Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your reactions/thoughts on COVID-19

FirePuppy

So I just want to know how much longer are you planning to wear a mask? A year? Five? The rest of your life?

I really fear that in a few years there will be kids who grew up thinking this is normal and it will never go away.

Edited by Fluttershutter

Well ponies, Valentine's Day is closing in:mellow:  And how are we:stressed: supposed to be close with our soulmates carrying flowers, cards and chocolates without violating the 6 feet apart rule?  

Doesn't help matters that Queen has a 26 year old song called "Too Much Love Will Kill You":sunny:  

I could throw out my random dime a dozen thoughts on how long the pandemic will last, how far government measures should go, how much masks help, if schools should reopen, and so on.  But those aren’t my only things I think about. I’ve always had a passing interest in infectious diseases and I understood for for a long time that the next pandemic was inevitable.  Most of those predictions centered on influenza as that caused the deadliest pandemic in the last 150 years.  But the flu isn’t the only pathogen that can go apeshit on us.  There are many others, including coronaviruses.  

There are seven known human coronaviruses. 229E, NL63, OC43, HKU1, MERS-Cov, SARS-Cov-1, and SARS-Cov-2.  I wondered if flu and coronavirus were closely related.  But when I looked up their classifications I saw that they’re farther apart than I would’ve thought.

Fun fact: The virus that caused the Russian flu epidemic of 1889 has never been clearly identified.  There are a couple of flu strains that have been implicated.  But the only way to prove it would be to ID viral remains in preserved tissue samples.  Such samples have not been found.  But we still have clues.  Scientists have backdated the gene of OC43 which shows a link to a bovine coronavirus in approximately 1890.  The 1880s was known for a respiratory epidemic among cattle in Europe.  Then in 1889 a pandemic among humans begins.  Furthermore, descriptions of frequent Russian flu symptoms sounded more like Covid than flu.  The main takeaway?  There’s a very good chance that the Russian “flu” was actually Covid-89.  

I feel I am not gonna get back the same amount of social interaction even after this stuff goes away. For one ppl will probably work from home more.

I feel like friendships i had b4 are weakened and that to the point im not sure i will get back a lot of them ppl just ended up withdrawing. I was on the way to getting more active and stuff hmm. Then again maybe there will be new unexpected stuff.

I was very lucky that I didn't suffer the way a lot of people did in thay i have work i can do from home completed my education and that as well as living with family.But it's still very lonely and that and also being with ur family all the time can get quite stressful :(