Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

if g5 doesn't get popular or not giving enough profit to hasbro is there a chance g4 will be revied

ani4tt

Probably not. And frankly, I think hasbro is pretty loaded as is, so I don’t think they’d care about throwing their money away. And I’m sure g5 will be popular. My little pony always has been, just not so much with older men, haha.

• Brohoof 2

I very much do not want Friendship is Magic to be revived. Considering that I found the show post Season 5 to be aimless and not good,  I don't see how a continuation would be any better, the magic the show had during Seasons 1-5 was lost a long time ago. That being said, I really wish Equestria Girls could come back and get its own show. There was so much missed potential, especially with Sunset and Sci-Twi's characters. I would have easily given up seasons 6-9 for 4 seasons of an Equestria Girls show.

• Brohoof 2

'G5' is story-wise supposed to be a continuation of FiM, they can't bring 'G4' back. 'G5' *is* their attempt to bring G4 back, after Pony Life kinda fizzled.

If G5 also fizzles, the most likely scenario, given Hasbro's past track record, is to treat this as the 'Newborn Cuties' experiment. Ignore it and do another complete reboot, new setting, new characters but reusing character names in order to keep trademarks current. Basically, if there's not a new character using the Applejack name, it's not really a new generation.

• Brohoof 1

The page has been turned. So, it is very unlikely.
But hypotetically speaking. They could have new ideas that do not necessarily involve g4. Such as making spin-offs of older generations. Like g3. Now THAT would awful. I mean, I don't know much about it, except that it was brain-dead material, apparently. Other one is that characters from g4 may still make an appearance in this generation. Which, I have yet to watch, by the way.

They've told their story and I imagine a lot of the people who worked on G4 have other obligations and projects they're excited for at this point, despite how much they may have enjoyed it prior.

The closest I could see is returning to a more familiar setting, like Twilight's School only at a later point under new management or something other, making more of a G4.5

I thought they were gonna completely leave G4 behind judging by past generations not involving the previous one story-wise (save for a couple references in G4), so I was honestly surprised to see the Mane 6 in G5 at first. I like that it's a progression of the story though :) The merch with Sunny and Twilight together and the references to King Sombra certainly throw me off though. Not really sure how that's gonna get panned out? Surely they wouldn't combine the two generations

Regardless, I don't think they're ever gonna bring back G4. Which is a good thing; it had its run, and had a solid ending. No need to try to revive it, I think it's a very well-rounded story that should be left as-is :BrightMacContent:

4 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

In any of the possible cases, G4 is better be left to rest 

it depends on how well g5 use gen 4 though...if it's better than gen 5 then I'm all the way with it.... but if not then I agree with you.

Absolutely not. The ship has been sailed long ago. There's no reason for Hasbro, a business, to bring it back since they are focusing on G5 right now. 

Plus, the quality of G4 started to go downhill when the old writers left, and Season 6-9 is pure shit.

I don't want to see FiM becoming the next SpongeBob and Simpsons if that were to happen.

• Brohoof 2

I mean, Hasbro still relies on G1 Transformers in the event the new stuff doesn’t do as good as they would like*though it's not directly set in G1 just using the exact same aesthetic), I could see them do something similar with Pony

Edited by Megas

58 minutes ago, JMTV99 said:

Absolutely not. The ship has been sailed long ago. There's no reason for Hasbro, a business, to bring it back since they are focusing on G5 right now. 

Plus, the quality of G4 started to go downhill when the old writers left, and Season 6-9 is pure shit.

I don't want to see FiM becoming the next SpongeBob and Simpsons if that were to happen.

boooo your opinion stinks :laugh:

starlight made the show better!:derp:

faustist drools.:laugh:

1 hour ago, JMTV99 said:

the quality of G4 started to go downhill when the old writers left, and Season 6-9 is pure shit.

That's a little harsh. They were actually a few golden gems in season 6 among the junk.

Guantlet of fire for one thing. Finally gave Spike some respect.

Anyway Generation 4 was amazing but we got to move on and try new things with Gen 5

• Brohoof 3

The answer is a very obvious no, G4 is over. If G5 fails, they'll try something new with the following generation. Even a success of any future G4 content would not result in G4 being revived because Hasbro is done with it, this is how businesses work.

18 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

That's a little harsh. They were actually a few golden gems in season 6 among the junk.

Anyway Generation 4 was amazing but we got to move on and try new things with Gen 5

I understand Seasons 8 and 9 hate despite my disagreements, given the controversies, but I have no clue what the problem is with Seasons 6 and 7. :mlp_wat:

31 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

10 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

The answer is a very obvious no, G4 is over. If G5 fails, they'll try something new with the following generation. Even a success of any future G4 content would not result in G4 being revived because Hasbro is done with it, this is how businesses work.

I understand Seasons 8 and 9 hate despite my disagreements, given the controversies, but I have no clue what the problem is with Seasons 6 and 7. :mlp_wat:

faustists I tells you! hahaha just kidding. anyway. @JMTV99 I was just kidding around. but of course if you criticize someone something etc. get ready to get criticized too. :mlp_smug:

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, JMTV99 said:

I personally don't think Seasons 6-9 are bad, I just find them average (with season 7 coming close to being good). Yeah it was aimless and lacked charm with a lot of misguided writing decisions and bad episodes, but there were also a lot of really good episodes. For all of those seasons' flaws, I'm still glad I watched them since I liked probably about 40 percent of the episodes. I definitely think the old writers being almost entirely replaced after season 5 brought down the show's quality massively. imo MLP would have left a more satisfying legacy if the show properly ended in Season 5 while it was still good, the character arcs were basically complete, and the fandom was still bigger. However, those are just my personal grievances and I am glad seasons 6-9 exist since many others did enjoy them.

Going back to Equestria Girls, as much as I want it to return as a show, I am skeptical if it would be good considering that it would presumably not have the FIM Season 1-5 writers either. The Equestria Girls specials were not the most consistent in quality, so a EG show probably would have issues. That being said, I still think it would be better than Seasons 6-9 since there would be so much potential in exploring its world and concepts, especially Sci Twi and Sunset. 

Edited by Lone Traveler

30 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

but I have no clue what the problem is with Seasons 6 and 7. 

Iiiiiii'd argue S6 is the worst of the bunch actually. If I'm being honest Only reason I say S9 is worse is because it's the only I actually quit watching

3 minutes ago, Megas said:

Iiiiiii'd argue S6 is the worst of the bunch actually. If I'm being honest Only reason I say S9 is worse is because it's the only I actually quit watching

I don't get why people who watched all of seasons 1-8 would stop midway through 9, if you're that close to finishing the show I don't get why you wouldn't just finish it to have a sense of finality. Even as someone who thought the show went downhill I thought the finale was really good. 

• Brohoof 1

season 6-9 became bad is because the brony influenced everyone and say it's bad.... luckily I watched mlp without even caring about the fandom.... hence was not influenced.... to be honest.... season 1 was a bit boring season 2 at the end became interesting. season 3 made me want more! season onwards was fun. so yeah the fans ruined it for them.... I watched Voltron and was mehh it was okay ... then later on alot of hate was given to it and a lot hated the show.... luckily I didn't get influenced by fans..... same as Korra.... now that one is a 50/50. the fans almost destroyed that show.

But to me it was a good show... again was not influenced by others.

now that I got influenced by others rewatching mlp.... myeah started to lose interest in the school season.... luckily cozy glow was there....

so the lesson here is... watch the show before going to the fans.... because they will ruin your experience.:muffins: