Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle or Rainbow Dash?

Luckyy

Who do you prefer Twilight Sparkle or Rainbow Dash?  

120 users have voted

1. 1. Twilight Sparkle or Rainbow Dash?

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Rainbow Dash

Why not both?

Ok, this does look a tad weird.

Posted Image

What about this?

Posted Image

Fusion still looks weird, but better.

I chose Rainbow Dash. Although the choice was hard and I'm more like Twilight, Rainbow is still best pony :wub: (opinion subject to change in Season 3).

• Brohoof 1

RD is cool, of course. But TS just has the better personality, is much more educated and simply more mature.

What's the fun in being mature?... Only kidding, and I have to agree with you on that part, but I will say smart people are boring, at least from what I have seen.

Why not both?

Posted Image

But, seriously, I don't think that's possible. Choose one, and choose Rainbow Dash.

Imagine Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash in full grown form (like how tall Celestia is). Does it change your vote or confirm it?

Twilight:

Posted Image

Rainbow Dash:

Posted Image

Rainbow Dash is best princess.

• Brohoof 5

I must say Twilight over RD. Rainbow Dash is just too brash, mean, and inconsiderate for my liking. Also too competitive, too egotistical, too...

At least Twilight's sarcasm is funny, and her freak outs entertaining :o

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I just want to say I find it funny people hate on Rainbow for being a brute and such, when those moments are few and far between, and are not over the top by any means. Yes she's competitive, yes she's extroverted and can come off as pushy sometimes, but she's not trying to be a jerk. She genuinely cares for her friends. Let's all recall when she told Fluttershy to 'suck it up' in Hurricane Fluttershy, but immediately corrected herself to not hurt her feelings. I can perfectly understand someone who doesn't like her simply due to the fact she is simply a little pushy sometimes, fine, but a lot of people make it sound like she's a bully who doesn't care, which I don't find to be true at all.

You want to talk about brash, rude bullies, you should use Gilda, the very character Rainbow willingly turned away from, in order to be with her real friends ;)

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 6

I just want to say I find it funny people hate on Rainbow for being a brute and such, when those moments are few and far between, and are not over the top by any means. Yes she's competitive, yes she's extroverted and can come off as pushy sometimes, but she's not trying to be a jerk. She genuinely cares for her friends. Let's all recall when she told Fluttershy to 'suck it up' in Hurricane Fluttershy, but immediately corrected herself to not hurt her feelings. I can perfectly understand someone who doesn't like her simply due to the fact she is simply a little pushy sometimes, fine, but a lot of people make it sound like she's a bully who doesn't care, which I don't find to be true at all.

You want to talk about brash, rude bullies, you should use Gilda, the very character Rainbow willingly turned away from, in order to be with her real friends ;)

ALL my brohoofs!!! .3.

Anyways, everypony should know that each of the charcaters have their pluses and minuses, some harder to see than others, and out of all of them, RD might be one of the hardest to see the most moral in for some.

I would reccoemend reading over Kyronea's Psychological Analyses series on the mane 6. They focus on each and every aspect of all of their characteristics and what makes them them, all of the pros as well as the cons.

That might just change all of your negative views about Dashie... ;)

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Discord has spoken, and it is so. If I could brohoof you twice, I would do it three times.

Twilight:

Posted Image

Rainbow Dash:

Posted Image

Rainbow Dash is best princess.

I sort of can't imagine them in that form, even with the pictures right in front of me. Maybe because Celestia is a jerk in my eyes (I read My Little Dashie, and I still hate her)... Anyways, Rainbow Dash is already a princess. Just saying.

Edited by Raspberry32
  • Brohoof 2

I will have to go with RD. (I favour her over most of the mane 6 because if it hadn't been for seeing a picture of RD that I liked I might never have become a brony.)

But in truth I like the entire mane 6 pretty much equally. They all have their pros and cons, and all of them are great characters.

Additionally I am biased to RD because I relate to her element (loyalty) the most out of the elements.

• Brohoof 1

I can appreciate both perspectives on this. Twilight definitely has the edge in that she has a certain characteristic that makes her more amiable. The somewhat introverted smarty-pants. Something that most people can rightly identify with. Whereas Rainbow Dash is more extroverted and confident. Which can at times be construed as arrogance, and can become egotistic. Something that not everyone can identify with. Though I will vote for RBD this time around, because there was a time when she was one of my favorite ponies, and I want to honor that in some small way.

Rainbow Dash! I am kind of amazed that this is so lopsided. I might have realized that Twilight would have come out ahead but by 24 VOTES? I agree with Discord here, Rainbow Dash may come off as a little bit egotistical or maybe even a little bit of a bully. But, Rainbow would do just about anything for a friend. Gilda is a bully, Silver Spoon/Diamond Tiara they fit into that category. I feel people hating on Rainbow Dash may be the same reason that some hate Rarity. Every Pony has their faults, but to Rainbow and Rarity, their faults might be a little bit easier to see. When people think of Rarity some probably think of her as a spoiled little whiny brat. But, she like Rainbow Dash, isn't really trying to be one. And she like Rainbow Dash, would do just about anything for her friends. Rainbow Dash and Rarity are 2 of my favorites so I might be a little Biased. That's my 2 cents for ya.

(edited)

Rainbow

Interesting fact I just noticed: Rainbow is seven letter long, the same number as colours in the rainbow.

Edited by Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Why not both?

Ok, this does look a tad weird.

Posted Image

Oh, right. I remember when Twilight and Rainbow fused to fight Majin Buu. Good times.

• Brohoof 2