Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Ember went through the portal would she be a dog too?

Skytower

So far we've only seen two species go through the mirror, pony and dragon.  All ponys become human, but we don't know if all dragons become dogs.  As far as I can see Ember is the only dragon besides Spike who could fit into the portal.  So if she went through would she be a dog like Spike or did Spike become a dog because human Twilight had a dog named Spike?  If not a dog, what would she be?  A dragonfly?  A bird?

• Brohoof 1

It'd be cool if she went through the portal and turned out to be a German shepherd or something as I could kind of see her as one in the human world.

I'd imagine so. Be some weird double standard if it didn't. But the portal is a machine, so it shouldn't have that capability to make distinctions like that. 

So, things would probably turn out like this: 

Image result for spike ember eqg

Related image

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 9

@Denim&Venom

I was just about to use that first "Princess Ember dog" picture for part of my post. :P

Anyway, I also think Princess Ember would turn into a dog if she went through the portal just like Spike did & she would be adorable, too. :D

sciset_138__cant_wait__by_little_tweenfr

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

I believe she would. It seems the species of the MLP universe have their own preset counterparts to turn into once they cross the portal. Since all ponies become human with no exceptions, I think it'd be strange if not all dragons became dogs!

• Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I'd imagine so. Be some weird double standard if it didn't. But the portal is a machine, so it shouldn't have that capability to make distinctions like that. 

Related image

For some reason those remind me of Zoey from Littlest Pet Shop.

12 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venom

I was just about to use that first "Princes Ember dog" picture for part of my post. :P

Anyway, I also think Princess Ember would turn into a dog if she went through the portal just like Spike did & she would be adorable, too. :D

sciset_138__cant_wait__by_little_tweenfr

Squirel's beware!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I wonder also, does this mean that a dog going through the portal would come out as a dragon in Equestria?  Just speculating what kind of dragon Scooby-doo would be :)

Edited by Skytower
  • Brohoof 2

I'm going to be a rebel here and suggest that it's possible that Ember wouldn't transform into a dog!  It could be that Spike had to turn into a dog, because that was the best transformation that the portal could come up with, in order to justify why Spike would be following Twilight 24/7.

Edit:  As for what Ember would transform into, I dunno!  Probably some form that would be best fit for her to fulfill whatever task she came to that world for.

Edited by StoryTail
  • Brohoof 1

If Ember were to go through and become a dog much like how Spike did, then that would confirm what becomes of dragons in this scenario though Spike could be an exception to the norm and that Ember would become human. Then again, if another creature like a dragon, say, a griffin, went through the portal and became a dog or perhaps some kind of bird, then it would further add evidence to the fact.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Ginger Ale said:

Very nice question. Spike is a pet of someone though, Ember has no owner.

Ember is the dragon lord so I assume Ember would be a crocodile since dragons are reptiles too.

A talking crocodile?  She'd have a lot of trouble.

6 hours ago, Ginger Ale said:

Very nice question. Spike is a pet of someone though, Ember has no owner.

Ember is the dragon lord so I assume Ember would be a crocodile since dragons are reptiles too.

Spike is hardly a pet of anyone (at least in Equestria, I dunno what his status in EQG is). He is his own person and decides for himself where he belongs.

But if Ember did come out as a crocodile, does that mean Gummi would become a dragon? :ooh:

• 2 years later...

I'd like to imagine that if Ember came through the portal, she would maybe turn into some kind of other animal besides a dog.

Spike turning into one made sense since he's kind of a momma's boy to a degree

But the whole Dragon = Dog algorithm is kind of silly x3

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/20/2019 at 1:47 PM, Sepul-Coloratura said:

This is why you should be careful when building a fantasy world. I don't think people thought it through when deciding Spike being a puppy.

Big time.
Honestly in the long-run, it screwed Spike over in EQG big time. 
Really restricted his potential on what he could do and his involvement.  Most of the time it felt like Spike in EQG is just.. there, like a freaking prop.
Can't really interact with anyone aside from the girls either.  

It just doesn't seem fair that he doesn't get to be a human like everyone else is.

On 12/20/2019 at 12:30 PM, ShadOBurn🔥 said:

It really is, considering that the Diamonds Dogs are represented as human.

Pretty much one of the issues I have with Spike being a dog.
Whatever iffy excuse they had on him not allowed to being human gets finished off from a bullet in the form of THIS fact right here. 
Diamond DOGS getting to be humans instead of well.. dogs.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/27/2017 at 9:48 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

Related image

I cannot decide!!!! Aaaaa :Pharynx:

*Spikes sings* You and me Baby ain't nothing but..... Okay I'll stop