Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Megan were to show up in FiM, how do you think she would be characterized?

Carolina

(edited)

Ok. I'm getting curious. People say "humans don't belong there" as their arguments. Forgetting that this show is your break from reality, I'd like some explanations as to why humans don't belong there.

Also, there are these people saying that she was annoying in G1. I'd also like some explanation on that.

Edited by Xidphel
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldn't like it because I want to be the ONLY HUMAN IN EQUESTRIA :B

But, with all Joking aside, I would probably lose interest in the show after that beings that it was mostly the ponies that got me interested, if they added the human element to it, I probably would just stop watching it altogether....

maybe

• Brohoof 1

Hmm... If Megan were to come to Equestria...

post-5645-0-97625400-1343447394.png

Enough chitchat, time to get serious. I would probally loose some interest in the show because of the humans. But if the show still keeps me entertained or has a human appear for only once or twice in the show, I wouldn't loose interest.

I wouldn't like it because I want to be the ONLY HUMAN IN EQUESTRIA :B

But, with all Joking aside, I would probably lose interest in the show after that beings that it was mostly the ponies that got me interested, if they added the human element to it, I probably would just stop watching it altogether....

maybe

But it's just this one human. And if she were to appear, she'd most likely be a one-shot character for a single episode or 2-parter.

Also, you say ponies is what got you interested. My Little Pony isn't only about the ponies. Spike is a main character in the show and he's a Dragon. There's been 2 awesome non-pony villains: a Draconequus and a changeling. Various creatues of the D&D monster manual have appeared including 2 griffons. Ponies are the main focus of the show but doesn't mean they can't add other creatures including a human in there.

• Brohoof 1

Ok. I'm getting curious. People say "humans don't belong there" as their arguments. Forgetting that this show is your break from reality, I'd like some explanations as to why humans don't belong there.

Also, there are these people saying that she was annoying in G1. I'd also like some explanation on that.

From what I saw of G1, she ruins songs, she has an annoying voice and she could easily be replaced and it wouldn't change anything to the storyline. I don't like her overall.

From what I saw of G1, she ruins songs, she has an annoying voice and she could easily be replaced and it wouldn't change anything to the storyline. I don't like her overall.

Yeah, she could be slightly annoying in G1 I suppose (though I still maintain she was one of the better characters). That said, FiM wouldn't necasarily have to keep her same personality. Look at Applejack for example. Her FiM persona is absolutely nothing like how she was in G1

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Haha wow, everyone has their jimmies rustled at the thought of humans being included in friendship is magic. If it was just for one or two episodes and then they went back to their respective worlds I would not have a problem with it. Like maybe they show up one day to help take down some evil doer and then afterwards get transported back to their world. But I honestly wouldnt have a problem with humans in FIM either way. Some people get too caught up in their cannons that they loose their sense of story progression, sure pure ponies seems more believable. But in terms of story progression adding temporary characters is a good trick to use, and is used quite often in other cartoons/anime's.

Edited by Bronynonymous
  • Brohoof 1

I agree with the majority that humans shouldn't appear. Having said that, if a human did somehow appear in Equestria for one episode or a two part max it would be ok. I could imagine it with the human being timid and scared and Twilight keeping him/her in the library most of the time while trying to figure out what happened, why and what connection the outsider has with whatever is happening.

I don't think we should ever see human among ponies. It just wouldn't fit there. Also, I thought this would be about Megan Reed. But I guess she is sort of similar to rarity.

I agree with the majority that humans shouldn't appear. Having said that, if a human did somehow appear in Equestria for one episode or a two part max it would be ok. I could imagine it with the human being timid and scared and Twilight keeping him/her in the library most of the time while trying to figure out what happened, why and what connection the outsider has with whatever is happening.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I picture it. She would be a one-shot character or possibly around for a short arc. Anyway, if the writers did decide to include Megan/another human (which in all honesty, they probably won't), I would trust them to handle it well. A lot of fans thought they wouldn't like Cadence and Shining Armor when they were first announced, but they turned out pretty well.

• Brohoof 2

I haven't seen G1 but I'll go with your comment saying she was annoying. However, that was G1. This is G4. They don't need to recycle their old personality.

Very true, Xidphel. They could have her personality be anyway they choose. While I personally would prefer her as a somewhat negative/cynical type, I think other personalities could work too.

Maybe she'd be kind of anal-renentive? Maybe shy? Maybe a complete bitch? IMO, any of these could work in a fish-out-of-water story involving a human in Equestria.

(edited)

Hmmmm. If she did show the writers would attempt to present her as a sympathetic and likeable character.

Now what would be fun is if she showed up with no knowledge of ponies. She would be welcomed by the more adventuresome ponies. But by the mid point of the show she would start to change into a pony! Humans cannot exist in Equestria more than a few days before changing into ponies themselves.

(see the post at the top of the page)

Such a show might be a bit frightening for children, but it would be meat and drink for us!

Edited by Silverhoof

(edited)

Ewwww humans in MLP.

Not saying the writers couldn't pull it off but it would just feel unnatural and....fanfic-y for lack of a better word. I think it's too late to introduce humans anyway, the world has already been set up and let's be honest she would probably get herself killed if she ever had to face a full grown dragon or a villain like Discord or Chrysalis.

Plus I simply don't want humans with my ponies. Remember the humans in Transformers, specifically the movies? They sucked and where annoying as hell not to mention they took away from the giant transforming robots. I believe the same thing applies here. I don't care about humans because their boring and can't do anything. I just want my ponies.

Edited by Ponymon Trainer Red
  • Brohoof 1

I honestly thought when I read the title that this was a stupid thread about megan fox.

Anyway, I wouldnt want her to show up becuase equestrian universe as it stands has no humans, season 3 is a little late to add a huge change like humans. It would just screw everything up.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

I would depict her as the same old Megan. And guys, I'm writing a fanfic about g4 Megan, you guys have your opinions and I have mine, and I have the right to say that GENERATION FOUR MEGAN WOULD BE ...AWESOME!

• Brohoof 2

Who said that a pony, named Megan that bore similar features to her could not appear in the show, somehow. Maybe we could have a reverse effect of the mirror that sent Twilight to the human world. Maybe a human (named Megan) stumbled across some portal in her world and wound up in Equestria as a pony.

• Brohoof 2

Who said that a pony, named Megan that bore similar features to her could not appear in the show, somehow. Maybe we could have a reverse effect of the mirror that sent Twilight to the human world. Maybe a human (named Megan) stumbled across some portal in her world and wound up in Equestria as a pony.

that is an excellent idea

The only being that actually WANTS humans in FiM is Lyra. filling up space, ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhh!

What if Lyra IS Megan? WHAT IF Dr Hooves took the tardis to Earth, met Megan, and brought her back with him, since she wanted to be reunited with her pony friends, but as he arrived back in g4, Megan became Lyra, because that universe couldn't support the human form and beings from alt dimensions existing without being made to assume the appearrance of the native species?

(edited)

Honestly, with all the other things the writers have managed to put in the show, I'm sure they could put Megan in the G4 universe well enough that I wouldn't mind.

Few rules though.

• She can't live there permanently.
  • Her reason for being in Equestria must be sound.
  • She can't be a Mary Sue.
  • She has to look cool.

Those are my rules. :derp:

Edited by TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos
  • Brohoof 1

I think she'd be Celestia's and Luna's mother.. and Megan's husband (i think shes married still?) would be the father, obviously.. I mean we dont know anything abotu Celestia's or Luna's parents, and i highly doubt those two just appeared out of no where

i think it'd be interesting to see Celestia getting a letter, and freaking out xD