Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why did you choose your avatar/profile pic?

~Rule 63~ Lyeco

I was looking for a sweetiebot avatar but theres an astonishingly low amount of them. So I instead went to sweetie Derelle because AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Probably goona get murdered by mods for that one. I REGRET NOTHING

Edited by Grand_Finale
  • Brohoof 1

post-19066-0-87544500-1377378558.pngI chose this avatar because I want to show all of my interests as I can. the picture is of Tommy Vercetti, the main protagonist in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. So the picture means I play the Grand Theft Auto series.

Another reason is because my Gravity Falls forum account has the same avatar.

The avatar and signature i'm using right now I made in photoshop, mainly because I was bored but also because I really wanted a custom sig/avatar. :wub:  I didn't feel like asking someone to do it for me so I gave it a whirl myself, honestly I think they turned out pretty well  :D 

Heres a picture of them, incase I ever decide to change them up.
post-15775-0-59538300-1377379630.png

post-15775-0-57090500-1377379654.png

I also made a set of avatars for the rest of the mane 6 In the same style, so if anyone wants to use them go ahead:)

post-15775-0-96598200-1377379637.pngpost-15775-0-75408000-1377379639.pngpost-15775-0-27751400-1377379641.pngpost-15775-0-39919100-1377379644.pngpost-15775-0-13946600-1377379646.png

Edited by PhaZd
  • Brohoof 4

Ya, I made it myself. It took some time to get the vibrating right though. I needed it to vibrate just enough. Not enough vibrating is boring. And too much vibrating hurts your eyes! I got it juuuust right~

This is actually based off...this...

img-1763741-1-218803__safe_animated_trix

This seriously reminds me of that thing you could do in Little Big Planet to get yourself out of deep shit.

"HNNNGNNGNGNGNGNGNGNNGG... pop." If anyone else has played LBP, you know what I mean.

• Brohoof 1

New avatar for me, mine is a vector I made, of myself. I like how this one turned out, I vectored the whole thing, the background and myself.

I really needed an epic avatar of myself which is why I vectored it, and it turned out into what I have now.

I saw this picture one day, just absently browsing through deviantart. I saw it and thought "WOW." Looking back, it's not all that, but at that moment I was mystified. It was amazing. I saw the girl in the picture, and I thought, THAT'S who I want to be. The person who I see when I look into the future and imagine what I want to be like. To some people it might just look like a picture of a girl with weird hair, but to me it meant something; symbolized something. And it still does. So, I use it as my avatar as a way of encouragement. Like, maybe if I use it to signify myself, maybe if I get used to seeing myself as that, then maybe, just maybe one day I can look at myself and feel as great and special as she does in my mind. So, that's my super insane and creepy story. But, I kind of don't mind. Because when I'm positive, I can't help but think 'maybe this will work.'

post-4766-0-32855700-1377400254.jpg

As of right now... if it is changed when you view this then it is the picture of above... I chose it because Trixie is best pony. I wanted something that was saucy without going NSFW and when I looked up Sexy Trixie on Google images, this popped up.

Why Applejack? When I first joined the forums, there were basically two big name Applejack fans around (Spas-ticShotty and Clarity), and I wanted my somewhat unusual character preference to be known. Originally, I was actually going to use filly RD here because I thought she was cuter than this;

i-Tfp5p3L-Th.jpg

But the Applejack avatar made it clear that I was an Applejack fan (something unusual) instead of that I was a Rainbow Dash fan (something pretty typical). In other words, I like feeling speshul and famous because I'm an attention hog.

And, let's be honest, it probably did work. I managed to get 3rd place in a "best fan of X character" contest, which was pretty awesome. I get the last laugh for being more prominent nowadays than either the 1st or 2nd place winner.

i-d3tvzpW-Th.png

I also made another filly AJ avatar for a while with the bellybutton meme. However, people started associating me with Filly AJ, and, well... nah. My current avatar was made by me surfing the vector club and going "Sure, why not?". Despite the fact that I don't really need the avatar to be recognized as an Applejack fan anymore, I keep to the theme because

A. Applejack is the winningest pony

B. I'm surprisingly similar to her that didn't sound narcissistic at all

i-nrLtDTh-Th.png

TL;DR: Avatar psychology should be a field of study!

• Brohoof 4

Well, I was looking for an anime girl for an avatar but I couldn't find anything that was good enough. I thought of using a volcoloid, so I thought of Rin Kagamine. And this picture stood out :D

well manely (pun intended) because I smoke weed and one day on deviant art i typed in Flutterhigh and a bunch of funny pictures came up and this was my favorite. I change it quite frequently, i used to have one called Breaking Dash that had Rainbow Dash in a mugshot with a cigarette in her mouth holding up one of those signs that said something like ponyville penitentiary LOL. Thats the one i use the most because I love Breaking Bad and Rainbow Dash is just awesome. and i used to smoke cigarettes so it's kind of ironic to have a smoking avatar. 

Because, Cirno without a bow and with a mustache is just too awesome.

Although I should really make an animated one instead, I'm used to avatars being static in most forums.

*6 days later*

Well, I love Fifi La Fume! Need I say anymore? mlp-pchappy.png

Anywho, I sorta made the avatar myself. I cropped it out of a screencap I took. mlp-swinnocent.png

Quite honestly, this Avatar was not my first choice, i chose another Avatar that exceeded the size limits, so i chose this one as the only one that fit.

I slowly fell in love with it, there is no way i will change my avatar, its bucking awesome! :D

• Brohoof 1