general Are you happy 2020 is over

Flying Pencil

I mean, it's not like 2021 is gonna be magically better, there'll still be lingerings of 2020 in there, but even then, I just want this nightmare of a year to be over already

• Brohoof 6

Well I declare to myself being happy that 2020 is almost over, but that doesn't mean that the COVID will go away too. I believe the virus will still be alive, will still infecting a lot of people. The vaccine I believe it exist now, it will be in Romania this week, but I don't know if with only a vaccine for anti-COVID will be efficient to finally escape the pandemic. :worry:

• Brohoof 3

Signature by @Sparklefan1234

In a way, I feel the year has passed really quickly – and I didn't do anywhere near all the things I had planned to do this year. But considering what 2020 will be remembered for, I can only hope next year is a lot better. So I think I'll say yes.

• Brohoof 5

1643623560_tacodidrasignature(bysparklefan1234).gif.c9b58495d983ed4ff485d6fb7d43d298.gif

Signature by @Sparklefan1234

It doesn't really matter to me. I mean, it's not like covid or some other problems would just stop on January 1st. I always hope that the next year is going to be better, though I cannot really say that 2020 was that bad for me. Sure, some of my plans were postponed, but there were also good things.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure tbh. Not really? Even though this year have been rather horrible on a grand scale of things, for me personally positives surpass negatives. Still, many issues this year had won't disappear anytime soon and they'll continue being a nuisance also in 2021.

There won't be any fresh start or clean slate after new year's eve. Things will stay pretty much the same, we're all just yet another year older... :maud:

• Brohoof 1

Even though i have to agree with many that Covid-19 is a bad thing, 2020 was still pretty normal for me.

Actually some of the rules that came into place because of Covid-19 made my life a bit easier, so...i cant really complain, 2020 was one of my better years actually. We had a better overlook in our workplace in terms of food in the cafeteria, at some points we had free time, because we had to do home office. Nah, i really cant complain apart from the Virus itself being bad but deadly Viruses exist every year, so 2020 was still a relative good year for me.

So no, i am not particular happy that 2020 is over, i sincerly hope some rules will stay in 2021.

Edited by Lex Destrosio
Forgot to answer the question.

Signature.png.dfe30e494cadddd2f98e87ea7e3841eb.png

Sig made by Kyoshi

After having my dream job working at Disneyland ripped out from under my feet before I can't even get a full weekend in after training, our trip to Paris that was supposed to happened in May taken away because of COVID-19, and now my dad in the hospital (not because of COVID-19, but still he won't be home for Christmas December 25th), this year has been harsh to me and my family. :(

Good riddance to you, 2020!:dry:

A Dragon as big as his love for Disney and has his head in the clouds literally and figuratively

948524045_DragonWillGuideBannerbyWifeofHawks.jpg.d26404e241135b8f330fd49c3a2858d9.jpg 

Ask Will Guide | Signature by Wife of Hawks | WiiGuy2014’s OCs

Eh, tbqh, I don't know. 2020 was the year the Earth stood still in a way. Nothing has really happened since COVID hit, everywhere has been shut down, but the alone time has been nice and has afforded me the time needed to make great strides on many things I have wanted for a long time.

~Hocus Pocus

Ya weni mareh mirekyarahire
Juri yu mirekerason

Kire hyari yoriherahe nyurahera
Nunnyura unera yurawera nihmerani

2021 will definitely have some of the problems of 2020 in it, but overall I'm hopeful that it'll be better. God, what a colossal trainwreck of a year

At first I rejected the zero, but that was because I simply didn't understand it. Now I do.

This year was an eventful one. It began with the continuance of a virus and simtaneous ear infection I had caught at the end of 2019 that lasted a total of 40 days, and lost my voice for half of that. No idea whether it was Covid-19 or not. I Celebrated my one year anniversary with my girlfriend. Went through the euthanasia of our 13 year old tabby. Moved out of my parents' house and in with my girlfriend in Eastern Washington, mere days before the pandemic first entered my state and began its dreadful course in the US. My summer job was cancelled, but we would move back west after my girlfriend received her DVM in the summer, and have had the opportunity to work alongside her again as an assistant through the fall. One part of my family might be splitting up, and I reconnected with another part after an absence of 5 years, only to find out that my step-grandma had passed away a few weeks earlier. While the virus has reduced the size of our Christmas gathering, I can honestly say it'll be more festive than what I'd grown used too in recent years. I knew this year would be hard on my younger siblings, so I went out of my way to get them real gifts rather than the cheap humorous items we normally do for each other, so I look forward to seeing their big excited smiles tomorrow. This year has been plenty bad, but I've filled every moment in between with as much good as possible and taken joy in the little things.

While I'm glad to see this year end, I'm not excited for the new one either. There will be no saving miracles to wash away the pain we've endured and the hardships to come. The best we can expect of 2021 is 2020 in reverse. Every day is the new halfway point as things worsen, but we can hope that slowly but surely, the day will come when we can sigh with relief.

The arbitrary point on the calendar is meaningless.  I mean, sure, the year is based on the Earth's orbit, so it means something, but we could have started counting at different point, so that the date would be at a completely different time.  The moment that the clocks ticks over to the next year is arbitrary, and it's not like anything magically changes, but yes, I, like everyone else, will be happy to put this dumpster fire year behind me.

blogentry-26336-0-55665700-1413783982.jp

This year like every other has been miserable and so I really am indifferent to it haha. Like I don't like socializing or going out of my house anyway the virus had literally no effect on my life. Yet the positives are that I graduated university.