Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do you choose life over death?

Starlight Sky

Death means darkness and emptiness for us.... It could also be really hot, or really beautiful, depending on your beliefs on the afterlife.

Life is life. I don't want to say more about how I like life and have the universe perform douchebagery on me.

Because, death is unknown, leaves everybody around you still alive, wondering what they could've done to save you... It's a selfish choice to kill yourself. It affects everyone... But that's not my main reason: I love life.

Life is everything I know. It's random, entertaining, full of friends to meet, people to love, things to see, places to explore, games to play, MLP... The list is endless.

But overall, it all brings me great joy. I would never want to see someone's life end. Because life is the single most important thing on this earth. It's really all we have.

So cherish yours, as I do mine. Because it could always be worse. (Helping the suicidal, get conflicted! Since 2014 ;) )

• Brohoof 1

Life wasn't something I chose when my mother bore me; and neither is death something that I'll choose. I'm blessed to be alive. I love life and even if I didn't, choosing death would never be an option for me. I don't believe that my life is something I can take away, when it was never something I gave myself to begin with. My life doesn't belong to me, and when the one who owns it calls me home, I'll be ready to go. But until then, I have a whole lot of life to live. :)

Life has opportunity. Life has experiences. Life has friendship. You can do so much with your life and create unforgettable moments to treasure forever.

Death is eternal nothingness. No fun. No feelings. No anything. This is why I much rather prefer to live.

• Brohoof 1

There's still so much for me to do in life: learning, helping others, traveling, making good memories. If I died, then I wouldn't get to experience those things.

That said, I don't fear death.

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 2

Because why choose death? What do I get out of it besides a lack fo existence, it throws everything away I'm working towards, even if I'm super bitter and hate the world theres other ways staying alive could help that cause, but I'm not. I mean sure if you are getting water-boarded or something on a daily basis why not choose death lol.  But first world problem? Unlikely.

Besides I prolly have more free time than most people I should use it well. 

But lazy instincts what can I say x3

Live can be a bucking jerk, who kicks your flank millions of time, makes you suffer and hurts you.

but those moments make the beautiful, happy, hopefully, lovely and glorious moments in life just sweeter.

I'm one of those kinds who is ready to see what the future brings and die when time has come.

I can't say if life after death will be like heaven or hell, or if we are reborn as another baby or animal. I don't know if I can be in Equestria after death or if I just see a black screen the moment I die.

My life isn't the greatest, most of the time I'm annoyed and pissed off. And still, there are only a little few things in my nearly 22 years, that I would change if I could too.

Mayby life is an infinite loop and you are always yourself, repeatiing your life over and over again, just doing different decisions? Mayby were just in a virtual life thing and all of you are just A.I.s they created for me? Mayby I was someone or something before my now life?

I can't tell if there was a me before my now me. But at the end we all should try to make the best of life. We still can find out what comes after death, when the time comes.

Mayby we getting our rewards for getting trough life after we died?

We all should live as long a possible and who knows what comes in the future? Let's say I died 2008, no matter if I choose myself or trough accident. I never had became a Formula 1 Fan, never had seen Button become world champion 2009. I never had seen the Metal Gear games since MGS4. I never had seen MLP. And so much more. And I always will keep hoping something good will happen to me. Mayby I get millionaire? Mayby I find my special somepony? There are still so much good that can happen. And I'm ready to see those things. When I die, then when the moment has come for me to leave. But until then, I will try to enjoy life as long I can.

Well things haven't gone well for me in the past year or so but i'm hoping that i can recover quickly and finish my education which is what i want to do and why i want to live because i don't know what the future holds, hopefully it's good and happy things. There's also games i've been wanting for a long time that have been in the making for years like The Last Guardian which i'm really wanting to play, Uncharted 4 and seeing the Ratchet and Clank movie which is a dream of mine along with the PS4 re-imagining. 

I also don't know what will happen if i choose to die and i don't want to abandon my family.

• Brohoof 1

To experience life and it's thrills and to see loved ones. If I am in pain I would prefer death. But I love my life.

Plus the thrills of watching MLP!

and earning my scout award!

post-34819-0-36416900-1447618025.jpg

post-34819-0-72262700-1447618038.png

Edited by Officer Strike

It's quite simple, really. Because I have a choice, unlike many other people.

I love to be alive and I truly appreciate it because I know there are so many out there who die, only to have lived short lives or no life at all. Because there are people out there who get executed without doing anything wrong, children that get abused to death, animals that get slaughtered without having anything to say about it, people who starve because they can't get any food, people that get shot because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You got a life to live so far, live it, don't waste it. It's not even anything to think about for me. I'd never even consider death unless I had to.

Death is not anything you choose.

Edited by darkwingmare

Life is a gift, if not a privelage. We are all lucky to have a life, and living it how we want is all we can really do with it... it's God's gift, but your choice, which is a beautiful thing to me. And that's why I live- whether life goes on for me in another form after my time in this world is up I have yet to see, but being here now, all I can do is ride it out to the end. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Because whether I like it or not, me dying would hurt some people, and no matter how dark my thoughts become, I don't want to cause anyone that sort of pain. :c And besides, I've got better things to do with my time, like trying to make people happy :) It's nothing grand, nothing particularly noteworthy, but I feel it's important all the same, and I don't want to give up on it anytime soon.

• Brohoof 1

Because I'm terrified of dying. I've been depressed but I know I could never kill myself because it terrifies me. I'm not religious and an eternity of the unknown and nothingness seems horrible. 

By the way, I'm far happier now than I have been. I still get bad days but I can cope.

I don't choose to live, so much as I am compelled to because it is the default state of my body. Aside from something unexpected happening, to die would require I take action.  It would take a lot of planning and would most likely be painful.  I've struggled with depression and have wanted to die. The only thing that kept me alive was I have no access to the things that have the highest "success" rate for suicide and it is hard to figure out a perfect way to kill yourself.

I'm better now though, for the time being, and don't want to die. I need to know who the new Doctor Who companion will be, I need to see the new My Little Pony movie, and I want to go to a pony convention someday.  Plus, yard sale season will return and I love to hunt for cheap toys.

• Brohoof 1

Life is miraculous and fascinating to live.

I choose to live because I'm chomping at the bit to see what each and every tomorrow brings - because it's NEVER been the same day twice... and it NEVER will be.  How can you NOT love that fact?