Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Guy with a plushie - reactions/thoughts?

The dude is also wearing a fedora. 

If he is the stereotype I'm thinking, then he doesn't really have any guts or balls. Other people like said stereotype have done weirder things.

Given that I've wandered around my workplace with a plushie dragon tied onto my head as a hat, I'm not one to judge. :)

Heck, I work for Microsoft. I've seen people do a lot weirder than that there.

• Brohoof 3

Can someone explain to me why wearing a fedora is so horrible?

Personally I wouldn't wear one, but only because I look awful in most all hats. 

but am I missing something?... I don't get it. 

(edited)

So you shouldn't do anything if it's not practical? Well that throws my entire life out the window.

There's a difference between being practical and doing something that just doesn't make sense. No one around you benefits from bringing that plushie. Sure, you go ahead and do it, but what I'm saying is no one will really care. (And if they do, it's usually not the good kind)

Can someone explain to me why wearing a fedora is so horrible?

Personally I wouldn't wear one, but only because I look awful in most all hats. 

but am I missing something?... I don't get it. 

It's kind of  a funny stereotype going around that hipsters wear those since they're so "original" (or vintage? Point is, they wear it because no one else does)
Edited by Looks

> In School

> Flippin giant ass plushie

> Slightly obese 

> Fedora

God help us all.

///

He likes MLP. We all do here. But, there is a definite line you have to be very wary of.

I think its just how big the plushie is that tips people off. If it was just a small one, I don't think anybody would care. But this thing is HUGE. You don't bring that stuff out in public (in this case, school), regardless of what character it is. No matter if it is MLP or not.

• Brohoof 2

16 year old me would think - "Whoa. That is weird, but whatever."

36 year old me - "Guy has a giant stuffed pony? Huh? Welp what do I want for dinner?"

39 year old - "Oh cool. A wild brony appeared. What do I want for dinner?"*

Sorry ... I'm hungry. :P

*I own a custom Rarity plushie. Am not a closet fan. I would be more worried about the minky getting dirty than getting weird looks. I've gotten those from t-shirts. ;)

• Brohoof 4

Maybe it's not "normal," and I think the size of the plushie seems to be what's getting the biggest reaction, but I say, whatever floats his boat. He likes bringing his Pinkie Pie plushie to school? That's cool. I won't say he's a hero or something, and I won't say he's weird, because he's probably not the only one to do something like that. He just got a lot of attention (negative and otherwise) for it because someone happened to take a picture. My deal is people make snap judgments on things with very little to no context on the situation.

• Brohoof 2

I think the whole thing brings a bad stigma because of the contextualization the guy who took the photo gave it. Trying to think in the best case off, may be one of his friends already knew he was a brony and gave him the plushie as a gift, bringing it to that class. I already did it when one of my friend's daughter was at good age to own plushies and  had a bunch of used ones from my neice who didn't wanted them any more.

If you ask me if I think it is a bit strange to carry a big plushie all day long being an adult, I think it's a yes, but prejudice is always bad in any matter.

I own myself a little collection of the "aurora's wild life beanbag plushies" and I love them.

• Brohoof 2

I'm just gonna say that wearing a pony T-shirt is very different from carrying a giant Pinkie plushie around.

Then again, this may not be much different from carrying around a security blanket or a Nick Wilde plush really.

So I think there's more than one side to this. I say let people think whatever they want. It doesn't really matter.

And honestly, I don't think I'm gonna care about this pic after posting this.

• Brohoof 1

I'm more distracted by the fact he's doing all this while wearing a fedora. Makes me partially think he did this on a dare.

I think the reason people find this not normal is not the plush itself, but the fact he's bringing this giant thing to class for no reason. People typically don't do that unless it's for some form of comfort. Sure, I brought my Chikorita plush to school one day. But that was because it was Pajama day and I wanted to fit with the theme. Even then, it was a much smaller plush than this gigantic thing. It seems like it would be a distraction.

I'm not gonna condemn this guy for his life choices or anything he can do what he wants in this case, but don't be surprised if people give you weird looks and be prepared to defend yourself.

• Brohoof 3

To be honest, it's a bit off-putting. I wouldn't want to approach a fedora-wearing man holding a giant plush, but I would keep my thoughts about it to myself unless asked. At the same time, there's nothing wrong with it except for being socially out of place.

• Brohoof 1

he is stronger than i am. people don't even know that i even own any mlp items. I used to be a hater, but then I asked myself, "why do I have such an negative outlook? because society says that is wrong or strange" why should I listen to society. I don't hate anymore and neither should others. I love my Fluttershy and Applejack plushy's 

post-36750-0-21122800-1465363146.jpg

• Brohoof 1

While I don't hate him for having a plushie, I do think it's incredibly strange that he just has a huge Pinkie Pie plushie out in the open like that. I mean, I love my pony plushies, but I don't bring them with me anywhere I go for any reason. When I do bring pony merchandise out of the house, it's only one or two blind bag ponies so I can get a picture for my Tumblr blog. Other than that,my pony toys stay at home where they belong. I think brining something like that with you to public places is strange and childish for the most part.

• Brohoof 1

Personally I don't care. Its not causing anyone any pain so its fine in my book. The one thing that I don't really agree with is how "in your face" it is, a lot of people have mentioned the size of it and its is pretty damn ridiculous. If it was smaller I wouldn't even look twice, but that plushie is just so huge that its literally impossible to avoid and I guess that might make some people slightly uncomfortable.

There is another one that seems to be floating around now, attached below if anyone wanted to see that too

post-38387-0-46552800-1465842757_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

If it makes them happy, who cares? Its not hurting anyone.

16 year old me would think - "Whoa. That is weird, but whatever."

36 year old me - "Guy has a giant stuffed pony? Huh? Welp what do I want for dinner?"

39 year old - "Oh cool. A wild brony appeared. What do I want for dinner?"*

Sorry ... I'm hungry. :P

*I own a custom Rarity plushie. Am not a closet fan. I would be more worried about the minky getting dirty than getting weird looks. I've gotten those from t-shirts. ;)

You forgot your poke balls again didn't you? ;)

I think it's fine that he has a plushie. It might be unusual to have a random plushie at a workplace (simply because it's a place to work and not play, regardless age or gender.) However, it's cute!

• Brohoof 1

I once recently had a dream I was sitting at work and for some reason had 3 of my 4DE plushies with me. Every time someone would come by, I'd quickly stuff them under the desk and pretend everything was cool, but it was obvious I had them.

This dude is basically living a super awkward dream of mine. 

• Brohoof 2