Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Guy with a plushie - reactions/thoughts?

Wait, is there a problem here? Let the guy do what he likes to do, what harm does he to society?? Nothing in particular except for feeding some very stuck-up people's opinions on other people that they literally have nothing involved with. Period.

Why do people have so many opinions on every little thing like it's the end of the world? Please, shape up humanity.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

I would love a plushie that big! Though would I take her everywhere? No! Do you know easy it is stain white and not get it out. A nightmare! I wouldn't dream of it no matter which pony is was, but if I was there, I'd be facinated, sit down and talk MLP with him. I say let the haters hate, they don't understand the magic that has touched our hearts and our minds and filled us up with "sunshine sunshine sunshine" I say go him! Love and tolerate!

• Brohoof 1

While it is good that he shows his affection for his plushie, I personally wouldn't go as far as taking my own plushie everywhere with me. Mostly it's because I'm afraid I may lose my RD plushie that I made on my 18th birthday (I know, I'm a wierdo). Still, if he wishes to take his plushie everywhere he went, that's his choice. The people that posted photos like this and put a bunch of hate on them only brings more, albeit negative, publicity of the brony community. Just let him be. Let the brony community be. sheesh, you'd think that the public has something better to post other than this.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I met that guy in real life I would probably just be all like "Aww! Cute plushie I am so jealous!" and "I'm a My Little Pony fan as well, but I guess my bag gave that away."

Oh yeah, I carry around a Shining Armor and Princess Cadence bag with me when I go out (My purse was getting too heavy) I occasional get compliments from others.

• Brohoof 3

if i have to stop myself from walking around in public with plushies so should he

seriously though its frowned upon for adults to do that. idc that he's a boy if i saw someone my age carrying around a plushie, my 2nd thought after "no fair why can't i do that" is "leave it home"

• 3 weeks later...

if hes in college in that pic, than i feel like he could have done if "just because" to be funny. alot of college kids do that from time to time cuz they dont care and to give others a laghf. one time we had someone go to class all day on campus in a fur suit, xD that was so funny, props to that guy. another time we had this really big guy going around campus wearing a tu tu and a pink cut off, lmao. he might have lost a bet or something but it was great.

im not making fun of thease people, im saying props to them for making me smile. the internet is what turns things acidic and you dont get the situation unless youve been at a univercity before (if this guys at a univercity)

i guess what im saying is, in collage you can do just about anything weird and it could be taken as a meme.

• Brohoof 2

Nothing wrong with that. I used to do the same thing with my Spike plushy, and nobody cared whatsoever. By the way awesome plush, just got my sister a 20 inc Spike Plush.

"To Christ our God be given all the Honor, Glory, and Worship now and ever and unto the ages of ages. Amen."

• Brohoof 3

I dunno. To me, it kind of feels like he's doing it for attention. 

He can do/buy whatever he wants but let's be frank, most people would find this odd. It's just drawing negative attention to yourself for no reason. Just leave the thing in the house.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, it's the fedora that seals the deal for me. See, I like plushies too. I have a Rainbow Dash plushie and tons of non-MLP plushies, one of which has a Twitter account and is my mascot on tournaments. But when people start walking around with plushies and fedoras...they're either actual basement dwellers or taking the piss, and I don't know in what camp this guy belongs.

• Brohoof 1

Guys with plushies , great , have as many as he wants ,there is no age limit or what sex we are , we should enjoy what we like, live is for enjoying and mlp and plushies bring alot of enjoyment , so go ahead guys keep collecting those mlp plushies ,post-29761-0-64479000-1475278213_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Y'know, it's bad enough - though not unexpected - that there are people outside of the fandom who feel like they have to shit on anyone who watches FIM and likes ponies, but it's somehow worse when members OF said fandom feel the need to do the same.  I'm not talking about anyone who responded to this topic with the likes of, "Let him do what he wants."  But anyone who's spouting "cringe, cringe" is utterly lacking in self-awareness.  If you're a member of this fandom, you've inspired, even by mere association, those sorts of comments.  This is one of the issues I have with fans: Some of them are pretty damn quick to throw other "cringier" members under the bus.  "See that guy?  Waaaay worse than I am."

I don't give a shit if the guy's toting a ginormous Pinkie Pie plush around with him wherever he goes.  I'm not going to make assumptions about where he lives, his love life, his mental state, or any of that crap, because I neither care nor could possibly know based solely on one picture of the dude.  I'm of the mind that: If it makes you happy (and doesn't necessarily hurt you or anyone else), you should go for it.  And care as little as you possibly can about what other people think.

• Brohoof 4

I like how the girl on the left looks like she is trying to get away.

I will be blunt, that is a cringeworthy image. I don't mean to be insulting, but if you are going to go out in public a plush that size isn't the best thing to bring. Perhaps smaller, but not a life size one. He is asking to be made fun of.

It's like the people who wear fursuits in public. People will judge you and think you are a weirdo at the least. I am not saying having either is bad, but out in public with people who aren't in the community with something obvious isn't the best idea.

well now... if it is at a work space, ya i can understand the "hate" as work is work, not play time...

and that aint no desk trinket!!!

BUT, the fact of him having it should not bother anyone, as everyone has something in their life that would make another "cringe" or worse... its a given!

i can name at least 10 things in my room that some one on here, of all places, would find "cringe worthy".

but others would be fine with, or even love the fact i have them!!!

its all a matter of perception, how you look at it.

some might even say that its the ones whom want those things, that hate the most.

i do apologise if i offend in any way, this is my opinion after all...lol

• Brohoof 4

Wow, so much ado about nothing. It's just a guy with a plushie. It's no different than wearing an MLP T-shirt (or any T-shirt). It's just one of countless ways to express one's interest in something he loves. This actually caused hateful backlash on the internet?! Sheesh, some folks gotta lighten up! (Or get a hobby of their own) 

Such a cute plushie too.  :)

• Brohoof 5

• 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...

I only carry plushies around in public whenever I'm at a convention, of course I'm not a guy either, but still.

Props to him tho, you shouldn't care what anyone else thinks. :p

• Brohoof 2

• 9 months later...

Sorry to necropost, but Hey! That's me!

So random, I was watching a Cringe Comp with my friend recently, and I kept making the joke "Oh hey, that's Me!" But then I remembered that there WAS a photo of me that has been in a couple cringe comps, and decided to try looking it up, and saw This thread. I haven't been active in the fandom in Years, but I knew I had an old account here that I promised a bunch of request drawings on and never finished (Yeah, I'm probably not gonna finish those, so if you're still waiting... Uh, sorry... Although, I did think it would be pretty funny to suddenly show back up after ten years with all the requests done, but I'm much too lazy to pull that off... Anyway back to it:) So I decided to log back in and say hi!

Mostly positive responses from you all, and I appreciate it, even if Most of you Also haven't been on here in years. I'll try my best to answer some of the questions I've seen, or just what I think people Might wonder about:

First, Why? Pretty simple that one, I thought it would be funny. I didn't Always carry her around, but I thought it would be good for a laugh, maybe start a conversation or two with the people brave enough to approach me. At the time I had one for Each of the Mane Six, and also four of the CMC (Including Babs, but this was well before Gabby was a thing). I actually had them made by a woman selling them on here, though it looks like she hasn't logged in since 2013. As for the fedora... Well, unfortunately that was Unironic. I wouldn't say I Regret wearing it, but it certainly was a phase that I eventually grew out of.

This was a night class at the university I was attending. I honestly don't even remember the subject of that class, I think it was Sociology? I actually dropped that one not too far in, I just had no interest in the topic.

The person who Took the photograph originally posted it on, I wanna say Instagram? Not certain of that, maybe tumblr? IDK, wherever it was, I remember it had a caption to the effect of "Sign up for night classes they said, it'll be fine they said", and I actually reached out to her. I said That I wish she had asked first before posting my picture online, so that I could at least be smiling in it, and she apologized saying that she had no idea it would gain so much traction. I don't know if she was Sincere, but she seemed nice enough, and I don't actually mind. I did it for a laugh anyway, and I don't mind being the butt of the joke.

If anybody has further questions, I'll try to answer, but honestly I don't know if I'll remember to check here again later. I'll bookmark the page, and I guess we'll see!

• Brohoof 1

On 2016-10-01 at 11:16 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

Wow, so much ado about nothing. It's just a guy with a plushie. It's no different than wearing an MLP T-shirt (or any T-shirt). It's just one of countless ways to express one's interest in something he loves. This actually caused hateful backlash on the internet?! Sheesh, some folks gotta lighten up! (Or get a hobby of their own) 

Such a cute plushie too.  :)

That’s so true, Dreamy. :rarity::ithastolookpretty:

3AF7B065-9C4A-457E-8948-6914A9608ACF.gif.931052f31c77ae70a8b695284e48ddde.gif

Edited by TheRockARooster
  • Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...

Idk why he’s getting hate I get it’s pinkie pie and she’s from a kid show but people wear pony stuff or Pokémon stuff video game stuff and wear fur suits even.  So what’s it hurting? Just the guy with his finger coving the bottom of the pic. If anything it looks like no one cares. People are aloud to be different. I have a friend that carries a good sized bjd all the time and she gets compliments all the time. :yeahno:

• Brohoof 2