Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Æther Project

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle @Windy Breeze

On 2021-05-21 at 6:57 AM, Illiad Easle said:

The tutor didn't look entirely sure, but nodded once Brittle was at the maximum distance she would allow, "She's doing fine in the homework department, maybe even advanced in some subjects. I'm sure she'll be quite the bright student once she gets to the point when she can really apply herself. But no, that's not what I wanted to talk about. I've seen how she wears that tattered cloak everywhere and, well, I do knit on occasion. I was wondering if I couldn't make a new one for her? I wanted to make sure it was okay first, make sure it isn't, like, a reminder of a loved one she lost or something. If that's the case I'd be more than happy to repair it for her."

"It pleases me greatly to know that she is showing promise. It helps well that she have gotten a good, patient tutor to assist her."

His smile widened as he heard the beginning of this. It were goo to hear that she were progressing well, with the combined effort of her own mind, his help, and the mare's excellent tutoring. He had feared it would take a long time for her to acclimate to studies, but she were seemingly doing rather well. A glorious development, and his sharp-toothed smile did not wane as the subject went on.

"The cloak she wears actually does have personal value to her. It used to be mine, and were one which I wore for years, to try and disguise myself a little better, as a regular pony, to cause less discomfort amongst the equines. After arriving here though, I believed it were time for a change, and since I know my presence gives her calm, I knew it would serve her much better, than it ever would me. If you can repair it, that would be greatly appreciated though. Much as I have tried to keep it well put together over the years, my travels have mostly been in the wild, through many kinds of weather. I cannot distance myself from the fact that it have become somewhat threadbare and patchy. If you ask her kindly, and explain the purpose, I feel certain that she will let you lend it for a time. I feel she have come to trust you to a certain extend."

• Brohoof 2

@Illiad Easle

Well, I definitely did not expect that today. 

This one can sense me... Thanatos said. Though his voice usually doesn't change from outside a deep, calm tone I could tell he was... slightly concerned.

Well, it ain't exactly that hard to do, anyone half decent with magic can see you from a mile away... figuratively speaking. Look, we just gotta remain calm, alright? Changelings can sense emotions...

Doing my best to keep composed, I looked at the changeling and smiled slightly. "I don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about. Maybe you've just been out here for too long? We've all been out here for a while."

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer

The head library guard didn't do anything remotely suspicious, which was pretty usual for the straight-laced head guard. Walking back to her room she may overhear from some of the project guards also talking about the rebels in hushed tones, it seemed like almost every guard had been informed about the looming menace in some capacity or other.

Her shift in the newly restricted section of the library would begin in the 'Evening' a nebulous term given the sun did not rise or set at any specific time, or from any specific direction.

The other guards had observed as she left behind something of her own, a bit of respect in their gaze as she returned, only one of them spoke up, "It seems you really are strong, both inside and out." (More below)

@Thundy

Fury nodded at the reaction he got, seemingly satisfied. "Centuries ago I founded Deep Science, which became TrUST, which built this Project. Decades ago I formed the O5 council by imparting the properties of the Wisdom Gem to four others, at the time I did not realize that one of the long term effects would be insanity. Apollo, the captain, was one of those affected, and the insanity is beginning to show. He poses a clear and present danger to the survival of this Project."

He made a sweeping gesture to the table, "I've gathered you all here because you're all unique, powerful and accomplished in your several specialties. I propose we form a new O5 council, and depose Apollo before he can destroy the Project."

He only waited a moment before he continued, "I know some of you may be skeptical about my intentions, and I don't expect you all to trust me implicitly, hence why I offered each of you something I know you can't refuse, as a token of my goodwill."

To the unicorn mare he passed a thick manila folder bound with a binderclip. To the unicorn stallion he passed a large greenish tinted diamond. To the buck he passed a briefcase. To the reindeer buck he passed a simple looking stone necklace. Finally, to Thundy he passed the missing binder. Fury put his forelimbs together, "So, do we have a deal?"

@Windy Breeze

Plein smiled and Play nodded with a sigh, "A shame the young ones have to grow up so fast here. We've tried our best to preserve their innocence, but when so many have lost parents or siblings getting here it is hard at times to ensure they get to have a proper foalhood. Still, it's good to see ponies like you reaching out to help where they can. Would you like to join us for dinner sometime?"

Tables smiled when Windy mentioned her leg, "I know! It's almost better than my old leg was, it doesn't get sore or tired nearly as often, plus I can kick a lot harder with it!" She chuckled, then quieted down as she returned to the original topic. "I hope these rebels can be dealt with soon, I'd hate to see this place get destroyed too."

Wildebeast chuckled, "Nothing to it! I'm sure you'll do fine. In fact, there's Taters now, if ever there were a creature who could help you, Taters is the one." (More below)

@Kujamih

On 2021-05-21 at 7:11 PM, Kujamih said:

Light stood up from his chair and walked around and tried to observe the room.

Light wouldn't get much chance to observe the room as about as soon as he stood from the chair he found himself grabbed by the neck rather roughly by Apollo's talons. His talons were coated in a gold looking metal that seemed to negate the magic nullifying material inside himself. He was then violently shoved through a wall, which was made of cloud so it didn't hurt much, but revealed that they were at the very front of the ship, and Apollo was now dangling Light over the edge, the only thing keeping him from a very long fall to the ground.

Apollo was FURIOUS to say the least, there was murder in his eyes. "I'm still alive because no one on this ship is strong enough to kill me. I have been chosen by the Wisdom Gem! The stronger I get, the smarter I get, and the smarter I get, the stronger." He tightened his grip a bit, "I could crush your skull right here, nothing you or your 'armor' could do to stop me. I called you here because I owed Permu a favor. I could get anyone to do this job, you're here because you're disposable, replaceable, and if you can't, or won't, do this job for me, I'll throw you off myself like the trash you are, and replace you with someone far more obedient."

He relaxed his grip a bit, "Are you going to cooperate? Or would you rather die?"

@Blitz Boom

The tutor noticeably relaxed to hear that the cloak was not quite as sentimental as she had feared, "I'll see what I can do then, I should be able to get it back to a good state." With that she would gently approach Brittle, lowering herself to her level and not forcing her to meet her gaze. "Hi there Brittle, I was hoping you would let me repair your cloak, I'll take good care of it, but it's okay if you don't want me to." (More to follow)

@Jack Baker

The changeling didn't look impressed, "I know I look like a failure of a changeling, not being fully transformed into any one thing like most others, I do it on purpose, not because I'm stupid. I know a double emotional signature when I smell one," he sighed, waving a hoof dismissively, "You don't have to tell me why that is, I'd just rather you didn't insult me or my kind for being able to point it out."

He looked like he wanted to go on, maybe something else, but then the recovery craft came into view, "Looks like it's time to head back now."

@Starforce Glimmer @Jack Baker

The extra craft touched down fairly close to the other two, and the rest of the guards and workers immediately set out to start loading in the materials they had mined as well as the mining equipment and their personal belongings. Fresh guards from the new craft taking over guard duty for the minostralium. The head guard and head miner called out to their respective teams to get their stuff together and get to their assigned craft, Raze and Maud being picked with a few others to go along on the fresh craft for the return flight, meaning they would have some heavy duty powering the propellers to get back up to the Project's altitude.

@Windy Breeze @Blitz Boom

Once Briar and Brittle were done with the tutor, they'd be able to get to the arbor level where Wildebeast was coaching Serene on picking fruit from the softer trees, Wildebeast calling out when Briar came into view, "In fact, there's Taters now, if ever there were a creature who could help you, Taters is the one." He motioned for Briar and Brittle to come over, "Why don't you three work together? I've got the feeling you'll work well together."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Trixie would listen in on the conversations as she walked. She got to her room and closed the door. She took a quick shower, then brushed her teeth and went to sleep. Upon her next shift starting, she would have gotten up after a normal to average sleep before taking another shower, and brushing her teeth again. She'd have cleaned up her room a bit and got her armour and proceed off to her next shift.

As she walked to the library she hoped everything would go as well as she thought. If it did not, she would set her mind to be prepared for it. She would be prepared for anything, and expect the unexpected. She couldn't help but expect some of the guards being among the rebels, so she would stay alert and aware at all moments. She'd proceed to assume her position at the library.

@Illiad Easle @Jack Baker

Maud would give a slight nod to the one who spoke to her before she would aid the others with the hauling of the equipment into the craft she was assigned into. She had grew stronger in her time in mining, so it went by somewhat quickly. Upon boarding the craft, she spotted Raze and just did a slight nod to her but she still had the rather un-nerving monotone expression across her face. She seemed a bit off than she normally was. 

She would sit on one of the chairs and put her back hooves onto the pedals and would have pedalled along with the others at strong, yet slow pace. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

“Innocence can easily be lost at times like this” Shadow sat down with Plein and Play, “But sometimes, there will be a silver lining to that we don't know what that is but we will see it soon” despite the smile, she spoke coldly to them, something which gave them the feeling Shadow has been in this kind of situation and has experienced conflicts before.

Windy gave Tables a bright smile when the latter expressed her optimism for prosthetics but joy soon vanished just like when it appeared. Why? Why can we just stay happy and live in a peaceful world? Why do we have to dwell and hide? All this thoughts is making Windy crazy, she really wanted the world to be in peace again. To see her friends again.

Windy's demeanor and voice changed “Yeah,” she muttered, her expression slightly dimmed but quickly shifted to her lighter side before Tables could notice, her deceitful smile returns “Let's put our trust to those who are trying to combat this new threat. Æther will not fall” she said with hope.

@Illiad Easle @Blitz Boom

As Serene is about to pluck a fruit, he paused to give Wildebeest a look of puzzlement, “Taters?" He would follow his gaze to a pair of familiar individuals. It was Briar and Brittle. He would listen to Wildebeest as he spoke to them, smiling when the latter spoke about the three of them working together. Teamwork? Well, he will never say no to that!

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 2

@Illiad Easle

Light thought hard of his next action... Retaliating now would be the worst action he can do now... Not only is this griffon mad with power... He is also a very influential creature.

Shutting this guy's mouth right now would please Light for a bit.... But the trouble won't be worth it. And not only light would be in trouble. Queen Permu's name will be on the line aswell.

Light Raised his hands toward Apollo while dangling showing him that he surrenders to him.

But suddenly another pony picked up the fallen chair where Light was Sitting before Apollo grabbed him.

The pony sat and spoke.

"Fine I will cooperate, I don't want to give Queen Permu a bad name..." 

He was out of Apollo's vision to be recognized by sight, but his voice gave away his identity... It was Light's Voice.

"So Apollo... is there anything else you want me to do?" 

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Windy Breeze

Briar didn't need to hear a voice to know who were there, even if the faint whisper of his nickname being mentioned, would reach his sensitive ears. The familiar smell and feeling of the stallion they were approaching, as the air wafted around, told him more than enough, and the increasing smile on his face would be indicating that he were indeed very pleased. That, or hungry, and going towards prey, but he had yet to bite anyone in this place, and his general appearance beyond the razor-sharp teeth, were one of joy and calm. There were probably still a few here and there who'd think that given the chance, he'd eat them, but he had yet to show any sign that he wanted that, and the few he had spoken with who were curious about whatever he had, or even would eat something like a griffon, or pony, were met with a look of disgust going over Briar's face, at the sheer thought, and words on how he'd rather starve to death.

In his own words, if he ever crossed that line, he would never be able to forget it, nor forgive himself. Eating other, higher sentient beings like that, were a dark path where all it took were one step taken, and there wouldn't be a way back. Perhaps it were exaggeration, but he would rather die true to who he were, than know that he had eaten someone who might once have waltzed along, happily and without a care in the world.

Animals were different. That were the natural order, and prey and predators, whereas ones such as ponies were equals. To baseline it for most, he put it in the simple terms of *If I can understand it, it isn't food). A very, very simplistic way to think of it, that would question things such as languages he didn't get, but that would go into lengthy discussions. Of which he had a few actually. Fascinating stuff, to connect with taught beings, who were curious, and wanted to learn about things in depth.

Were Serene one of those? Sadly, Briar did not know. Their encounter had been rather short lived, and there had been more important things to discuss, than the deeper relation between meat eaters and their feeding habits, but he were still a presence that he knew, and had not encountered since they got here in the first place.

"Hello, my wayward friends. It is good to hear that you are of good spirits, Wildebeast. And Serene: It have been long. I hope you are faring well."

"H... H-Hello..."

The voice were weak, and hesitant, but a word it had still been, that came out of Brittle's muzzle, as she looked towards the two, familiar faces. Serene were not one she had seen long either, but this place were kind of a safe one for her, and she had known Wildebeast for a good deal of time, and thought him somewhat safe. She still worried when he used tools though, but less so, than certain others, so that were an improvement.

As for Briar, he'd spin around as he heard her voice, and leaned down to at first embrace her, but then recalled that being too forward were not wise, and stopped himself before going so far. Instead, he'd take the hoof he had been prepared to embrace her with, and stroke her mane with a pleased, nearly glowing look of joy on his face.

"Long have I wished to hear your voice for again, Brittle. I am so proud that you have again found courage to speak, and I... *sniff* Had I eyes, I would cry tears of joy."

He truly would, but as he lacked that function, the accompanying sniffle were all he could present her with.

He cared not what came next for today. Locust swarm, a tree falling and pinning him to the ground, Serene trapping him in a barrel- Nearly nothing would matter, for today felt blessed, and it would take much to take that feeling from him.

• Brohoof 2

@Illiad Easle

”Deal.” Thundy stated holding on to his Yu Gi Oh binder. “Oh if Chelsea were here, she would have a field day with all these energies…” Thundy said softly to himself as he made his Yu Gi Oh binder disappear.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Starforce Glimmer

I watched as the changeling left, then sighed. "Maybe you shouldn't be poking your head in places it doesn't belong..." I grumbled to myself.

If I may ask... why do you intend to keep my existence a secret?

Why? It's simple. I don't trust 'em enough. They may not seem like it, but everyone on that project is either scared, or on edge. If I just pranced around and said 'Hey everypony! There's a warrior spirit that I share a soul with that I'm not sure where it came from or why, but here he is!', I'm pretty sure they're gonna freak out. Probably throw me out. Or even treat me like a lab rat for experimentation. And I'm not about to let that happen.

...Do you not think they will find out eventually?

Not if I can help it.

...Are you ashamed of our pact?

What...? No, absolutely not. You saved my life. Heck, you're probably even the reason I'm where I'm at right now. But I'm not about to tell everyone about you yet. Only to those I think I can trust.

What about the grey one? The one from the ship and the mines?

...That's the other thing. Don't speak to anypony else unless I say so, alright? 

As you wish...

As for her... she doesn't look like the type to blabber on about everything she sees. She'll keep quiet... and if she doesn't, I'll make sure of it.

I looked at the aircraft touching down near the camp site. Time to go. I gathered my things and made my way over.

• Brohoof 2

@Starforce Glimmer

The head guard would meet her when she arrived, looking about as tired as one would expect after a full shift in the library, "Perfect timing, I'll take you down to your post so you can get started."

She would lead the way to the stairs down which were now roped off and blocked by a reception desk, likely the one who would now be in charge of taking the checkout requests and calling for the books to be brought up.

Down the stairs the lights were a bit lower than they had been when she was first shown around. "You'll be the only pony on this floor, if you see anyone down here apprehend them and report it immediately. Call for backup if you don't think you can subdue them yourself. Best of luck to you."

With that she'd be left with free reign over that floor of the library.

The trip back was nearly as uneventful as the trip down had been, only with a good amount more peddling as they had to ascend rather than coast downward. Once they got to the point where they could switch off some of the new guards on the vessel approached them, "We heard you two took out a loyalist camp and a whole bunch of spawn, what was that like? How did you manage it just the two of you?"

@Windy Breeze

Play nodded solemnly at that, "We can only hope to return to some sense of normalcy once this is over, hopefully we'll learn from our mistakes and build back better than we had before. Finally stop this Equestrian/Trojan rivalry that plagued us before."

Plein had finished her food and got up from the table, "I need to get back to school, see you later Shadow, Play." With that she'd trot off.

Play looked a bit more serious once Plein left, "She's a lot like her father, stubborn, very smart, and truly caring. I can only hope this experience doesn't leave her jaded, the changelings struggle enough as it is." He turned his attention more to Shadow, "Why don't you tell me about yourself, as highly as Plein speaks of you is is best to be sure that you're good company."

Tables was faster than Windy gave her credit for, her expression shifting to one of concern, "Hey, you alright? I know a fake smile when I see one, having had one for the past fifteen years. If something's bothering you I hope you can tell me."

@Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze

Wildebeast was especially surprised when Brittle actually spoke to him, somehow managing to further soften his already approachable demeanor, a genuine tear coming to his eye as he smiled, "Her first word! And it was to me, you honor me Brittle."

Nonetheless, despite how much he clearly wanted to he did not approach to hug her or otherwise discomfort her. He'd wait for the moment to pass before bringing them together with Serene at the trees, "Nothing too special about it really, pluck the fruits that are ripe enough, you can tell by how easy it is to pull off, the easier the better."

@Kujamih

Apollo simply snarled at the sudden escape, shredding the pillow left behind with his sharp talons and throwing the remains out of the ship. He closed the wall behind him with his wings as he returned to the desk. He seemed to be doing his best to not repeat the cycle with Light, "Get. Out. I don't want to see hide nor hair of you until you have something substantial."

If Light left straight away he'd catch a few concerned looks from the staff milling about the foyer to Apollo's office. One came up to him, "Are you alright? Need any medical attention? It sounded heated in there."

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Fury smirked at his agreement, "Good. Now to get down to business. Rather than have you all introduce yourselves I'll do that for you, then give you all your assignments and send you off. Don't interact with each other outside of our meetings any more than you did before."

He motioned to the deer with the golden antlers, "Dell Conegher, the legendary Engi-deer of West Cervidas and Celestia's covert team. Prolific inventor and chief scientist of the Æther. You'll be in charge of applied anomolies, taking what we understand and putting it to use."

He motioned to the unicorn mare, "Silver Studs Easle, wife of the late Consul Illiad Easle of Red Rose, Similarly prolific inventor and chief mechanic of the Æther. You'll be in charge of anomalies mechanical in nature."

He motioned to the unicorn stallion, "Euclid Azule 'Blu Baseplate' Fastar, Mastermind of magical lifeforms and applied rune-mancy as well as head of all gem-based utilities on the Æther. You'll be in charge of anomolies extra-dimensional in nature."

He motioned to the reindeer, "Elegiac Blackness, chief of histories and artifacts on the Æther as well as an accomplished archeologist. You'll be in charge of anomolies historical or ritualistic in nature."

He finally motioned to Thundy, "Thundy, uniquely gifted in magic among gryphons and a visitor from another dimension. You'll be in charge of anomolies magical in nature."

He motioned to himself, "I will be in charge of anomolies which are chaotic in nature. Now, you're free to recruit any under you that you see fit, you are not under any circumstances to tell them or anyone about any other member of this council. Our first order of business is how we can depose Apollo while minimizing collateral damage and ensuring a peaceful transition."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Trixie followed down to the lower portion of the library. She took note of the guard's appearance and words. "Trixie will do her best, and she wishes you a good rest." she spoke, her showpony tone showing through in her words slightly. Once the mare had left, Trixie was now alone. Trixie began to make regular walks across the floor to make sure there were no intruders. She glanced over the books, and began to walk along the shelves to see what sorts of spells were contained. Not too long though, she would not take her focus off of her guard duties.

@Jack Baker @Illiad Easle

Maud turned to face the guards as she kept up a slow, yet even pace of pedalling. She looked them in the eye in a rather intimidating fashion, it was hard to tell what her look meant. She spoke to the guards, "Rocks are my best friend." she said with a slight nod. It was a rather cryptic thing to say, really. 

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Thundy nodded when he heard his name, his abilities and his assignment. He was ready to start working in order to defend this project. He did want to get to know the others, and was a little disappointed when he heard not to interact with others except only in this meeting area. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

As Light calmly left Apollo's room, the guards were nice enough to assist Light of his well being.

" I'm ok. A bit shocked, but I'm A O K, but Apollo's room isn't."

Light said to the guards with a big heavy sigh.

" I'm actually more worried for you guys. How are you guys holding up? You know what? Maybe lingering here will be trouble for you, so I better leave. Oh but let me treat you with some drinks or food when we meet again."

as the guards and light Finished their greetings. Light immediately went to Queen Permu's throne.

as he set his foot neer the entrance he immediately asked the guards for a meeting with the queen.

LIght gave a light bow to the guards and said, "may I have a word with the queen?"

if no further important events or actions would happen to the guards, Light would continue to enter the room.

Light would ask Queen Permu, " Queen Permu. I am here to report that I have met with Apollo and has demanded for me to search for the rebels." 

" Is there anything you wish for me in this matter?"

" ...oh and my Queen... What do you see in that Tyrant?"

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Shadow nodded in agreement to Play's statement. Hopefully everything will indeed go back to into a new peaceful world, more prosperous than the first.

She smiled when Plein said goodbye to them after finishing her meal, listening to Play as he talks about Plein and her familiarity with her father with Shadow chuckling at a few amusing words. She had kept her smile, but it did not lasted when he wanted to know more about her. Her personal information.

“I don't want to talk a lot about my personal information, like it of not; for me, it should remain concealed to everypony whether you and everypony like it or not" due to her affiliation to Nightmare Moon and her Shadowbolts, she had to avoid allowing anypony to know even a bit of any personal information

Windy felt like she was caught stealing macapuno red-hoofed by her mother, though in actually Tables was able to see a crack of her emotional crisis. She sighed and let her frown be shown to her new friend, “I'm alright it's just that i'm a bit toessed out” she half-lied.

Serene have already resumed plucking ripe fruits from their branches when Wildebeest led Brittle and Briar to him, “It's nice to meet you two after a month of not seeing each other” came his greeting as he took another ripe fruit.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle  @Windy Breeze

17 hours ago, Windy Breeze said:

Serene have already resumed plucking ripe fruits from their branches when Wildebeest led Brittle and Briar to him, “It's nice to meet you two after a month of not seeing each other” came his greeting as he took another ripe fruit.

"We have all had much to do. I can imagine you too must have had things to attend."

Briar would slide out his vine, and quickly pick four fruit from the tree, that he then held in the magic emanating from the flower on his head. He nearly took another too, but halted before grabbing it. It was good, but not completely ripe yet. And he could indeed tell. His magic were good at that, even if it were weak compared to the raw arcane power of a unicorn. One of several reasons that he were great to have placed in the agriculture department.

"We will have much to do today it seems, and after such a wonderful development, I feel as if I am overflowing with energy. The harvest shall be grand. Though give the one I am pointing at now, another few hours. I can feel it nearing, but it isn't entirely there yet."

Briar would point a vine at the one he almost picked, and smirked slightly. Perhaps this were showing off some, but it seemed harmless to him, and there were nothing wrong in being somewhat proud in what you could do. Long as it weren't obnoxiously so, and you shoved into the faces of others, how you thought yourself better than them.

On 2021-06-02 at 5:37 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"Her first word! And it was to me, you honor me Brittle."

Nonetheless, despite how much he clearly wanted to he did not approach to hug her or otherwise discomfort her. He'd wait for the moment to pass before bringing them together with Serene at the trees, "Nothing too special about it really, pluck the fruits that are ripe enough, you can tell by how easy it is to pull off, the easier the better."

Brittle would not say more, but the faintest look of a very weak smile would hastily cross her face, before it withered away, and she returned to hiding behind Briar, whilst her eyes gazed upon the others with fear. It were a small step, but it were something important, as it showed she were slowly getting back to her senses. Which would still include a metric ton of fear, yet Briar were thankful for any progress there were, even if it were more towards returning to a state of where it once were, when they had met again near Ponyville, rather than where it had been before the world went mad. Anything were better than her near catatonic state, where the deafening silence made him fear every day, that she had gotten lost within her own mind.

"It is a great day indeed, to hear her reach out once more. I had feared the worst, yet now feel blessed once more. I will not push her more now, but hopefully, you will in time be able to speak more in earnest. It seems clear that she does not mind the possibility. When she is ready for it, of course.

As for the fruit, how many would you expect to be plucked? You know well by now, that I do enjoy hearing the projected number, merely so that I can try and exceed it. It feels right to do so. After all this place have done for us, I at least feel like I should do not just what is expected, but better. Or are you going to try and withhold the number from me, Wildebeast, just so that you may tease me with it later?"

He would not put this past the stallion, but it would be okay too really. Briar were a hard working overachiever, and sometimes, the only real way to try and reel him in were low balling how much were expected of him, or just not say it, and then hope he slowed down enough to not appeared strained. Even if he wasn't. He weren't build like a pony, and as he had said to others at times, he could not be judged stamina-wise as one. Some understood that, others did not. He were not entirely certain still where Wildebeast stood on this though, in all honesty.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer @Illiad Easle

I gave Maud a questioning look, then turned my attention back to the guards. "For clarity... I distracted them while she collapsed the cave they set up camp in," I said, making way for one of them to take my place. "We kept one alive for questioning, and when that was done, I..." I cut off my sentence and drew a line around my neck with my right hoof, signifying I killed, simultaneously clicking my tongue for added effect.

• Brohoof 2

@Starforce Glimmer

For the most part her patrols were uneventful, which was likely what gave her the peace of mind to peruse the books available to her.

The selection seemed rather tame, but she was on the first of the secured layers, there were still two deeper floors with more restricted information. She did however find a loose page stuck between two books on the shelf, it stood out as it was a rather old page among somewhat newer books. Perhaps it had fallen from another book and been placed there?

If she investigated the page she'd find a short message: "Hello Spiral, long time no see."

The guards had been confused by Maud's rather enigmatic response, and were grateful for Raze's clarification, only the newest of them cringing at his depiction of executing the loyalist. The others nodded, "Very resourceful of you two, managing to pull something like that off. Loyalists typically aren't slouches in their own right, they usually have some amount of chaos magic on their side."

Their journey wasn't too much longer, and they arrived in the same hanger bay that they had left from a month prior. The General was there to welcome them back after an announcement: "Very good work, all of you, to bring back such a haul is far beyond what we had expected. However, you ought to know what has transpired in your absence. There are reports of rebels present on the project, Apollo is putting all the guards on high alert until the situation is resolved. Get some rest, you've all earned it."

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Per the topic of discussion, Dell was the first to respond, "I worked with another of the original O5, A. Clave Bunsen, the former director of TrUST. His madness led to paranoia, which I believe we're seeing in Apollo now. I believe these 'rebels' he is so concerned about are nothing more than figments of his imagination. As such he will never be convinced that they are dealt with until he burns the whole place down. We may be able to use that to our advantage, many will be accused of being rebels, they should be plenty amicable to our cause."

Silver spoke next, "Those accused will no doubt be those with access to sensitive areas: maintenance, guards, scientists. Us in short, but those we are familiar with in long. Converting them should be easy, if they survive."

Blu followed up, "Apollo is also highly dosed with Minostralium, a new shipment of which is now arriving. He can't be allowed to get it, or he may break everything even without a growing insanity."

Eyes turned to Thundy, Fury speaking, "Not to belittle you, but you are the most expendible and best equipped physically. Can you capture the Minostralium before Apollo gets it?"

@Kujamih

The guards seemed amicable to Light's attitude, promising to take him up on his offer if the chance arose.

Light was able to meet with Queen Permu without issue, "Ah yes, the 'rebels' that my children haven't caught a single whiff of. Still, there's no need to call him a tyrant, that won't help your cause any. To be frank, he's a means to an end, he was, and largely still is, an excellent manager, fiercely intelligent and quite powerful. Regardless, I wish you well on your quest, maybe you'll succeed where my children have apparently failed."

@Windy Breeze

Play's expression hardened a bit when Shadow refused to divulge more, "Look, we all have secrets we'd like to just leave behind, this project offers you that, and short of you being a loyalist I don't think there's anything you could have done in your past that would make me think less of you considering all you've done since you've arrived. I've allowed you to interact with Plein this long because you've seemed trustworthy, but that trust can only go so far." He looked around, "If you'd rather speak privately we can go to my quarters."

Tables expression softened, "We all are, that's normal and it'll pass eventually, don't worry. I'll be here to help you through it. What are they having you do for patrols anyway?" It seemed she was trying to change the subject, maybe directing the topic to something that would help Windy calm down.

7 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

As for the fruit, how many would you expect to be plucked? You know well by now, that I do enjoy hearing the projected number, merely so that I can try and exceed it. It feels right to do so. After all this place have done for us, I at least feel like I should do not just what is expected, but better. Or are you going to try and withhold the number from me, Wildebeast, just so that you may tease me with it later?"

Wildebeast chuckled before he shrugged, "As many as there are, it's not like we sent someone to count the fruit in the trees before we pick them, we'll find out how many there are once you're done. The number you should be worried about is how many the group behind you finds that you missed."

With that he would leave the three of them to work together on clearing the trees of fruit.

@Illiad Easle

"You have my word." Thundy said standing up. He wished that he could take at least one other with him, and knew that this job was going to be very difficult. With the memories that he had from the various videogames and other media from his world, he could perhaps come up with something. 

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Spiral went to examine the strange page that was found. The suspense of what was contained ruined the relative peace and quiet of the shift for her, and her eyes widened in horror upon seeing what had been written on the page. Her and Trixie would converse about this quietly before Spiral proceeded to make a complete search of the entire library itself, scanning for any cloaked individuals or unusual magics. She was very on alert, and would be aware of anything amiss in this area. 

@Jack Baker @Illiad Easle

Maud disapproved of Raze revealing the manner of the execution, as well as revealing more information. She was suspicious of everyone, it seemed but nobody would be able to tell for she bore the same face she always did. She didn't approve of Raze's manner of speaking but she felt a degree of trust within him especially with how they took out those loyalists in the cave. It was a whole month since she had been on this ship and she was glad to be back, however she wouldn't mind more time down on the surface. Oh well.

She'd quietly nod to the guard's statement as she removed the various layers of gear on her body, setting them over where they belonged before looking to Raze with the same mysterious look on her face. "You are the only one I trust." she said with a hint of boldness in her word. He could see the sweat roll down her face.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

Light was disheartened and replied. "I understand and I am sorry. Thank you for your time and wisdom, I will take my leave now." Light would wait  for a bit if a response would come out of the queen and if none would quietly leave.

Light would then hang out at the cafeteria/,Lounge area and hope for the best that he'd meet anyone he could recognize and might start his investigation there.

He would be sitting there alone and bored for the time and would speak to himself.

"Damnit....if the changelings couldn't find them... Then that just means their that good..... Or doesn't exist at all.... But the way Apollo acts.... I'm definitely sure he's gunna end up making enemies... I sure ain't one of his fans..."

Light would chug down a drink or two and wait for faith to roll the dice.

" I hate this."

Well there's nothing Light can do about it.

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

She seeing Play was not disheartened to know her personal information, she sighed in defeat “I work as a freelance journalist and photographer in the mighty coastal city of glorious Haytona” she said with a him of sarcasm, “If you ask if I had a family; I had none”

Windy gave her smile; genuine this time “I've been tasked to patrol sometimes the hospital or the....um...what was the Æther's military base called? I easily forgot names, a habit I tried to get rid of back in the old days until now” she said sheepishly.

“Careful not to take an unripe fruit” Serene smiled at Brittle and Briar, “So, how was Æther for both of you? Must been good and a lot of new friends to hang with once the end of your shift”

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle  @Windy Breeze

On 2021-06-09 at 5:47 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Wildebeast chuckled before he shrugged, "As many as there are, it's not like we sent someone to count the fruit in the trees before we pick them, we'll find out how many there are once you're done. The number you should be worried about is how many the group behind you finds that you missed."

"I miss one potato, and I am never to hear the end of it."

Briar would smirk towards Wildebeast. It were something which he were well aware of himself, this mistake. Regardless of how much Briar considered himself to be highly efficient, he were not infallible, nor perfect. He made mistakes like all others, and sadly, this one were known. Though really, he did not mind much. It were a minor, harmless jest they could play on one another, and in briar's mind, having missed one, were still doing well. It were if he missed dozens upon dozens that he would consider his efforts inexcusably inefficient.

He'd bow towards his peculiar friend as he wandered off, while Brittle merely looked in his direction for the time being. And then, it were time to get to work.

On 2021-06-11 at 6:38 AM, Windy Breeze said:

“Careful not to take an unripe fruit” Serene smiled at Brittle and Briar, “So, how was Æther for both of you? Must been good and a lot of new friends to hang with once the end of your shift”

"We have made friends with new creatures here and there, yes. They have even graciously offered a tutor to help Brittle with schooling, so we are blessed. Our shifts are long though. By choice that is. I wish to give my all to help this place who saved us, and that does entail time. Though I don't mind. I have a need to stay in motions and exert a good deal of energy, or I grow restless.

I am also offering them my essence at a regular basis now, which helps the output of plant life, and highly efficiently so, from what they tell me. I am not certain how they utilize it, but it is on a far bigger scale than I had been able to, had I tried to do this on my own. It's fascinating really.

Ah, but I suppose I am rambling slightly. Long has it been since we felt your presence, so do tell, how have life been thus far? Have you settled in well?"

Briar would continue to work as they spoke, and kept using his vines to pluck the ripe fruit. A good deal he'd then have flowing with him, until he could see a barrel, or other container he were supposed to deposit it in, but some Brittle took too. She'd also catch the ones that might just fall by their own, or by accident, via her magic. It were the easiest way for her to help, without having to physically move from Briar's side.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer @Illiad Easle

At first, I raised my brow at Maud's statement, but then I sighed and nodded,, smiling slightly at her. It was good to know that she could trust me. And after the situation in the cave, I felt like I could trust her too.

But now, I really needed to rest. I waved farewell to Maud and made my way back to the residential area of the project. I made my way to my room and went inside, going straight for the bed. With a loud thud, I collapsed on top. The mattress itself was a bit stiff when I first came on board, but after a month of sleeping on bedrolls in tents, it felt like I was laying on a cloud.

I laid flat on my back, staring at the ceiling. I began to think about what the general had said back at the hangar.

"...A rebel group, huh..."

• Brohoof 2

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Fury nodded, "If it hasn't arrived already, it will arrive in the cargo hanger, below the hanger you arrived in. If it's already arrived it'll go to the foundry first for verification and purification. Apollo is too smart to try and use it before it's been purified. Either there in the hanger or down in the foundry would be the best places to take it."

Silver spoke next, "Once you have it, bring it to the pipeworks, I can route it from there to wherever we need it."

Blu and Glen both spoke up, Blu allowing Glen to go first, "I presume both Blu and I have ways we can put the minostralium to good use, we'll keep you posted on how much and where we need it."

Eyes returned to Thundy, "Do you need anything else? Or will that be all?"

@SuriPolomare

While they didn't find any cloaked individuals, they did find some faint traces of chaos magic with a bit of earth pony magic mixed in. Why or how they had placed the note there was still a mystery, and she wouldn't find another like it in the rest of the floor.

@SuriPolomare @Jack Baker

Before Maud and Raze went their separate ways another of the guards would approach, "Because of the rebel threat, and since you two already had the chance to steal some and didn't, we'll need you to take a shift in guarding it, specifically when it's being transported to the foundry. Get some rest real quick, then report back here in, oh, eight hours. It should be ready to move by then."

@Kujamih

As luck would have it, another pony took a seat at the table with him, "You're in good company then." It was a slightly older stallion, one of the scientists if his coat was anything to go off of, "Apollo gets like this every so often, thinks someone's out to get him, maybe he's got some ghosts in his past he'd rather leave buried. Still, he's made quite a few enemies on this ship."

The stallion ate some of his food as if he hadn't just confessed to be a traitor, "By the marks on your neck I assume you're not a friend of his?"

@Windy Breeze

Play looked a bit non-plussed, but shrugged, "I don't see why you didn't want to say that earlier, but I assume you have your reasons. Maybe you worked for a sleazy tabloid? I won't pry. Maybe Plein will give you some semblance of the family you never had."

With that he stood from the table, "I should get going now, I assume I'll see you around."

Tables nodded, "The hospital and the armory are both important places to protect if rebels are bold enough to attack, either place being captured or destroyed would be very bad for the Project. Let me know if you don't feel safe on your patrols, I'll see if I can't convince them to send a few more guards your way."

There were buckets at the base of each tree for the collected fruits to be deposited, some had trays like egg cartons for the more delicate fruits that would bruise of stacked on top of themselves. It was surprising just how many trees they had managed to fit in the area they had, more impressive was how many fruits each tree had despite the small growing size.

They'd be undisturbed until they finished, giving them plenty of time to talk as they worked.

(Feel free to post more than once if that furthers your conversation)

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

“Got it.” Thundy said as he got up. He then gathered some electricity and made his lightweight tool belt appear around his waist. He then headed towards where Apollo was kept, making sure that he had all of the stuff he needed to defend himself if he needed to.