Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

23 hours ago, Astral Vision said:

@Dynamo Pad @Pastel Heart @Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare

Astral was glad to see Dynamo and the others have fun with their reference material, but his ear quickly perked up as he heard another voice close by. Turning his head, Astral saw a radio playing in the town square, and he then walked over eager to listen.

Astral's eyes enlarged with excitement; not only was the pony the same one as Samurai had mentioned, but he finally had a name of one of the mayors, as well as a potential lead on the town's divide. Astral wanted to dash to Trilby's as soon as possible, but he knew he couldn't leave the others behind, at least not without telling them. Astral soon rejoined the group, and began to tell them of his new objective.

"My apologies friends, but I'm afraid something has come up. I'll try to make it to the arcade later, but for now I have to get to Trilby's. Be sure to have fun, and signal if you need me." Astral then turned to leave for Trilby's store, hoping the group would not be disheartened.

Dynamo blinked as Astral disappeared momentarily, before seeing him running off to a radio playing in the town square. Just as soon as he caught sight of his friend, he blinked once more as he heard Astral announce his departure from the group. He wanted to ask what was wrong, but it appeared that Astral was in a hurry. "Okay and no worries, Astral. If you can make it the arcade later, then that will be awesome. We'll make sure to keep the games going so you can have a crack at it. We'll keep you posted if something comes up. We'll see you soon, my friend." He waved as Astral had taken his leave. He wondered who Astral had mentioned by Trilby, but he couldn't say for sure. For the time being, he was glad that everyone was still on board with the arcade.

5 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

Samurai takes in Pastel's, Pencil's, and Dynamo's explanation. "Mmm... I have much to learn. This 'Sonic' sounds interesting... If he and Kirby were in an anime, I might have seen it somewhere." Samurai says. As they trot along, Samurai looks ahead. "Is that our destination?" He points to a familiar-looking building.

As Astral passes a local radio, he does get at least one clue from Trilby's interview. The name of one of the mayors...
White Addenbrooks.
So no matter what, at least Astral has a name to go by. That's one lead he can hold on to.

"Hmm? Oh... Okay. Ganbatte (good luck), Astral-san!" Samurai says as he leaves suddenly. "I wonder what that's all about..." Samurai says when Astral departs. If he goes straight to Trilby's store, he won't find Trilby there. The store is closed for the day, with a 'Closed' sign in the window and everything. However, if he browses the neighborhood, he'll find Trilby in the next block over. He's waiting outside, around a set of apartment complexes.

@Pastel Heart @ExplosionMare

"Hmm...you can say that. Kirby and Sonic have their own separate anime and separate abilities. While Sonic can run at insane levels of speed. Kirby has the power to inhale anything and take on the abilities of that property. So, say he inhales enough fire, then he can take on the form of 'Fire Kirby.' Which means he has his own way of pyrokinesis. It's the same thing when it involves water, ice and other items like a wheel." Dynamo was silent for a moment, before turning to Samurai. "I know that last one sounded confusing, but it somehow works. Also, it's anime that we are talking about. So, the illogical can and will somehow be logical." He chuckled, before looking in the direction that Samurai was pointing towards. "If you mean the arcade, then I think so. Unless you are talking about Pencil's house because I know we have to make a quick detour first.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

Kronos shook his head in bewilderment. 

This one works for the mayor directly? he thought to himself. 

“Hang on,” Kronos asked, “You mean to tell me that this whole thing was just a complicated scheme for shits and giggles? I......can actually respect that. So, speaking to the mayor directly? Take me to him......” 

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare

"Yes!"

Pastel dramatically responded to Dynamo in a pose. Anything less than that and she'd probably fly off. Luckily for her she didn't have to put in any legwork herself and just lounged like a lap cat. She was content atleast.

@Astral Vision

"Aww, so much for me going down. Well, see you soon Astral!"

She waved in understanding. She wasn't offended, more so, inwardly perplexed. Astral was hard to make a nickname for...

@Samurai Equine

"We're all, like, united maaan. No matter the language."

Pastel nodded to herself in response to Samurai, as if she heard that somewhere before.

As he pointed ahead, Pastel stuck her head out over Dynamo's, putting her head on his head like one of those Russian dolls and smiled.

"Destination found! New location! Or, not so new, nyaha~"

@Pastel Heart @Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine

Pencil arrived at her doorstep and unlocked the front door. She shut the door behind her and lit her horn to save on having to use the electricity. She could barely see with the dim pink glow of her horn, but it didn’t take her long to find her sketchbook and pencils lying on her desk. She exchanged the light spell for simple levitation, finding that multiple spells at once would be too draining. Carefully Pencil held onto the notebook and stacked her colored pencils neatly.

“There, now you’re all nice and neat! Hopefully I can actually draw something useful tonight,” she chided more to the notepad than herself.

Pencil unlocked the door and stepped outside, seeing that everypony was still waiting. She gave a slight shiver in the cold night air. Before she could stand around in the cold any longer, she said,

“Okay, I’m ready! Do we need to make anymore stops or can we go to the arcade now?”

• Brohoof 2

@Kronos the Revenant

With a nod, Silver Cartogram leads the way. It takes a while to get there, it is on the far North East part of town. The building doubles as a hotel.

Silver takes Cartogram to the top floor, and from there to the mayor's room. It's actually built like an office space, with a private office room just for the mayor. Going up to his door, Silver knocks. "It's me, sir. Silver Cartogram. I brought him here, just like you asked." Silver says. "...Let him in! I want to talk to him in private." A rather gruff sounding voice says from behind the office door.

Silver faces Kronos and opens the door. "The mayor will see you now."

@Windy Breeze, @Astral Vision

Trilby's thought were interrupted when Shadow finally rejoined him. With a smile, he takes her hoof. "I want to do whatever will make you happy today, my dear." He kisses her hoof. "If you want to go to dinner today, we can. Or, if you want to make yourself comfortable in your new home and neighborhood, we can always reschedule. Likewise, we could also..." Before Trilby can continue, he is interrupted when another stallion joins them.

Trilby turns to face Astral, moving aside a little so that he can see Shadow as well. "Yes, my name is Trilby Hatter. If you're in need of any clothes, I'm sorry, but the shop is closed just for today. I'm trying to show a special mare a good time today. But if you want to place a custom order, I can write it down real quick, and you can pick it up tomorrow." Trilby explains.

@Pastel Heart, @ExplosionMare, @Dynamo Pad, @Astral Vision

Samurai listens to Dynamo explain things. "Oh... That would explain Pastel's comment about me swallowing another pony. I think I must experience these games personally."

However, it seems thanks to Pastel's confirmation, they have arrived at Dynamo's place, and apparently Pencil's too. He steps aside and gives all three of them a quick salute. "I'll stay out here and keep watch while you go get your things. I have a feeling we should hurry to the arcade as fast as possible." Samurai says before turning to Pastel specifically. "We may be united regardless of language, but I'd like us to be united by art. I can't wait to see yours."

As Samurai waits, it seems Pencil finishes collecting her things first. "You're very efficient. Unless Dynamo or Pastel say otherwise, I think we can start heading to the arcade right away."

• Brohoof 3

@Samurai Equine @Astral Vision

Shadow slightly blushed when Trilby kissed her hoof. Was she really need to take this stallion to a 'dinner'? What if he was just going after her beauty, or even her career, or her reputation? She knew he would never do that to her. Her thought are however interrupted by a pony, a stallion approach them. Shadow decided not to speak, knowing this is Trilby's own business and not hers. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Kronos the Revenant

With a nod, Silver Cartogram leads the way. It takes a while to get there, it is on the far North East part of town. The building doubles as a hotel.

Silver takes Cartogram to the top floor, and from there to the mayor's room. It's actually built like an office space, with a private office room just for the mayor. Going up to his door, Silver knocks. "It's me, sir. Silver Cartogram. I brought him here, just like you asked." Silver says. "...Let him in! I want to talk to him in private." A rather gruff sounding voice says from behind the office door.

Silver faces Kronos and opens the door. "The mayor will see you now."

Trilby's thought were interrupted when Shadow finally rejoined him. With a smile, he takes her hoof. "I want to do whatever will make you happy today, my dear." He kisses her hoof. "If you want to go to dinner today, we can. Or, if you want to make yourself comfortable in your new home and neighborhood, we can always reschedule. Likewise, we could also..." Before Trilby can continue, he is interrupted when another stallion joins them.

Trilby turns to face Astral, moving aside a little so that he can see Shadow as well. "Yes, my name is Trilby Hatter. If you're in need of any clothes, I'm sorry, but the shop is closed just for today. I'm trying to show a special mare a good time today. But if you want to place a custom order, I can write it down real quick, and you can pick it up tomorrow." Trilby explains.

@Pastel Heart, @ExplosionMare, @Dynamo Pad, @Astral Vision

Samurai listens to Dynamo explain things. "Oh... That would explain Pastel's comment about me swallowing another pony. I think I must experience these games personally."

However, it seems thanks to Pastel's confirmation, they have arrived at Dynamo's place, and apparently Pencil's too. He steps aside and gives all three of them a quick salute. "I'll stay out here and keep watch while you go get your things. I have a feeling we should hurry to the arcade as fast as possible." Samurai says before turning to Pastel specifically. "We may be united regardless of language, but I'd like us to be united by art. I can't wait to see yours."

As Samurai waits, it seems Pencil finishes collecting her things first. "You're very efficient. Unless Dynamo or Pastel say otherwise, I think we can start heading to the arcade right away."

@Samurai Equine

"Actually Trilby, I wanted to talk to you about something else. I heard on the radio that you work for one of the mayors named 'White Addenbrooks'. I'm currently investigating the reasons behind the mayors' dispute, is there anything you know that could help me?"

@Windy Breeze

Astral turned his head to see another pony patiently waiting beside Trilby, and this pony was in fact a Pegasus.

"Don't worry miss, this shouldn't take too long."

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Astral Vision

“Don't worry about me sir. I'm as patient as a mother octopus” she told the stallion. She was very interest and worried to hear, Trilby Hatter the hat maker, of all ponies works for somepony named White Addenbrooks, one of the mayors of Friendshire. She was a little concerned when the stranger mentioned a dispute involving the said mayor. 

• Brohoof 1

@Astral Vision, @Windy Breeze

"Oh, you're here about that radio broadcast earlier. I did mention the mayor in that, didn't I? All right then, letter of approval, please." Trilby says, leaving Astral confused. Before he can ask, Trilby elaborates. "Letter of approval. Unless you have a letter or some form of official approval from Mayor Addenbrooks himself, I cannot help you. My business deals with him are STRICTLY confidential. Top Secret. I can't discuss anything about him or his plans; I can't do anything really. The only reason I mentioned him in the interview earlier today was because the mayor sent me an order from his office telling me to do so. He liked the concert yesterday, and really wanted to make sure every pony in town knew about it." Trilby explains.

Samurai had told Astral something earlier. He said that the Laronde Box was the only way to bring the two mayors together, and it would do so by showing them activities that need to be completed. It seems the concert that box suggested had somehow affected Mayor Addenbrooks in a positive way.

Trilby leans in closer to Shadow. "I swear, they never want hats or clothes these days..." Trilby says jokingly.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

Kronos went into the office of the mayor. He looked slightly behind him as the door closed. He went forward and sat in front of the mayor and gave a low, non-threatening growl.

”So,” he began, “What does the esteemed mayor of this town want with someone like me?”

Kronos’ voices began conversing with each other.

He needs our talents. 

What does he need them for?

What will we learn about this town from him?

Ask him the big questions, young one.

Kronos calmly and subtly trembled his head to stop his voices. 

On 4/6/2020 at 10:19 AM, Pastel Heart said:

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare

"Yes!"

Pastel dramatically responded to Dynamo in a pose. Anything less than that and she'd probably fly off. Luckily for her she didn't have to put in any legwork herself and just lounged like a lap cat. She was content atleast.

"We're all, like, united maaan. No matter the language."

Pastel nodded to herself in response to Samurai, as if she heard that somewhere before.

As he pointed ahead, Pastel stuck her head out over Dynamo's, putting her head on his head like one of those Russian dolls and smiled.

"Destination found! New location! Or, not so new, nyaha~"

Dynamo grinned as Pastel had followed up on his pose. To him, it was like they were imitating an anime, but he wasn't sure if that was the case. As he looked to where Pastel was pointing, the gamer pony smiled as he slowed in his step. "Attention all passengers. We have to temporarily come to a stop as we are making a quick detour in destination. We appreciate your time traveling as we'll be back on course very shortly." He chuckled as he felt her chin resting upon his head. All the while, stopping as he made sure she wouldn't fall off.

18 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

@Pastel Heart @Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine

Pencil arrived at her doorstep and unlocked the front door. She shut the door behind her and lit her horn to save on having to use the electricity. She could barely see with the dim pink glow of her horn, but it didn’t take her long to find her sketchbook and pencils lying on her desk. She exchanged the light spell for simple levitation, finding that multiple spells at once would be too draining. Carefully Pencil held onto the notebook and stacked her colored pencils neatly.

“There, now you’re all nice and neat! Hopefully I can actually draw something useful tonight,” she chided more to the notepad than herself.

Pencil unlocked the door and stepped outside, seeing that everypony was still waiting. She gave a slight shiver in the cold night air. Before she could stand around in the cold any longer, she said,

“Okay, I’m ready! Do we need to make anymore stops or can we go to the arcade now?”

Just before Pencil took her quick leave to her house, Dynamo placed a front hoof close to his face to call out to her. "Just take your time and no rush. We'll still be here when you get back." He smiled as he and the others waited patiently for their friend. After a few minutes had gone by, Dynamo smiled once more as Pencil had returned with her sketch pad. "Welcome back, Pencil! I don't think we need to make anymore stops. Pastel and I live right next door to the arcade as roommates. So, I think we have our next destination in mind." He gave a honking noise like a balloon/ferry ride for Pastel as he began to walk once more. 

12 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

As he began to walk once more, Dynamo turned his head towards Samurai with a nod. "Eeeyup. There are many different gimmicks for certain video game characters that make them unique. It's nice knowing that video games have piqued your interest, as well as Pencil's. We'll be at the arcade before you know it." He would say, nodding once more in agreement towards Samurai's remark. "I can't wait to see the art, as well. That drawing you made earlier was really impressive, Pencil. If you were able to do something like that on the fly, then I can only imagine how amazing the art looks from your sketch pad." He grinned, his eyes trailing back towards the filly, who was still on his back. "What do you say, Pastel-chan? Any more detours, or should we take them towards the promise land for all gamer's?"

@ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad

Pastel giggled at Dynamo doing his best to make her laugh. She wished she could make him laugh more, too. Something nagged in the back of her mind... What would grandpa think of him? Wait, why was she asking herself that? She shook her head and smiled at her trio of friends.

"Did Pencil get everything she needs? Then off to yander arcade then! I'm gonna crush with flying neon colors~"

She put her hoof in her mane as if her mane itself would streak neon... but it wouldn't of course. She was just showing off at this point.

• Brohoof 1

@Kronos the Revenant

Printed on the office door, and on the name plate on the mayor's desk, reads the name Black Ziggurate. When Kronos enters, Mayor Ziggurate is sitting at his desk with his back to Kronos.

However, once Kronos takes a seat, he turns around. This earth pony is rather short and tubby, dressed formally, but his mane is a fuzzy mess and he's smoking a cigar. "Quite the little show I put on, wasn't it? But I had a feeling somepony like you would figure it out... Kronos." He says, letting it sink in. "That's right. The census pony at the town gate tells me all about any new citizens to the town, and that includes you. I've been watching all the new ponies that have come into my town. The regular citizens are witless, dull, and oblivious. Nopony has any sense of agency. But you do, and that's why you were able to solve that simple sabotage case."

The mayor taps the ash of his cigar away in an ash tray. "The name's Black Ziggurate. That's Mayor Ziggurate to you. I told Silver out there that if any pony can solve that sabbotage case, then bring them here so I can speak with them. You did, so I have a proposition for you... How would you like to work for me while you're here, Mr. Kronos? You can still hold down any other jobs you want; working for me won't be time consuming. I just need a better assistant. Silver is a good lad, means well, but doesn't quite have that spark I'm looking for. No gumption. I get the feeling that if somepony like you were working for me, we could make this town a LOT more interesting. How good are you at random acts of chaos?"

@Pastel Heart, @ExplosionMare, @Dynamo Pad

It seems Samurai doesn't have to wait long. Shortly after Pencil returns, so does Dynamo and Pastel. "I guess we are off then. To the arcade!" He echos Pastel, but lets Dynamo lead the way. "I really should make time for each of you individually. I am glad we are all friends, but I still have so much to learn about each of you." Samurai could practically hear the sounds of the arcade all ready.

11 hours ago, Windy Breeze said:

@Samurai Equine

@Astral Vision

Shadow gave him a frown, not recognizing his joke “Oh, that is not true. Ponies in big cities like Manehattan and Canterlot still wears them” she then turn towards the stranger and asked “Are you a journalist?” 

@Windy Breeze

Astral turned to face the Pegasus, and knew it best to answer her question.

"I suppose you could call me an archiver of sorts, the dispute of this town simply caught my interest."

14 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Astral Vision, @Windy Breeze

"Oh, you're here about that radio broadcast earlier. I did mention the mayor in that, didn't I? All right then, letter of approval, please." Trilby says, leaving Astral confused. Before he can ask, Trilby elaborates. "Letter of approval. Unless you have a letter or some form of official approval from Mayor Addenbrooks himself, I cannot help you. My business deals with him are STRICTLY confidential. Top Secret. I can't discuss anything about him or his plans; I can't do anything really. The only reason I mentioned him in the interview earlier today was because the mayor sent me an order from his office telling me to do so. He liked the concert yesterday, and really wanted to make sure every pony in town knew about it." Trilby explains.

Samurai had told Astral something earlier. He said that the Laronde Box was the only way to bring the two mayors together, and it would do so by showing them activities that need to be completed. It seems the concert that box suggested had somehow affected Mayor Addenbrooks in a positive way.

Trilby leans in closer to Shadow. "I swear, they never want hats or clothes these days..." Trilby says jokingly.

Astral was disappointed, once again he had hit a speed bump in his investigation. Though he remembered what Samurai had told him, that the Laronde box had shown a positive attitude with this 'Addenbrooks' pony. Despite this setback, Astral was determined to trace the origins of a potential curse; it was his duty to protect Equestria from dark magic, and he would not fail.

"Well, it's good to know that he appreciated the public event. Now don't worry about any personal info, but there is something I still wish to ask you. Have you noticed anything strange about the town lately? Have you felt anything 'off' in the general atmosphere? Because sources tell me there may be a potential... curse."

(edited)

@Astral Vision

“D-Dark magic? In Friendshire?” Shadow stuttered, oblivious that she was just freed from Nightmare Moon's control in the previous day “Oh my, I heard dark magic is dangerous... a-and how did you know there's dark magic in town?” with another curse in town, it seems the freelance photographer is unable to do her task. 

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

@ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad

Pastel giggled at Dynamo doing his best to make her laugh. She wished she could make him laugh more, too. Something nagged in the back of her mind... What would grandpa think of him? Wait, why was she asking herself that? She shook her head and smiled at her trio of friends.

"Did Pencil get everything she needs? Then off to yander arcade then! I'm gonna crush with flying neon colors~"

She put her hoof in her mane as if her mane itself would streak neon... but it wouldn't of course. She was just showing off at this point.

4 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

It seems Samurai doesn't have to wait long. Shortly after Pencil returns, so does Dynamo and Pastel. "I guess we are off then. To the arcade!" He echos Pastel, but lets Dynamo lead the way. "I really should make time for each of you individually. I am glad we are all friends, but I still have so much to learn about each of you." Samurai could practically hear the sounds of the arcade all ready.

@ExplosionMare

"So, am I a boat type of ship, or a flying Zeppelin type of ship?" He pondered on the thought, before shrugging his shoulders. "Oh, well. I guess whichever one works best for the situation, in my opinion. Onward and upward towards fun and adventure!" He cheered loudly with a grin. It also helped that Samurai was echoing the enthusiasm of the group. As he took the lead to where they needed to go, Dynamo smiled as he took what the asian pony said to heart. "I think that would be pretty cool. I still wanted to show that book to you and Astral that I found in the library. I'm not entirely sure if it'll hold the info I'm looking for, but it's better than nothing. Plus, I'd like to get to learn more about you and vice versa. The same goes for Pastel, Pencil, Astral and anyone else I meet." 

What Samurai was hearing at that exact moment was very spot on. The arcade was within their sights as Dynamo began to pick up the pace in his trot. Soon enough when he and Pastel were near the entrance, he stopped and turned around towards the others. "Our home is your home, or would that be different. Provided that this is an arcade and all." He closed his eyes to try and wrap his mind around what he had said. Feeling confused, he shook his head as he decided to not dwell on the details. "At any rate, please make yourselves at home. Pastel and I welcome you to video game paradise." He used his magic to open the door, before bowing as he allowed Pastel and the others to enter the building first.

@Dynamo Pad @Pastel Heart

Pencil’s eyes widened at all the old machinery. She had never seen something so rustic with this amount of charm, not even back home where everything was rustic. Everything was dormant yet full of life. It was almost as if the machines were begging to be tested and brought back to life again.

“So, which game do you guys wanna test first?” Pencil asked to the group.

@Pastel Heart @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine

Once the other's had made their way into the arcade, Dynamo would soon follow as the doors closed behind them. Dynamo looked around as the lights were turned on, but the machines still laid dormant. Yet, it all seemed untouched and ready to be turned on to be tested. 

"I think before we start playing, we'll need to get these machines turned on first. Just got to find the main power to these machines." Dynamo responded, before making his way towards the front counter of the shop. Going behind the counter, the gamer pony searched around until he found was he was looking for. A giant router that seemed to be the source of power for all of the arcade machines. With a turn of the switch, his ears perked as he found what he wanted to hear. The sounds of each machine turning on with flashing lights, bright sounds, and menu's that displayed what their game was about. He felt nostalgic as it was the same lights, sounds and atmosphere he was welcomed to back home. 

"I'm always up to testing any kind of game. From what it looks like, we have any and all kinds of games. Some that range from action/adventure, platforming, shooter games and fighters. I suppose it all depends on what your favorite genre of games would be. If not, then there's always the opportunity to give a game a try. You never know what might catch your eye." He smiled as he returned to where the group was standing.

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine

"Ooohh! It's not as big as the one back in Manehattan but it is rockin'!"

Pastel hopped off Dynamo's back and began scouting. 3 seconds off her feet and she was all over the place. Several machines caught her attention, many of which she recognized! After scoping around she screeched to a halt in front of the group.

"Area scanned! Great variety! Weird pinball machines. Mortal Kombat II and Gauntlet Dark Legacy found! This will be a fun day~!"

Probably only Dynamo will be able to translate that. Atleast she was having fun.

• Brohoof 1

@Pastel Heart @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine

Dynamo looked to Pastel, before nodding towards her remark. "That's right. We haven't had the opportunity to check out what the arcade had to offer yet. With so much going on, there wasn't that much time to see what games were available. I'll take your word on the arcade in Manehattan. I remember always being at an arcade in Fillydelphia, but that arcade was a bit bigger than this place. I guess it was to accommodate for gamer's and non gamer's who were in attendance."

He let Pastel roam around as he knew the arcade wouldn't be somewhere she would get lost at. The only thing he would worry about is if she snuck off to play games all night, while everyone should be sleeping. That would be something to worry about another time. For the moment, he watched as the young filly returned with a screeching halt.

"Hmm...I think I know what you're saying," The gamer pony nodded, before turning towards the others. "Pastel-chan just said that there are some classic, yet well known games available. Mortal Kombat is pretty much a mature fighting game. I don't know of Gauntlet Dark Legacy, but it does sound to be interesting. There are also pinball games, which are basically hitting buttons that activate flippers. At the same time, hitting a metallic pinball from the flippers to score points, while also activating certain events on the pinball machine." He would say, taking notice of other arcade machines such as Pacman, Donkey Kong, and even a Super Mario pinball machine. "You can say that again, Pastel. It looks like this day will be an fun-filled, awesome day, indeed." He would say, waiting patiently as he wondered what game everyone would want to try out first.

• Brohoof 2

12 hours ago, Windy Breeze said:

@Astral Vision

“D-Dark magic? In Friendshire?” Shadow stuttered, oblivious that she was just freed from Nightmare Moon's control in the previous day “Oh my, I heard dark magic is dangerous... a-and how did you know there's dark magic in town?” with another curse in town, it seems the freelance photographer is unable to do her task. 

Astral shook his head in the Pegasus' worry, not wanting to cause a fuss over a simple theory.

"Don't worry Miss, I don't know if there actually IS dark magic in this town, I'm simply mulling over the rumors I've heard."

Astral began to wonder if there even was a curse in this town, every attempt he'd made so far had been met with zero progress. The history book was torn, the theater unthreatened, and now he may not get to even meet the mayor. No matter, Astral knew he couldn't give up; if dark magic was involved even in the smallest possible margin, it was his job to contain it. After all, he couldn't possibly let down the 'EWA', nor his new friends.

@Kronos the Revenant

Mayor Ziggurate was practically counting to himself, and Kronos's reaction came right on time. He takes a heavy puff of his cigar and smirks. "Good, good... I knew this would be right up your alley. Now the random acts won't be anything too brutal you understand. I'm not trying to kill or harm any pony. I just want to shake things up, disrupt the norm, do crazy things that should make ponies take notice of. And if any major events should happen in the town, I'll need you to take part of it."

The mayor puts out his cigar. "However, there is one condition I need from you. All of this needs to be Top Secret between us. No pony can know that you're working for me, and you cannot share any information about me, unless I say otherwise. If you can agree to this, then I'll send you a regular paycheck and occasional mission orders when the time is right. So what do you say, Mr. Kronos? Do we have a deal?"

Mayor Ziggurate stands upright and holds out his hoof, wanting to shake on it. "Oh, and on your way out, feel free to kick out Silver. Like literally kick him, in the flank! I've always wanted to see that."

Trilby's joke, which was really more of an exaggeration, didn't land. But Shadow was trying to be so nice about it that he lets it go. It warms his heart a little.

... He turns to the side slightly. He scratches his neck. He rolls his eyes... "All right! Fine. No need to twist my hoof like that." Trilby doesn't like seeing a pony look so disappointed. "I SUPPOSE I could put in a good word for you with the mayor... But what happens after that is up to him. If he turns you down, then that's the end of it. But he MIGHT consider seeing you... He's actually a pretty nice guy, honestly."

But Astral's other question interests him. Then he remembers what happened with him and Shadow! He tries to shake his hooves at him, trying to give him the ixnay signal on talking about dark magic, but it was too late. "Hey, let's all just calm down, okay? There's no dark magic here... Heh. What a funny notion. I've lived here for years. I think I'd notice if something like that were true." He looks at Astral in the eyes. "...If you are worried about something like that, maybe you should see Dr. Milenko, the town's counselor." Trilby said that last part kind of coldly and flat, almost like he said it automatically without even thinking about it.

But then his mannerisms turn back to normal. "But I think that's all I have to offer for now. I owe Shadow a dinner date, and you don't keep a good mare waiting. If you have any other questions, why don't you visit me tomorrow at my shop. Sound good?" Trilby asks him before turning back to Shadow. "So, what did you have in mind for dinner? I know this fine diner that makes some of the best hay-steaks you've ever had."

@Dynamo Pad, @ExplosionMare, @Pastel Heart, @Jack Baker

Once in the arcade, Samurai was in awe of all the lights and sounds, and he was impressed at how well Dynamo seem to know his way around such an establishment despite not being a citizen of this town for very long.

So may sights to take in. A virtual reality set, a dance simulator, a flight simulator, arcade cabinets galore! "So where is...!!" Before Samurai can finish his question, he sees a familiar figure in the arcade.

"RAZE!" Samurai goes over to him. "Didn't expect to see you here! Is business slow today?" Samurai asks. Sonic and Kirby can wait for now. Practically all his friends are under one roof!

• Brohoof 1