Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do you choose life over death?

Starlight Sky

Because life is the only option that I can choose.

That may be a little confusing, but let me explain. Quite simply, death is nothing but nonexistence. If I'm dead, then I don't exist. This means I can only exist if I'm alive, so being alive is the only option I have. It's not I can live or I can die, it's I can live or--

Nothing.

In essence, I won't say that I can die. If I'm dead, then there is no more me to be dead. This isn't life or death, this is Admiral Regulus or no Admiral Regulus. And I rather like Admiral Regulus; he's a pretty cool guy. So... I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

Edited by Admiral Regulus
  • Brohoof 2

To be part of the great human experience, find and understand what is the true good meaning of being Human. This is all just an experience we are having. We have experiences, learn life lessons through this course, to then die, to come back with the previous experiences we learned, to live again but with a better understanding of the world, and live more great things we couldn't experience in past lives. :)

That's my perspective of life. It's just my opinion and my version of the truth of human life.

• 2 years later...

I choose to live because that's the nature of things. As a rule, everything that lives instinctually wants to continue living. It doesn't mean life is always the most wonderful thing imaginable; it can be harsh and painful too. But as long as I'm alive I'll stick to it until it naturally expires, with no regrets when it's over. Simple as that.

I don't do it by choice. I'm just too much of a coward to actually kill myself. Not that I fear death, cause I don't, I just fear the physical pain and possibility of surviving an attempt.

Simple, really, and Regulus voices it already more than 2 years ago.

Between choosing from life and non-existance, the choice is pretty obvious. There isn't a day in my life where, in the evening when falling asleep, I wouldn't remember that all of this, everything I have and matters, will just end, maybe even without warning. You can either get depressed or motivated, but usually it keeps pushing me forward to do more and more, to experience life while it lasts. Happiness, sadness, jou, pain. They are life's side effects. I cherish the positives and endure negatives.

Anything is better than just being... gone. I'll have time to be gone yet. It's not like I can avoid it. So why rush it?

• 1 month later...

I didn't choose to live Life.

I do however have an understanding that an Omnipresent All Powerful Incomprehensible Creative Force decided to make me come into existence. I consider myself an Abrahamist.

So, therefore I only live my Life to serve The Creative Force as best as I can over Death since Death is a mere reminder that Life will never be Paradise. Plus, giving into Death early is failure to live up to serving The Creative Force's expectations. Death is illogical for those who don't believe in the plausibility of a Creative Force.

I live in abject fear of the void. It is not all consuming fear, but it is there, below the surface. I have no intention of dying until I am good and ready. Death can have me once I've squeezed out very drop of life I can. I'll employ cybernetics, genetic modification, tissue cloning, mental uploads and more to prolong my life until I'm satisfied that I've lived a satisfactory amount.

Because if I killed myself now, I wouldn't be able to play all the sweet video games that're coming out!  I'm usually on the look out for some interesting games so that whenever I feel suicidal I tell myself, "Well, if you do it now, you'll miss (insert random game here)", it's strangely reassuring.

Because nopony would miss me! And I don't talk about friends and family. I'm talking about the whole freaking world. I want to make my mark. I wanna be horse famous. So, if I'm not in the gaming or fanfiction writing elite yet, you won't see me gone soon.

I don't mind living (for now, even though it's aggravating as all h3ll) and I also don't mind dying. I'm on the fence with this. I have been suicidal in my past, but I pushed through it, mainly because I found a purpose. There were some things I wanted to change, and I'm far too stubborn to give up and not leave a mark on the world.

• 1 year later...