Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you do firewalking? "walking on hot embers or coal"

Flying Pencil

So I was researching on firewalking, the act of walking on hot embers or coal that is a tradition in Polynesian cultures. So I would wondering if anyone would want to walk on hot coals. I think it's safe and there some psychics to it. But I would probably not do it?  Would you?

No, I wouldn't risk it. If it goes wrong I wouldn't want to deal with messed up feet for a couple weeks.:dry:

Funny story about this though: When I was about 4, my grandpa was making a small concrete foundation slab while building a mini windmill decoration thing at our cottage. We have a sidewalk/walkway thing on the side of the house where my aunts and uncles had gotten their footprints as children in some of the slabs at about the same age I was.

WELL I had seen some firewalking thing on TV one way or another and was screaming bloody murder and refused to let them put me on the wet concrete.:blink: I genuinely believed it was hot and would fry my feet for some reason. Needless to say, unfortunately I'm not part of the "footprint archive" there.:laugh:

• 2 months later...

I've got very sensitive feet. Hot sand and concrete make me miserable when I'm barefoot, and that stuff is probably nothing compared to the heat of hot embers or coal. So...  no thank you. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...