mcmines merged with Mineboard, the forum I'm on now, and it stuck with me since then. Nowadays my username is tied with the Luckcraft comic series and its prequel, Sky Terrain.

I even have my own Youtube with the same name. (subscribe plz?)

I had a very hard time coming up with a new username for the MLP fandom. I actually got mine from a username generator.. eeyup.

I liked "PonyLaces" obviously because of the word "pony", and "Laces" because I wear sneakers all the time? I also like sports :D

Edited by PonyLaces
  • Brohoof 1

I changed mine.  :D 

The meaning behind it is fairly simple. "Indigo" comes from my font color, indigo dye, and "Racing" comes from my life-long passion for motorsport, and it also sounds like a race team's name.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

well......what can I say? hmmmm....

Sounds so much like myself :lol: I was 'Undecided', obviously because I couldn't decide on anything XD 

My new username is because I'm no longer undecided, but Shimmering for Sunset instead (whatever that means, I just wanted to incorporate her name somehow really :lol: )

My original general catch-all username was originally "Wise Cat" but

A. That was already in use

B. An underscore would look pretty ugly

So I chose Wyzecat. It's simple and memorable without being excessively long. I haven't looked back since.

• Brohoof 2

I've used my particular username for several years on different websites. Mostly MMORPG's though. My pet snake is named Snickers, so it evolved from Snickers + Snickerdewdl = Dewdlz.

• Brohoof 2