Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

It would kinda hard to differentiate my username from the desert if it wasn't mis-spelled with the k. As for why it's in all caps, that's just the bastardization taken to it's logical extreme.

Now, as for why it's pineapple cake in the first place. I have no idea.

Funny story, actually. Back in 2012, I was permab& from a forum under a different username. When I made another account, I called myself ReGen, which was short for "regeneration". cuz im so clevr

And don't ask me why the G is capitalized. I just felt like being different!  :lol:

Time to breakdown my username!

Where does the "skbl" come from? When I was younger, I was very interested in school buses. Here are these giant yellow vehicles that have the tough job of safely transporting millions of students from home to school and back every day; so as a young kid, I was pretty intrigued by what they are and how they work. Of course, I was an "enthusiast", but I picked the "l" to denote "lover" instead...looking back, that wasn't such a good choice. The "17" stems from my age at the time I created this account.

The thing is, I've adopted "skbl17" as my unified user identity on various websites, so if you ever come upon a "skbl17" on any other site (minus deviantART), that's probably me!

I have no idea.  It's a really crappy username that I dislike, similar to every username I've ever had in my 15-odd years online.

Seriously though, it's mostly because I'm know as this on dA and tumblr where I've slowly made a tiny inkling of a name in the pony community, I guess, maybe.  I've been using it here and there online for years though I also use other names on other sites at times like 'popoki' or 'ragnaroq'.  I honestly never like any of my names for more than a couple weeks, so I've kinda finally just relegated myself to settle on one and go with it as much as I can.

As for the origin of the term, it's from a fantastically early-90s TV show called "Gamepro TV".  Look it up.

I thought to myself: what would a cool name be? So I thought and in a sudden revelation I realized that LZRD WZRD, ALL CAPS, no vowels, was by far the coolest name in existence

• Brohoof 1

Well I had a Roleplay character named Luna. And that became my nickname eventually.

And Kaiba is one of my favorite characters from Yugioh.

I've used this name on about all sites i have been on.

Well my username that I usually use is ocvene, but in here, I'm Mister Saltz. So where do I get the name ocvene? So my real name was Venessa (Not Vanessa) And Sometimes I am really slow as you can say... so oc means snail in my country, so I decided to fuse the names together: ocvene!
Mister Saltz: Well, sometimes I act really salty and stuff (That means really offensive and sensitive stuff, I act it my way) and... just added a little z at the end so it sounds Derpish. I'm not really a male, I'm really funny on my inside, people may think I'm waaaaaaaaaaaay too mature, but no..sometimes I'm really immature and derp. So that makes it like some boys do act funny/derpish n stuff so ya, there you go 

I was discussing a pony name for myself with my wife while researching saftey gear for my new go kart project, and after apparently far too long reading reviews of brake pads and heat sinks she asked when I was going to get off the computer... "After I've done my due diligence."

One problem solved, it's 4:30AM and I'm still looking at brake pads.

I have Scalies as pets 

occasionaly they dont wanna listen to me and it required a little bit of 'gentle persuasion'

meaning cause the burmese pythons I have are incredibly strong, i Wrangle them

aand i want to own crocs and gators eventually .. I'll be wrangling them too

I was trying to register in some site (long ago) and all the nicknames i tried were used so i got angry and i typed neznamkaksa(which in bulgarian means i dont know how i am xD)and it actually worked!Bad thing was i choosed male but it displayed female?!

Anyway i bet you cant even pronounce my name!

I have multiple reasons. XD

1.) My old warrior cat character was called "Emberpaw".

2.) Fire is awesome, plus used to be my favourite Pokémon type. Now it is water though- water is blue, so is the sky.

3.) I have a corn snake called Ember and one of my cats are called Sky. :P

4.) Favourite colours are blue and orange.

I don't know i change my name so much. I wanted to stick with one name.

I like PInk. It gone from PinkDeadlyEmo to PinkDeadly goth to just pink Deadly cuz it's shorter and i don't really feel emo or goth

I... I play Castle Crashers a lot...

I'm sure you can guess which one's my favorite.

Plus I like fire, born in Summer, Orange is my favorite color, and Ruby is my birthstone.

\o/

• Brohoof 1

Not long ago I had my name set as 'Roodyface.' Someone shortened it to 'Roods' when addressing me. I liked how it sounded, but I didn't care for the spelling, so when it came time I switched it to this. 

I might stick with it. Will likely only switch back to my old 'Rudy Redlin' moniker if I'm feeling nostalgic.