Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Life or Death

Strong Hooves

Strong gently lifted her chin up with a hoof to look her in the eyes, "But I didn't, thanks to you Rose. Don't beat yourself up for this" he gestured to his leg, "Honestly, I'm thankful that I only came out with this and nothing worse. You did what I told you to rose, that's what matters."

Rose tore her head from his hoof and looked away. She wasn't going to back down this easy. She turned again to face his leg.

"That happened because of me. I didn't shoot quick enough. I took my time."

Rose stared back at him.

"I can't let you die. I'm not going to be the reason for you to die. I said I was going to save your life one day. And that is going to happen."

Strong chuckled as she said this, "Seriously though, I don't wanna see you upset, understood?" he stood up straight and looked at her with a smile, "Now come on, let's get this mare to her colt."

They made it back to the civilization where they took the sleeping mare to the infirmary. She soon woke up to see Strong and Rose waiting with her colt. The colt sprang up and embraced his mother in a teary hug, "Momma!!" he cried out happily. The mare said nothing, only hugged her son as tears of happiness poured out of her eyes. She looked to Strong and Rose, all thanks in her gaze.

Strong gave a sad smile as he looked at the two, his eyes showing how happy he was to reunite the colt with his mother.

Strong enjoyed the feeling of Rose at his side. He no longer saw her as a hinderance, but something more. Eventually the nurse pony led the two out so the mare could rest. They made their way to their room, it was sunset now.

Rose sighed softly and jumped on top of her bed, exhaustion now hitting her like a brick. She turned over on the bed and faced Strong and said,

"We did the right thing, you know."