Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Character System Open - Feedback and Suggestions Welcome

Jeric

6 hours ago, Jeric said:

@Sparklefan1234 No. Sci-Twi and Princess Twilight are distinct characters. What was discussed are when one original character imagines another, or ... say someone has DID and can switch into different personalities. In these characters there is one physical vessel. 

Wouldn't you say that's kind of like how my two OC characters Unicorn and Changeling Will Guide usually share one body, but the character that's currently out is the driver?

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, PawelS said:

Just to let you know, I got a notification that my first character got approved, but not about the other two.

I want back and check and confirm that all your three characters are approved. Check back at the everfree RP characters, you will be able to see three of your characters!

• Brohoof 1

53 minutes ago, TBD said:

I want back and check and confirm that all your three characters are approved. Check back at the everfree RP characters, you will be able to see three of your characters!

Yes, I can see that all three are approved, my point was that I didn't get notifications for two of them.

Another question: When I delete a character, what happens to existing posts made as it? (I'm not going to do it anytime soon, I'm just asking theoretically.)

Edit: Also I think it was possible to add a signature to a character, but now I can't see it...

Edited by PawelS
  • Brohoof 1

I guess I'm still confused.

The one question that I have to ask is...

Is this new system mandatory? There are RPs here on the forum where things were rather casual and people were allowed to be as many characters as they want, be it their main selection or minor characters such as incidental background characters or non-reoccurring characters. Seems like if there is a limit to how many characters you can submit or use, it defeats the purpose of the more casual and open RPs.

2 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

Is this new system mandatory? There are RPs here on the forum where things were rather casual and people were allowed to be as many characters as they want, be it their main selection or minor characters such as incidental background characters or non-reoccurring characters. Seems like if there is a limit to how many characters you can submit or use, it defeats the purpose of the more casual and open RPs.

At present, there is no compulsory component for Everfree (the basic RP). This isn't to say that a DM down the line won't open an RP that makes Characters a requirement. There are also different and more immersive elements of RP planned that will have a Character requirement. 

48 minutes ago, PawelS said:

Edit: Also I think it was possible to add a signature to a character, but now I can't see it...

No longer possible. Sorry

• Brohoof 1

55 minutes ago, PawelS said:

Another question: When I delete a character, what happens to existing posts made as it? (I'm not going to do it anytime soon, I'm just asking theoretically.)

Deleting a character will make that post revert to your Forum User information. 

• Brohoof 1

48 minutes ago, raykv423 said:

I already have my OC (his name is Ray Strike) made but I tried to find it in the forums to no avail. 

You go to the “character” in the header and click on it. Here’s where you will be able to create your characters 

https://mlpforums.com/characters/

14 hours ago, Califorum said:

What is planned for the future?

So far now, we’re focusing on working around this new system and making sure everyone is getting the hang out it! Ideally for me, I hope people would find this new system helpful and fun to use for any RPs, events, and more! 

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, TBD said:

You go to the “character” in the header and click on it. Here’s where you will be able to create your characters 

So far now, we’re focusing on working around this new system and making sure everyone is getting the hang out it! Ideally for me, I hope people would find this new system helpful and fun to use for any RPs, events, and more! 

Well I definitely really like it!

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Califorum said:

Well I definitely really like it!

Glad to hear it! Although I would love to see how it will look for our next 2021 world cup, not confirming anything, but it would splendid!  :D

• Brohoof 1

This is strange, but I thought it might have something to do with the new character system so here it is:

2021-02-11.thumb.png.e195c7d2eb49d8feab8952582be7b29d.png

When I made a comment in my Ask Mickey Mouse Topic in character as the Mouse himself, I got a notification with my Mickey Character Avatar saying "Commented on Ask Mickey Mouse". This feels redundant since I"M the one who made the comment. It would make sense if I was notified if someone else commented on my Ask Character topics, but not myself. Do you think it might have to do with the new Character system? since I've checked my own notification settings and had them set so I would usually only be notified if someone quoted me, mentioned me or if a person I'm following posted a status update.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

If I switch to one of my RP characters in my "ask a pony" and I hit return it saves before I'm able to post anything. That's annoying. :huh:

Knowing how the system works, that actually makes sense. Not sure of a workaround programmatically but I'll take a look. 

• Brohoof 2

43 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Knowing how the system works, that actually makes sense. Not sure of a workaround programmatically but I'll take a look. 

Thank You, BFFFF. I appreciate it. :coco:

On 2021-02-09 at 3:00 PM, TBD said:

I tried to search my OC and D'oh! I couldn't find it :(

I guess that means I'll have to do redo everything from the scratch for my OC.

Edited by raykv423

31 minutes ago, raykv423 said:

I tried to search my OC and D'oh! I couldn't find it :(

I guess that means I'll have to do redo everything from the scratch for my OC.

Actually I think you were looking in the wrong section 

This was under Pony Roleplay Characters section when you look through your content, not the Characters Archive or Equestrian Empire Character Archive.

https://mlpforums.com/roleplay-world/roleplay-characters-sheets/original-characters/ray-strike-r276/

2021-02-12.thumb.png.ac7a56e4e347cd78d418ec1c64b8dbab.png

Hopes that helps

(Darn I missed him. gee I hope he didn't sign off not intending to come back without starting from scratch, but this would save him a lot of time)

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

(Darn I missed him. gee I hope he didn't sign off not intending to come back without starting from scratch, but this would save him a lot of time)

I'm here now, McGee. Gracias, boss. :yay: I appreciate it.

Spoiler

Like I said, I'm still new here so I'm pretty sure it's gonna take a while to familiarize myself to the forums :please:

I still have a long way to go :sealed: 

And now I have found my OC....

.....would it be possible to put it in Everfree Roleplay thingy? I don't know if I could copy and paste it or something.

Edited by raykv423

38 minutes ago, raykv423 said:

I'm here now, McGee. Gracias, boss. :yay: I appreciate it.

Reveal hidden contents

Like I said, I'm still new here so I'm pretty sure it's gonna take a while to familiarize myself to the forums :please:

I still have a long way to go :sealed: 

And now I have found my OC....

.....would it be possible to put it in Everfree Roleplay thingy? I don't know if I could copy and paste it or something.

As @TBDsaid, you go to this page.

Hit the new character button you see at the top and from there you can fill out the information. I'm sure you can copy and paste the information from your old character page that I helped you found

• Brohoof 1

@raykv423 your character is good to go! You should be getting a notification that your character has been approved. The reason why you couldn’t see your characters at first was because it needs to be approved by the Staffs first. Let me know if you have any other questions!

09B67B23-9725-4FF0-9415-C4094314E382.thumb.jpeg.73a946b7464ff1c1a44c7c2dfeac7b20.jpeg

Thanks @Will Guide for showing them as well! :)

17 minutes ago, TBD said:

@raykv423 your character is good to go! You should be getting a notification that your character has been approved. The reason why you couldn’t see your characters at first was because it needs to be approved by the Staffs first. Let me know if you have any other questions!

09B67B23-9725-4FF0-9415-C4094314E382.thumb.jpeg.73a946b7464ff1c1a44c7c2dfeac7b20.jpeg

Thanks @Will Guide for showing them as well! :)

Thank you, Agent @TBD:yay: I appreciate it, boss. :squee:

Backstory and key moments are still two separate things while abilities and magic (that should pretty much also be put under the same bracket) have only a sentence worth of space. The OOC section will still have to serve as the character info repository for various spells and items.

Now, I have a hunch that this might change for le advanced RPs, but then there's going to be another problem linked to the character creator: Poniverse bestiary would undoubtedly suck. DM will always have the need to post out of character in order to RP NPCs. Do not try to change this.

Possible last poster error? Shows last post at Thurs 4.19pm as my character Clairvoyance below, but that is actually @Goat-kun's post D: I posted on Tues @ 10:29. 

image.thumb.png.7c0a5cdcee1811e422f8923926c0300a.png

image.thumb.png.bed497bf32f1bcc5e92e0a6717550307.png

:blush: more detail - my response was below character limit and I didn't notice. I think maybe the system overrode Goat's post with my character when I submitted, but then removed my post because it was under the character limit without changing the icon?

*edit edit* hehe totally not being inebriated foal here... this post was meant for the characters thread please could some kind mod take pity on me and move it *hic*
- Moved it for you; Do not drink and drive um.. post :bedeyes: -Rikifive // (feel free to remove this note)

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Do the key moments have to come from a role play? Because I can basically sum up key points of Unicorn and Changeling Will Guide's lives from some fan fiction I never got around to writing.

24 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Do the key moments have to come from a role play? Because I can basically sum up key points of Unicorn and Changeling Will Guide's lives from some fan fiction I never got around to writing.

They can come from wherever you want. You can always add more later, but it might be a summation of the character sheet, or little interactions you enjoyed with other characters that you thought may have added to that character's growth. Ultimately it is your character. You could leave that part blank if and until you feel it's ready to be filled in.