Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do you choose life over death?

Starlight Sky

Heya ^^

Dramatic question warning!

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. Namely: why do you choose to live?

For me, I'm sticking around because I'm enjoying myself. My goal for the longest while was to understand people (including myself), and since reaching the answers I needed, I'm largely indifferent to things.

Apathy was a major enemy of mine some time ago, but now it's a reformed ally. I'm not forcing myself to find some lifelong goal (like forging deep bonds or fighting for a grand cause). Everything has it's limits, and properly so. I certainly won't avoid those things, but they aren't my center anymore. There are far more forms of happiness to explore.

Life's fun if you can find ways to make it fun, but death seems pretty inviting otherwise. And in case you were wondering, I'm not suicidal; I just see death as a reasonable choice.

Finding work/income and having my own place is the goal now. Somewhere I can build a nice gaming/anime sanctuary to spend my days with whatever/whomever I enjoy.

/endmonologue

Feel free to throw me your thoughts. I'd love to hear them ^^

Edited by Starlight Sky
  • Brohoof 3

Because im afraid of Death and Pain.

I would say something positive, but i have nothing.

I have a little bit hope that i get real life friends at some point...but its mostly because im afraid of being dead.

And i enjoy watching Dc Comics Media.

• Brohoof 2

I am alive simply just because I am. I kind of thought to myself I would die in my early twenties, but now it doesn't feel so. I guess as long as I have something new to learn, watch or obsess over I'll linger a little while longer. Hopefully I can find a reason within myself on why I want to live as I don't seem to have any strong reasons other than I simply just am. To me the future seems volatile, there's a lot on my mind, and reality shows nothing promising. I find myself volatile as well. 

Edited by DageNox
  • Brohoof 1

Plenty of things still left to do, see, memeexperience. Also the fact that my pro-science stance leaves me with the understanding that there is nothing after death. No afterlife. It's not like being asleep; there is nothing at all. Zero brain activity, zero thoughts, not a shred of awareness. There's no light, nor anything like some weird chance of returning or at least remaining around in some ethereal form. You simply stop.
That belief is significantly more terrifying than any scary thoughts of eternal damnation or such and such. To simply have everything end, as though all you ever knew never happened, is what keeps me well aware of the importance of staying alive.

Because it already took long enough for me to come into existance to throw it away. I might not be the most social person in the world, but I do what I like and I want to make the most out of my brief moment of existance. Plus I'm only in phase 2 of my life plan, getting a livelihood. I have yet to use my programming skills for the betterment of mankind and to raise a family.

Love.. 

Water Falls, Fire Burns, Wind Blows, Earth Crumbles, Life Loves.. 

Not the simple view of Love, as just affection, which is emotion, not Eros, or romantic love, nor Storge, that of love for friends and family, and not the deep, warm affectionate love that is Philos, that of a dearest friend, but the kind of Love this is Agape.  Love that is choice, love that gives without expecting anything in return

This kind of love was demonstrated in Crusaders of the Lost Mark, and it turned their greatest enemy into a friend (it's not usually that fast, but continual demonstration of this kind of love can have this effect in real life, I've experienced it)

To quote the world's oldest and most enduring book..

Love endures with patience and serenity, love is kind and thoughtful, and is not jealous or envious; love does not brag and is not proud or arrogant.  It is not rude; it is not self-seeking, it is not provoked [nor overly sensitive and easily angered]; it does not take into account a wrong endured.  It does not rejoice at injustice, but rejoices with the truth [when right and truth prevail]. Love bears all things [regardless of what comes], believes all things [looking for the best in each one], hopes all things [remaining steadfast during difficult times], endures all things [without weakening].  Love never fails [it never fades nor ends].

This is the kind of love that is found in the Divine, in God.. which, despite what some folks who responded have said, is real, this I know of personal experience (message me privately if you want more on that, I'm not really here to preach, but to offer my answer to your question)

Your life is meant to be a gift to those around you, to make this world better, you are a gift and a treasure in and of yourself, you have things to offer that no other human being can offer.  And it is true even if you don't agree with the rest of what I have to say, every human being is unique, a product of genetics and experiences that no one else can match, and has something to offer that no one else can.

With Love, I hope this Blesses you and anyone else who reads it..

• Brohoof 1

Because I value the idea of living so much, I have realised that there is a lot out there in this world (friends to make, things to learn, music to listen to, dream jobs to achieve, etc...). Human life may be limited, but that doesn't mean we can't make the most of it, right???

• Brohoof 3

I don't necessarily choose life over death because I would choose death over life dependig on the situation.

One of my life rules is: never kill another human being. No matter what.

Terrorists, gunmen, you name it, I will not retaliate with violence. Even if it means losing my own.

It's like Batman and the Joker. He knows killing him is the best solution. But to do so would be to kill. Killing, even when justified, is still killing.

So I choose death over life if I have to kill someone to keep my life.

But other than that, I choose to live because why not?

I'll only be alive for another 70 years if I'm lucky and got my Grandpa's genes.

That's merely a fraction of recorded history's time; an insignificant speck in all of time.

Meh.

Might as well make something of it. Work to keep society moving. Play video games. Get married. Have kids.

Just do the do and live. I can choose death whenever, but I can only choose it once. Life, I can choose everyday.

Even if I don't like myself very much, there are others that do. My friends, my family, my boyfriend, these people cherish me and I cherish them, to simply abandon life would be to abandon them. I just cannot do that. I love them too much. I may feel like a complete failure at items and I feel like a burden to these people, but in the end, I don't want to lose them. 

• Brohoof 2