Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do your parents think about you being a fan of MLP?

Paleopony

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-07-14 at 5:33 AM, AveryGamerDude said:

At first she thought it was weird, then she was cool with it, and now she really isn't. She thinks bronies are pedophiles. :dry:

It's weird how your mom was fine with it then she reverted back to the "bronies are weird pedophiles" mentality. Usually parents get used to their kids hobbies and accept them.

• Brohoof 1

My parents are perfectly fine with me watching the show and being a part of the fandom, since they are aware of other adult fandoms of kids shows. Although my sisters were against it, they've since cooled off with their criticism. When my parents walk into my room and see the pony merchandise, they joke that my room looks like a gift shop.

• Brohoof 2

They're perfectly fine with it luckily, they actually support my choices and tastes, and this makes me so joyful, but.. My peers aren't so accepting. So really, the only ones who know i like the show are my parents, my peers would sadly shame me for liking it. Oh well, i'm bad at keeping secrets so one day they'll discover it anyway. I better prepare.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 2021-08-31 at 11:17 AM, The Wife of Rengoku said:

We are not talking about whether or not people are good Christians.

Keep this talk out of here.

Sounds good.

Edited by Paleopony
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Although I don't mention it to my parents, my dad knows I'm into it and doesn't actually mind or even care really. Not bad for someone like him who has country Southern origins. 

I'm not sure if my mom cares or even knows if I watch it.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my Mother is the person who introduced me to MLP. However, she sometimes gets tired because I talk about the show all the time! :yay: It's her fault!!! :D  I love it.

Edited by Orchid_Fiore
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I'm a woman, and I played with MLP toys when I was tiny, so it's not as shocking as it would be with a guy. Nevertheless, I hid my interest and toys for many years because I thought my parents would think I'm wasting my money. So there still very much was a stigma I was worried about. But my mom didn't care when I told her I still liked the franchise and collected the toys. In fact, they have bought me some merchandise. lol

• Brohoof 2

They have disowned me. Just kidding, they are dead. At least my father, who abandoned me before I was born. My mother has mental issues. And, well. I haven't visited her in a long time. Because an stranger can be barely considered your mother to begin with. The rest of the "family", which are all distant relatives, don't give a damn about pretty much anything. They are too worried scavenging what possessions are left of this family, and fighting amongst themselves with their legal disputes. They are vultures, basically. Wow, they have caused so much damage. I hope I can see their actions be reckoned with one day.

my mom knows me already since my younger sibbliny told her that I was a brony but my mom didnt care and ithoguht she was going to beat me and now she knows me I love mlp she going to buy a plush for me, but my dad dont know yet. 

Initially they thought it was a bit odd, but I don't think they really cared all that much about it. Now it's been over a decade since I became a fan and they just think it's a fun quirky hobby. :P

• Brohoof 2

My parents don't say anything. Though I do get this comment from time to time- Beta, jara bade ho jao (translation- kid, grow up a little)

My sister likes thier design, so she watches with me sometimes (by sometimes I mean the episodes A Canterlot Wedding and To where and back again)

• Brohoof 2

My parents don’t mind but I’m surprised my dad is ok with it since he doesn’t approve of most other “kiddy” things. I guess where the pony audience has expanded, it doesn’t count as being too childish.

• Brohoof 2

At first, they though it was strange, I guess, but later when they saw I got friends, and a lot of similar aged people interested in it they don't bother themselves with it anymore. I did not bother to keep it secret at home. They already got used to that I watch a lot of cartoon and anime, usually. I actually watched MLP so much my parents got basic training in MLP without they wanted.  I realized this when I managed to get the TV, and the time when MLP was on. It was the episode when Rarity was terrorizing the diamond dogs, and my dad instead of looking at me confused started commenting the episode: like he told me it was a Marxist episode, teaching children and especially little girls that they can get everything they want with whining. And he laughed at how lame the dogs were. 

My mom, firstly, did not believe RD is a girl, and was completely sure she was boy. 

+1 : she thought Spike was Twilight's pet , like a dog, automatically, and it was way before EQG. 

These were unforgettable moments. :wub:

Actually, I have enough common sense to keep my bronydom hidden in front of other people, but my family already know who I am, anyway. (of course, I did not force this, it was totally accident, I watch 99.99% of episodes on my own laptop.)