Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

I have had many name changes, but my "go-to" used to be PinkeDaShy for some crappy reason of "I don't know LOL".

Cirrostratus, which will be my go-to name from now on, is a cloud form, and my favourite kind. They signal for precipitation within about 18 hours (keep in mind they aren't storm clouds, they don't make rain), and I love the rain, and they make these GORGEOUS halos called cirrostratus nebulosus. They occur when the sun shines JUUUUUUST right.

Cirrostratus_nebulosus.jpg

Also, just so you know, the genus of the cirrostratus is derived from cirrus, meaning a "curl of hair" (which is the wispy shape of the cloud formation) and stratus, meaning something akin to "layers". ^^

In short I'm a weather nerd, they're pretty clouds, and I think that it's suitable for me.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I've already posted here but since then I usually go under another alias....

I have the username JPdude612 simply because:
1: JP- = Japanese, since I am half Japanese.
2: -dude = Dude because originally I had thought it was American slang for "male", showing I am half American and male.

3: -612 = 3 random numbers because I don't think I can just run out there and use "JPdude" expecting it to not be taken.

The username goes far back really. I don't exactly remember how I came up with it, only what my username comprises of. Then again theres not many things I remember of my childhood, so not remembering how I came up with it is no surprise to me.  :P

Somewhere I got JayPeg based on some joke names (Namely Jay-Pee due to the pronunciation of J and P) and the file format of ".jpeg", with a side of how usually I'm not too good at games (whereas most people find a .jpeg to be a bad file format.)

Take the pronunciation of J, Jay, and the file format .jpeg without the J, Peg. Combine the two, boom, JayPeg.

Sometimes I'll change it to JPEG or JPG or the like on Steam (with the once in a while jokes of PayJeg, JayPee, and JPNG)

If the name is taken, I usually chose JayPeg612.

Edited by JayPeg

Mine's from an old gov't project name where they attempted to weaken tropical cyclones with silver iodide and such. And why? It just clicked. 

I used to call myself "The Ancaster Brony" because I really am a brony from Ancaster, ON. I also called myself that because I was the only Ancaster brony on the forums! :P

I also called myself "Derpity Derp" when I first joined the forums because Derpy was my favourite background character (and 2nd best pony overall!)

@Dunky

Lol I thought it was because of that guy on YouTube who plays League of Legends.

And for me, I didn't choose this name.  My mom did.