Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Life or Death

Strong Hooves

Rose lowered her eyebrow and said,

"You cannot keep me at the sidelines. This could help me gain the experience I need to know. What am I going to do if a bandit runs into me when I'm alone, and the only experience I have had is shooting a corn bale?"

(edited)

Strong smiled slightly, then said "Ok". He then went to work, he made sure his rifles were fully loaded, as well as attaching his shotguns as secondary weapons, one flip is a switch, and he could fire them. He also grabbed another pistol and attached it to Roses battle saddle. "Flip this switch to trade weapons, only do that when you're out of ammo. If you run out while in a fight, tell me and I'll cover you until you find shelter. Understood?"

Edited by Strong Hooves

Strong nodded, and together, they left for the slave post. They stayed quiet, and eventually caught up with the raider group. The colts mother was in chains, she looked bruised and battered, signs of many physical and... other abuses.

Strong unslung his scoped rifle, "As soon as I shoot, we move quickly and quietly around their group, don't be in one spot too long." he aimed his rifle and fired, one of the ponies dropped dead. " go!" he whispered, staying low as he moved to his next spot.

Without answering Rose looked into the scope of the rifle. She aimed it just above his head, measuring the bullet drop. She wondered how she knew this, but she would not let this get in the way of what she needed to do. She breathed out slowly, and pulled the trigger, causing her target to fall to the ground, dead. She then got up and ran to the next safe position with Strong.

By this time, the bandits stopped completely, looking wildly around trying to pinpoint their attacker. Even the colts mother looked around now, not sure if it was her saving grace, or just another group of bandits. Strong took the rifle, not wasting time as he dropped another bandit. Two were left, guns loaded and ready. One had a battle saddle with an automatic assault rifle attached, ready to fire wherever the next shot went off.

Strong made his way to the opposite side of the bandits, where he aimed his rifle into the air and fired. Distracted, the last two bandits unleashed a hail of gunfire where the shot sounded from, not paying attention to anything else.

Strong heard the two shots then silence, he sighed and let a smile escape, she did it. He then looked down and grimaced, just a secon late however, he looked at the bullet that was lodged into his foreleg. "That's going to ruin my day" he thought with dry sarcasm. He limped forward, "Nice job Rose" he called out.

Strong grimaced, "Didn't duck in time. Doesn't matter, let's free this prisoner." Strong took a key from one of the dead bandits and unlocked the chains. The mare looked frighten as she shivered and took a step back, her scared eyes not leaving Strong. She was scared of him.

Rose slightly nudged Strong out of the way, and stood right in front of the mare. Rose got on her belly and laid in front of her and said,

"It's all right... we came to bring you back to your colt."

The mare looked at Rose with wide eyes, her breathing soon began to slow down, she looked at Strong then back at Rose "Wh-what about him?" she stammered. It was obvious she wasn't trusting of stallions, especially ones the size of Strong.

The mare nodded and calmed down. She tried to stand, but the injuries she sustained during her... assault made it difficult. She was bleeding in several wounds and her front left foreleg seemed broken. Strong knelt down, "Climb on. I'll carry you" he said. Even though he was injured, he could still carry her rather easily. The mare looked wary, but then gave in and set herself on Strongs back