Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Samurai Equine

Shadow let out a breath. It shocking for her someone would ever threaten her life, what did she do wrong this time?

“S-Sure, Trilby” she said. They waiter took them to another empty table away from the glass windows. 

Shadow let out a breath. It shocking for her someone would ever threaten her life, what did she do wrong this time?

“S-Sure, Trilby” she said. They waiter took them to another empty table away from the glass windows “Trilby, what did I do wrong? Why did somepony tried to take my life? I haven't done anything horrible yet do i?”

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

@Pastel Heart

“Oh, we’ll see about that!” Pencil challenged. She sped over to Mortal Kombat before Pastel could select her character. Pencil found one with a purple outfit and a determined look, perfect for her personality. Pencil smiled to herself knowing it was much better than the character she chose last time.

Maybe I’ll actually have a shot at this game Pencil thought optimistically. She smirked at the idea of winning and waited for Pastel to select her character. It was time for the challenge to begin!

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine

"Heeeyy! Don't blow up the arcade~! Uh, please, atleast not while I'm in the middle of a game!!"

@ExplosionMare

Pastel was thrown off her game by all the noise, and this showed, not that she didn't put up a fight; however, this time she came up short... her next response would be very anime.

"Eeeehhh!? I call shenanigans! Uh, whoever that is!"

• Brohoof 2

22 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Samurai Equine @Pastel Heart @ExplosionMare

Dynamo turned to him and nodded at his response, before taking notice of Astral grimacing. He tilted his head slightly in confusion, before looking back at the game. Realization dawned upon him as he shook his head, before turning back to his friend. "Oh, there's no need to worry. It's the name of the game because it's a fighting game. It's mostly rated T for teen, but it's not like Mortal Kombat. So, there's no need to worry. Also, thank you and best of luck to you too, Astral."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H1LIMbjfV4

As the gamer pony started up the machine to select their characters, Dynamo went over the controls and button's on how to fight, block, evade, etc. He was rusty in this game, but he didn't want to have any sort of advantage against his friend. Once the battle began, Dynamo was able to easily take the first round. The memory of combos and the controls coming back to him. There were moments he was caught off guard as he watched Astral take some rounds from him. Upon taking his second loss in a best of five, Dynamo decided to take it up a notch. He had won back some matches, but lost as Astral had scored another point. Taking a deep breath, Dynamo knew he would have to step up his game again. This time, his horn started to glow with magic, while the fluid motion of his hooves and the controls seemed to go hoof in hoof. He weaved his head back and forth, almost as if he was fighting as the character he had selected. As Dynamo landed the finishing strike, it was as if a small gust of wind flew past the two fighters. Everyone around in the arcade would be able to feel the slight breeze the gust had given off, while drawing their attention to the source. The small gust flew past the book that Dynamo placed next to him. Effectively sending the book to the ground as it's pages opened to an unknown number.

The glow of magic soon faded as the gamer pony sighed as he took a seat on the floor. "Whew. I really have gotten rusty. I wasn't holding back, but you were holding your own. You sure you haven't played the game before, Astral? I was surprised that you were able to do that break hold. I still have trouble executing that kind of reversal. Great game, my friend." He panted as he tried to catch his breath. He had a bad habit of going all out within a fight in a game.  

@Dynamo Pad

Astral simply stood in silent awe at the blue unicorn, amazed at his hidden magical talent. Before he could say anything, he noticed that Dynamo's book had been knocked to the floor. He went to grasp it with his magic, but was surprised at the revealed contents within the page.

"Dynamo, I think you may want to take a look at this." Astral then levitated the book to Dynamo's waiting eyes.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

@Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine

"Heeeyy! Don't blow up the arcade~! Uh, please, atleast not while I'm in the middle of a game!!"

@ExplosionMare

Pastel was thrown off her game by all the noise, and this showed, not that she didn't put up a fight; however, this time she came up short... her next response would be very anime.

"Eeeehhh!? I call shenanigans! Uh, whoever that is!"

Dynamo shook his head as he tried to gather his bearings. He blinked suddenly as he heard Pastel calling out to both him and Astral. "S-Sorry about that, Pastel-chan! To be honest, I only remember using my magic to fight in video games. I don't recall much else." He gave an apologetic look, as well as a sheepish smile to Pastel and the others.

20 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

@Dynamo Pad

Astral simply stood in silent awe at the blue unicorn, amazed at his hidden magical talent. Before he could say anything, he noticed that Dynamo's book had been knocked to the floor. He went to grasp it with his magic, but was surprised at the revealed contents within the page.

"Dynamo, I think you may want to take a look at this." Astral then levitated the book to Dynamo's waiting eyes.

The gamer pony's attention soon turned to Astral, who was calling out to him. As he turned to face his friend, Dynamo soon noticed that Astral was holding a book in a magical grasp. "What's up, Astral? Why do you have my book? I thought I put the book in a safe place so it wouldn't get stepped on." He wondered as the book was levitated over towards him. Looking through the pages, the gamer pony's eyes widened in disbelief. All the while, looking up from the book and giving Astral that same look of shock. "I see what I'm reading, but I don't believe it. I-Is this actually true?" He knew a book's content couldn't be too fabricated, but he wanted to ask someone to be sure.

• Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze

Any writing that had been on the knife was gone when the waiter took it away.

After Trilby joins Shadow at a new table, he takes her hoof in his and pets it, trying to calm her down. "Shadow, relax. It's okay. Nopony is going to hurt you here. I promise you that. What happened was just a freak accident. I am here for you." Trilby says, doing his best to reassure her. "I'll order for us, and I'll provide the stories instead. That is, if you don't mind hearing silly stories about my past."

@Dynamo Pad, @Astral Vision, @Pastel Heart, @ExplosionMare, @Jack Baker

Samurai took his time with Pac-Man.
Indeed, he had gotten the hang of it. In fact, he got the hang of it so well... That soon, he got the top score! Maybe not the world-wide top score, but on that particular cabinet, he is now #1 on the board. Samurai nods at his handiwork. "Counting really did help."

Stepping away, he takes another casual stroll through the arcade. He peaks over at the game Pastel and Pencil are playing. Looks extremely violent. He thinks about saying something, but he doesn't want to interrupt, so he keeps moving.

"Hey Astral! Dynamo. Did I miss anything?" He asks. By the time he rejoins them, he sees they are examining a book.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

Shadow was still afraid but she didn't want to panic and didn't want to make situation go worse so she let inhaled and let out a breath as she attempt to calm her down. Most of the ponies around had their gazes locked at her, each with different thoughts going in their minds.

“Okay, but we should tell Sir Milenko later” she told him. 

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Windy Breeze

Any writing that had been on the knife was gone when the waiter took it away.

After Trilby joins Shadow at a new table, he takes her hoof in his and pets it, trying to calm her down. "Shadow, relax. It's okay. Nopony is going to hurt you here. I promise you that. What happened was just a freak accident. I am here for you." Trilby says, doing his best to reassure her. "I'll order for us, and I'll provide the stories instead. That is, if you don't mind hearing silly stories about my past."

@Dynamo Pad, @Astral Vision, @Pastel Heart, @ExplosionMare, @Jack Baker

Indeed, he had gotten the hang of it. In fact, he got the hang of it so well... That soon, he got the top score! Maybe not the world-wide top score, but on that particular cabinet, he is now #1 on the board. Samurai nods at his handiwork. "Counting really did help."

Stepping away, he takes another casual stroll through the arcade. He peaks over at the game Pastel and Pencil are playing. Looks extremely violent. He thinks about saying something, but he doesn't want to interrupt, so he keeps moving.

"Hey Astral! Dynamo. Did I miss anything?" He asks. By the time he rejoins them, he sees they are examining a book.

@Samurai Equine

Astral slowly turned to face Samurai with a serious look in his eyes, and tried his best to explain what had just been uncovered.

"Well Samurai, I think our gamer pony here may have just realized his own hidden potential. I myself am quite surprised, I didn't think such magic could exist."

• Brohoof 2

On 4/22/2020 at 4:31 AM, Samurai Equine said:

As Dynamo was still looking through the open book, his ears perked as he heard his name being called. He peeled his eyes away from the book to see Samurai walking over towards the duo. "Uh...yeah. Astral and I were playing a game and I won, but something happened. I don't know how or why, but the book opening to a particular page. Here. Take a look." He levitated the book over to Samurai to let him inspect their findings. If Samurai looked, he would see a pony that looked like Dynamo, but they looked older and different. "I can't truly explain it exactly, but I think that pony kind of looks like me. Is there a name or any information?" 

On 4/22/2020 at 7:47 AM, Astral Vision said:

@Samurai Equine

Astral slowly turned to face Samurai with a serious look in his eyes, and tried his best to explain what had just been uncovered.

"Well Samurai, I think our gamer pony here may have just realized his own hidden potential. I myself am quite surprised, I didn't think such magic could exist."

@Pastel Heart @ExplosionMare

Dynamo glanced over to Astral, who seemed to have a serious expression upon his face. "What do you mean, Astral? What kind of magic are you talking about? All I did was play a video game like I normally do. I can play with my hooves, but there are times I use my magic to fight on the controls. There are times I feel like I'm fighting as the character and can flow through the fighting prompts. I mean, is that bad?" He would ask with a worried expression.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

On 4/23/2020 at 8:00 AM, Dynamo Pad said:

As Dynamo was still looking through the open book, his ears perked as he heard his name being called. He peeled his eyes away from the book to see Samurai walking over towards the duo. "Uh...yeah. Astral and I were playing a game and I won, but something happened. I don't know how or why, but the book opening to a particular page. Here. Take a look." He levitated the book over to Samurai to let him inspect their findings. If Samurai looked, he would see a pony that looked like Dynamo, but they looked older and different. "I can't truly explain it exactly, but I think that pony kind of looks like me. Is there a name or any information?" 

@Pastel Heart @ExplosionMare

Dynamo glanced over to Astral, who seemed to have a serious expression upon his face. "What do you mean, Astral? What kind of magic are you talking about? All I did was play a video game like I normally do. I can play with my hooves, but there are times I use my magic to fight on the controls. There are times I feel like I'm fighting as the character and can flow through the fighting prompts. I mean, is that bad?" He would ask with a worried expression.

@Dynamo Pad

Astral turned to face the gaming unicorn; as he collected his breath, he began to explain his words.

"Dynamo, as you know, magic is based highly on mental power and control. With it, anyone can bring their thoughts to life, like my mental projection magic. For you however, its more like you process what you see in your video games, and then have your magic replicate those actions to some degree. In other words, I think you may have developed your own magic style; Its something not every unicorn is capable of, and I for one am impressed. Though be warned, its still magic, and magic can become dangerous if used incorrectly."

• Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

@Dynamo Pad

Astral turned to face the gaming unicorn; as he collected his breath, he began to explain his words.

"Dynamo, as you know, magic is based highly on mental power and control. With it, anyone can bring their thoughts to life, like my mental projection magic. For you however, its more like you process what you see in your video games, and then have your magic replicate those actions to some degree. In other words, I think you may have developed your own magic style; Its something not every unicorn is capable of, and I for one am impressed. Though be warned, its still magic, and magic can become dangerous if used incorrectly."

@Samurai Equine

As he listened to the blue unicorn's explanation, Dynamo couldn't believe what he was listening to. Upon finishing his explanation, the gaming unicorn was just about speechless. "I-I...wow. I mean, I didn't know. Whenever I play a video game, I always imagine that I'm just like that character. It was just like how I gained my cutie mark, as well as my magic. When I play, I feel as if the controls and my magic synchronize. Almost as if the motions and attacks sort of meld together and flow. It's like when throwing a punch or jump, then the character just replicates that action. I never really knew that such a style of magic could exist. Perhaps...it could be classified as sort of like a gaming style of magic." He slowly nodded, slightly worried as he took heed of Astral's warning. "Can such a magic exist thought? I mean, I know there are many different types of spells, incantations and magic. However, can something like gaming magic become a reality? If so, then can it be possible to train and master in this art?" He turned to Samurai upon his fist few questions, wondering what the asian pony thought of the idea and of the book. He soon turned back towards Astral upon his last question of training. If magic, even gaming magic could be classified as dangerous, then he would have to be prepared. He would never want to hurt anyone close to him if he knew he could prevent any and all harm.

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Samurai Equine

As he listened to the blue unicorn's explanation, Dynamo couldn't believe what he was listening to. Upon finishing his explanation, the gaming unicorn was just about speechless. "I-I...wow. I mean, I didn't know. Whenever I play a video game, I always imagine that I'm just like that character. It was just like how I gained my cutie mark, as well as my magic. When I play, I feel as if the controls and my magic synchronize. Almost as if the motions and attacks sort of meld together and flow. It's like when throwing a punch or jump, then the character just replicates that action. I never really knew that such a style of magic could exist. Perhaps...it could be classified as sort of like a gaming style of magic." He slowly nodded, slightly worried as he took heed of Astral's warning. "Can such a magic exist thought? I mean, I know there are many different types of spells, incantations and magic. However, can something like gaming magic become a reality? If so, then can it be possible to train and master in this art?" He turned to Samurai upon his fist few questions, wondering what the asian pony thought of the idea and of the book. He soon turned back towards Astral upon his last question of training. If magic, even gaming magic could be classified as dangerous, then he would have to be prepared. He would never want to hurt anyone close to him if he knew he could prevent any and all harm.

@Dynamo Pad

Astral could see Dynamo was worried upon hearing this information, he worried that Dynamo wasn't entirely prepared for this.

"Well Dynamo, we can always keep training until you feel fully prepared. However, something tells me we'll be in the arcade more, because what better place to practice gaming magic? You were able to become partially invisible in a single day, I'm sure this will be easy for you." Astral said with a smile, hoping Dynamo would take this to heart.

• Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze

Trilby nods. When Shadow calms down, the restaurant seems to calm down too. Trilby orders food for the both of them, hay steaks and fries with a side salad. "Maybe it'd be better if I made conversation instead. Did I tell you about how I got my cutie mark? It involves an Ursa Major~ Kinda." Trilby says.

@Astral Vision, @Dynamo Pad, @Jack Baker

Samurai listens to their conversation. "What Astral says is true. Many magically-proficient asian unicorns, like myself, master elemental magic. In the time when we are harnessing and refining our latent magical abilities, we go on spiritual journeys that help us get reconnected with nature. That might be why Mistmane had plant-based magic, or why I have fire-based magic. Spend enough time around the elements, and your magic can reflect this. In your case Dynamo, you must have spent a good deal around video games, so you've been slowly developing your own video game magic." Samurai explains.

However, Samurai sees Dynamo's worry. He smiles and puts a hoof on his shoulder. "Nakama, you must not fear these budding abilities you have. They are part of you. To deny them is to deny yourself. Embrace and be glad you have something unique! True, there might not be any teachers who can hold your hoof and walk you through this, but... You're in a prime position. Something like video game magic is new and previously unheard of. You could very well be a prodigy in the making! Master this magic now, and maybe other ponies will learn from your example in the future, just as ponies have learned from Mistmane, the Pillars, and many other founders of unique forms of magic." Samurai explains.

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Astral Vision said:

@Dynamo Pad

Astral could see Dynamo was worried upon hearing this information, he worried that Dynamo wasn't entirely prepared for this.

"Well Dynamo, we can always keep training until you feel fully prepared. However, something tells me we'll be in the arcade more, because what better place to practice gaming magic? You were able to become partially invisible in a single day, I'm sure this will be easy for you." Astral said with a smile, hoping Dynamo would take this to heart.

4 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

Samurai listens to their conversation. "What Astral says is true. Many magically-proficient asian unicorns, like myself, master elemental magic. In the time when we are harnessing and refining our latent magical abilities, we go on spiritual journeys that help us get reconnected with nature. That might be why Mistmane had plant-based magic, or why I have fire-based magic. Spend enough time around the elements, and your magic can reflect this. In your case Dynamo, you must have spent a good deal around video games, so you've been slowly developing your own video game magic." Samurai explains.

However, Samurai sees Dynamo's worry. He smiles and puts a hoof on his shoulder. "Nakama, you must not fear these budding abilities you have. They are part of you. To deny them is to deny yourself. Embrace and be glad you have something unique! True, there might not be any teachers who can hold your hoof and walk you through this, but... You're in a prime position. Something like video game magic is new and previously unheard of. You could very well be a prodigy in the making! Master this magic now, and maybe other ponies will learn from your example in the future, just as ponies have learned from Mistmane, the Pillars, and many other founders of unique forms of magic." Samurai explains.

Dynamo turned his attention over towards Samurai, while the asian pony began to explain the meaning behind one's own magical abilities. "Huh. I never really thought of it that way. To be able to be around games enough to discover a possible new kind of magic. It does sound unheard of, but it might not be impossible. I know that in games, there are spells like fire, ice, thunder and such being used. Perhaps that could be a sort of hint towards the idea of magic within games. There's possibly many different spells, but I do like the idea of elemental magic. Granted, I only learned of the basic fundamentals of magic when I was in school. So, I don't know much about elemental magic, or even other kinds. It's all really fascinating, in my opinion." He would say, looking down towards the ground as he allowed what he had learned to process within his mind.

The gamer pony nearly jumped as he felt a hoof upon his shoulder. He looked up to see Samurai, who along with Astral, had given them their reassurance and guidance. His jaw dropped as he was honestly surprised what he had been told. Others had helped in training to grasp the concept of magic, but few had kept the patience to teach. Here were those he could call friends that saw something in him that even he had doubted within himself. He trembled slightly as he wasn't used to praise and/or guidance. However, he still showed the two a soft, yet appreciative smile. "T-Thanks, you guys. I've always wanted to discover the magic within. That other part of myself that was either denied, or locked away." He would say, looking towards Astral. "I'll take you up on your offer to keep training. If what you and Samurai had said was true, then maybe I can make this gaming magic into my own. Perhaps what Samurai said about using elemental magic as a sort of starting base. Now that I know what kind of magic is possible, then at least these spells won't be as difficult, or will become somewhat natural. I'm all for practicing magic in the arcade, but we'll figure out a better location. We wouldn't want to destroy any arcade machine, or make a game short circuit." He chuckled, but he knew he was all for the plan. 

He looked back to Samurai with a nod. "I've always heard that there are many different ways that can be the gateway towards the soul. At least, that's what my mother always told me. Seeing how she is a dancer and that she helps others to find their inner dancer. I guess it can be the same way from within video games. Whenever you clash with someone in a tournament or game in general. It's like both player's passionate heart and souls are clashing. Sort of like fighting for your ideals and convictions. There are times where no words are even needed to be said. Whenever you play someone, it's like you can understand them, while video games as a whole can help bring everyone together. I think it would be great to teach others through games and through magic when the time comes. I know right now that I've got a whole lot to learn, before that time comes. Also, you said nakama. I've read a few manga books and seen some anime that use that word. I believe it's 'comrade' or 'friend,' right?"

• Brohoof 2

On 4/26/2020 at 8:25 AM, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo turned his attention over towards Samurai, while the asian pony began to explain the meaning behind one's own magical abilities. "Huh. I never really thought of it that way. To be able to be around games enough to discover a possible new kind of magic. It does sound unheard of, but it might not be impossible. I know that in games, there are spells like fire, ice, thunder and such being used. Perhaps that could be a sort of hint towards the idea of magic within games. There's possibly many different spells, but I do like the idea of elemental magic. Granted, I only learned of the basic fundamentals of magic when I was in school. So, I don't know much about elemental magic, or even other kinds. It's all really fascinating, in my opinion." He would say, looking down towards the ground as he allowed what he had learned to process within his mind.

The gamer pony nearly jumped as he felt a hoof upon his shoulder. He looked up to see Samurai, who along with Astral, had given them their reassurance and guidance. His jaw dropped as he was honestly surprised what he had been told. Others had helped in training to grasp the concept of magic, but few had kept the patience to teach. Here were those he could call friends that saw something in him that even he had doubted within himself. He trembled slightly as he wasn't used to praise and/or guidance. However, he still showed the two a soft, yet appreciative smile. "T-Thanks, you guys. I've always wanted to discover the magic within. That other part of myself that was either denied, or locked away." He would say, looking towards Astral. "I'll take you up on your offer to keep training. If what you and Samurai had said was true, then maybe I can make this gaming magic into my own. Perhaps what Samurai said about using elemental magic as a sort of starting base. Now that I know what kind of magic is possible, then at least these spells won't be as difficult, or will become somewhat natural. I'm all for practicing magic in the arcade, but we'll figure out a better location. We wouldn't want to destroy any arcade machine, or make a game short circuit." He chuckled, but he knew he was all for the plan. 

He looked back to Samurai with a nod. "I've always heard that there are many different ways that can be the gateway towards the soul. At least, that's what my mother always told me. Seeing how she is a dancer and that she helps others to find their inner dancer. I guess it can be the same way from within video games. Whenever you clash with someone in a tournament or game in general. It's like both player's passionate heart and souls are clashing. Sort of like fighting for your ideals and convictions. There are times where no words are even needed to be said. Whenever you play someone, it's like you can understand them, while video games as a whole can help bring everyone together. I think it would be great to teach others through games and through magic when the time comes. I know right now that I've got a whole lot to learn, before that time comes. Also, you said nakama. I've read a few manga books and seen some anime that use that word. I believe it's 'comrade' or 'friend,' right?"

@Dynamo Pad

Astral smiled , knowing just how Dynamo felt about magic. When he was in Celestia's class for gifted unicorns, he always had an insatiable desire for learning the magic arts, and now he could help to teach someone else their own style.

"Video games are certainly a great way to form friendships Dynamo, and can most certainly lead to clashes of ideals. Just remember that you have friends to help you learn along the way. Now then, you up for another game?"

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

@Dynamo Pad

Astral smiled , knowing just how Dynamo felt about magic. When he was in Celestia's class for gifted unicorns, he always had an insatiable desire for learning the magic arts, and now he could help to teach someone else their own style.

"Video games are certainly a great way to form friendships Dynamo, and can most certainly lead to clashes of ideals. Just remember that you have friends to help you learn along the way. Now then, you up for another game?"

@Astral Vision @Pastel Heart @Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare

Dynamo smiled, while listening to Astral's remark on video games. "It's what my old teacher once taught and told me when it came to video games. His name is Pinball Wizard, an earth pony. He was all about teaching ponies how to become skilled in games. At the same time, he tried to teach ponies to solve disputes with games and not through violence. I'm not sure if I said all of that before, but I know I never mentioned his name. There were some circumstances revolving that rule, but he wanted to show peace through games. He took me on as an apprentice to learn everything he knew in games. Along with teaching me on how to run an arcade." He nodded, feeling grateful upon hearing the mention of friends. "Thank you and I'll make sure to always keep that in mind. Also, I'm up for another game. Rematch, or should we pick another game? I picked the last game, so you get to choose this time. How about you, Samurai? Did you want to join in on the competition?" He turned to Samurai with a grin.

@Windy Breeze

Trilby laughs a little. "No, not necessarily. When I was a young colt, I loved putting pieces of fabric together. I had a friend who got lost in a cave and honestly thought he saw an Ursa Major. The next day, he told all the kids at school about it!" Trilby eats between sentences. "Well, you know how kids are, they wanted him to prove it. So he took us all to the cave, and... Turns out, he was seeing things. It wasn't an Ursa Major. It was just a harmless grizzly bear that accidentally got covered in some sparkly blue confetti."

Trilby finishes his hay steak and moves on to his salad. "The next few days, the kids kept making fun of him for making such a big deal about an Ursa Major. It was making him sad, so I made a hat to cheer him up. And it worked! He loved the hat, and everypony in class thought he looked so cool. He went on to be one of the popular ponies. And helping out others with my hats made me feel so happy, it made my cutie mark appear."

@Astral Vision, @Dynamo Pad

"Before we find a game that allows three players, I'd really like your help." Samurai pulls out the enchanted puzzle box. "I've tried, but I can't seem to unlock the next thing this box wants me to do. Would you both be willing to help me solve this box? Right now, you're the only friends I trust." Samurai holds it close enough for Astral and Dynamo to try. It looks very complicated with all its millions of tiny moving points, but any help is better than none.

@Samurai Equine

Shadow's horrified expression was replaced with smile. She was happy to hear he got his cutie mark by helping someone else using the hat he made. Little did she know, she was a Bully herself in the past “I'm pleased to how you got your cutie mark by helping others” she smiled. She looked down at her cutie mark in sadness. She didn't remember how she got her cutie mark, she knew her mark represents her talent of something she had yet to know “I really wanted to tell you how i got my cutie mark, but...” she looked at her surroundings. There was nothing out of the ordinary. Then she heard a crack above her. She looked up to see the ceiling cracking! She decided to ignore it and look back at the haberdasher sitting across the table “it seems somepony wants me to shut up about it” 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

"Before we find a game that allows three players, I'd really like your help." Samurai pulls out the enchanted puzzle box. "I've tried, but I can't seem to unlock the next thing this box wants me to do. Would you both be willing to help me solve this box? Right now, you're the only friends I trust." Samurai holds it close enough for Astral and Dynamo to try. It looks very complicated with all its millions of tiny moving points, but any help is better than none.

Upon hearing Samurai's request, Dynamo turned his attention to the asian pony with a nod. "Okay and no problem. I guess it would depend on the game as most arcade machines usually allow two player's to face each other. Although there are some games, like skee-ball, that allow for multiple lanes for others to play. How can we help?" His question was soon answered as he watched Samurai, who had brought out the enchanted puzzle box. As he learned of the task the was placed before them, the gamer pony soon gained a puzzled expression. At the same time, trying to make heads or tails on the puzzle box. "I remember you were mentioning something about the box. I think it was during the time we were all going out to get dinner and dessert. I don't know how much help I'll be, but I'll be sure to give it my best attempt. One thing I'm wondering is this. I haven't seen a puzzle box before, so I don't know if there are any sort of buttons or combinations like a lock. Has there been any sort of activation and/or cause for the box to unlock?" He asks, taking notice of the complicated design with all of the tiny moving points. To Dynamo, it looked like a Rubik's cube, but on a more difficult level.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Pastel Heart

“Heh heh!” Pencil snickered. She was beginning to like this game. She doubted she was going to win so easily the second time, but she was having fun nonetheless.

“Do you wanna play again or do you want to play something else? I think there’s some kind of competition going on over there,” Pencil asked. She gestured her hoof to indicate where the competition was being held.

As she waited for Pastel to either declare a rematch or join the competition, Pencil took out her sketchbook and drew everything she had seen so far. She started with various rows of arcade cabinets then drew the rows of lights planted against the walls. She then moved on to the intricate details of the cabinets. Her favorite one to draw was the Pac-Mane one with the cute little ghosts and the fruits. Her pencil glided across the paper after the arcade machines were drawn, creating a fine horizon line at the top of the page. Pencil Pouch was going to start coloring, but decided to write notes in certain corners of the page instead for later. Coloring would take a long time, and she couldn’t keep anypony waiting in case they wanted to play another game. 

@ExplosionMare

As the matches ended, a curious Pastel would lean over Pencil to get a peek at what she was drawing. Looks like the arcade? She was really good at this, Pastel thought. Probably why pencil was in her name! She waited for her to get the sketch down before saying something.

"Hehe, who needs a camera when you can make your own mementos, huh? If there's a competition, we should both go join! No way you're gonna sit here all alone while everypony else has fun; heroine idol extraordinaire Pastel Heart will not accept that route! Come on come on!~"

Pastel rather pushfully and insistently nudged Pencil towards the group, pushing her from behind with her head and making Sonic like running motions with her feet; she wasn't strong enough to actually move Pencil, it's more like a little kid pulling on your leg. Times like these they should be making memories together, she thought, and no friend would get left behind. The others could see this no-context sight from across the arcade, probably.

• Brohoof 1

On 4/29/2020 at 2:27 AM, Samurai Equine said:

@Windy Breeze

Trilby laughs a little. "No, not necessarily. When I was a young colt, I loved putting pieces of fabric together. I had a friend who got lost in a cave and honestly thought he saw an Ursa Major. The next day, he told all the kids at school about it!" Trilby eats between sentences. "Well, you know how kids are, they wanted him to prove it. So he took us all to the cave, and... Turns out, he was seeing things. It wasn't an Ursa Major. It was just a harmless grizzly bear that accidentally got covered in some sparkly blue confetti."

Trilby finishes his hay steak and moves on to his salad. "The next few days, the kids kept making fun of him for making such a big deal about an Ursa Major. It was making him sad, so I made a hat to cheer him up. And it worked! He loved the hat, and everypony in class thought he looked so cool. He went on to be one of the popular ponies. And helping out others with my hats made me feel so happy, it made my cutie mark appear."

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad

Astral analyzed the cubical artifact thoroughly, trying to spot any openings or clues. While Astral was very fascinated with magical devices, he had never seen something quite this complex before. Then he remembered the pony Samurai had mentioned previously; Final Premonition, the original owner and creator of the Laronde Box. Astral wondered if the pony had created a hidden key, but not necessarily a physical one.

"Samurai, this Final Premonition pony you mentioned before, he was quite an expert in magic correct? Maybe the problem is that you're trying to find a physical way to open it, when in actuality it needs magic to function. If we combine your pyrokinetic magic with my own mental projection magic, perhaps we could get the box to react?"

Astral then turned to face Dynamo after presenting his theory.

"You're welcome to pitch in with your own magic if you want Dynamo. But this could be dangerous, so I suggest you stand back."

• Brohoof 1

@Pastel Heart

Pencil shut her notebook and neatly put away her supplies. She saw out of the corner of her eye that Pastel was admiring the drawing. Normally this would make Pencil feel uncomfortable, but Pencil was drawing in public and around friends. Other ponies seeing her work was rather unavoidable. Pencil smiled to herself and stepped away from Mortal Kombat, stretching her fore-hooves as she did to work out the small cramps.

Suddenly, she felt something push up against her hind legs. Pastel was pushing her towards the competition, urging her to come along. Stepping away from the filly, Pencil exclaimed,

“Alright, alright! I’m coming!”

Pencil could barely contain her laughter, thus resulting in a large snorting sound. Pencil covered her mouth and blushed, hoping most of the ponies here ignored it. 

Edited by ExplosionMare
Formatting
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Astral Vision said:

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad

Astral analyzed the cubical artifact thoroughly, trying to spot any openings or clues. While Astral was very fascinated with magical devices, he had never seen something quite this complex before. Then he remembered the pony Samurai had mentioned previously; Final Premonition, the original owner and creator of the Laronde Box. Astral wondered if the pony had created a hidden key, but not necessarily a physical one.

"Samurai, this Final Premonition pony you mentioned before, he was quite an expert in magic correct? Maybe the problem is that you're trying to find a physical way to open it, when in actuality it needs magic to function. If we combine your pyrokinetic magic with my own mental projection magic, perhaps we could get the box to react?"

Astral then turned to face Dynamo after presenting his theory.

"You're welcome to pitch in with your own magic if you want Dynamo. But this could be dangerous, so I suggest you stand back."

@Samurai Equine

Dynamo tilted his head slightly upon hearing the name. This was his first time hearing the name Final Premonition, so he was completely out of the loop. 

"I hope you don't mind in me asking, but who is this Final Premonition? Based on what Astral said in being an expert at magic, then I'm going to guess that, he too, was a unicorn? If not, then it's pretty interesting how a non unicorn can use magic. It's rare, but I heard it's possible. At least, that's what I learned in school. Was Friendshire his original home, or did he happen to move here?"

The gamer pony began asking questions left in right in rapid succession. Realizing this, he blinked as he gave the two an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry for all the questions. I guess that's sort of a bad habit. It's just that I tend to want to know any and all information regarding something. So, that way we can figure out a few or one concrete conclusion. Opening the box the physical way could work. However, maybe there's a different way to solve it. Hey, Samurai. Has the box opened or activated in any way recently?"

He looked to Samurai, before looking back at Astral with a nod. Taking heed of the warning, while looking into the theory.

"Hmm...can I make a suggestion? Maybe I can try and placed my horn upon the box and place my magic upon it. Now that I know what kind of magic I might have, then I can have my magic act as a sort of conductor. Afterwards, you both can use that respective magic to see if it'll all combine to get the box to react. What do you think? Would something like that be even possible or plausible?"

11 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

@Pastel Heart

Pencil shut her notebook and neatly put away her supplies. She saw out of the corner of her eye that Pastel was admiring the drawing. Normally this would make Pencil feel uncomfortable, but Pencil was drawing in public and around friends. Other ponies seeing her work was rather unavoidable. Pencil smiled to herself and stepped away from Mortal Kombat, stretching her fore-hooves as she did to work out the small cramps.

Suddenly, she felt something push up against her hind legs. Pastel was pushing her towards the competition, urging her to come along. Stepping away from the filly, Pencil exclaimed,

“Alright, alright! I’m coming!”

Pencil could barely contain her laughter, thus resulting in a large snorting sound. Pencil covered her mouth and blushed, hoping most of the ponies here ignored it. 

@Pastel Heart

As he was giving his two cents on the situation, Dynamo's ears perked as he heard the sound of laughter. He turned towards the source to see Pastel and Pencil were making their way towards them. The gamer pony could only smile as he held out a fore-hoof to wave to them.

"Hey! How was Mortal Kombat? Did you both have fun playing the game? I hope the game was able to run without any issues." He would say with a grin.