Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash is not a lesbian

luvvva.bxbymiyah

On 4/9/2020 at 6:58 PM, Rainbowdash69 said:

And if she were gay then wouldnt the point be for her to be closer to some pony not avoid some pony.

I totally agree with u, it's just the bigots on the internet always claim 'RD' negatively like, OH SHE HAS A RAINBOW MANE AND A TOMBOYISH PERSONALITY FOR SURE SHE'S A LEZBO.

• Brohoof 1

35 minutes ago, princessxrainbowdash said:

I totally agree with u, it's just the bigots on the internet always claim 'RD' negatively like, OH SHE HAS A RAINBOW MANE AND A TOMBOYISH PERSONALITY FOR SURE SHE'S A LEZBO.

There has not been a single hint of Rainbow Dash being romantically interested in anyone. She is pretty much in love with herself more than anypony else. I think it is safe to say she is not lesbian.

Even in the last episode of the series, she is still only arguing with Applejack, which proves nothing.

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Rarity Gemstones said:

I am quite fond of story ideas where they play with Rainbow being perceived as a supposed female-oriented mare only to find she is actually of a straighter persuasion.

90-3aqL0

"straighter persuasion"? Never heard those words before. So what stories are you talking about? :wau:

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

"straighter persuasion"? Never heard those words before. So what stories are you talking about? :wau:

I am referring to the ideal that the story would focus around Rainbow Dash being of the sexual interest in the binary gender of biological female, and other characters going off of this assumption only to find she is of the romantic interest in biological males. Forgive my English.

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Rarity Gemstones said:

I am referring to the ideal that the story would focus around Rainbow Dash being of the sexual interest in the binary gender of biological female, and other characters going off of this assumption only to find she is of the romantic interest in biological males. Forgive my English.

Your English is awesome! :rarity:

I guess you are thinking fan fics here and not the main show.

• Brohoof 1

Just a question to anyone:

Why is it so important to you that Rainbow Dash is sexually interesting? I can try to reformulate that question, but it might not mean the same thing. Why is it so important she is/isn't lesbian to you? :ooh:

This show is clearly not trying to be romantic, or having any sexual stuff. And if it did, would it have been a better show?

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Bas said:

Because transforming her sexuality to your own wish allows her to be your waifu in either case.

Can't you have a waifu without including sexual stuff?

They managed to hide all the sexual stuff between Shining Armor and Princess Cadence. Though that hug scene in Season 2, last episode, is quite on the edge, hehe, I almost closed my eyes because it was too much! :awwthanks:

Is it safe to assume that most people here wants the sexual stuff to be part of MLP? If there is a majority, I would actually maybe accept it. :ooh:

• Brohoof 1

Indeed she is not lesbian, as we can deduce from Season One's Sonic Rainboom:

bscap0019.jpg.0cfb4a5acab1cfb2a400900dd7e8f2bf.jpg
RD talking to other male ponies off-screen  "Sorry, boys, but I've got plans!" 

(Note the square snouts... those two Wonderbolts are packing meat and two veg, if ya know what I mean... guess RD likes a male pony in uniform)

As for how some people could make the mistake: Rainbow has a rainbow mane, and one of the gay pride symbols is the rainbow flag. Is it a spurious and ultimately ridiculous comparison to draw? Of course! Bigotry is never based on any kind of logic. (Not that I deal in absolutes, hehehe... I'm no Sith).

Oh, and when making your argument, OP, try not throwing other ponies under the proverbial bus. Applejack does not hate dresses, she just values practicality over looking pretty, which makes sense since she works on a farm. Cutie Mark Chronicles showed that she could have been groomed to be genteel with a bit of effort, and Simple Ways had her not only don a dress but act like a stereotypical Southern Belle, and she frikkin' owned it. AJ isn't butch, she's just practical.

• Brohoof 1

To the OP.  Applejack is a country girl.  It isn’t uncommon for them to dislike all that girly girl kind of stuff.  

As for Rainbow Dash.  IMO, 99% of the reason people gave her the lesbian label was cause of the rainbow hair.

I personally don’t care what people want to consider them.  People are allowed to think of them however they want to, and I’ll think of them however I want to. 

• Brohoof 4

5 hours ago, Sunny Fox said:

Indeed she is not lesbian, as we can deduce from Season One's Sonic Rainboom:

bscap0019.jpg.0cfb4a5acab1cfb2a400900dd7e8f2bf.jpg
RD talking to other male ponies off-screen  "Sorry, boys, but I've got plans!" 

Are you really sure that is proof she is not lesbian?

She is just boosting. She is not trying to seduce ponies here.

Also, how is she flying there? :confused: How are they flying?????

• Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

Also, how is she flying there? :confused: How are they flying?????

Uh maybe one is using his right wing, and the other is using his left wing in sync with each other while carrying RD!  

• Brohoof 4

2 minutes ago, AppleButt said:

Uh maybe one is using his right wing, and the other is using his left wing in sync with each other while carrying RD!  

I don't know if I like them touching Rainbow Dash like that :secret:

These picture proof is getting crazy. I am sure we can confirm her being lesbian by frame stepping the entire S09E26, there must be proof there!

• Brohoof 1

Allow me to pontificate for a brief instance here:

latest?cb=20180418090706

Almost every interaction of Rainbow Daƨh seems to take the "lesbian stereotype" to the next preverbal level. Even her human design is a manifestation of said tropes and stereotypes common among LGBT characters. Note in her human redesign she sports wrist bands fairly similar to the gay pride bandƨ. Furthermore:

R5R97MgEpWqQsV8Y5XpZ3ugAp3s30guKPI9-ZdwM

0f the redesigns she is the only one given pants over skirts. This is in stark contrast as well to the original designs which sported her with a pair of shorts under her skirt. A common trope of the lesbian stereotype is they dress more "boyish" in that they prefer pants over "girly" things. If one consolidates this with the fact that she continues the "sporty" trend also common within this stereotype, the pieces continue to fall into their perceived places.

Much of Rainbow's behavior as a tomboy and lack of any interest in the opposite biological sex also points to this. Hasbro team members have been asked regarding her sexual persuasion and never once denied her lesbian tendencies.

Given said evidence, it would be admissible, though not conclusion to state that Rainbow Dash fits many of the lesbian stereotypes.

Her EG design is quite telling in these regardƨ.

10 hours ago, Bas said:

TBH I'd argue that much rather points to being non-binary. I know a 15yo girl  person (not sure if that person does even care for their pronoun for that matter, but whatever*) who is doing an internship at the LGBTQ center) that identifies as non-binary. They was wearing a jeans at a bar, and dressed as more masculine as girls do. They claimed they was fed up with outdated gender roles.

I just recognized how hard it can be to break out of the gender norms in forming phrases, as I wrote that person with the female pronoun multiple times and had to delete them.

* Is there actually an equivalent to boy/girl or man/woman for non-binaries except saying kid/child or grown up?

Think this way, if RD doesn't like to do girly things one conclusion could be a girl needs to like them, and if you don't want to fit into that...you could declare yourself not being a girl in order to dodge that.

I can not comment on the matter, as the occurrence is quite rare in my country, so I would not know.

I don't think it was all that ambiguous.  The writers just didn't make it explicit because they didn't want to reap the whirlwind, but it was pretty damn conclusive if you ask me.  How else would you interpret that scene with AJ?  They're married.  Case closed.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I don't really know. I mean, I don't ship Appledash, mostly because any M6xM6 ships are quite weird to me, although "zOMG iT'z CAN0N!!1!!!" people also kinda ruined it for me.

That doesn't mean I 100% don't think she's lesbian. I do lean towards the "she's not/doesn't matter" side, but I honestly don't know. TBH, I feel like many things in the finale are up to interpretation, and that's one of them. Look, I get that she's the most tomboyish there and she happens to have rainbow hair, but it's honestly kinda dumb to use that as "proof". People saw that as evidence, and she had a friendly rivalry with Applejack (who does have similarities to RD), so then it was easy for people to ship them. In the finale, they did end up making fans happy and doing Appledash and Fluttercord (I like Fluttercord, but even that isn't "canon"), but because they can't make everyone happy, they ended up leaving them up to interpretation. So overall, I think she's probably bi or something, but I don't know. Also, as OP said, AJ is the most butch. I'm not sure about her either, though.

Edited by dashie2020
  • Brohoof 3

I didn't believe Lyra and Bon Bon were lesbians even after the piano scene in Rainbow Rocks, and the butt bump in Slice of Life. I wanted to believe though, since I found it somewhat adorable. But I knew some people would be against it.

Now when we are facing just one episode of Rainbow Dash, somehow being closer to Applejack than before, I think it is very little proof compared to the crazy evidence we got for Lyra and Bon Bon. It is just too little proof to tell!

• Brohoof 1