Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How was the food at your school’s cafeteria?

Venomous

I remember high school. They had pizza from a local restaurant that I actually like, and then some fries and stuff. They were good...for a few times, and then I got sick of them, unfortunately. That was the problem. I remember in my junior and senior year I always just went to this outdoor concession stand that they had in the courtyard area and bought a bag of pretzels for lunch. Lol.

I don't remember middle school much. I know that in elementary school my mom always packed me a lunch.

5 minutes ago, Sherbie-kun said:

yeah, well beating London in living costs aint an achievement haha,

and Manchester, from what I saw, costs about the same as Glasgow (only really due to the water and sewerage costing like double)

you're lucky your school didnt do the healthy eating shit, like give me an option to eat all the unhealthy shit I like rather than walking across to Aldis haha

Yeah I always just eat the unhealthy stuff lmao 

11 minutes ago, Sherbie-kun said:

yeah, well beating London in living costs aint an achievement haha,

and Manchester, from what I saw, costs about the same as Glasgow (only really due to the water and sewerage costing like double)

you're lucky your school didnt do the healthy eating shit, like give me an option to eat all the unhealthy shit I like rather than walking across to Aldis haha

Wasn't in Manchester when I went to school - grew up in the north east, where everything is significantly cheaper than Manchester :)

12 minutes ago, CypherHoof 🐎 said:

Wasn't in Manchester when I went to school - grew up in the north east, where everything is significantly cheaper than Manchester :)

Didn't think the north east was cheaper lol

1 minute ago, Sherbie-kun said:

Didn't think the north east was cheaper lol

Yup. was surprised how much more expensive everything in Manchester was when I first moved here.

27 minutes ago, CypherHoof 🐎 said:

Yup. was surprised how much more expensive everything in Manchester was when I first moved here.

oh wow, I've not been to Manchester in just over a decade (really should go and see my auntie down there at some point) and from double checking the prices there, everything was cheaper apart from water and sewerage

Meh it was alright but we had to pay for it you werent allowed to bring packed lunch in secondary school. They advertised it as somethin amazing but it was basic desserts, alright meals. I normally had the sandwiches tho lol.

Back in primary i rarely ever had school dinners it was like slimy stuff yuck the custard was water. I had like packed lunch almost always.

School food was always a negative discussion at every school I got to.

I remember clearly the worst school I went to (because of bullying and all other negative stuff, teachers, food included) had a huge cafeteria with a lot of people eating there, and all the teens where throwing their food away because it was an act of war against how bed they were treated. And most of the teachers eating there praised the food for being the best!

Turned out I talked to a teacher there many years later, once she had gotten fired. And she told me the food was actually horrible, the worst she had ever had to eat. So always trust your teachers, they are not biased right?

• Brohoof 1

Our food was I think  7/10 in highschool from my first two years,  than they went through and changed the menu and it kinda was a hit or miss every week depending.   But we did have good subs and cheeseburgers. 

I only really ever ate the chips from the cafeteria. Everything else came from the vending machine in the form of snacks. Kind of glad that I avoided anything meat-based during school. Especially with the horse meat scandal back in 2013. If horse DNA was only discovered in the food then, it really wouldn't surprise me if it was being served long before the scandal came to light. Call me picky, but I like my beef burgers to actually be free of equine DNA. Besides, the burgers always looked like they'd been stamped on by angry football hooligans anyway. The cutlery looked more appetizing.

• Brohoof 1

They used to have these square pieces of pizza with weird hard cheese that you could literally pull off in one piece off the top. Other items of "food" I've only seen in school cafeterias and it was all awful. 

The best! The lineup at lunchtime is always super long, and there's all kinds of food. Burgers, hotdogs, the best frickin fries ever, pop, juiceboxes, chips, sandwiches, and more. I'm actually kinda surprised because isn't school-food suppost to be gross?

I don't normally eat cafeteria food other than the fries, okra, and other side items they serve.

4 hours ago, SpittyPie2005️ said:

I'm actually kinda surprised because isn't school-food suppost to be gross?

From my experience, it depends on what's on the menu, how the food looks, and how well it's cooked.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think I ever stepped foot in the cafeteria in High School, we had this little cheap burger place right down the road so my friends and I would jump in my car and get a bag of burgers 4 for $1 and we'd go over to a park and when we got tired of burgers there was Greek Gyros place I loved, the usual pizza hut, and an ice cream place that had the best corn dogs I've ever had.

Elementary school food was the best I think. Then middle school food was horrible :yuck:. High school food was pretty okay. I liked the cheese quesadillas...

Food at my college is the absolute worst though; so glad I don’t need a meal plan any more :yay: 

(edited)

The food in all the school cafeteria I've been to was serviceable. The food wasn't expensive, and there was always a variety to eat.

Edited by Number62